Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dream Team League - Season 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    I think those who finish lowest should get the most Ikea dollars to level the playing field.
    then I will lose all my remaining games to drop as far down as possible before end of season.....

vCash
    "level the playing field"??

this isnt little league, Hey-Seus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajvonkrondor View Post

this isnt little league, Hey-Seus.
    Come again? I didn`t fully understand

vCash
    AJ more or less reiterated your sentiment Janis. Hey-Seus is another pronunciation of Jesus.

The other renditions of DTL have had the prize monies reversed though. If Sunderland wasn't there, United or Spurs would win the league as they are the strongest, giving them more money makes them stronger and in turn would make it less competitive, and harder for other managers.
    Last edited by Erkifino; 19-04-14 at 07:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    AJ more or less reiterated your sentiment Janis. Hey-Seus is another pronunciation of Jesus.

The other renditions of DTL have had the prize monies reversed though. If Sunderland wasn't there, United or Spurs would win the league as they are the strongest, giving them more money makes them stronger and in turn would make it less competitive, and harder for other managers.

But then again the best thin would be to end as low as possible on the table.

I can maybe get 1st or 2nd . 3rd or 4th look achievable.
    But if all 4 give CL, you would aim for 4th because of the money. And lower down the table you cant get uefa amyhow so you purposely loose the remainder games to get a higher purse.

meesy written buy you get the point

vCash
    Each to there own Janis. If someone wants to do that then so be it. In my time participating in DTL I don't think anybody threw their games, on the other hand money had little value in previous renditions.

The prize money hasn't been established so it's up to Mark at the end of the day. I'm sure he has it worked out!

vCash
    being punished for a solid performance.
    Being rewarded for not doing well.

seems fair, right? oh wait..

vCash
    But in the other dtls everyone picked thei team themselves. everyone had top top teams. so then it was fair with high place - low cash etc.

But now with these auctions if you get low cash you have little chance for improvement, you catch my drift Erkifino?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajvonkrondor View Post
    being punished for a solid performance.
    Being rewarded for not doing well.

seems fair, right? oh wait..
    'Punished' is a bit extreme... If you win the league, you've won. It's not like you're being stripped of your best player.

From the FAQ

Spoiler!

Maybe there is no prize money.

Quote Originally Posted by Janis89 View Post
    But in the other dtls everyone picked thei team themselves. everyone had top top teams. so then it was fair with high place - low cash etc.

But now with these auctions if you get low cash you have little chance for improvement, you catch my drift Erkifino?
    That's true about the other DTL's, but to an extent it wasn't a fair draft, if you were first out vs. fourteenth as the 13 best players were already gone. Given someone a bigger cash prizes still wasn't going to convince someone to sell Messi for any lump of cash. I had a good run in previous DTL's and I had no problem with others getting bigger cash prizes, and to be honest if I was were either of you too are I'd feel the same, obviously from where I am on the table it looks like I want more money, but that is not the case. Top 4 user controlled teams small prize, 2nd 4 user controlled teams medium prize and bottom 4 user controlled teams big prize.

I mean look at Zak's team, at least give him a chance to get promoted next year.

If ye really want to dominate just start a game as Barcelona stick in an unbeatable tactic and stick it on holiday, silverware every season. If ye want a challenge, here it is.
    Last edited by Erkifino; 21-04-14 at 12:00 PM.

vCash
    What about people like me then, I took over Chelsea when they were bottom of the league and went on to avoid relegation and win the league cup, should I be punished for what a manager before me had done?

vCash
    'Punished' is a bit extreme... If you win the league, you've won. It's not like you're being stripped of your best player.

From the FAQ

Maybe there is no prize money.

That's true about the other DTL's, but to an extent it wasn't a fair draft, if you were first out vs. fourteenth as the 13 best players were already gone. Given someone a bigger cash prizes still wasn't going to convince someone to sell Messi for any lump of cash. I had a good run in previous DTL's and I had no problem with others getting bigger cash prizes, and to be honest if I was were either of you too are I'd feel the same, obviously from where I am on the table it looks like I want more money, but that is not the case. Top 4 user controlled teams small prize, 2nd 4 user controlled teams medium prize and bottom 4 user controlled teams big prize.

I mean look at Zak's team, at least give him a chance to get promoted next year.

If ye really want to dominate just start a game as Barcelona stick in an unbeatable tactic and stick it on holiday, silverware every season. If ye want a challenge, here it is.

Fairplay

I love a challenge. But would also like to be competitive at the top

But I get your point

vCash
    To be honest, after your Dzeko sale, Bob's Higuain sale and AJ's Lukaku sale I'm contemplating on selling Vidal to give me more money to be competitive in the auctions. that could back fire though... But I think that may have been Mark's idea. With Dezko's sale you could afford to splash on Chiellini and Aguero. Not bad wheeling and dealing!

vCash
    To be honest, after your Dzeko sale, Bob's Higuain sale and AJ's Lukaku sale I'm contemplating on selling Vidal to give me more money to be competitive in the auctions. that could back fire though... But I think that may have been Mark's idea. With Dezko's sale you could afford to splash on Chiellini and Aguero. Not bad wheeling and dealing!
    Dzeko sale was almost straight swap with Aguero. So basically I traded Dzeko for Aguero.

But selling good players may backfire. Auctions could be full of shite players. And we don`t know which formation next season brings.

Exciting though!

vCash
    quit the whining until we see what Marky Mark and his funky bunch says..................

vCash
    But for the record. I will not lose any game EVER by purpose

vCash
    I sold Lukaku because he was crap and I have two better ones.

I do not like the draft being called unfair. We all had 20M and we all got the same amount of time to make our bids.
    Maybe the cleanup draft couldve been more even.

And what's this nonsense about either doing a Barca/ cheat tactic or "loving the challenge" ? Pretty sure we all took the challenge. But when I say I feel results should be rewarded, I no longer like a challenge?

vCash
    Had actually typed out a reply but deleted it. Did you read my post or just bits of it and make up the rest?
    Gonna agree with redders...

vCash
    Had actually typed out a reply but deleted it. Did you read my post or just bits of it and make up the rest?
    Gonna agree with redders...

didnt know you wrote a post. Was it any good?

vCash
    Season 1 - Results and Table

The last month of the competition throws up some very interesting fixtures at both ends of the table as well as action in the FA Cup Final.

Firstly, Janis89 started off with the Manchester derby when he took on Jesus for what was his game in hand. Nothing less than a win was required for Janis89 who had an outside chance of catching Sunderland and a 1-0 win courtesy of a penalty by Younes Belhanda secured him three points that puts him just one point behind ajvonkrondor and three behind league leaders Sunderland.

That win certainly spiced things up for the weekend with ajvonkrondor travelling to play at Sunderland while Janis89 took on Kaneman. Meanwhile, Dermotron was at home to Cardiff where nothing less than a victory was required as he also hoped for favours from Fodster and Jesus to beat Liverpool and Stoke respectively.

Amazingly, both the Saturday and Sunday programme resulted in all home sides winning their games with the visitors failing to score a goal. Liam got a 2-0 win over the already relegated Zakkery to secure Premiership safety while Jesus and Fodster did indeed win their games as Dermotron thrashed Cardiff 4-0 thanks to two red cards and a Stefan Kiessling hat-trick. That meant that the fight against relegation goes on for Dermotron who needs a win or even a point in the final game of the season to stay up as long as results for Stoke and Liverpool go his way.

The bad news at the top though was that after a 1-0 win over ajvonkrondor (with Janis89 suffering a shock 1-0 loss against Kaneman), Sunderland secured the title after going four points clear of ajvonkrondor in 2nd place.

Thankfully, there was revenge against the 'CPU' with the FA Cup Final up next where Erkifino faced Cardiff at the Millenium Stadium. Arturo Vidal gave Erkifino a lead but a red card for Alex Silva made for a nervy game as Erkifino managed to hold on to the lead to win the FA Cup and secure European football for next season along with Liam who'd won the League Cup.

If we can't beat the 'CPU' in the league, thank God we've beaten them in the domestic cup competitions!

The spice of the top of the table had been ruined for the title chase but there was still a battle of the 'places' going on in order to earn extra prize money as Janis89 and ajvonkrondor battled to become 2nd and 3rd with Arsenal a point behind Janis89.

As the final weekend action got underway, the TV crews were all at Craven Cottage where Dermotron was the away side playing against pyromyst. Anything other than a defeat could see Dermotron stay up and the start of the day looked good for the Southampton manager as Stoke fell behind against Fodster while Kaneman was also defeating Liverpool. However, a penalty was won by Mikel Arteta for pyromyst who converted it himself to leave Dermotron biting his nails. The leads that Kaneman and Fodster had established were also lost as Dermotron's fate looked ever likely to join Zakkery in relegation.

Things did improve for Dermotron in the second half but a red card for Raphael Holzhauser sealed his fate and he was relegated along with Stoke as a win over Kaneman meant that Liverpool were the ones to stay up.

At the top, ajvonkrondor endured a disappointing end to the season with a 1-0 defeat to Erkifino despite Jerome Boateng being sent off for Erkifino. As Janis89 won 2-0 against ebfatz, he wins the runners up medal as ajvonkrondor is forced to settle for third place and Arsenal joining them (and Sunderland, of course) in the Champions League next year.

Erkifino, Jesus, Redknapp69 and Mark were in a four way battle to qualify for the UEFA Cup but Erkifino's win over ajvonkrondor meant that he sealed 5th place despite a win for Mark against Arsenal who should qualify for the UEFA Cup as Erkifino is already in the competition due to winning the FA Cup. Although Jesus suffered a shock defeat to bottom of the league Zakkery, he finishes 7th while Redknapp69, Kaneman and Hull complete the top 10.

Fodster tops the second half of the table in 11th place and is followed by Cardiff, BobMem, pyromyst, ebfatz and Liam who finishes the season four points clear having successfully led his team away from 19th place when he first took over Chelsea.

Sadly, as Liverpool stay up, Stoke join Dermotron and Zakkery in the next tier next season and we can only hope that both managers will take on the challenge of rebuilding their squads for next season.

Thanks to everybody who took part in this first season, hopefully it has been fun and something different to partake in. Preparations for the second season will begin soon!

League Table
    Spoiler!

vCash
    Great write up!

Hell of an end of the season there!

Congrats to those that achieved their dreams and commiserations to those that didn't and we hope to see the relegatred teams make a good fist of it next year and join us back in the top league!

Can we knock Sunderland off their perch next year?

A satisfying 8th place finish for the Swans but I hoped for better with the squad I accumulated - WE GO AGAIN next year!

Right - what next then? A HAGGLE maybe

vCash
    To confirm:

CL: Man Utd, Sunderland, Arsenal, Tottenham
    UEFA Cup: Aston Villa, Chelsea, Newcastle
    Inter-Toto Cup: Man City.

vCash
    third place isnt shabby, but it is dissapointing nonetheless. Many congratulations to Janis for finishing above me (grrrrr) and thanks to all of you for making it so much fun this season.

And we all love Mark. Thanks, bro.

vCash

Exciting season. Though I had lost the 2nd place there.

This season went much better than expected. Hoping for a good transfer window and that we compete at the top next season also.

Great stuff Mark!

vCash
    Great write up Mark, I'm quite disappointed to slip to 7th though. I would have liked to have had a crack at the UEFA Cup without having to go through the inter-toto. There's no guarantees I'll make it to Europe but I'll just have to do my best. Think I need a good shake up in the summer that's for sure!

vCash
    Phew...

Just been through every single screenshot from season 1 and added them to my Google Drive folder as .jpg's just so we have something to look back on. Some 108 images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345