Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Challenge 30 You can't win anything with kids

vCash
    Not bad from a DMC at all! Good work on the league mate, won as easy as I expected but you can only beat who's in front of you. Who were the two draws against?

vCash
    Spartak Moscow 0-0 A
    Terek Grozny 1-1 H
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Season 15 part 2

Although I had most of my squad sorted and the league games didn't actually matter, I couldn't help myself and spend a fair wedge of my cash on 6 players, 3 from CSKA. I didn't actually need them, but it was a show of strength that Krasnodar could get whoever they wanted. In the last squads, I had 5 in the full Russia squad (including 17 year old Ivan Afanasjev). 14 more in the Russia U21. 1 each in the Scotland, Jordan and Serbia full squads and 2 in the Brazil U21. Not bad from where we started and I have 1 player, 3rd choice striker Kamil Golubev who has been the full distance.

World Club Championships
    It was all going so well. Santos Laguna 4-0, Twente 2-0 despite over an hour with 10 men) and Al-Gharafa 3-0. Perfect qualification to the semi final against the might of Shanghai Greenland Shenhua. With one eye on a final with Probably Sao Paulo just a few days later, I put out a less than full 1st team. That didn't look to be a problem as we gave them a battering and took an early lead. All was looking good although we had to be thankful to our keeper who saved a penalty, right on half time, to preserve the lead.

Into the second half, first my Jordanian got himself sent off and they equalised from the free kick. 10V11 was an even game and we lasted into extra time. Next it was one of my central defenders to be shown red. 9V11 we were hanging on. Penalties. We missed 2. They missed 1. Out.

League
    This was of no importance. For the record, we started the season played 9, won 9. We are the Tzars of Russia.

Russian Cup 29/30
    The year stared with Alania at home in the Quarter final. The visitors can't really complain that their keeper being sent off was significant as we were already 3-0 up. We took our foot off the gas and cruised into the semis. Next up a local derby with Kuban having home advantage at the ground we share. Man of the match was the Kuban keeper, which says a lot about the rest of the team as we won 2-0.
    Through to the final.

We had beaten Luch-Energia 8-0 in the earlier league game. It was a club and league record, but I didn't think they could be as bad again. It took 22 minutes for Graham Easton to break the deadlock. Fair play to Luch, they didn't fold and drew level 5 minutes later. From the kickoff, Easton restored the lead and it stayed 2-1 until the interval. Second half anf Luch came at us with all they had. Against the run of play, Victor Afanasjev galloped down the wing, crossed for Lazarev who was up in support. 3-1. Just give us the cup now !

Champions League 29/30
    Lets cut to the chase. Getting to the semi final was a piss in the park. Second group, Arsenal, Galatasaray and Juventus, maximum points (Gala join us). Quarter Final, Rapid Wien and a 6-1 win in the away leg made the retun match a formality. 3-1 up after 67 minutes, we just couldn't find that elusive goal to take the aggregate into double figures.

Now it gets interesting. Porto have a very strong squad and are a playable league. Going into the home leg, they had conceded just 3 goals in their last 15 games. They were set up to extend that and while we were the better side, it was a midfield dog-fight with very few chances. Porto will be the happier with the 0-0 draw which is what they were looking for.

Second leg was much of the same. The unstoppable force not quite enough to break the immovable object. 4 minutes of normal time remained when .

NO ! BASTARDS !

Then .

GET IN ! **** YOU !

Away goals was enough. PSG, who have been my bitches, in the final. And what a final ! For a long time it looked like being one of those games. PSG got the goal and parked the bus. We through the kitchen sink at them, but PSG held firm . until 89th minute. Firstly Eric Dier was sent off for some handbags with Dementjev. While they reorganised, a Victor Afansjev cross was met by Evertom Maia and he thumped home a last, late equaliser. Extra-Time.

The man advantage against tired legs was starting to tell, but is was a break from PSG that won them a penalty and they led for a second time. 21 minutes to find an equaliser. It looked like a sad way to finish the adventure, but I should have had faith. 3 minutes left. PSG were resorting to panic measures to clear their box, but we kept pumping it back in. Eventually, a Vinogradov cross found Victor Afanasjev who had lost his marker and he turned to set up his left foot .. 2-2. Penalties ..

YOU BEAUTY !
    ARE YOU WATCHING ZLATAN !

Spoiler!

With the Cup and Champion's League to add, the final tally is

17,353+500+1,000=18,853

Evidence will be loaded into the Results thread when I get the chance.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    "The unstoppable force not quite enough to break the immovable object"

Did you take that from my story?

Awesome stuff mate, the only blip being that WCC Semi Final defeat, but you'd accept that for that CL win every time!

Well done on completing the challenge mate, you can move on to starting the Oct update Alphabet game and finding your new club in your lottery story, all in good time though.

vCash
    Hi Guys!
    A long long challenge!!!
    Can I success with the 4-1-3-2 default tactic? Or I have to use my best non wib-wob tactic?
    Another question, if I win in the second season the champ, the cup, AND the CL, I score all the points (including the CL points)?

vCash
    You can use any tactic you want (wib-wob or non wib-wob) as long as there are at least 3 defenders in the formation and 2 wide men somewhere.

Yes I believe you get the points for all three competitions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    You can use any tactic you want (wib-wob or non wib-wob) as long as there are at least 3 defenders in the formation and 2 wide men somewhere.
    Someone did it with a non wib-wob tactic?

vCash
    I don't know you'll have to go through the thread and see, I'm not sure Redknapp69 uses wib-wob tactics though so he probably did.

vCash
    Ok,
    End of first year, descent season, 4th of PL, final FA Cup with a very young team!!!
    It will be long, but I think I can do it with the 4-1-3-2 default tactic.
    Here some of my best transfers:
    -GK: Leali, Oblak (this one is a real breaking balls player, I had to sell him in april, he insulted the team every game...)
    -Def: R.Rodriguez(left), S.Aurier(right), R.Varane
    -Mid def: P.Pogba, C.Coady
    -Mid off: M.Verratti, J.Draxler (Zaha, Powell and Januzaj are the only players who will stay at the club)
    -Forward: Lucas Moura, Dybala, Alcacer, and M.Kolar

Next season!
    Last edited by kikivampy; 22-01-19 at 09:11 AM.

Faceless is offline Official Challenge Team
    KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kikivampy View Post
    Ok,
    End of first year, descent season, 3rd of PL, final FA Cup with a very young team!!!
    It will be long, but I think I can do it with the 4-1-3-2 default tactic.
    Here some of my best transfers:
    -GK: Leali, Oblak (this one is a real breaking balls player, I had to sell him in april, he insulted the team every game...)
    -Def: R.Rodriguez(left), S.Aurier(right), R.Varane
    -Mid def: P.Pogba, C.Coady
    -Mid off: M.Verratti, J.Draxler (Zaha, Powell and Januzaj are the only players who will stay at the club)
    -Forward: Lucas Moura, Dybala, Alcacer, and M.Kolar

Next season!
    It will be looonnnnnnnngggggggggg for sure. Only took me 26 seasons. But long challenge is fun.

vCash
    Finishing this season 2 second...
    I have a problem in the begining of season 3, Ricardo Rodriguez is now 22 (just before the first game) but injured for several months... The board refuse I fire him and you can imagine that no club interessed...I have screenshoots of him injured and what the board said. Is it sufficient?
    The other problem is...that I think I won't do the double PL-FA Cup...So Ricardo Rodriguez won't be a problem!!!

vCash
    List him for 0 and accept all offers you get, eventually he'll pass a medical to sign for someone, and you can't play him in the mean time.

Post up a picture of his injury and what the board said for us as well please mate.

vCash
    Too difficult... Second attempt but I will change the 4-1-3-2 default tactic for my best non wib-wob tactic 4-2-3-1.
    I have a doubt... I have to win PL and FA cup the same year (League Cup doesn't count?)
    And if I sell all the +21 players before the first game of the first season, it's ok or I have to wait the second season for my first attempt?
    A last question, what about if I win the second season Premier League, FA Cup and The Champion's League, I score for the CL too?
    Thanks!!!
    Last edited by kikivampy; 26-06-20 at 05:36 PM.

vCash
    Second season and 2 games remaining... FA Cup final against Man City which is second with 1 point behind me...

vCash
    So lucky!!!
    Win this FA Cup final with a boost...https://imgur.com/a/T0YLbyC
    And the Premier League is mine with 1 point in front of Manchester City!!! https://imgur.com/yPWpxkM

I have my revenge!!!

My best non wib wob tactic, 4-2-3-1, https://imgur.com/Hc8izTD

Team with 21 years old players at the beginning of the season: ok, https://imgur.com/a/KVOzEog

Now, last season in England, it will be difficult, I have to change 60% of my team...

Total after season 2 (England), 800+800+65=1665pts

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kikivampy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 3 ends badly...
    Losing in 1/4 in FA Cup and Champion's League (Man City and Bayern),
    Finishing 2nd, Chelsea was unstoppable... https://imgur.com/QsO0ZAs
    Scoring the 59 goals only...
    1665+59=+1724pts
    Age of all players before the start of the season ok, https://imgur.com/a/8OUruqo
    Tactic and regular team, https://imgur.com/euzRtS6

I'm going in Turkey, Fenerbahce!
    Last edited by kikivampy; 05-07-20 at 09:33 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213