Thread: 0001 Patches

vCash

0001 Patches

Last edited by Cam F; 06-09-14 at 03:49 PM.
    Long live 00/01

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    how do you apply these and whats the relevance of each?

vCash
    Not much relevance really if you want to play my db as they won't work with that patch due to my exe being so changed but for people who play the original game.

Personally for me the bits I like about 0001 disappear as 3.89 is basically 0102.
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Personally for me the bits I like about 0001 disappear as 3.89 is basically 0102.
    Hey, Cam. Would you mind explaining this a little more? I am another defector from 01/02 looking to go back to 00/01 because of the niggling issues. I want to do some personal editing, but need to know it's going to be worth the while. Are you saying that key differences (such as background leagues and employment abroad) are broken in 3.89 as they are in 01/02, or are you referring to some other issues you've found? I was planning use the 3.89 platform as opposed to 3.81, given that 3.89 is supposed to contain a few bug fixes. What should I be wary of?

In reference to another poster's earlier question, can anyone shed more light on the 3.98 data/no-data update? Specifically, does the data update correct the database for the start of the 00/01 season, or does it move players to where the were at the time of release (approx Jan 2001), even though you still begin in summer 2000? I am asking for information from well over a decade ago, but I'm sure there are some buffs out there who know the answer.

FYI, I want to play as Dover and you can barely scrape together a starting XI on the ODB; they don't even have a goalkeeper. Their situation is a little better with the data update, but I don't know how accurate the expanded roster is for the start of season 00/01. I want to play the database that has the most accuracy, regardless of how painfully difficult that might be.
    Last edited by Dr. Conquest; 21-08-14 at 10:47 PM.

vCash
    I've just always used 3.81, found it so stable with no crashes and all the bits I like are still there in 3.81, some have been removed by 3.89 but not major ones but still ones that reduce my enjoyment of it, things like being able to offer any non player any non player job I want unless it limiting the options you can offer.

When I originally started uploading my db on here I changed it to 3.89 but then a few folk mentioned crashes and this was alien to me so went back to 3.81.

Can't comment on background leagues in 3.89 but no job issues as far as I am aware in 3.89 but defo not a problem in 3.81.
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    Not much relevance really if you want to play my db as they won't work with that patch due to my exe being so changed but for people who play the original game.
    Clearly I'm late to the party here, but I'm curious what changes you have made to your .exe as I would like to make a few of my own. We're not talking about anything special here, just basic fixes like the Idle Sensitvity and turning off the Remove CD message. I have Flex 2 (with JL Patch) for CM 01/02, and I glean from other threads that you may have adapted this and/or other JL tools to make your modifications. In short, where can I find the tools to make .exe changes to CM 00/01? Do I just need a list of all the offsets to insert into the Flex utilities? Thanks.

Also, what is the problem wth the Turkish league that needed to be fixed, and does this apply to 3.89 as well?
    Last edited by Dr. Conquest; 27-08-14 at 04:29 PM.

vCash
    To my own exe I changed all the league and cup names to now, so bundesliga, la liga, and Scottish premiership for example. I removed need for a cd. Turkish league and same for 3.89 as tried that too, gives a harmless yet annoying error message quite a lot. I gave JL a screenshot of message and he was able to remove it. Regarding making changes to 0001, the offsets are different from 0102 as far as I understand but I've not been able to use the newer flexes for over two years lol but would be excited to see what you can achieve. I ok know you can change prize money but tried that and left it as it was.

vCash
    To my own exe I changed all the league and cup names to now, so bundesliga, la liga, and Scottish premiership for example. I removed need for a cd. Turkish league and same for 3.89 as tried that too, gives a harmless yet annoying error message quite a lot. I gave JL a screenshot of message and he was able to remove it. Regarding making changes to 0001, the offsets are different from 0102 as far as I understand but I've not been able to use the newer flexes for over two years lol but would be excited to see what you can achieve. I ok know you can change prize money but tried that and left it as it was.
    Okay, cool. I also have 'removed the need for a CD'; I was just hoping to clear the message. As most of the existing Sendspace links on this site appear dead, would you be able to assist me with obtaining a 3.89 .exe with the Turkish league error message fixed, but with no other changes? I plan to rename all the competitions to what they were in 2000, not what's current. Out of curiosity, you mention you use coloured attributes and an updated GUI pallette. I'm assuming those offsets worked just fine?

I love your backgrounds, by the way. Is there still an active link where I can snag a copy? When you display your screnshots, the background emblem matches the club. Is this a trial and error thing for the purposes of good presentation, or is there a way to associate an image with each club? (A similar thing happens in other areas, such as the booardroom picture in the background when you approach the board).

vCash
    No message on mine at all about a disk.

No such 3.89 exists with Turkish message fixed, was a one time favour from JL

Coloured atts was another favour on here, think was MarcoVanBast and big thanks to him for that as improves it greatly.

My picture folder is huge, if you pm me your email address I can send you it but will take a while to download depending on your broadband.

Each picture is assigned specifically to a club, player or competition for example. My pic folder is a mix of orig 0001/9900 & cm3 pics, ones I've created and downloaded from the guys on here also. Boardroom pics don't work in 0001, well not in mine but do, along with training pics in 0102.
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    The message I'm referring to is the old 'You may now remove the CM 00/01 CD at any time' that appears when you've finished creating or loading a game. A purely cosmetic issue, similar to the Turkish message. I'm wishing JL was still hanging around here. It would have been nice to get that fixed.

vCash
    No such 3.89 exists with Turkish message fixed, was a one time favour from JL
    Update: I caught up with JL on the CM 01/02 forums and he agreed to make the changes I asked for in CM 00/01 v3.89. He asked me for the code and exact wording of the Turkish league error message. The thing is, I learned about it from you and have been unable to reproduce to problem in my personal testing. Do you still have the details available so I can get them to JL, or did it fall off your radar a long time ago?

Also, I received the pictures. It's quite a collection you have there. Thanks for sharing!

vCash
    I don't have 3.89 installed.

Quickest way is for you to play a quick season (don't holiday as it won't show up) in Turkey, it was not immediate but halfway through or near end of first season then appears often but can click through it.
    Long live 00/01

vCash
    I don't have 3.89 installed.

Quickest way is for you to play a quick season (don't holiday as it won't show up) in Turkey, it was not immediate but halfway through or near end of first season then appears often but can click through it.
    Okay, I'll persevere. I clicked through about half a season before posting here. I holidayed Nov-Dec to reduce the babysitting required, but at least I now know not to do that.

vCash
    The links are dead mate. Can you upload them again?

vCash
    Updated OP.
    Long live 00/01

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    For those who might want this for posterity, below you will find a link to the CM 00/01 3.89 .exe with the following fixes:

- No need to run the game from a CD or .iso (Dr. Conquest)
    - No 'Remove CD' message appears when creating or loading a game (JohnLocke)
    - Non-fatal error message in Turkish league no longer pops up (JohnLocke)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hcc48r

This is courtesy of JohnLocke, who I worked with through the CM 01/02 forums to get this done. Since it's for CM 00/01, I thought it would be good to share over here.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Conquest For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    Dr. Conquest I know I'm 4 years late but is it possible that you could Post John Locke's exe for 00/01 3.89.exe?

Thank you