Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: [STORY] CMSG Ltd - PtP IV - Fallen Giants

vCash
    Updated the in play list. Good luck merk

vCash
    Great seasons guys, looks like we've really established Leeds as Champions League regulars and we're picking up a few trophies too

vCash
    Great write up Dermo and top stuff winning both cups!

Unlucky on the league but a fine effort considering fighting 4 fronts - that Monaco CL game is a heart wrencher! Unbelievable!

Disappointed that Courtois was wank for you

Handed the baton on nicely though - congrats again!

vCash
    A quick one two

Good seasons lads

That cl loose is so annoying derm. The curse.

With such good squad i wont need many signings it seems. Maybe a decent keeper

vCash
    Good work Bazzzaaaaaaa on the Charity Shield - just 1 more trophy to get!

Unlucky on the CL - it's a toughie and looking at the last few years we have all had stinkers of groups

Looking forward to see the next restriction!

P.S - when it comes to Mark's turn can you put a restriction in that sells Krafth

vCash
    To add on Baz's season, Real Madrid won the CL 4-3 against Bayern

vCash
    All is going well.

vCash
    Good work Derm and Gaz, just that pesky CL to win and we can leave England. Can't believe Courtois couldn't perform for either of you guys, maybe merk is the man to get him going!

Don't forget to edit your write up Red

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Updated the in play list. Good luck merk
    Cheers mate

Oh yeah can people remember to send me a copy of the save when they've finished their season as well as next in line please? Cheers.

vCash
    Save sent to Zan and AMC. Write up soon

vCash
    Really enjoying this thread gents - am sure that CL win is just around the corner. KUTGW.

vCash
    Cheers Merk.

Stick ya name down by posting the code word from the opening post if ya fancy a go yourself mate

vCash
    Received it, will start to play once Merk has written up (don't want any spoilers )

vCash
    - ARE YOU MAD!!

- Do you want to live?

- Yes, so I repeat, ARE YOU MAD?!

- We'll kill you if you don't accept.

- I will get killed if I do!

- Look, you are half German. We can show you as a 3rd generation Turkish/German. They like Ozil.. a bit.

- Ok, but I won't go alone. I want some scapegoat on the field.

- You can buy anyone you want. Just play with 4 defenders.

- Allright. I'll just go and start German lessons.

So, who would be dumb enough to accept an offer from Leeds? All the Turkish born players just ignored me and prayed for my soul. Finally Hakan Çalhanoğlu accepted my offer. I think he has no idea of the terrible history. I had to pay 13M£ for the poor bastard. I hope he'll get some steam off of me.

There were 2 more transfers arranged by Baz, the previous manager. Luke Shaw was a superstar DL with a great deal of 5.5M and Colombia national team defender (and sweeper) Jeison Murillo on a bosman.

When I checked the team sheet, I was really impressed. It was full of talented youngsters that can play right left and center and forward and defender midfielders and shit. I checked the reserves and promoted the good ones to first team only to find out the first team players were awesome. I had to do lots of rotation to keep this gems improving.

And as I was just getting ready to know the guys with some pre-season matches and some early league games the UEFA fucked it up. We were to play Champions Cup Qualifying match... away... against Sevilla... 4 days before the first game of the season... which was a Charity Shield match against Man. City...

I didn't touch the tactic they were used to. I tried to copy the starting line up from last year, with only Shaw and Çalhanoglu added to the team. Bentek and Kolar was up front, Sturrige was injured.

Kolar scored the away goal we needed in 42 and the goal we conceeded at 73 by Samper saw us with a good chance to the home leg.

I put the same starting eleven for the Charity Shield as they already were fit from the World Cup that Argentina won (against Chile). Kolar scored again at 70th and Courtois decided we want this so he won the shield.

I didn't like the way matches looked like it could go eather way and the teaming up front wasn't looking good so I took one of the forwards and added another midfielder in the center with an arrow to support man position. (This was the only change i made to the tactic - it was a non wib-wob to start with)

We lost league matches 1 and 3 but beat Tottenham 4-0 away in between. I started playing around with players (Hakan made me do it as he was playing shit) Krafth went up and Corchia went to DR for the match against Sevilla. It took Kolar 10 minutes to score, added 2 more by Krafth and Nurishi.

The group we got was Maritimo, Ajax and Barça. A fairly strong group for the first round. Started fairly bad with a 1-1 away draw with Maritimo but got a lot better after beating Ajax (2-0) and Barça (1-0) at home.

We won the next 3 matches in the league, one of them being Liverpool (3-0), drawed with Man. City at home. The F.A decided I was right about the poor display by the refree.

We won the next 5 league matches thanks to Avdijaj being a great back up striker while I rested Kolar between CL matches.

Spoiler!

We lost the second match against Barça but managed to beat Maritimo at home 2-0 and Ajax away 1-0. We qualified 1st from the first group, hoping not to see Barça again.

As is usual, we lost our next league game away against ManU no thanks to whever fucking sold them Lasogga. (more on him later)

Second stage of CL was against Juve, Wolfsburg and Anderlecht. Thanks to Sevilla up front and Ajax+Barça first group, we were given a break... and we broke it with 5 wins and 1 draws ( a 2-2 draw against Wolfsburg away, just for the hope of getting rid of Juve )

Soo, to keep things short, we went up and down in the league, usually around 2 and 5, managed to top the table on 11th and 23th week. We lost 1-0 to Chelsea at the FA Cup 3rd Rnd but won the League Cup against Man. City 1-0, same score to take another cup off their hands

The CL Quarte Final got us... of course Barcelona. We gave them what we gave Sevilla, a 1-1 draw away, even after a red card of Miranda.
    There was 8 more games to go and this was the situation:

Spoiler!

teams battling for the championship, Everton was impressive. We won against Reading and Brighton but managed to loose at home against ManU, thanks to whom? Riight, Lassoga. The F.A again decided I was right about the poor display by the refree

Second match of CL was though, their keeper Guaita managed to keep us from scoring nearly half the match. Nurishi scored the only goal of the leg at 44th.

The morale of the CL semi showed good and my tactical geniusness of not playing any players from the CL second leg paid of for 2 matches in between CL fixtures. We beat Arsenal and Everton 2-0, Avdijaj scoring one to each. So 3 matches to go and this was the situation :

Spoiler!

Still 5 teams were up for grabs. But our next oppenent was more important to us as CL aws the main goal this season: Dortmund. So we were to play against Dortmund away, Newcastle home and Dortmund home, in 8 days.

We wrapped up the CL final in the first match, wining 2-0 away, goals by Lars Bender and Kolar. We weren't so lucky in the league as we draw a poor 1-1 against Newcastle, Fraser Foster, their GK being the MOM. The F.A decided I was right about the poor display by the refree once more. Well, it was all ok if we can take it to the CL Final so we started to push against Dortmund and Kolar's goal in 23 was enough to get us through. We conceeded one at 75 from Kirchhoff :shrug: 1-1!

So we had Chelsea away next and smashed them 5-0! Coolest game of the season. Kolar scored 3, Goretzka scored one of his few 8 all season and Lars Bender scored his 3rd.

We had one game left, Sunderland away and this was how the table and fixture looked. I wasn't hoping for much but lots could happen in football right.

Spoiler!

The games started and City scored 2 in the first 10 minutes, we scored 1 in 47th minute and this was the current table:

Spoiler!

We scored another at 74th and City conceeded one at 78th. ManU was still 0-0... we were only a goal from Swansea away from the champinship!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Well the final match of the season. The Champions League final against....Napoli somehow. They beat Fenerbahçe in the semis.
    Spoiler!

Afterword:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by merkezekrem; 19-06-14 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    Umm i'm confused, what happened with the Champions League final

vCash
    Nice write-up, thrilling end to the Premier League season! Congrats on the Champions League

vCash
    Great stuff mate - CL Winners!

England DONE!

I sold Lassoga as he was on 1/5th of the budget I was allowed for entire squad!

Unlucky about the league but no worries

I hope you put all low buy out clauses for players?!

vCash
    Yeah, I was gutted when Lasogga was sold as I really like him as a striker as well. Should have know that he'd come back to haunt us!

Who cares about the Premiership, been there, done that... Now the CL is where it's at and YOU'VE DONE IT! Well done!

Is that actually every trophy that we've won now? Did we try UEFA Cup? Obviously got Super Cup to come too.

EDIT: Zan's next? Look forward to a story that makes no sense

vCash

vCash
    Nice work on the CL win!

vCash
    "-In order to fulfil our goal of returning clubs to their former glories we need to ensure they win all the major domestic trophies (e.g. in England - Premiership, FA Cup and League Cup) as well as the major continental trophy (Champions League or Copa Libertadores)."

Mark

vCash
    Cheers merk, we didn't need to win the Charity Shield really, but every little helps as Tesco would say.

Well done on nailing the Champions League as well meaning we can move on from Leeds, will be interesting to see where Zan takes us next, and knowing Zan how we get there and get on in our first season with them.

vCash
    How ya getting on Zan?

vCash
    Haven't started yet, got some shit going on atm, but will be done for monday Have you got a list of fallen giants? Looked through the first two pages but couldn't see it

vCash
    Could you not have said sooner that you won't be done on time? I also sent you a PM at the time saying if you had any trouble finding a team to let me know.

I've PM'd you a list of teams, if you haven't played your season and posted your write up by Monday night the parcel will be sent to Mark.
    Last edited by AMC; 26-06-14 at 04:40 PM.

vCash
    DON'T FECKING LEAVE!

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast