Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Tactics - Non WIBWOB: How does yours look like?

vCash
    guys, please post the download link.

The Wibwob tactics dominated the forum, we need some nonwibwob to test.

I've created a small tactics pack of my tactics. To note the main things you can change on these tactics, I personally play normal mentality against bigger teams and attacking when I'm the better team, I also use counter attack if I'm a real underdog. If I'm holding on for a result I will put men behind ball around the 85th minute.

Download link - https://www.sendspace.com/file/zcb6bb

Tactic Screenshots:

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi James

When I play later tonight I'll start a new save and play the different variations you uploaded depending on opposition. It nice to see someone upload variants of a tactic depending on situation any advice to which style of player excels in a particular position on any of the variants?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    Hi James

When I play later tonight I'll start a new save and play the different variations you uploaded depending on opposition. It nice to see someone upload variants of a tactic depending on situation any advice to which style of player excels in a particular position on any of the variants?
    It's key to have good passers in centre midfield so when you do attack you are more likely to create good chances in all tactics.

In the 4-3-3 the centre striker is your target man, so strength and balance are key as he holds play up.

Full backs with good stamina also key in all tactics as with no wingers they get forward a lot.

The AMC is the absolute key attacking man in tactics where it is used, you really need someone with good passing, creativity, strength and finishing as he is given a free role to create and score goals.

I find with these tactics though your forwards will be your top scorers if they are good enough unlike tactics where the midfielders score more.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

Did you manage to do any testing Leo? Interested how they work out on a different save

9. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    No not yet mate I forgot the Hungary Wales game was on TV yesterday I will try tonight though

11. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

No rush mate, just wondering if you downloaded the file before it expired, let me know and I can upload again if needed

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    No rush mate, just wondering if you downloaded the file before it expired, let me know and I can upload again if needed
    I just downloaded it

14. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Did you manage to do any testing Leo? Interested how they work out on a different save
    I ran a season with Cottbus in Germany used the 5 at the back formation came 12th. The tactic was pretty solid i changed some of the passing of the defenders and on a couple of the mids to suit the squad

I didn't buy any players and my team was pretty crap in midfield for attacking attributes and my defence were all donkeys so with a better team or good signings the tactic could work well as my strikers weren't clinical or good enough and there was many games having double shots on goal to the opposition but would still lose.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Yea with the defensive line up it will get you results good enough but then without quality attackers you will struggle to score loads. I like that its not a super tactic but good enough to help your team slightly over achieve, makes the game more realistic. Youll probably find that with most my tactics

vCash
    Hi mates, here is the nonwibwob 3-4-3 tactic.
    Use at AMC positions - forwards or strikers with good dribbling for better results.

Have fun! => https://www.sendspace.com/file/0ccxy2

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scemoka For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yea with the defensive line up it will get you results good enough but then without quality attackers you will struggle to score loads. I like that its not a super tactic but good enough to help your team slightly over achieve, makes the game more realistic. Youll probably find that with most my tactics
    yes it's a decent tactic I was curious to try the 5 at the back one. I think with sensible signings some physicality upfront and a nice blend in midfield you could be pushing for european places with it after a few transfer windows with a small club that starts off battle bravely for relegation first season.

Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    yes it's a decent tactic I was curious to try the 5 at the back one. I think with sensible signings some physicality upfront and a nice blend in midfield you could be pushing for european places with it after a few transfer windows with a small club that starts off battle bravely for relegation first season.
    I would imagine a quality player in the AMC role would dramatically improve the results.... a froward can work in that role too with the right attributes

22. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Lukita Ballon de Ore, Lukita Ballon de Ore

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragooo For This Useful Post:

vCash

This is a tactic I am currently using on a couple of cm00/01 games but don't see no reason why they can't be an effective away formation or against elite teams on cm01/02 or even as a main tactic after a season or 2 with squad depth. I have tried it out on cm01/02 but it is very player dependant you need 2 very good target men either side of the central poacher and 2 very good attacking wingbacks who can dribble and cross. It's normal mentality no pressing but hard tackling it's too keep shape and launch balls forward quickly in transition as your 3 strikers are already high up the pitch. My squads tend to have defensive type forwards who are physical can press and tackle

26. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Also the reasoning behind the tactic was making use out of my most potent and best players in an attacking sense whilst completely blocking off threats from attacking opposition who expect to beat you. The quick attacks after you win the ball is key and is my reasoning to why i created it

Inter are current holders with a very good squad and I have only been currently signing scottish players for 3 seasons who vary in ability. Larsson is 33 now and my only non scot/home grown signing is my keeper

an compare

I do think though on either verion 00/01 and 01/02 people say the game is basic and don't think too deep about tactics I do agree to a certain extent but for non wib wob if you shape a tactic around your players and understand and can compare yourself to opponent making tweaks and evolving tactics is very satisfying when they do click even if it takes a while of tweaking.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This is my current tactic in season 2 with a save in Croatia

Idea was literally to sit everyone on zonal marking apart from the wingbacks who do not mark either zonally or too man

Only 3 players in team with attacking intent are the poacher and 2 wingbacks

30. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Scrolling down at newsfeed on facebook, I saw a troll picture of Argentinian squad with all attackers involved with description "This is how Argentina should play.". Fazio & Otamendi at CB's, Mascherano on DMC, Messi & Dybala at 10's, Di Maria & Lavezzi on wings and 3 attackers: Pavon, Higuain & Aguero.

So I got an idea to try and replicate that on FM. And what's the best choice than PSG ? This is my results after 11 games:

So far, so good. Need a few tweaks to score more goals with this attack potential.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dragooo For This Useful Post:

vCash

AMC freerole
    Wingbacks no forward runs but run and cross ball
    Only players not pressing are DC's and Striker
    Centre mids no forward runs but right sided one does run with ball left side MC plays through balls

it's more a safe possession tactic relying on the central amc as playmaker and right sided centre mid with good dribbling and finishing everyone else kinda just supports those 2 main threats and plays it safe
    Last edited by leo37; 04-07-19 at 01:24 PM.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

My latest creation is a 4-1-3-1-1 formation. Early days but so far lots of clean sheets and also 2 of my biggest wins on the save - 8-1 and 7-0. You can download here - https://www.sendspace.com/file/4zuc15

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Long time ago i created this 1 and i believe is kinda of a cheating vs AI Tactics

Home:

Full-backs arrows forward 1 tick
    Attacking
    Short
    Hard
    Offside trap

Away:

Full-backs no arrows
    Normal
    Short
    Hard
    Offside trap

Instructions:

Run With Ball: Everyone except: GK,DC,ST
    Forward Runs: Everyone except: GK,DC,ST
    Marking: Everyone - ZONAL, ST- No marking
    Passing: GK - MIXED, FULL-BACKS - DIRECT
    Long-Shots: ALL 3 MC
    Free-Role: No one
    Try Through Balls: Whatever, 2xCDM or 3xMC
    Crossing: Full-Backs
    Hold Up Back: No one
    Last edited by giggz; 28-08-19 at 10:42 AM.

vCash
    New one for me - won a large number of titles with this one, although clearly not a world beating tactic. Creates plenty of chances but attacking output relies heavily on central midfielder who needs to be good passer and ideally has a good shot from distance also. One striker should be a "finisher", the other one ideally a "passer/playing one". That works best in combination here.

Defensive side relies as on the DM, no surprise there. The better the DM in relevant skills (Pos, jump, strengths, tackling, stamina) the better. If he can pass it's added bonus and I like to use him with direct passing and through balls which works well. If DM is strong he'll score goals also.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S-2...ew?usp=sharing

vCash
    Ill have a look at this later, not too sure normally on 2 up top, but always looking to live test, cheers for sharing

vCash
    Yes, me neither. Rarely works for me. If then only in smaller leagues. Hence I was excited to see this system providing multiple European Cups and Premier League titles, and the beauty is: everyone is contributing. But as mentioned: it's certainly not world beating. Still losing games. Just another option to try and play with, and surprised me to still finding new ways of winning, as I thought I've been through everything non-wib/wob. That's the beauty of the game.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to The Porridge Flo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Totally agree there with the NWW concept, im forever live tactic testing, I feel live test as oppose to holidaying is better imo

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Members who have read this thread: 506