Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Tactics - Non WIBWOB: How does yours look like?

Quote Originally Posted by paulfitz View Post
    Do you find that the tactics that worked on the ODB are still relevant on the latest updates (March 20) as the way teams line up are much different nearly 20 years on?

On the ODB I had great success with a similar formation to GFRays’s Fibonacci where I had defensively minded mid in a 3 and two strikers up top.

On the March 20 update I now use the formation that Liverpool/Man city use as there is a much greater choice of wide amc’s/forwards these days as opposed to 01/02 where there was endless amounts of great midfielders on the game such as Aimar, Veron, Cole, Robben, Nikiforenko etc
    The better tactics should work as well as before as the AI Tactics are certainly weaker even if the managers are better than the ODB.

I think the element of time to find the gems in a new update is sometimes forgotten. Most people have nearly 20 years of loading up the same player base over and over. The spread of good players was better generally, meaning some players were deemed better by association. The reverse is the thinking today, if not at huge club the player isn't top class (or won't be) . The likes of Boca, River, Olympiacos, Celtic, Rangers, PSV, Feyenoord etc. top guys are nearly all at bigger clubs younger and younger these days. Plus if a youngster has 1 or 2 decent games somewhere semi obscure he's in Europe within month knocking about in the reserve sides for a few years far too soon.

I think the current better players just aren't as obvious as before too. Hard to balance everyone's preferences unfortunately.

I tried using Fibonacci and wibwob just to see how the old tried and tested tactics would fare and I won the league with Leicester pipping Liverpool by 2 points.

No european football and small squad helped also.

March update is great and very enjoyable playing as teams set up currently to make it more realistic.

Like Dermatron mentioned there is a real lack of hidden gems in real world football these days that makes it harder to pick up those bargain players who can transform your team.
    (Bellingham £1m and Dembele £600k are the best two I have managed to get that are 1st team ready)

Only gripe is there is some random transfers for very small change if you don’t have a massive shortlist saved. Seen Neymar move for £8m and a few other heavyweights move for small change within the 1st season.
    Last edited by paulfitz; 15-04-20 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk View Post
    abiyubi How is your goal difference so good? I push the fullbacks up in similar setups and leak loads of goals, You also do not have a defensive midfielder?

Is your goal keeper wobbed? must be
    His GK is wobbed, He used to edit 442 default tactic which GK is wobbed. You can see it at ps of tactic (GK with black circle)

Any hints which non wib wob tactic gives best results, not including Fibonacci one ?

What do you think about wibwob IodineCT tactic after turning off wibwob to the players? It is quite impressive

Does anyone have any idea of the best tactics for playing with a terrible team. Playing in a Scandinavian lower leagues and using mostly free transfer player and youth players as we have no money. Leaking goals left right and centre. We aren't allowed to wib wob.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dunder28 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea of the best tactics for playing with a terrible team. Playing in a Scandinavian lower leagues and using mostly free transfer player and youth players as we have no money. Leaking goals left right and centre. We aren't allowed to wib wob.

Cheers
    If your team is that bad play direct or long ball style maybe 5 at the back have a big man upfront and more defensive players in the midfield rather than average attacking ones that have no defensive attributes at all

take it off hard tackling and pressing too if your team has poor workrate and tackling compared to the league standard you are playing at

Quote Originally Posted by ulixes View Post
    What do you think about wibwob IodineCT tactic after turning off wibwob to the players? It is quite impressive
    I use the Iodine without WibWob quite often. It seems to work pretty well indeed.
    My favourite tactic is a version of it, with the midfield built with two DMCs and one MC instead, all three with a small arrow forward.

Non wib wob

Currently trying a freerole tactic with 3 drifters including striker with the rest of the team not doing much so all the creative play and attacking play is heavily reliant on the trio of playmekers

Currently joint top in winter break fist season only half cheat signing is Jamie Victory from Cheltenham as i needed a quick explosive wing back for the tactic to do what i wanted

Usual settings short passing, offside trap but the only players that press are the freerole playmakers and the rw all the other players are set on man marking and no press. Retraining players to play certain set positions so i have cover and can rotate much easier. Have a really young team so hope after a season or so this could really take shape

All free role players on mixed passing with GK with left wb and right winger on direct passing as they both have really high crossing attribute

11. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

This is mine, M nonwibwob

I'll be trying this fat boy for my new Cordoba save:

Looks a tad dubious, but I think it should work.

General instructions:
    Attacking, Passing Short, Tackling Hard, Pressing YES, Offside Trap YES, Counterattack NO, Men behind ball NO.

Specific:
    GK, DCs, ML and MR get passing Mixed, SC gets passing Short, rest on team so they switch along if I switch the team instructions.
    DCs and DMCs get forward runs NO and run with ball NO. ML, MR, AMCs and SC get YES on those two.
    DMCs get Play Through Balls YES. ML, MR get Crossing YES. GK and SC get Tackling Normal.

I'll report on my findings.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Asthereal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    I'll be trying this fat boy for my new Cordoba save:

Looks a tad dubious, but I think it should work.

General instructions:
    Attacking, Passing Short, Tackling Hard, Pressing YES, Offside Trap YES, Counterattack NO, Men behind ball NO.

Specific:
    GK, DCs, ML and MR get passing Mixed, SC gets passing Short, rest on team so they switch along if I switch the team instructions.
    DCs and DMCs get forward runs NO and run with ball NO. ML, MR, AMCs and SC get YES on those two.
    DMCs get Play Through Balls YES. ML, MR get Crossing YES. GK and SC get Tackling Normal.

I'll report on my findings.
    Like the look of that - let us know how you get on...

Quote Originally Posted by Fourfourtwo View Post
    Like the look of that - let us know how you get on...
    More details to follow, but the supporters seem pretty happy with my work.

Well, the tactic worked. As in: REALLY well. Granted, I had a solid team. West, Walker and Sorondo on defence, four heroes for the two DMC positions, two talented AMLs to fight it out for the ML position, and a surprisingly well playing Portugese veteran for MR. Bryan Roy and the brilliant José David Cabello were my AMCs and the SC position got shuffled around quite a bit, but Jonathan and a young Joao Paiva ended up sharing the position for the glory days. Lastly, Hilfiker and Kovacevic fought it out for the GK spot.

We won the Segunda Division undefeated, and went on to win the Spanish Cup in a tense final against Barcelona. Match stats: 51 played, 39 won, 11 draws and just 1 loss.

What a ride. Here's a few pictures:

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Asthereal For This Useful Post:

@Asthereal results impressive. 👍 What about set pieces A - D ?

Quote Originally Posted by scemoka View Post
    @Asthereal results impressive. 👍 What about set pieces A - D ?
    Set pieces A: Middle DC and both DMCs are on BACK, GK, ML and MR are on NORMAL, rest on forward.
    Set pieces D: SC on FORWARD, GK and both AMCs on NORMAL and the rest on BACK.
    This isn't set in stone though. I don't really know how to optimize this, so I just use something that seems solid.

Honestly, I think you can actually just use most players on NORMAL anyway, as they'll just use their position on the WW screens.
    This gets most players into solid positions. Only with Set pieces A you might want to send one or two DCs forward to try and win a header.

Please put this into sendspace Thank you

Well, i tried to make it... sorry I asked you before
    The results are not good (so far). I play with Betis I don't know what could be the problem.

I don't have a Sendspace account, but I made a sharing link in dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eeyfz4jfa7...plane.tct?dl=0

Your sub-par results might be because of differences in individual instructions. (Edit: or you're not playing guys with optimal stats, more about that below.)
    I noticed that individual instructions are more important than the actual shape of your tactic.

The man marking for the DCs is something that needs attention every game though.
    The outer two DCs need to man-mark when playing against a two striker system.
    Against a single striker you need to switch to the middle DC man-marking that lone striker and set the other two to zonal.
    Also, when the opponent has (A)ML and (A)MR players who perform well, you want to man-mark those guys with your wingers.

If you have more questions, perhaps ask in GFRay's tactic thread.
    I borrowed most of the ideas for this tactic from his "Aeroplano" tactic, hence the name.

EDIT:
    I just decided I may need to explain more, so here's an extra pile of text incoming.

For using this tactic well, your players need high marks in certain abilities for each different position.
    So here's an overview for each position, with importance from most important on the left, and lesser important (but still very useful) on the right.
    I won't be listing standard physical and mental stull, as determination, work rate, accelleration, pace and stamina are important for any position on the pitch. More is always better there.

DC: Positioning, Tackling, Jumping, Marking - the also useful are heading, strength, aggression, teamwork, balance, anticipation and maybe decisions.
    DMC: Positioning, Tackling, Passing - beyond these, you may want creativity, teamwork, technique, strength, aggression, anticipation and decisions - so basically a DC who doesn't need to win headers as desperately.
    ML/MR: Crossing, Passing, Technique, Teamwork - beyond these, you may want to look for dribbling, off the ball and creativity.
    AMC: Off the Ball, Passing, Technique, Dribbling, Long Shots, Finishing - this is a tough position, you want AM/FC guys who combine striker and attacking midfielder skills.
    SC: Off the Ball, Finishing, Technique, Jumping - other nice to haves are dribbling, heading, balance and strength.

Examples of players that performed well for me on the tougher to fill spots (.60 ODB):
    - Soto (Cordoba) and Grönlund (Trelleborg) on DMC
    - José David Cabello (Algeciras) and Kiko (free transfer) on AMC. If you have money, consider Giovanni (Olympiakos).

PS. My second season with Cordoba, I went on to immediately win La Liga with the same tactic.
    I'm starting to stumble a bit in my third season, though I'm still just a point behind the leaders, so i might still get there.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 27-06-20 at 11:51 AM.

Heres my current nww tatic that im using.

Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    Non wib wob

Currently trying a freerole tactic with 3 drifters including striker with the rest of the team not doing much so all the creative play and attacking play is heavily reliant on the trio of playmekers

Currently joint top in winter break fist season only half cheat signing is Jamie Victory from Cheltenham as i needed a quick explosive wing back for the tactic to do what i wanted

Usual settings short passing, offside trap but the only players that press are the freerole playmakers and the rw all the other players are set on man marking and no press. Retraining players to play certain set positions so i have cover and can rotate much easier. Have a really young team so hope after a season or so this could really take shape

All free role players on mixed passing with GK with left wb and right winger on direct passing as they both have really high crossing attribute

How did this play out?

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Members who have read this thread: 909