Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: International Football

vCash

USMNT Discussion

I apologize to a few of you here about my recent excitement for watching my home team compete in the World Cup haha
    I figured it would be best for me to keep my thoughts in this thread instead of pissing everyone off in the World Cup thread.

Let me start off by saying that I'm 100% sure my attitude and opinions do not reflect how the majority of Americans feel these days.
    Through social media, that shitty ESPN network, & local tournaments in my area I've discovered that no one is giving this team a chance to play quality football in this tournament. Everyone here is obsessed with hating on Klinsmann and crying about Donovan being left off of the roster.

The only thing that worries me about tomorrow's game is the starting line up. If Beasley is not the starting left back tomorrow I'm predicting a tie. If that happens I'm sure the lineup will be corrected for the Portugal game though.

Figo a big reason that Portugal was amongst the teams in discussion to win the World Cup in 2002...anyone remember what happened?

Ronaldo is one of the most skilled players in the world but that doesn't change the fact that he is EMOTIONALLY FRAGILE....his mind breaks down 10x as easily as his body. There are always ways to take him out of the game without playing dirty football. He isn't playing for Real Madrid in the World Cup...when his mind cracks he doesn't have as much help to rely on when he is playing International football. Sometimes it seems as though he is more interested in impressing everyone with his individual skills than actually doesn't whatever it takes to win. He can't tackle for shit either.

From what I understand the quality of a National Team is judged on what clubs the players play for. Things like chemistry and pure will power are often overlooked when people make predictions about World Cup results.

I don't believe results in European leagues are necessarily an be-all/end-all indicator of a player's quality or potential to be the correct piece of a puzzle that a team needs(don't get me wrong, IT DEFINITELY HELPS!! ) Some of the players on the USMNT haven't had as much success as they should've overseas.

I know you don't agree so let me give you an example....

Jozy Altidore has said that England is the worst place he has ever lived in...living situations are bound to affect your play..

His experience in England must have been pretty terrible considering what happened while in the Netherlands.

Jozy handled himself with pure class before and after his PK:

I think any dummy can agree that timing is everything when it comes to success in the World Cup (YOU HAVE TO PEAK AT THE RIGHT TIME!!!!)..the USMNT has fine tuned their training leading up to this WC and thankfully Altidore finally ended his scoring drought at the PERFECT time (last tune-up game he scored 2 goals)

Confidence is a weird thing...this is why I fully expect Messi to have a great tournament after scoring a goal in Argentina's game today.

The one thing that sets this team apart from U.S. teams in the past is athleticism. More speed than ever (nice to finally have some of that on defense)....and then there is Michael Bradley..fucking beast...his condition will be close to 100% even during the 90th minute of tomorrow's game.

Bradley is a great example of a player peaking at an older age than what is considered the norm. He is the heart and soul of the team.

I don't expect anyone to agree with anything I say but If you're going to take the time to enter this thread do me 1 favor...lets hear your predictions!!!!!
    Last edited by Trust_in_Klopp; 16-06-14 at 02:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust_In_Klinsmann View Post
    Ronaldo is .(..) EMOTIONALLY FRAGILE

are you talking about the dude that left his home and family from a remote island at the age of 13 to dominate the portuguese league by the age of 17, and then jumped to that most horrible place to live that is England and became a CL winner and terrific goalscorer and then jumped again to Spain to repeat those feats, being nominated two times best player of the world in the process, and getting a supermodel girlfriend as a regular date?

it sure looks like the most confident guy in the world to me, but you must know better...

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ClayDatsusara For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This guy is a legend

*tune-up games Brilliant

vCash
    He cries all of the fucking time. I'd be under the impression that it is just that he just cares a lot if he wasn't one of the biggest floppers in the world.
    When you put those too things together you get a little bitch...bitches are usually emotionally fragile.

Yes, I am biased....I just think that despite the fact that he is one of the most talented players in the world, he overlooks too many obvious plays that can help his team win( mostly talking about Portugal here because Real is good even without Ronaldo) because he wants all of the glory
    HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPLAIN THE FACT THAT HE DIDN'T TAKE A PK in the EURO SHOOTOUT????
    HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS?

DIDN'T HE GO APESHIT WHEN HE SCORED A GOAL OF HIS OWN?

I don't expect anyone to agree with anything I say but If you're going to take the time to enter this thread do me 1 favor...lets hear your predictions!!!!!

There was a reason I included this as the last statement in my post...I had a feeling you guys would ignore it. No balls to put your $ where your mouth is? I'm not a betting man, I'd just like to hear what you think about the USA's chances to get out of their group.
    Last edited by Trust_in_Klopp; 16-06-14 at 05:41 AM.

vCash
    There was a reason I included this as the last statement in my post...I had a feeling you guys would ignore it. No balls to put your $ where your mouth is? I'm not a betting man, I'd just like to hear what you think about the USA's chances to get out of their group.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I guarantee Thomas Muller will score.
    I guarantee Altidore gave that excuse about England because he was a failure and wasn't good enough to play in arguably the fastest most intense league in world football.
    Last edited by Bevchenko; 16-06-14 at 11:28 PM.

vCash
    Ok, so with the Ox ready for a return do we bench Wazza for the Uruguay game?

vCash
    Unless Welbeck is at 9 there is no point in playing him so Ox for Welbeck and Rooney back at 10 better move.

If the same 4 start I think you would get more from Sturridge FL, Rooney 10, Sterling FR and Welbeck SC. The set up the other night pushed Rooney and Welbeck to the fringes of the game. If he is going to start them he should have a set up they will get the best from all 4 combined imo.

If anyone watched Argentina last night they will see how ineffective even Messi was out of position (slightly out of position, 6 at the back and no midfield was a bigger issue but still relative), no point in playing Rooney wide left and scapegoating him when he hasn't performed.

Gonna be a big call either way but staying true to form, Hodgson will pick the same XI in the same positions with the logic that they played well against Italy and Italy are a better side than Uruguay. Of course Tabarez should be able to exploit it if he does.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Agree with moving Rooney back to centre forward. So ridiculous how much criticism Rooney is getting when he keeps getting played out of position. If managers play players in their actual positions, you may find that they perform better and have a lot more confidence!

Rooting for Rooney and Sturridge in the middle with Lallana and Sterling on the flanks. More likely to be Welbeck and one of those guys though and I'd keep the Ox on the bench to bring on with Barkley for the last 30.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    This dude didn't watch CR7 in last 3 years I can see. Ronaldo changed so much during this time. No more he is falling because he failed dribbling, he looks like a monster now. This is why he is for me now superior to Messi. Och and you know Ronaldo is a winger and scores most goals from the wing.

Watch his goals for Portugal too. Especially the game vs Sweden .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    All that bullshit about Ronaldo wanting the personal glory and others not... I think I read the other day a quote from Rooney saying that, and it reeked like horseshit from miles away. Just an excuse for not being able to create the difference individually. If Rooney, Messi or any other fantastic player out there didnt want the personal glory implied in being one of the best players of the world, they should wear a mask while playing, reject the individual awards and maybe quit the sports altogether and pursue a career as a fisherman.

As for the american team, I happen to like Bradley and Dempsey very much, and I hope they succeed at all times bar against Portugal of course, but I know that theoretically they are the worse team in the group and it's up to them, against Ghana today, to prove me wrong, because I aint no fool taking an american big mouthed dude's word for it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClayDatsusara For This Useful Post:

vCash
    He is a keen believer that Landon Donovan should have been called up and that Donovan is better player than CR7, Messi and Ibrahimovic...

vCash
    Surely he's not a delusional innocent and he's merely trolling the shit out of us in a desperate call for attention

It was funny. You can stop now. Unless you're a 5th grader and you are really like this.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ClayDatsusara For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    No actually he agrees that Donovan shouldn't have made the team, unlike the majority of American fans... so he's not all dumb....

but I believe that his lack of watching RM games and not having seen too much of CR since he left United has clouded his mind.... CR has improved so much in the last few years that he is totally superior to Messi.... and now is his chance to shine..... it's been 4 years since he was last on the World Stage with Portugal and in those 4 years he has become a totally different player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    but I believe that his lack of watching RM games and not having seen too much of CR since he left United has clouded his mind.... CR has improved so much in the last few years that he is totally superior to Messi.... and now is his chance to shine..... it's been 4 years since he was last on the World Stage with Portugal and in those 4 years he has become a totally different player
    I'll admit you're right about me watching more of Ronaldo while he was with United...I did watch all of his Euro games though

I know enough to know that there is no way in hell he is a good as Messi.

sure I'm biased becuase Ronaldo is just hard to like...Messi is a likable guy...LETS AGREE TO DISAGREE

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    he agrees that Donovan shouldn't have made the team, unlike the majority of American fans... so he's not all dumb....
    because of my opinion on Donovon I'm not sure why everyone here pretends like I have the same opinion as the rest of America

If most people in this forum agree with 99% of Americans about the USMNT roster decisions that would make me the dumbest of all Americans lol (sort of crazy to think most of you would have take the ARMCHAIR AMERICAN STANCE ON THIS SUBJECT)

NONE of the EXPERTS here have made a group prediction? what about now that Portugal is losing 3-0 at halftime?
    Last edited by Trust_in_Klopp; 16-06-14 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    Most people on this forum don't give two shits about "USMNT roster" so ease off.

You got me much more interested in USA-Ghana this night, though. Although I have to be up early in the morning, I'm watching it just to be able to point out everything bad in USA team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    Most people on this forum don't give two shits about "USMNT roster" so ease off.

You got me much more interested in USA-Ghana this night, though. Although I have to be up early in the morning, I'm watching it just to be able to point out everything bad in USA team.
    haha No one is forcing you guys to read and respond...you guys must care at least a bit...I KNOW FOR A FACT most of you want to see them fail (THAT IS CARING)

hopefully if there are some bad plays they're able to make up for them somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Bevchenko View Post
    I guarantee Ronaldo will score.
    I guarantee Altidore gave that excuse about England because he was a failure and wasn't good enough to play in arguably the fastest most intense league in world football.
    Ghana is taking over the European leagues so based on the mentality here they should have no problem destroying the U.S. today

vCash
    I KNOW FOR A FACT most of you want to see them fail (THAT IS CARING)
    I couldn't care less until you started going on about it. Now I do want them to fail.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It looks as though this Ghana game is going to be a lot more difficult than the one against Portugal LOL

I don't think the U.S. can beat Germany though

vCash
    play Rooney as a 9 or 10 or don't play him at all

Sterling/Ox/Barkley could fucking terrorise Lugano (especially late on in game)

slightly massive game for both teams but I expect England to win

hope suarez has a great game as well though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post

hope suarez has a great game as well though
    he definitely will if England's defense looks like it did against Italy

Uruguay looked horrible in their 1st game though so it may not even matter if Suarez scores a goal or two...I find it hard to imagine Uruguay will be as terrible in the back during their next two games though.

I think this will be a great game!

I'd love to see Rooney put a few in the back of the net.

vCash

vCash
    What is USMNT

vCash
    United States Men National Soccer Team

vCash
    Universal SuperMan Nato Treaty.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast