Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: The "I Play/Manage Football For A Team" Thread

vCash
    I watched you guys play against Eaton Park a few weeks back.. I'm with you on a ankle injury !

Whats your LB like ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ashton430 View Post
    Hahahaha no not Dean Ashton.

I am a coach and scout with the teams
    Hi Ashton430 , what age groups do you coach at ?

Also what age groups do you scout as well ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wayupna View Post
    I watched you guys play against Eaton Park a few weeks back.. I'm with you on a ankle injury !

Whats your LB like ?
    I'm the left back Our left winger has had to drop back to play there in the last few games while I'm out.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Crewe Regional Division 1 Mark!

vCash
    Nice! No chance of coming across you guys then
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Finally bit the bullet and signed up for an over 35 men's league for the spring/summer..... haven't played regular, organized, semi-competitive footy in years and years.... the team is in division 4 (of 7) and they desperately need a keeper so wish me luck

vCash
    He's back!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    The club assured me that picture was solely for my ID card and would never be released to the public.....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash

So after last years fallout with the club for not helping us get the postponed game rearranged which would have sent us to the playoffs we kicked off and left for Epping FC, mainly because they've just spent $10m on facilities.

This year I've been given the captains armband

Whilst we lost some very good players due to relocating we kept around 11 or the 17 and now have a squad of 17 players. I personally think the squad is better but we are so short in defense its unbelievable!

Game 1 v Putney Rangers (H) - Postponed due to adverse weather conditions

Game 2 v Cherrybrook (A) - 2-2
    Short of players (1 sub!) and 2-0 down at halftime and a centre back on his way to hospital with a broken ankle didn't help. I'd like to say my Al Pacino-esque team talk rallied the troops to a 2-2 draw. I scored a volley from about 10 yards to pull one back then won us a freekick on the edge of the box with 5 to go. For some reason their defenders let me and our 17 yr old signing stand in the wall with them so on the run-up (after me giving the wink of smack the bastard) our Ukrainian midfield enforcer had a nice open shot as i push myself and our young winger out of the way splitting the wall. They were on the ropes at this point an extra 5mins we would have won.

Game 3 v Macquarie (H) - 6-2
    I had to leave at halftime due to work!! We raced into a 2-0 lead at halftime. The first came within 5 mins with my first effort heading in from close range unmarked, then a 1 on 1 where the keeper got his finger tips to it I was already off celebrating. Being pissed off I missed, I smashed in a half volley into the bottom corner from the edge of the 18. No idea what went on in the second half, but our keeper saved a penalty which would have made it 2-1 which I saw when i got in my car.

Good start. Playing top of the league this weekend!!

Bevchenko 2013/14: Played 14, 4 goals, 18 assists.
    Bevchenko 2014/15: Played 16, 10 goals, 8 assists.
    Bevchenko 2015/16: Played 14, 13 goals, 10 assists.
    Bevchenko 2016/17: Played 2, 3 goals, 1 assist.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    First friendly game last night. My over-35 team was against a team in the men's Division 2 (all mid-20 year olds)..... it was raining, the game was from 9pm to 11pm, and it was on a turf field

We managed to hang with them with the first half ending 2-1 for them. I was beaten off a free header from a corner (don't know who should have been marking that guy) and a beautiful curled shot from just outside the box that I don't think anyone could have saved.

Second half, our age and lack of conditioning showed.... they just came at us in waves and skipped past our defenders like we weren't even there..... I probably made about 8 or 9 good saves, but they scored 4 more and we only managed to pull one back. Final score 6-2

All in all, not bad. We were missing a few players and I think that when we play teams in our division and age group, we'll do fine.

FYI, turf sucks when you're a goalie and have to dive and slide. Also, it's fucking hard.... my knees are killing me.

Also, I'm old and out of shape

vCash
    Over 35s play for 2 hours in Canada

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

AJ

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Well two 45 minutes halves with a 15 minute break.... so 1 hour and 45 minutes total I guess

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Is that not normal? I'm so confused....

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Canadian anything is weird.

vCash
    Sounds normal to me.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Canadian anything is weird.
    Your people love us. Quit pretending or I'll have to send a moose to your door

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Is that not normal? I'm so confused....
    That's normal, just not what you said in your original post, didn't know if you had different rules over there.

Sometimes over here we play quarters with five/ten min breaks in between (due to extreme heat) thought that might be the case there due to extreme coldness!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    First league game last night. 2-1 loss away. We were right in it until the last few minutes when their striker dove in the box to win a penalty.... he even admitted after the game that the second he felt contact he fell.... the "AHHHH!" he let out as he went down was a nice touch.

Anyway, I dove right, he shot the other way. 2-1 for them

They finished near the top of the division last year though so the fact that we were essentially equal to them gives me hope.

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    3 more games since then....

6-4 home loss
    5-3 away win
    3-1 home win last night

so we're 2-0-2 so far.... but that puts us middle of the table.... and we're playing better as a team now, which is good

vCash
    Sure you'll continue improving then, CF!

After staying away from football whilst training for the half-marathon, I'm back at Loggerheads now where they've already had a couple of pre-season games. Started at left-back yesterday and was happy with my own performance in a 1:1 draw, a game in which we had plenty of chances to score. Fitness wise, I'm feeling it today but felt OK during the game, missing only 10-15 mins midway through the 2nd half as we used rolling subs. I will point out that they scored while I was off the pitch
    The Alphabet Game #3

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Well last Friday we had to travel to the complete other side of town to play the top team in the league.... they were relegated to our division last season but look to be going straight back up.

To make matters worse, due to injuries and prior commitments, we only had 9 players..... me and 8 outfield guys. They had a full squad (which meant all 11 plus 5 subs)

They were fresh and ran us in to the ground.... the final score was 6-0 although one goal was a penalty and one was a terrible deflection that caught me wrong-footed and all I could do was deflect in into my own net.... so I consider that only a 4-0 loss

We would have played them much closer if we'd had a full team....

vCash
    They should have lent you a team

We have a friendly tonight but no GK.... You should come and play for us
    The Alphabet Game #3

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I think they are just trying to keep their GD up.... there's another team pushing them for top spot

Fly me out, I'll play

vCash

Played a friendly last night, played at left-back but it was abandoned at 1:2 down with about 10 mins to go when one of their players caught our CB, one of my best mates, on the ankle when both went for the ball. Nothing malicious about it (I think) but he was left worse off after hearing his ankle snap! Took him straight to A&E and first impressions were very similar to my ligament injury last year where it had swelled into a ball. Unfortunately, it was much more serious as x-rays revealed that he's broken his ankle Gutted for him and for the team too as we have always looked solid with him at the back as he's one of those vocal and organised types.

I doubt he'll be coming back to play football now, 31 this year and has a 9 month baby too so it'll be the golf game for him when his ankle does heal.
    The Alphabet Game #3

Official Challenges Mod
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Well we finished our outdoor season one spot above the relegation zone (thanks to being short players almost every game).... but then we had a full squad for the end of year tournament and just missed out on a spot in the final on goal difference.

Indoor season has now started.... 7 a side in a dome on turf..... first game was a 3-0 victory. I'll take that clean sheet thank you very much

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213