Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: CM01/02 Updater (a DB/Pre-Game Editor) latest version post #239

vCash
    I am 90% sure (I am at work) that it works with the .68 update - but I might be wrong. You recon this is why the editor won’t load my changes into the data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash
    Could be.

What format did you use when exporting the existing data?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Could be.

What format did you use when exporting the existing data?
    I used the XML so I could open with Word (and only exported the updater sheet to update).

vCash
    The Updater is only compatible with the final database structure (whichever version that was introduced by).

If it's crashing when importing the spreadsheet then try saving the spreadsheet as CSV and then importing. XML results in larger file sizes which might result in making the Updater unstable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
    The Updater is only compatible with the final database structure (whichever version that was introduced by).

If it's crashing when importing the spreadsheet then try saving the spreadsheet as CSV and then importing. XML results in larger file sizes which might result in making the Updater unstable.
    Thank you. First part - could you kindly elaborate further?

Second part: roger, checking if this work and coming back.

vCash
    I tried changing in the database using the CSV file, but unfortunately the software report "is not compatiable with database editing" which I fail to fully grasp why. Any thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madsfrankmarkussen View Post
    Thank you. First part - could you kindly elaborate further?

Second part: roger, checking if this work and coming back.

In one of the game patches, SI made some minor changes to the structure/format of the database. The Updater is designed to work with the final structure only and will crash if you try to load a database with the older structure. I cannot remember which patch version introduced the final structure but this is why the older version databases are incompatible with the Updater.

Edit: It's 3.6.98 and higher. It says it on the opening screen of the Updater.

I tried changing in the database using the CSV file, but unfortunately the software report "is not compatiable with database editing" which I fail to fully grasp why. Any thoughts?
    I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. If you can post a screenshot of the error then that would help.
    Last edited by archibalduk; 12-01-19 at 10:53 AM.

vCash
    Ok so I know where you're getting this error now. Dermotron coincidentally came across the same issue. It's because the csv filenames must use the original names e.g. player_update.csv, staff_update.csv, etc.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archibalduk For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112