Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Job Issues

New Job Issues

I just wish the game could be fixed to sort out getting jobs elsewhere or even abroad. I have become very successful with small Spanish club Ponferradina, second on manager reputation & points but can't get a job in the English lower divisions or Spanish 2nd.

Always been an issue but this club's local council won't increase the stadium from 8000, and I'm 8 seasons in! Looking for a job someplace with a bigger stadium.

:mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new:

I'm aware of that link I read it last week, doesn't provide the answer though does it?! So frustrating, a flawless game until you fancy a change of scenery!

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    I'm aware of that link I read it last week, doesn't provide the answer though does it?! So frustrating, a flawless game until you fancy a change of scenery!
    I think that issue only occurs with 3.68 patch, defo doesn't happen with 3.60 (original game) & maybe still ok with 3.65 but if you want to play with up to date data then a bit of a bummer.

U can just download Greame Kellys editor and give yourself a reasonable amount of CA/PA....

And you shud be able to get jobs elsewhere in the lower regions..

If not, set yourself a 2nd nationality to help you move on...

I find you're more likely to get a job if you're unemployed as well

maybe something to do with you not being based in that country. once you're unemployed, (not only you're available) you should be based in all selected leagues.

This is my favourite way to play the game now: manage a team for one full season, and after the last match apply for ALL available jobs. While my goal is to eventually manage a great club, I'm not picky, I will take ANY job.

I tried this first with only England in the foreground and Canadian as my nationality. It was often difficult to find a new job.

My second attempt was to load all UK + Irish leagues. I changed my nationality to Italian though. I managed the following clubs:

Peterhead - Scotland - 3rd Division
    H+W Welders - N.Ireland - 1st Division (2nd tier)
    Brechin - Scotland - 3rd Division
    Celtic - Scotland - SPL

In my latest save, I've loaded England, Italy, Spain, France and Germany in the foreground. Again I made Italian my nationality. It has gone like this:

Stalybridge - Conference North
    Savona - Italy - Serie C1B
    Frosinone - Italy - Serie C1B
    Cerro Reyes - Spain - D2B
    San Marino - Italy C2B
    Rotherham - England - Div. 2

The team from Spain was quite the challenge, starting with zero players.

Problem: Can't move to another club

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I post a message, hopely you want to help me.

I installed CM 01/02 in combination with an update to season 12/13. It's a great game, but my problem is that I can't move to another club however I'm succesfull at another club. For example: For 3 years in a row I won the French leauge with PSG. My manager status was very good, my nationality English, but there was no English team that want to hire me if I applied to the position of their new manager. Even Doncaster Rovers, 2nd division, hired another manager instead of me, while I was applying for that job.

My question: Is it possible in the updated game to move to anothger club, or not? Is anyone else facing this problem.

Thanks for your help!

Check out this thread: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...abroad-by-Red9

Having a bit of experience in trying to get other jobs, I find its a total crap shoot.

It does help to have a nationality from a strong nation (as you do). I think your World Reputation is also important.

In my current save I've managed to get jobs in the following leagues:

England Conference North > Italy Serie C1 > Italy Serie C1 > Spain D2B > Italy Serie C2 > England Div. 2.

I have yet to land a big job yet, but I'm currently ranked 26th in England. I will let you know which job I manage to land next once I finish this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Check out this thread: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...abroad-by-Red9

Having a bit of experience in trying to get other jobs, I find its a total crap shoot.

It does help to have a nationality from a strong nation (as you do). I think your World Reputation is also important.

In my current save I've managed to get jobs in the following leagues:

England Conference North > Italy Serie C1 > Italy Serie C1 > Spain D2B > Italy Serie C2 > England Div. 2.

I have yet to land a big job yet, but I'm currently ranked 26th in England. I will let you know which job I manage to land next once I finish this season.

What does 'a crap shoot' mean? Does it mean that this problem ruins the game for you? For me, it does, because I think it is very boring if you can't move to another club.

Thank you for sharing the link. However, for me it has a very high and complex level. Do I understand it on a right way, that I have to install a 'Save Game Editor'?
    Thans again for your link, but it seems very complicated to me.

Quote Originally Posted by joelboertjens View Post
    What does 'a crap shoot' mean? Does it mean that this problem ruins the game for you? For me, it does, because I think it is very boring if you can't move to another club.

Thank you for sharing the link. However, for me it has a very high and complex level. Do I understand it on a right way, that I have to install a 'Save Game Editor'?
    Thans again for your link, but it seems very complicated to me.
    Crap shoot means its all luck.

Firstly, Are you applying for jobs? Or being offered jobs? What is your goal?

I find that when you are applying for jobs, you need to have lots of good experience to get the good ones.

But if you are waiting for job offers, they won't come until quite a few seasons. For example, when I start with a club in the English Conference North, Its not until I promote the team to The Champinship that I get job offers from EPL teams. In my last attempt, Arsenal offered me the job in the middle of the season while I was managing Vauxhall Motors in the Championship.

As for the Save Game Editor, I've never used it. But I assume you could put yourself in as the manager of any club?

Crap shoot means its all luck.

Firstly, Are you applying for jobs? Or being offered jobs? What is your goal?

I find that when you are applying for jobs, you need to have lots of good experience to get the good ones.

But if you are waiting for job offers, they won't come until quite a few seasons. For example, when I start with a club in the English Conference North, Its not until I promote the team to The Champinship that I get job offers from EPL teams. In my last attempt, Arsenal offered me the job in the middle of the season while I was managing Vauxhall Motors in the Championship.

As for the Save Game Editor, I've never used it. But I assume you could put yourself in as the manager of any club?
    I apply to other clubs by myself. My ranking is very high. I won a lot of prices at PSG and even English clubs in the 2nd Division (while I have an English nationality) are hiring other managers, while I have a much greater track record. I can't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by joelboertjens View Post
    I apply to other clubs by myself. My ranking is very high. I won a lot of prices at PSG and even English clubs in the 2nd Division (while I have an English nationality) are hiring other managers, while I have a much greater track record. I can't understand that.
    That sucks. Seems to be a flaw in the game.

From the sounds of it, you need to download the Save Game Explore, and change your CA/PA stats. I've never done it myself though.

Okay, I will investigate the options. Thank you very much for your quick and helping answers!

316'sRegen Unattached
    It's a known flaw in the game

The save game editor would be used to change to Current Ability/reputation or adding a second nationality to your manager of the country you want to switch to.

The thread Bern posted in post #2 has all this explored in detail and tested several parameters to see their effect, so have a read at that.

Although this flaw remains today, Ienjoy starting at the bottom of each country and pillaging throughout their divisions
    Well that and I don't agree with editor tools

In my latest save, I've loaded England, Italy, Spain, France and Germany in the foreground. Again I made Italian my nationality. It has gone like this:

Stalybridge - Conference North
    Savona - Italy - Serie C1B
    Frosinone - Italy - Serie C1B
    Cerro Reyes - Spain - D2B
    San Marino - Italy C2B
    Rotherham - England - Div. 2

The team from Spain was quite the challenge, starting with zero players.
    So after I finished a full season with Rotherham and got them promoted to Division 1, my manager rank was 10th in England and 116th in the world. I started to apply for all jobs. After about 2 weeks I managed to get the Blackburn job. They had just finished 17th in the EPL. I applied to jobs at Sunderland (who just fired Guardiola, lol), Wolfsburgh, Catania, Levante and a bunch of lower division clubs as well, but only had an offer from Blackburn.

Overseas manager issue

Hey guys, apologies if this is highlighted elsewhere but I've not found it anywhere.

The problem is with managers of overseas teams never leaving their jobs. I'm at the end of my fourth season (one in Scotland, three in England) and it is only teams in England, Scotland, Argentina and Brazil who have jobs going. The other leagues I have running are Spain, Italy, France, and Germany and they have had no jobs available for four years. What gives? Nobody has been sacked or retired. These leagues are run in the background and I guess everyone has experience of background leagues having managers leave but not replaced until it becomes a foreground league. But even that isn't happening.

I'm running the March 2013 update too. Has that changed something? Anyone else noticed this?

I believe this is a problem with background leagues. Go to "Game Options ---> Selected Leagues" and make sure that those nations are selected as "Selected" and not "Background".

Cheers. This would make sense but I have other leagues in the background (Argentina, Brazil and Scotland) that have managers leave and whatnot.

I think what may be the issue is that the latest update (March 2013) has considerably better stats for managers than previous games I've played (I never played with other updates), this would mean clubs are reluctant to sack managers regardless of how bad their team does.

One of my biggest hates of 0102. if you turn the background league to selected there will probably be about 30 jobs available, including the big ones, so you have to ask who is signing the players picking the teams if they don't have a manager a nation of assmen

it's the background problem imo. I say this because I had the same problem when I was playing with Argentinian and English leagues selected.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Giving it's a combo of patience and ambition in Chairman that determine managers being sacked or not in general, it could be a freak occurrence where there are high chairman attributes for Patience - that and the majority of chairmen will have blank attributes outside of the more well known clubs in the database and any 0 in the database will load as anything between 1-20. 1 being the most impatient (Maurizio Zamparini - Palermo) and 20 being the most patient (Peter Hill-Wood - Arsenal)

So.. The only way to get another job is aplying for a job? Doesn't exist the possibility of other teams just invites us to manage them? Thanks

I can't remember ever being offered a job abroad or a job at another club in "my" country while still managing the club I started the game at. But once you've switched club once I've found that job offers would come in from other clubs in that same country. I don't know if it has to do with loyalty.

Getting a job abroad is not easy, but I have gone from different countries, but only been offered jobs in clubs in lower leagues like Cottbus, Salernitana etc. Switching from country to country is fun, damn I have to start a new game soon...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast