Page 217 of 217 FirstFirst ... 207213214215216217
Results 5,401 to 5,422 of 5422

Thread: English Premiership

vCash
    He really thinks he's still the right man for the job as well!

I don't think he net spent much this year but has over last few years and really no better for it

Who would you want in?

Sounded like Newcastle could have won by more as well which is worrying

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Rotates the squad to get heavily beaten by Chelsea and we can't even beat Newcastle
    Harsh!

But fair! We can't beat anyone at the minute so it was good that we came up against your rabble!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    He really thinks he's still the right man for the job as well!

I don't think he net spent much this year but has over last few years and really no better for it

Who would you want in?

Sounded like Newcastle could have won by more as well which is worrying
    That's the problem. Coates bottled it earlier this season/end of last season to replace him when there were options out there and now, there's nobody to bring in.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Martin O'Neill meant to be a front runner for the Stoke job

vCash
    Yeah, not too sure what to make of that to be honest.

Although not managed at the top flight before, Gary Rowett would have been my preferred choice to stick with a British manager and someone who has built up a good reputation in the last few years. Seemed the Stoke board may have been thinking that way too before he signed that new deal at Derby

My second choice would perhaps have been Lee Johnson, he's had a couple of good years and has done incredibly well this season.

But perhaps for the short term, we should be thinking about getting someone in with some experience just to steady the ship and ensure that we stay up. Not that we're languishing at the bottom or anything but we could do with a steady hand and someone to drill the players properly for the remainder of the season. Maybe O'Neill fits the bill for 6 months if he doesn't want to give up the Irish job just yet.

I'm glad Slaven Bilic has ruled himself out of the job at any rate! Koeman too, though he did do a good job at Southampton but I do feel Pochettino laid the foundations there for him to build on.

The Stoke fanzine seem to be favouring Quique Sanchez Flores as well, the ex-Watford manager but the Stoke board supposedly want to stay British.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Thoughts Mark?

He'd prob bring Keane?

Good short term appointment but been out of club management for a while now - has he got the appetite?

vCash
    I've given my thoughts mate, look above your post

Re: Keane. I think that may be just what these group of fannies need if we went with O'Neill, a massive rocket up the arse! But as I say, I think I'd only want them until the end of the season and then try to get someone in for the long term.
    The Alphabet Game #3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The apparent 'deal' is for O'Neill and his backroom team. Our FA haven't signed him to a new contract so he's essentially a free agent

vCash
    Ireland haven't any games for the remainder of this season either, right? So he could be appointed for 6 months, keep us up then go back to his duties?
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    That's one of the roles being mooted. I think he is what Stoke need. He's an incredible motivator but motivation has a limited shelf life. Seeing the way some guys as Stoke are playing like Shaqiri, it's really needed at this point

vCash
    I wouldn't be averse to him being appointed if I'm honest. There aren't a lot of options out there in terms of proven top flight managers that will just give us a bit of order again after the chaos of the last 2 years on the pitch. We are still only 3 points from 12th place so it's hardly a relegation battle. It's just getting out of the current mindset where we are conceding far too many goals and have no settled team or tactic.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    One of the best options out there, employed or not, at the moment in the situation Stoke are in.

vCash
    Seems we are waiting on Quique Sanchez Flores to accept an offer to become our manager?!

Could be good news for the likes of Bojan, Muniesa and Imbula to rebuild their reps at the club if so.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    What's happening with Bojan and Imbula? Injured? Not being picked?

Bojan out on loan isn't he?

What about Imbula? Looked half decent when he arrived

vCash
    All three are out on loan.

Bojan at Alaves but not doing very well by all accounts. Didn't pull up any trees during his spell at Mainz last season either. Think Hughes gave up on him after his bad injury tbh.

Imbula has the talent but is incredibly lazy. Simply won't work hard enough or even put in a tackle. He's on loan at Toulouse at the moment and they're having the same issue with him too by all accounts.
    The Alphabet Game #3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good results this weekend for Pool!

Shame Swans couldn't hold on for the win v Newcastle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Good results this weekend for Pool!

Shame Swans couldn't hold on for the win v Newcastle
    Good result? Are you that hard to satisfy? That was a fantaaastic result!

vCash
    I caught the second half, great game to watch

Meanwhile, the circus continues at Stoke as we have now missed out on three targets...! Rowett signed a new deal at Derby, Sanchez Flores opted to stay at Espanyol and now O'Neill has turned us down!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    It's Paul Lambert on a 2 and a half year deal.
    Honestly any better than what you had already?
    Not sure he is to be fair.

vCash
    A bad year for Stoke what with this signing, the players performances, Phil Taylor retiring and Adrian Lewis throwing worse than a pub player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    It's Paul Lambert on a 2 and a half year deal.
    Honestly any better than what you had already?
    Not sure he is to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    A bad year for Stoke what with this signing, the players performances, Phil Taylor retiring and Adrian Lewis throwing worse than a pub player.
    And losing the City of Culture bid!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cerealkiller View Post
    Good result? Are you that hard to satisfy? That was a fantaaastic result!
    Decent enough - we could have stuck 10 past 'em though

But very good Arsenal lost and Chelsea dropped points

Not a chance of Utd doing so tonight I would have thought (Utd get an early goal and Stoke could get battered!)