Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 208214215216217218
Results 5,426 to 5,444 of 5444

Thread: English Premiership

vCash
    I had Firmino in my FFL team too, gutted.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Charity Shield/Cup Title
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Some pics from Mondays game v Swansea

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    An interesting read for Stoke: http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ture-is-bright

I did wonder how much we paid Sky for the publicity
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    May as well play a few more of them who may do better than current XI players

vCash
    Hopefully see Tyrese Campbell involved tomorrow, banging them in for fun at U23 level but different kettle of fish in the EPL. Can't do any worse than Berahino
    The Alphabet Game #3

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    We battered your boys in the U23 cup recently Mark

4-0 with Solanke hat trick

vCash
    Yeah, you had 3 internationals in the team We did beat you 4:3 in the meeting before that.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Mark Hughes appointed manager at Southampton?
    The Alphabet Game #3

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    No exactly inspiring but I suppose ANY new manager there should give them some sort of bounce

Some quality in squad but no fit goalscorer

vCash
    Well, I'm resigned to the worst now after we lost to Everton on Saturday.

I labelled it as a must-win for us to have any hopes of staying up. Three points would have seen us out of the bottom three though others would have had a game in hand. Some results went our way but on the day, we lost to a very average Everton team. I have no doubt that we would have won if it were not for Charlie Adam's stupidity in losing possession and then going in late on Rooney. Some say it's not a red but I say Adam should know better.

In fact, Lambert should know better. Geoff Cameron was injured so he had to call up either Adam or Darren Fletcher but neither will change a game for us. For a must-win game, Lambert should have brought in an extra striker and go for it. But he kept it 4-5-1 with three in the middle. Other odd selections included dropping Moritz Bauer for Glen Johnson and Bruno Martins Indi for Ryan Shawcross. I like Shawcross and he is our captain but our defence have played very well recently so it should have been Martins Indi's place to lose.

We now have Arsenal and Spurs for our next two games and I'll be surprised if we pick up a point. I fear we'll lose the other teams before we then face West Ham and Burnley in games that we can win, but will it be too late?
    The Alphabet Game #3

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Well, I'm resigned to the worst now after we lost to Everton on Saturday.

I labelled it as a must-win for us to have any hopes of staying up. Three points would have seen us out of the bottom three though others would have had a game in hand. Some results went our way but on the day, we lost to a very average Everton team. I have no doubt that we would have won if it were not for Charlie Adam's stupidity in losing possession and then going in late on Rooney. Some say it's not a red but I say Adam should know better.

In fact, Lambert should know better. Geoff Cameron was injured so he had to call up either Adam or Darren Fletcher but neither will change a game for us. For a must-win game, Lambert should have brought in an extra striker and go for it. But he kept it 4-5-1 with three in the middle. Other odd selections included dropping Moritz Bauer for Glen Johnson and Bruno Martins Indi for Ryan Shawcross. I like Shawcross and he is our captain but our defence have played very well recently so it should have been Martins Indi's place to lose.

We now have Arsenal and Spurs for our next two games and I'll be surprised if we pick up a point. I fear we'll lose the other teams before we then face West Ham and Burnley in games that we can win, but will it be too late?

You stlll have hope but like most you don't have many goalscorers outside of Shaquiri

Everton are average at best and horrific away so you should have got at least a draw

Adam was an unfortunate red - not intentional and given conditions could have been a yellow but you won't get much luck when you are down there - 3 game ban?

Wan't that like Glen's first game for ages - odd call!

Hopefully you can take something from Arsenal/Spurs (Arsenal more likely) but nowhere near ideal!

Results went well for Swansea except for Palace winning but now Zaha back I think they'll stay up anyway

It's so tight down there it's as much how many team are behind you who all have to do better than you which is good for Swans and arguably they have found some form

Goal differnce is huge now as well - an extra point

Was surprised to see Berahino on and Crouchie thrown in as well - could do with any of them to get a few goals

I'm going to WBA v Swans on 8th as not been to WBA - they may be relegated by then the way its going!

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Mark - whats happening with Affellay then?

Lambert banned him from training ground for being bad influence?!

vCash
    Yeah sounds like he was openly criticising the manager in training and that'll never go well!

Just another episode in the Stoke City opera this season
    The Alphabet Game #3

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Bit unlucky v Arsenal - hope you can sneak something v Spurs

vCash
    You never know, we do look more solid but once the goal goes in, heads drop. It's just goals that is the problem
    The Alphabet Game #3

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    I'm going to WBA on Saturday with my Swansea mates - never been to that ground before

They are surely down now but I still don't think they've been playing that bad

Swans MUST change mentality away from home as they tried to contain teams but they've been fecking awful away

If they can win though 1 more win should see them good

Gonna be a random Merseyside derby - Everton will be pumped and I think we may rotate a little (but not too much as Klopp got a load of stick last time). Don't see Salah playing but Hendo will as he's banned for next week. Hope we stuff the bluenoses - think Ings may get a run out at some point

vCash
    Harry Kane is such an arrogant self centred tit. What must Erikson and the rest of his team mates think? I wasn't arsed in the slightest about top scorer but now I hope Salah takes pens for the rest of the season and anytime we go three goals up the whole team starts laying them on a plate for him. Throw in a few claims that he touched goals he was nowhere near too, although I doubt they'd be very successful when it's not one of England's darlings.

Fantastic finisher, absolute pillock. I seem to recall his wife having a go at him on twitter because of him mentioning how great the year was for him and al bout his goals, a year his missus gave birth

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Mark - IF you do face the drop, how do you see the strategy of the club going? Do you see Coates's staying and passing it down to other family members or after Peter Coates has had enough they'll look to sell elsewhere?

If Swans get relegated, they won't be back for a LONG time. Have an average quality squad and owners that don't want to pump any funds in. They could easily do a double drop

Literally a "hammer" blow conceeding that late goal

I think it's a fine result for Swansea as West Ham have a tough run in and keeps them there

You and Saints have to probably win at least 2 now from 4 renaming - a big call

Goal difference could be key as well

vCash
    I think part of the problem is that Coates went a bit more hands off in the last few years due to his age and let his son do the business side of things and allowed Mark Cartwright and Tony Scholes more say on deals. Not 100% sure but Cartwright seems to be in charge of recruitment and managers give it the approval afterwards. If true - Joke of a system after the signings of Jese, Berahino, Wimmer, Imbula, etc.

Financially, the club should be set for a long time. Can't see the Coates family passing it on and whilst Peter is alive, he'll certainly want to remain in charge.
    The Alphabet Game #3

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post: