Page 220 of 224 FirstFirst ... 210216217218219220221222223224 LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 5577

Thread: English Premiership

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Ed Woodward to be sacked too if he can't manage to sign any of the targets identified by the manager. If I was Jose and didn't get anyone I wanted, I'd be fuming as well. We could be missing 11 senior players for the first game through injury and World Cup exhaustion.... not the way we need to start a crucial season
    Dont like the WC Excuse. It is 3-7 games and it ended almost a month ago. Could not be exhausted from that.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I agree 100%

I think the issue is that none of the World Cup players had a pre-season as they were all on vacation.... so the first couple of league games is going to be their "get back into it" time, where as the players who didn't go have been training for weeks now and playing friendly games to get some sharpness back
    That impacts every team that had players in the later rounds though, not just United

vCash
    Redders - What say you about Fernandez. Decent player?

I would say you can't be that bad to play for Argentina but they are not that big on defenders really are they!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Redders - What say you about Fernandez. Decent player?

I would say you can't be that bad to play for Argentina but they are not that big on defenders really are they!
    Little bit inconsistant (has runs of good games then drops off) but generally a solid defender (I know I've contradicted myself there!)

A decent size and good in the air, not the most mobile/slow on the turn

Good leader

Not played for Argie for a while though I don't think

Rafa had him at Napoli as well

vCash
    You lot should try supporting Spurs. Only signing we made was a cheese room for our new stadium.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wahahahahahaha

You don't ned anything for first XI though - just some squad beef - but you'll probably promote kids which has been doing well

What's happeneing with Alderweireld then? Sell to Europe?

If he stays and leaves on a Bosman will be first choice or bench behind Sanchez?

vCash
    I like this

You’re either on the bus or off the bus.

Driving the bus. Vacancy.
    Parking the bus. Jose Mourinho
    Thrown under the bus. Anthony Martial
    Got off the bus. Michael Carrick
    Left at the bus stop. Luke Shaw
    Got the wrong bus. Alexis Sanchez
    Substitute bus service. Marouane Fellaini
    Wouldn’t get on the bus. Jerome Boateng.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Top of the league! Hows things down there?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    Nope

Didn’t really see games in full glory but sounds like City we’re comfortable and we battered Hammers while Chelsea put Hudders to sword

Spurs and Utd could have drawn by sounds of it.

vCash
    Spurs could have lost!
    We hit the woodwork twice.

They probably would have stepped up if we had gone ahead but Newcastle played well. Hope they have as much passion and commitment as the season goes on.

vCash
    Love this comment on BBC (a rarity)

"Having spent the thick end of £400 m you shouldn't end up with no discernible pattern of play & a plan B of bringing the big lad on & getting it in the mixer."

Mourinho's time in a nutshell from a footballing aspect.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    United are going to be some shit show for a few months

vCash
    Great game last night and Utd could have been a couple up at HT

Fine margins but yeah - CB not looking good for you

Fair question on MNF footie though - who has Mourinho actually improved in the squad - he is supposed to be a coach after all? Poch/Klopp/Guard have all improved players they have

vCash
    Valencia is about the limit of it. And that could be just natural since he'd have been getting more experience at DR rather than MR

vCash
    Think he's just matured as a player - was pretty erratic as a young winger but seems a dedicated professional now on and off the pitch and unbelievable how well it's done at RB

vCash
    People I want out of the club ASAP: Mourinho, Lukaku, Lindelöf, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Herrera.

Lukaku is the ultimate flat track bully, can score against lesser sides like Stoke and West Brom but misses sitter after sitter on the big ocations. No way Rashford would of missed that open goal in the first half. And Mourinho subbing on Fellaini instead of Rashford (Martial not even on the bench) sums up what a disgrace that is going on at the club right now. Will have to aim for 6th and compete with West ham and Everton as there is literally no chance of beating any of the other top 6 teams, except maybe maybe Arsenal.

vCash
    Don't think you need to get rid of Lukaku but play others in the "big" games if required - Sanchez has been bloody awful since joining - I'd play him jut off Lukaku or even maybe up top on his own where he's the main man

Rashford not exactly been tearing it up for ages - would still like to see him being given 10+ games in a row so he can show what he's really made of

Fellani has a pretty decent track record of changing a game - does Rashford? I was laughing when he did it though - not exactly what majority of Utd fans would like to see

Compete with West Ham - They are in a worse mess!

As much as a fecking detest Herrera being the snidey fecker that he is he does a decent job in midfield and loves the club and will leave it all out there for you. Bizarre decision to play as RB/CB even if he was supposed to be man marking someone

Mourinho hasn't been backed masively this season but he did buy Lindelhof and Bailly.

Rojo seems to do well but can't keep him fit. Jones and Smalling ain't improved. He really looked fucked off when reporter said who you playing CB at next game

De Gea getting affected now as well

Jose needs to stick to a team/formation and go with it - don't think anone can predict your best XI. Loads of options but all much of a muchness

You reckon he'll last the season? If so, gonna go big in Jan spending?

vCash
    Think Mourinho will be gone before the season is over, and hence he won't get to spend much money in januari (like this summer). Extending his contract was probably the most stupid move in football of all 2018 (except for Karius decision making in the CL final). I want him out ASAP. Can see him leaving before christmas too if this disgrace continues. Bring in Zizou!

Lukaku is not a good striker, should ship him away to whatever fool wants to buy him and either get a good striker in or play Rashford. He is the future. And some new CB:s are also required as Lindelöf obviously isn't good enough to be in a top side. Every game he plays he makes a big mistake leading to a goal (only got saved by De Gea and that Kane missed an open goal last night).

vCash
    You want Zizou in but wanted him out of Madrid?!

Lukaku "not a good striker" not really a true statement is it?

vCash
    Zidane flunked the league with Real but he is the name that is frequent in talks about who is replacing Mourinho and I'd rather take him. Mourinho is poisonous to the club.

Lukaku is a decent striker, should play in a club like Everton or Arsenal. He is not good enough for a team that wants to win the league. Should sell him and play Rashford along Icardi or someone up front. Would make things happen!

vCash
    Rashford (last 3 seasons)
    13 in 52
    11 in 53
    8 in 18

Lukaku
    27 in 51
    26 in 39
    25 in 46

Granted, Rash may have been sub more and not in favoured position (anyone know what that is?!) but the guy ain'tproved himself to play week in week out. Although as I've said, I don't think he particularly had 10 games on the bounce playing in preferred position

Again, I reckon if he played 2 up top with Rash and Lukaku that could be very good but he plays wide guys that don't really deliver

vCash
    Zidane would be a risk. Yes his trophy haul is impressive at RM, especially in the CL, but he inherited a quality squad and barely added to the first XI in his time there. He hasn't much crisis experience, even in his playing career.

Doesn't seem the motivational / man manager type either but then again it's Zinedine Zidane asking / telling you to do something so you'll like think it's right even if it's wrong. Maybe I'm wrong on the man manager bit since with the team he had that's really all he had to do at RM given the team nearly picked itself.

I've honestly no idea would I'd like to replace Mourinho. Nagelsmann has the youthful profile that might be good for longevity. Of the available "fashionable" managers they all play grim football e.g. Ancelotti

No idea what Woodwards line of thinking is, winning attractive football = more revenue, bigger brand, which is that bellend's only concern

vCash
    #DeeneyForEngland

vCash
    Lukaku is back at scoring vs the flat track Burnley.