Page 222 of 226 FirstFirst ... 212218219220221222223224225226 LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 5642

Thread: English Premiership

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Can't believe that only 4 teams in the league have conceded more goals than Man U. Huddersfield are second to last and they have conceded less goals. That is how much of a laughing stock they have made the most successful club in England.
    And you have a decent keeper as well - although he hasn't been that great this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Well obviously the Man United board gave up this season a long time ago, in fact they did it last season when they didn't fire Mourinho then. But what is happening now is a disgrace. Five years ago we won the league and had the best squad in England. In just five years time they have been allowed to destroy everything in the club and made it a complete joke. The squad is a joke (we are talking about a team fielding players like Dalot, Fellaini, Lukaku, Young and Darmian here...), the coach has lost it all and benches better players cause he is an absolute mug, the board gives sod all about winning titles and the owners just want to rob the club for money. Right now the club have stopped caring about the results. If they had literally any ambition they would of sorted things out a long time ago, instead they have just let it sink to this level.

What needs to be happen is the following:
    Woodward and the board to fuck right off.
    Mourinho to be sacked ASAP.
    Some low quality players to be sold (Lukaku, Young, Herrera, Fellaini, Darmian, Jones, Smalling, Lingard, Matic, and many more).
    Some good players to be bought in

Ya just gave Smalling a 5 year deal!

Who would you get in as manager?

Can't see top players wanting to join at the moment under current manager

Commercially immense (although isn't debt rising?) so you can always land any player you wnat really but in the current moment, until you get rid of Jose then can't see much happening

urely from a financial side I think they'll wait until summer to get rid

But I agree, if you have someone in mind, i'd deffo get rid now. Such a divide between manager, baord, players and fans it's at it lowest ebb for a long time

- - - Updated - - -

But you could still win CL

vCash
    They're basically just sinking into irrelevance. Didn't even feel special beating them today, says a lot about both clubs' situations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Ya just gave Smalling a 5 year deal!

Who would you get in as manager?

Can't see top players wanting to join at the moment under current manager

Commercially immense (although isn't debt rising?) so you can always land any player you wnat really but in the current moment, until you get rid of Jose then can't see much happening

urely from a financial side I think they'll wait until summer to get rid

But I agree, if you have someone in mind, i'd deffo get rid now. Such a divide between manager, baord, players and fans it's at it lowest ebb for a long time

- - - Updated - - -

But you could still win CL
    The Smalling deal is another example of the ambition of the club atm. Instead of signing a GOOD defender we extend the contract with a shit one that should play in a bottom team.

Right now I would literally take anyone as manager. There is no chance that the situation can get any worse than it already is. Mourinho is toxic to the club and should be sacked ASAP. I've said that a long time now and he proves that point almost every single week.

Sure United can win the CL, as much as Porto and Ajax can win it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    They're basically just sinking into irrelevance. Didn't even feel special beating them today, says a lot about both clubs' situations.
    United used to be dominating English football, yesterday the team traveled to Liverpool with no serious chance of winning. Created no good chance durin the whole game and got the goal by a give away. That is how much they've been allowed to destroy the club.

vCash
    United hadn't the best team (on paper) when we last won the league but we did have the best manager. The ultimate man to get that 10% out of a player that no-one else could (just look at the amount of decent players under Fergie who left and played at almost half their 'best'). You can't replace Fergie, what he done was just all him. But the board can keep some of his philosophy's going by making the appointments to make that happen and they certainly haven't done that.

Moyes - in fairness to him everything looked decent as transitional prospect - never happened and exposed his limitations which he hasn't recovered from at all
    LvG - like a lot of managers, they go from brilliant "win at all costs, any way possible" to "don't lost at all costs" over time. This got to him too. If he was just that little bit more ambitious when the team was playing I think he'd still be there. He could see the limitations of some of the 'stars' and whilst he done well harnessing some youngsters, a modern manager needs to be able to handle modern players, something LvG just cannot do
    Mourinho - Hector Cuper reborn. Great young manager. Found a 'no lose' system. Ruined him as his ego cannot see how bad it is these days
    Woodward - the worst of the lot. Even worse than Mourinho. So clueless it's incredible. Yes the club is still somehow turning over the highest turnover of any club but that's all this cares about. Which at the end of the day is all the current owners care about. It make it very hard to support the club when the top end hierarchy are so openly callous about not caring whether the team does well or not but want as much money as they can for that support.

Ajax actually have a chance this year

vCash
    Jose out . . . "give it to Giggsy"

vCash
    Oh Kevin De Bruyne!

vCash

vCash
    Unlikely. It would be Woodwards favoured appointment but he's obviously not interested since they've announced a 'caretaker'

vCash
    Sinking ship and all that..

Not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things but Mourinho was past it many years ago. Everyone could see it. Just not the Man Utd board.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I don't know enough about Zidane to decide if I want him or not. He had a superstar team at RM

I hope we can steal Poch from Spurs

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I don't think Mou is 'past it' per se.... you can't have every team play like City & Pool..... but his style requires rock solid defence with every player buying in, and quick transitions with speed to hit on the counter. That's not how United expect to play and those weren't the players he had. He was far too inflexible and it cost him

vCash
    Finally Mourinho is out. That is just the first step though. I read that the club have realized that Woodward is a nut and are hiring a director of football, seems like a good move for once!

The decision by Woodward to give Mourinho a new contract last winter is probably the worst decision by any PL club manager wise in the last 10 years. Litterally everyone knew we would never be any good with Mourinho.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    I don't think Mou is 'past it' per se.... you can't have every team play like City & Pool..... but his style requires rock solid defence with every player buying in, and quick transitions with speed to hit on the counter. That's not how United expect to play and those weren't the players he had. He was far too inflexible and it cost him
    He probably should have bought a rock solid defence then and not spent the money on Fred/Pogba etc

ok - bought Bailly (never given a run for me) and Jonny Lindelhof (seems to be playing ok now - nothing more) and Dalot unlucky with the injury I guess

vCash
    Man Utd to confirm interim manager after website post error

Well that's a good start . . .

vCash

vCash
    Bruce would surely be a better interim. Plus isn't Solskjaer still contracted to Molde, what are they going to do, have an interim until he is back in May?

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    He probably should have bought a rock solid defence then and not spent the money on Fred/Pogba etc

ok - bought Bailly (never given a run for me) and Jonny Lindelhof (seems to be playing ok now - nothing more) and Dalot unlucky with the injury I guess
    He tried this summer and got blocked by Woodward. Wanted 2 new central defenders and the board said no.

vCash
    So he dropped £50m+ on Fred instead? He could have spent that on a DC?!

Ole is more appeasing to fans I reckon (nice guy and all that)

Bruce too much baggage and don't think generallly people rate him now and "younger keyboard warriors" wouldn't even know his acheievements sadly

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I think he tried to buy like 5 or 6 DCs and wasn't allowed..... the board want younger players they can sell on for profit later, not expensive established stars

Well if United want to appease the fans, then a likeable guy like Ole is a good choice... apparently he has Molde playing pretty well so why not. It'll be more positive and attacking than under Mou

vCash
    Anyone else surprised that Wagner has left Huddersfield?

Reflects on him badly, I feel. Walking because the going got too tough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Anyone else surprised that Wagner has left Huddersfield?

Reflects on him badly, I feel. Walking because the going got too tough?
    Yeah I was surprised. Rather than it being him simply giving up, I assumed it was an admission that he might not be the guy to save them, so he’s giving someone else a go for the good of the club rather than sleepwalk towards relegation... but either way, doesn’t look great for him, I agree.

vCash
    I get that but from the stats, they weren't really the worst team in the league and could still turn it around. There's four months to go yet and he has a window to work with too.

I think it could go against him in future if people question his mental strength to do the job?

vCash
    I heard that the board had decided to make a change at the end of the season, to see if someone else could bring new ideas. Wagoner agreed.

But as they have started so badly that they have brought the date forward.

He's done wonders to get them up. And then keep them up. I don't think he'll be short of job offers.