Page 229 of 231 FirstFirst ... 219225226227228229230231 LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 5760

Thread: English Premiership

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Does FFP come into play at all with Villa if they don't flog anyone - or does it get offset and it's ok becaus ethey get the PL cash? (much like Fulham last season really)

You hope they are not going back down the same road as before with players on massive wages (no idea if they are or not) if they don't perform
    Should be fine with FFP I guess what with the PL money.

What I like about our signings is that they are a good age with room to develop. Hopefully they can hit the ground running.

vCash
    Hopefully

How many of last seasonís team do you think would now feature in your XI?

Feels quite ĎFulhamí to me

But then I thought Fulham generally bought well (could have maybe got better defenders) and would have done ok

vCash
    Villa are different to Fulham in that they load of outgoing players, they've had 10 leave, released or retired and brought 10 in.

Fulham just bought a new team to play instead of the lads that got them there i.e. those lads were still there plus the 15 or so signings who all became starters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Villa are different to Fulham in that they load of outgoing players, they've had 10 leave, released or retired and brought 10 in.

Fulham just bought a new team to play instead of the lads that got them there i.e. those lads were still there plus the 15 or so signings who all became starters.

I already posted my thoughts about the Fulham comparison here
    https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...777#post446777

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    How many of last seasonís team do you think would now feature in your XI?
    Difficult to say but I reckon 5 or 6 from last season might start the first game.
    I know it's only pre season but several of the new players seem to have slotted in nicely already which is good to see.
    Last edited by the villan; 27-07-19 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    Villan are we still friends?

does McGinniesta play like that every week? He looks a seriously good player!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarle View Post
    Villan are we still friends?

does McGinniesta play like that every week? He looks a seriously good player!
    Haha yeah we're good Steve

Haven't seen the game just the goals. Sounds like 1st half we held our own but the 2nd was a bit of an onslaught and you ran out deserved winners. Still disappointing to come away with nothing having being in the game for so long. Grealish will learn quickly that he's not going to get as much time on the ball, he's probably had it too easy the last couple of years!

Yeah McGinn is a good player, works hard and has a lot of quality too.
    Last edited by the villan; 10-08-19 at 10:18 PM.

vCash
    Your goal shocked us and you more than held your own first half. Second half Villa sat so deep, it did feel like a matter of time. Villa will do well this year for sure, centre half Engels, for the most part was very good. Wesley looks very suited to the Prem, he troubled our CBís a lot with his power.... El Ghazi goes down like a sack of shit though and donít get me started on Jack Grealishís hair..... on another day that would have stayed 0-1. Heaton will win you some points this year too he made some great saves!

vCash
    Your goal shocked us and you more than held your own first half. Second half Villa sat so deep, it did feel like a matter of time. Villa will do well this year for sure, centre half Engels, for the most part was very good. Wesley looks very suited to the Prem, he troubled our CBís a lot with his power.... El Ghazi goes down like a sack of shit though and donít get me started on Jack Grealishís hair..... on another day that would have stayed 0-1. Heaton will win you some points this year too he made some great saves!
    Cheers you've given me a bit more optimism

I reckon the defensive trio of Heaton, Engels and Mings could be crucial for us and it goes without saying how important Grealish and McGinn will be. I think we tried to keep as much continuity as possible by starting 7 players from last season but we do have new options to potentially come in at fullback and defensive midfield when they're settled/up to speed. Interesting that you thought Wesley caused problems because some of our fans weren't as impressed but he certainly has all the attributes from what i've seen. El Ghazi can be brilliant in some games but not involved so much in others. As for Grealish's barnet I'm sure he's just trying to wind people up at this point

There's no shame in losing to a good Spurs team and our season won't be defined by matches like these. If we haven't picked up points from the next few then I might start worrying.

What did you make of Ndombele's debut? Also it seems Eriksen showed his importance, is he going to be off before the end of August?
    Last edited by the villan; 11-08-19 at 04:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the villan View Post
    Cheers you've given me a bit more optimism

I reckon the defensive trio of Heaton, Engels and Mings could be crucial for us and it goes without saying how important Grealish and McGinn will be. I think we tried to keep as much continuity as possible by starting 7 players from last season but we do have new options to potentially come in at fullback and defensive midfield when they're settled/up to speed. Interesting that you thought Wesley caused problems because some of our fans weren't as impressed but he certainly has all the attributes from what i've seen. El Ghazi can be brilliant in some games but not involved so much in others. As for Grealish's barnet I'm sure he's just trying to wind people up at this point

There's no shame in losing to a good Spurs team and our season won't be defined by matches like these. If we haven't picked up points from the next few then I might start worrying.

What did you make of Ndombele's debut? Also it seems Eriksen showed his importance, is he going to be off before the end of August?
    hmm I think those fans giving Wesley a hard time are expecting too much too soon. Watch him overpower Sanchez for McGinns goal. He gave Sanchez and Toby a hard time and his hold up play looks good. They did give him a nice welcome (a few crunching tackles) which he wasnít a fan of but like I said, give him time and he will do well. He has all the right attributes. Brazilian Dion Dublin! Haha!

Ndombele, first half struggled with the pace a bit but like Wesley needs time to adapt. He had a few opportunities to shoot where he close to pass (trying too hard to be like Mousa Dembele I think!) At 22, he looks a fantastic talent and I think he will be vital for us this year.

Eriksen, once again proved to be the game changer. He is so good. I think Iíve said it before he is (in my opinion) more important to our team than Kane is. Everything goes through him. When I saw him on the bench I thought he was gone for sure, I still do, to be fair but I really hope he stays. Iíve not seen enough of Lo Celso but from what I have seen, he doesnít seem a like for like replacement. He has to sign a new contract, even put a clause in there if Real Madrid or whoever come in with a bid of £75m/£100m he can go.

vCash
    Not sure if itís true, but I saw on twitter apparently Grealish has now lost 19 EPL games in row heís played in, over 3 seasons! Ouuuch!

vCash
    Not sure if itís true, but I saw on twitter apparently Grealish has now lost 19 EPL games in row heís played in, over 3 seasons! Ouuuch!
    Yeah I saw that, it's a nothing stat imo. We had that horrific 2015-16 season and he didn't play all that much, he was often subbed on when we were already losing.

Didn't Bale have a similar thing for Spurs where people thought he was bad luck for a while?
    Last edited by the villan; 11-08-19 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the villan View Post
    Yeah I saw that, it's a nothing stat imo. We had that horrific 2015-16 season and he didn't play all that much, he was often subbed on when we were already losing.

Didn't Bale have a similar thing for Spurs where people thought he was bad luck for a while?
    Yeah, I think it was 16 games for Bale, totally ruined him as a player, never made anything of himself after that.

vCash
    Absolutely robbed of a point yesterday with the disallowed goal. Ref was shite all game, could tell he wasn't going to let us get anything.

vCash
    What the actual F was that about Villan? Terrible mistake that, you must be fuming. We got away with a point yesterday big time, something is definitely not right behind the scenes at Spurs, we are playing terrible.

vCash
    And whilst Iím at it.... how good is Aguero? That second goal was a rocket. I think I saw something heís scored with his last 8 shots or something? Mad.

vCash
    As I'm no longer allowed to critizice anything at United I can report a very good performance again the last weekend! COME ON UNITED!

vCash
    United are only 3pts off 3rd . . . or 2pts of relegation spots. All about perspective

vCash
    People just called me a troll for saying the truth about United. So I will just say things are great! COME ON!

vCash

What a set of results this weekend

vCash
    This be the PL table then

vCash

VAR got us 97 points last season, a CL win, a Super Cup win, 8 points clear this year, unbeaten at home in league for about 2.5 years has it

You should be grateful VAR gave you a point against us at OT pal

vCash
    Do I really need to repeat all the referee and goalkeeper give aways against you last season one more time?

vCash
    Yep - why not waste your (and everyone else's time) and detail them ALL please - each and every one - don't miss anything please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    This be the PL table then

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Do I really need to repeat all the referee and goalkeeper give aways against you last season one more time?

You need to be sent to the asylum. You're slowly losing the plot.

For every mistake last season or "goalkeeper error" or whatever.. Think back over seasons where "Goalkeeping errors" "Ref mistakes" have given Manchester United an advantage. You need to get over it and move on. Starting to slowly sound like a broken record. Fair enough you "Hate" Liverpool, But we ain't even your rivals anymore. That's the likes of West Ham, Bournemouth etc

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    You were still our rivals when we were winning PL titles and you were mid-table. That'll never change.

Referee and VAR errors will balance out over time.

Felix is pretty crazy though, especially when it comes to the teams he supports. He isn't grounded in reality. He's like Evesham but for football conspiracy theories