Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: German Bundesliga

vCash
    is that the Zieler who used to be at United?

vCash
    yeah, good young goalie but leno and ter stegen are way better imo.

first german goalie ever to be sent off.

vCash
    Really?

vCash
    really what?

vCash
    I had the same thought when I heard the commentator say it was the first red for a goalie ever for germany. Pretty unique I think, especially if you remember `Toni`.

vCash
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIAT74L3R38

Not surprising when they get yellows for that sort of stuff.

vCash
    I agree. Surprised me too, especially since we had the likes of Schumacher and Kahn playing for us.

vCash
    German Cup - 1st Round Recap

All 1st round games got played this weekend and my oh my, what a few freak results we saw. In total 6 Bundesliga-Clubs went out, all against lower-tier opposition. This many Bundesliga teams going out this early hasnt happened in 25 years.

By far the most shocking game was 4th-tier Berliner AK beating Hoffenheim. To be fair, they didn't only beat them, they absolutely humiliated them. 4-0!! was the end result.

This game was followed by newly-promoted Greuther Fürth losing against third-league outfit Offenbach.

Frankfurt didn't do any better losing 3-0 to Erzgebirge Aue.

Later that day 3rd-tier team Karlsruhe beat Hamburg 4-2. Star of the game was young talent Calhanoglu.

And it went on and on. Nürnberg was the next team to get kicked out losing 3-2 in extra time against 4th-league TSV Havelse.

Last but not least and equally upsetting was the Münster - Bremen game. Bremen who had displayed great early form winning the German League Cup, where they beat both Bayern and Dortmund, got dominated by 3rd-League Münster. Münster won 4-2 in extra time. Striker Matthew Taylor scoring 3 of those goals.

The big teams went quietly and efficiently about their business. Dortmund beat Oberneuland 3-0, Schalke beat Saarbrücken 5-0 and M'gladbach beat Aachen 2-0.

The last game of the 1st round was played between newly-promoted 2. Bundesliga side Jahn Regensburg and Bayern München. Bayern won 4-0. Xherdan Shaqiri, subbed in at HT was the star of the game. He not only scored a direct free kick but also picked up 2 assists. I said it before and I say it again, I very much hope he gets to play the AMC role. Mario Mandzukic also scored 2 goals.

All goals can be seen here:

vCash
    Good news in and around Bayern. They are now the club with the 2nd highest membership figures (185 000) worldwide having overtaken FC Barcelona this off-season.

The are also looking at expanding Allianz-Arena by 2000 seats. 71 000 people would fit in for Bundesliga games. All Bayern home games have sold out already.

Shame we couldn't build a 100 000 stadium in the first place.

Bayern also extended their sponsorship deal with T-Mobile which will see them get 30m a year until 2017.

vCash
    German Bundesliga - Gameday 1

Finally!! The longest summer break ever lasting 111 days is over and the 50th Bundesliga Season kicks off again today.

This week's games:

Dortmund - Bremen
    M'Gladbach - Hoffenheim
    Freiburg - Mainz
    Augsburg - Düsseldorf
    Hamburg - Nürnberg
    Gr. Fürth - Bayern
    Frankfurt - Leverkusen
    Stuttgart - Wolfsburg
    Hannover - Schalke

Preview Dortmund - Bremen - Friday, 19:30 GMT

Those 2 played against each other only 2 weeks ago with Bremen really impressing and winning the German League Cup. Losing to Münster in the Cup however has certainly shaken up Werder. They are going to be a surprise bag this season having completely restructured their team. Players like Wiese, Marin, Pizarro, Naldo, Borowski and more have all left and they welcomed new ones like Elia, Petersen or de Bruyne. They now got the youngest squad in the Bundesliga and it is expected that only one player in their Starting XI today will be over 30, Captain Clemens Fritz. Bremen has the potential to finish as high as 4th or 5th but also to finish as low as 13th or 14th and have certainly got an exciting an interesting season ahead of them.

As much as I'd like them to steal a point from the Signal-Iduna Park, I unfortunately don't think they will be able to. Dortmund to win the game 3-1.

vCash
    Dortmund game is on espn. Might turn the mobile off and catch that tonight. The liver needs a rest.

vCash
    1-1 with 15 to go now. Equaliser was always coming when Dortmund didn't kill off the game while on top.

vCash
    well deserved for bremen. should have scored one in the first half already.

i hope that will be the final result but dortmund always scored another goal in those situations last season. i reckon lewa or reus is score one.

vCash
    Don't think it's well deserved patinoz. Dortmund should have killed this one off, but as I said the goal was always on the cards at one nil.

vCash
    fucking knew it

vCash
    Patinoz, do you know how much dortmunds current squad cost them?

vCash
    around 50mil - 55mil euro for their first team

vCash
    So, in other words, Dortmunds first 11 that won them the double last year cost them the same amount as Fernando Torres.

Oh dear.

vCash
    they were a bit cheaper last year but extended quite a few contracts plus pay reus heaps now. more in the andy carroll area

and it's the entire squad. all first team players that is.

vCash
    That's incredible. Massive respect for that.

vCash
    I dare say, that side would be pushing for a top four spot in England too. They're better than anyone except the mancs, arsenal and Chelsea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    That's incredible. Massive respect for that.
    It's not that special for German Standards. They still had the 3rd or 4th highest budget and have the second highest now. It's just a general difference between EPL and Bundesliga.

I dare say, that side would be pushing for a top four spot in England too. They're better than anyone except the mancs, arsenal and Chelsea.
    Naaah. Watch their CL games and you know why.

vCash
    German Bundesliga - Gameday 1 Recap

Dortmund - Bremen 2:1

The first goal of the new Bundesliga season was scored by Marco Reus following a terrible mistake by Bremen defender Ignjovski. Bremen was very good offensively in the first half but didn't use their chances. Dortmund dominated the second half but, much like Bremen in the first, didn't score. Bremen equalized through Gebre Sellasie but subbed in Götze scored the winner for Dortmund with 10 minutes left in the game

Greuther Fürth - Bayern 0:3

It took a while for Bayern to score the first goal but they eventually did so. A Dante header following a Shaqiri Corner was cleared on the line but only as far as Müller who scored on the rebound. Mandzukic and Robben scored the other 2 goals and Bayern came to a 3-0 away victory which was never in danger.

Other Results

M'Gladbach - Hoffenheim 2:1
    Freiburg - Mainz 1:1
    Augsburg - Düsseldorf 0:2 - Subbed in Striker Dani Schahin scoring both goals
    Hamburg - Nürnberg 0:1
    Frankfurt - Leverkusen 2:1
    Stuttgart - Wolfsburg 0:1
    Hannover - Schalke 2:2

Table

Scene of the Week:

Skip to 0:58 and watch Ibisevic lose the game for his team in crazy fashion.

vCash
    Magath is cockhead, that he bought player, which was one ofe the best player of Czech rep. and he sold him. I hope that he make a superb career in HSV and fu*k with him.

vCash
    German Bundesliga - Gameday 2 Recap

FC Bayern - Stuttgart 6:1

Bayern put on an absolute clinic and sent Stuttgart to the bottom of the table. Harnik actually put his team 1-0 up and some were hoping for a surprise but Bayern came back with a vengeance. Müller tied the game 7 minutes later and Kroos put them 2-1 up straight from the kick-off. Luiz Gustavo capped off the first half with a wonderful strike from 36 yards out. It was 3-1 at HT and whoever expected Stuttgart to be more focused in the second half got bitterly disappointed. Mandzukic scored straight after the break in the 47th minute. Müller was next with his second goal of the day in the 49th and Schweinsteiger scored the 6th Bayern goal of the day only two minutes later. There were only 2 more highlights for the rest of the game. Ibisevic got sent off in the 74th minute after headbutting Boateng and 40mil € signing Javi Martinez giving his debut for Bayern being subbed in for Schweinsteiger.

Nürnberg - Dortmund 1:1

Dortmund dropped the first points of the season with a draw in Nürnberg. Although Dortmund dominated possession, they didn't create many chances. Nürnberg went 1-0 up with Pekhart beating Hummels in the air and scoring a header. Just before the end of the first half Dortmund's Kuba took advantage of some confusion in the Nürnberg box and scored the equalizer. Both teams had their chances to score a winner in the second half but neither did.
    Nürnberg manager Hecking made a tactical masterstroke by directing his striker to manmark Hummels and therefore taking him out of the game completely. Neither Subotic nor Kehl and Gündogan were able to step up to challenge and control Dortmund passing game. Reus got subbed off in the second half after a very very quiet performance

Other Results

Mainz - Greuther Fürth 0:1
    Schalke - Augsburg 3:1
    Leverkusen - Freiburg 2:0
    Werder - Hamburg 2:0 - Hamburg scoreless in 4 of their 5 last games
    Hoffenheim - Frankurt 0:4 - Frankfurt with their second win in the second game, Hoffenheim looking out of all sorts and still waiting for the first win of the season
    Düsseldorf - M'Gladbach 0:0
    Wolfsburg - Hannover 0:4 - Hannover midfielder Huszti played a brilliant game and supplied all 4 assists

Table

Scene of the week:
    All goals from the Bayern - Stuttgart game in English commentary. Especially the 3-1 is well worth watching.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast