Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM 2 - Downloads

vCash
    Cam do you happen to have the Italian and German versions of this that you could also upload? Thx in advance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HClee View Post
    Cam do you happen to have the Italian and German versions of this that you could also upload? Thx in advance
    Will upload at weekend as away with work.

I have them all on disk, CM2, 9697, the foreign ones & 9798. Went on a spending splurge a few years ago to have a complete CM collection.

Thanks to John I now also have 4 versions of CM2 (9596) which work on my win 7 lap top which is just awesome.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Of course, there you go - https://www.sendspace.com/file/5swbpk
    Thank you, CAM F. But this version is season 95/96. Does Spanish season 96/97 even exists? Maybe I'm wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Thank you, CAM F. But this version is season 95/96. Does Spanish season 96/97 even exists? Maybe I'm wrong.
    I have all games in the CM2 series. I dont think there is Spain 96/97 game. Only Spain 95/96.

vCash
    There was no spain 9697, just in CM2 95/96 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Manager_2

Two new versions of Championship Manager 2 were later released allowing users to play leagues from across Europe. One version contained the Spanish, Belgian and Dutch leagues, the other contained French, German and Italian, leagues.

vCash
    Thanks Cam. Appreciate this - I actually have both the 95/96 Euro league discs but the Ger, Ita, Fra one dosn't read in any drives now. I only ever playerd the German and Italian versions on that CD so don't care too much about the French league, but I guess while your at it no harm in uploading that too.
    Thanks again

vCash
    Thanks Cam. Appreciate this - I actually have both the 95/96 Euro league discs but the Ger, Ita, Fra one dosn't read in any drives now. I only ever playerd the German and Italian versions on that CD so don't care too much about the French league, but I guess while your at it no harm in uploading that too.
    Thanks again
    Rar file with all 6 euroleagues (Italy/Germany/France/Spain/Holland/Belgium) of CM2 95/96:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?xo38xoc8wpckwfq

Rar file of CM2 England/Scotland 95/96:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?bnu5u3an9l414y9

No laserlock error messages, no cdrom needed. If you get a "Error: CD in the drive is not correct" error > Make sure the config.dat file is setup correctly. If the game is installed on C:\cm2ds\cm2, then open Config.dat with Wordpad/Notepad/Word and type (edit) "C:\cm2ds\cm2\" and then save file. Also: You cant start the game by dragging the file to the Dosbox desktop icon, you will get the cd error. Start the game this way:
    -Open Dosbox
    -Type "mount c c:\cm2ds" enter
    -Type "C:" enter
    -Type "cd cm2" enter
    -Start the game by typing "cm2" enter or "go" enter.
    Ciao.
    Last edited by johndevries; 28-07-17 at 09:46 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johndevries For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Guys i just dowloaded the rar file with euro leagues. Some of you try to install german league from the dosbox environment? My question is: is there anyway to play it on modern pc machines? I'm very existed to play those "forgotten" euro leagues with "a lot of bugs".

Wysłane z mojego LG-K420 przy użyciu Tapatalka

vCash
    It is the games in the rar files, all you need to do, depening on which one, is copy and paste the exe into dosbox. The euro leagues will work no bother, just CM2 9596 which John has explained how to get round it. Enjoy, it's really fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Szarpak View Post
    Guys i just dowloaded the rar file with euro leagues. Some of you try to install german league from the dosbox environment? My question is: is there anyway to play it on modern pc machines? I'm very existed to play those "forgotten" euro leagues with "a lot of bugs".

Dosbox is a free software program that lets you play old dos games on all modern pc`s/laptops. Extract the cm2_euro_leagues.rar file. Extract the iso file to (for example) C:\cm2eu
    Like Cam said you can just drag the "install" or the "fre", "ger" etc files to the Dosbox desktop icon. There is one requirement though: In the installation program, you need to change the destination path, otherwise it will overwrite/delete files and the game will not work. So change the destination path to C:\cm2ge (instead of C:\cm2_ger). Etc
    Sound/commentary works. You can turn off sound if you want.

vCash
    It's working! Thanks a lot guys! If you want i got cm2 scandinavian leagues. If i remember there was Sweden, Denmark and Norway league.

vCash
    It's working! Thanks a lot guys! If you want i got cm2 scandinavian leagues. If i remember there was Sweden, Denmark and Norway league.

Ooooo, yes please, a 9596 db is still on my wishlist to create.

vCash
    Thanks again
    I have big problems trying to install and play the spanish leagues. I haven't tried any of the other leagues but I guess it`s the same.
    Would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks for the uploads by the way.

vCash
    Gonna say thanks again for this awesome upload. Now I have a few days off work I will be recreating my happy days managing Dortmund, just to score a hatful every game. So far so good

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HClee For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Gonna say thanks again for this awesome upload. Now I have a few days off work I will be recreating my happy days managing Dortmund, just to score a hatful every game. So far so good
    Yeah. They are fantastic. My first Championship Manager game ever was CM2 Holland league 95/96. I played that game for 5 years in a row.
    The euro leagues are all version 1.49, so they still have bugs in them, but that never was a problem for me personally. Actually I found the bugs charming in some way. One of the bugs is that there is a bias against the passing style. In the Germany and Italy leagues all CPU teams use the passing style, so if you use the direct or long ball style, the game becomes quite easy. To make the game more challenging you can use the Boah editor, and change the CPU teams/managers so they use Direct and Long ball style. The game is more difficult that way.
    All bugs were corrected with the 1.56 patch for the England/Scotland leagues. If you want to play the Italian league without bugs, you can play CM 96/97 v2.00 Italian league. Its version 2.00, so it has no bugs.
    Last edited by johndevries; 01-08-17 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingfk View Post
    I have big problems trying to install and play the spanish leagues. I haven't tried any of the other leagues but I guess it`s the same.
    Would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks for the uploads by the way.
    If you get a CD in the drive is not correct error, then you can use the same solution as I posted for the CM2 95/96 Eng/Sco league:
    "Error: CD in the drive is not correct" error > Make sure the config.dat file is setup correctly. If the game is installed on C:\cm2ds\cm2, then open Config.dat with Wordpad/Notepad/Word and type (edit) "C:\cm2ds\cm2\" and then save file. Also: You cant start the game by dragging the file to the Dosbox desktop icon, you will get the cd error. Start the game this way:
    -Open Dosbox
    -Type "cd cm2" enter

So, if you have installed the Spanish game for example as C:\cm2spain\cm2\, edit the Config.dat file, type "C:\cm2spain'\cm2\" and save file. You have to let the game know, where it can find the files.
    Last edited by johndevries; 01-08-17 at 11:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndevries View Post
    If you get a CD in the drive is not correct error, then you can use the same solution as I posted for the CM2 95/96 Eng/Sco league:
    "Error: CD in the drive is not correct" error > Make sure the config.dat file is setup correctly. If the game is installed on C:\cm2ds\cm2, then open Config.dat with Wordpad/Notepad/Word and type (edit) "C:\cm2ds\cm2\" and then save file. Also: You cant start the game by dragging the file to the Dosbox desktop icon, you will get the cd error. Start the game this way:
    -Open Dosbox
    -Type "cd cm2" enter

So, if you have installed the Spanish game for example as C:\cm2spain\cm2\, edit the Config.dat file, type "C:\cm2spain'\cm2\" and save file. You have to let the game know, where it can find the files.
    I finally got it right. What I initially did was to copy the whole content of the iso and pasted it into a folder named "cm2euro". I then installed the spanish league as C:\cm2spain\cm2\. Edited the config.dat and then copied the the cm2spain folder and placed it into the root of C:.

The dosbox config I use:

mount c c:\cm2spain
    C:
    cd cm2
    cm2

Thanks for your help.

vCash
    Great.

Some Dosbox tips:
    -If you start games on Dosbox, the setting is at maximum 100 % cycles. This can sometimes be demanding for CPU`s (your fan starts to make more noise). You can decrease cycles by pressing CTRL-F11 and increase cycles with CTRL-F12. I usually decrease cycles to 20 %. My CPU has to work much less and my fan is silent again. CM2 still runs fast at 20 % cycles.
    -Press Alt-Enter to change to fullscreen mode.
    -If you prefer to play in Windowed mode, in Dosbox Options you can change the window size to any size you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Ooooo, yes please, a 9596 db is still on my wishlist to create.
    Give me a chance. Upload is gonna be today.

vCash
    It`s a long shot, I know, but does anybody have access to the patches for the cm2 euro leagues? The only one I have found was 1.56 for english\scottish leagues. Obviously most sites that hosted cm2 patches went dead years ago but I can remember an archive site hosting a lot of old cm stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingfk View Post
    It`s a long shot, I know, but does anybody have access to the patches for the cm2 euro leagues? The only one I have found was 1.56 for english\scottish leagues. Obviously most sites that hosted cm2 patches went dead years ago but I can remember an archive site hosting a lot of old cm stuff.
    Patch for CM2spain:
    http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20996
    Patch for CM2holland:
    http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20995
    Patch for CM2belgium:
    http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20994

Some sentences in the readme.txt of the Spain patch:
    "This update corrects all of the bugs that have been reported to us." and "Sorry for any inconveniance, The CM2 Team, Eidos Interactive."
    So I assume these 3 patches are all official patches. I tested all these patches. They fix some bugs, but they are all still version 1.49, so a lot of bugs still remain.
    These are the only patches I know for the Euro leagues.

@Szarpak: I already have the Scandinavian leagues. I also found a Portugal league for CM2.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johndevries For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndevries View Post
    Patch for CM2spain:
    http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20996
    Patch for CM2holland:
    http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20995
    Patch for CM2belgium:
    http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20994

Some sentences in the readme.txt of the Spain patch:
    "This update corrects all of the bugs that have been reported to us." and "Sorry for any inconveniance, The CM2 Team, Eidos Interactive."
    So I assume these 3 patches are all official patches. I tested all these patches. They fix some bugs, but they are all still version 1.49, so a lot of bugs still remain.
    These are the only patches I know for the Euro leagues.

@Szarpak: I already have the Scandinavian leagues. I also found a Portugal league for CM2.
    I've got some patches to sweden edition. But those are only database updates. A portugal version? Where? It's official? I don't remember that in cm2 was portugal league. Can you send up some link?

vCash
    Bye the way, can somebody tell my how many versions of cm2 was? Those i know: english and scottish v1.56 and v2.00, italian 1,49 and 2.00, swedish, norwegian and danish v1.00 and belgian, dutch, french, spanish, german v.1.49.

vCash
    @johndevries : Is there any way to send me a tip where can i find cm2 portugal?

vCash
    @johndevries : Is there any way to send me a tip where can i find cm2 portugal?

The language is in Portuguese by the way.

CM2 Portugal:
    https://mega.nz/#!5J5wkbhJ!jfQF7c9V6...X9Rl_hMpOtO59o

and CM2 Portugal 96/97:
    https://mega.nz/#!cIBHlTZI!5iSWKP0iQ...pnz-Pa9hhgNuko

I had some difficulty with the CD error, but its working now. Install the game as C:\cm2por\cm2\ and edit Config.dat so it says "C:\cm2\". Open the game by typing in the Dosbox window, mouse dragging the file to Dosbox doesnt work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast