Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: CM 2 - Downloads

3rd Minor Update (for literally the only other 2 people on the planet other than myself that care )

Foreign league players are now in (with their histories).

I worked out how to get around properly the ~3400 player limit. Not sure how many I can push it to - currently have 3156 domestic players and 1412 foreign players (4568 total). All with histories.

The 1100 club limit is still proving hard to get around! But working within it right now (as that's not too bad seeing as there's only English and Scottish leagues to actually play in). Will revisit expanding it soon (spent a day on it so far and didn't get very far!)

Need to sort out managers next - and the Scottish leagues (not really touched them yet!) then probably have something playable I can upload.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

As one of those 2, how frigging cool!!!

I'm sort of half, in that I loved CM2, but not really interested in updates. But if Spain and Germany can be made to work like the Italian leagues above, I'm close to orgasm.

Hi Nick,

I don't know what you want to do, what you can achieve, and/or what you are going to do with the Scottish leagues, but disabling them, if possible, can be a reasonable idea, especially if we are still limited in terms of number of players. That way you can avoid creating lots of minor Scottish players which will take room that could be dedicated to better players.

Anyway, the original game loads two different sets of players if you create an English or Scottish game. I don't know the algorithm behind it and that may be the reason for the original game having 5700 players in DB1 files and only loading ca. 3400.

There are at least 3 different v2.00 existing exe that I know of: the English/Scottish one, the Spanish one and the Italian one. The Spanish and Italian ones support only one country and two tiers, so if it is useful for you to have a look at them for a comparison vs the English/Scottish one, that's a resource.

Finally a further couple of remarks, mostly things I can't understand, but you'll never know, maybe they can be useful for your work.

The English/Scottish version includes a couple of extra IDX files, containg a list of players and teams. I did not investigate them yet, but it is possible that those are used to decide which players/teams are to be loaded from the DB1s when you create an English or a Scottish game.

There's a DataSet field in players record. I never understood what it's used for... maybe it was meant as a variable to decide if the player belongs to English dataset or Scottish dataset? I don't think it's used though, if I remember correctly it's very often set to 0. Maybe it turned into an unused field?

Disable Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    Disable Scotland?
    Sorry CamF... I am absolutely not pushing for it, just an hypothesis to simplify a bit the scenario. Nick will surely understand what to do much better than me

My concern is that if we won't be able to have two different sets loaded and we are going to have for instance... 1000 Scottish players loaded out of 4500 in an English game... it is possible that it won't be very nice. We may even get to a point where we'll have Scottish players scattered everywhere in English, European and Extra-European clubs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea71 For This Useful Post:

Scotland is already in (although I just deleted Aberdeen and Hamilton so that the prem is 10 teams as an easy solution - so not perfect)

If you haven't played CM2 in a while - it is strangely more enjoyable than you'd think. So I'm actually looking forward to finishing this update and playing Plus, the update is all done with code so now as long as there are 0102 updates, there will be CM2 updates

@Andrea: Thanks for the tips - will look into all of that! and I agree, dataset doesn't seem to be used (I think it was meant to equal the file it was loaded from so DataSet == 0 for pldata1.db1, 1 == pldata2.db).

EDIT: Does anyone have the ISO version of "Championship Manager 2 The Italian Leagues 96/97" they could upload? I can only find the cut down cracked versions online
    Last edited by Nick+Co; 16-08-20 at 07:39 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post

Scotland is already in (although I just deleted Aberdeen and Hamilton so that the prem is 10 teams as an easy solution - so not perfect)

If you haven't played CM2 in a while - it is strangely more enjoyable than you'd think. So I'm actually looking forward to finishing this update and playing Plus, the update is all done with code so now as long as there are 0102 updates, there will be CM2 updates

@Andrea: Thanks for the tips - will look into all of that! and I agree, dataset doesn't seem to be used (I think it was meant to equal the file it was loaded from so DataSet == 0 for pldata1.db1, 1 == pldata2.db).

EDIT: Does anyone have the ISO version of "Championship Manager 2 The Italian Leagues 96/97" they could upload? I can only find the cut down cracked versions online
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/zyudpe

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Thanks Cam - but that's not the version I'm looking for - I think there's a version, like Andrea said, that's a CM v2.0 Italian from 96.

@guido: Thanks - already have those - but looking for the original iso/patches - just for archiving as much as anything

@Nick: I remembered that I bought CM2 1996-97 in Italian version. I look for the CD, take out the iso and try to post it. I'll try to make it for tonight, otherwise I'll do it tomorrow.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to guidocimm For This Useful Post:

So, I managed to find the image of CM2 1996-97 Italian version on an old hard disk. In my notes I found that 24 years ago I was given a burned copy of that version by a friend who had a computer shop and wanted to introduce me to the game. From version 1997-98 onwards, and later since Football Manager was born, I have personally purchased the game every year. Between 2001 and 2004 I was one of the researchers of Championship Manager Italy.
    Anyway the link is:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/1de6yu2a6f5h4pq/file

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guidocimm For This Useful Post:

Guido: Perfect! Thank you!

EDIT: For those that want to play it, here's an easy to play version (with the Italian commentary): https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/CM2Ital96_v2.zip
    Just unzip and double-click CM2.exe
    Last edited by Nick+Co; 17-08-20 at 04:37 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

How frigging cool, my basic Italian got me to my Milan team! Looks so different yet the same.

Thanks Nick and Guido

@Andrea: Your text is very useful! Keep it coming

Written the code to read & write the player files for CM2 2.0 now (and dump to a CSV so I can check it)

Already have code to read CM0102 data - now just got to do all the boring code of mapping teams/leagues/player for England.
    Hi, Nick. I would like to know if there will be the possibility to create a custom db for CM2 (and CM97-98) using a software similar to Transfer Tool for CM0102. I would also like to know if it will be possible to use a patch like the one you made for CM0102 to change the start date of CM2 (or CM9798). I ask you this because I have collected a lot of data from the 1965-66 and 1970-71 seasons in csv format in the last fifteen years and I would like to make some retro updates. I'm an Inter fan and those two seasons have a special meaning for me. Thanks

24. The Following User Says Thank You to guidocimm For This Useful Post:

@Guido:
    if there will be the possibility to create a custom db for CM2
    Yes, I am working on a tool to create one from any CM0102 database. So the aim would be to use the tools you use now to create a CM0102 DB - then use this to convert it to CM2. I don't have any intention right now to support CM97/98 directly though.

patch like the one you made for CM0102 to change the start date of CM2 (or CM9798)
    Yes, that actually exists, in a very early version on this thread: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...631#post487631

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

@Nick: Thank you very much.

Hi Nick, still a few notes for fine tuning. Sorry in case of inaccurate info.

EXNMES.txt
    ----------

There is an EXNMES.txt file in the game. I think it contains some extra names used to generate "grey" players and regens. You may want to customize it if you like. Heavy editing can lead the game to crash, hopefully in a very evident way, during the game generation.

I suspect it would make no sense putting "Paolo Rossi" in it, if at least one "Paolo" and at least one "Rossi" is already in DB.

At first I tried to use it to add some legends in the game. I was just hoping for some Platini or Maradona regen appear in the game. But after I had a ridicoulous amount of Van Basten and Neeskens popping out as "grey" fringe players in many minor Dutch clubs, I decided it was not so cool as I hoped, after all.

I had a problem derived by too many countries and too few players. I don't know exactly how it works, but regens may get their names according to the areas their countries belongs to (BALKAN, BRAZIL, BRITAIN, CENTRAL AFRICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, EASTERN EUROPE, FRANCE, GERMANY, ITALY, LOW COUNTRIES, MIDDLE EAST, NORTH AFRICA, NORTHERN EUROPE, RUSSIA, SCANDANAVIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTHERN EUROPE, SPAIN) therefore it may happen, for instance, that Korean players get Japanese name/surname, which is very bad. I can't remember if I had success fixing this by properly customizing the EXNMES.txt, I think I didn't. Maybe you'll be able to change/extend the countries areas, or you'll put enough players in DB to avoid this issues happening.

transfer sys
    ------------

Countries have a field named transfer sys. This is for setting the transfers deadline. As far as I know it is not possible to have a summer window and a winter window. The game only support one window which closes as following:

transfer sys set to 1 deadline 31/03
    transfer sys set to 2 deadline 07/02
    transfer sys set to 3 deadline 10/01
    transfer sys set to 4 deadline 27/12
    transfer sys set to 5 deadline 25/11
    transfer sys set to 6 deadline 30/08

UEFA
    ----

The game supports much less European countries than we have today (like, they were probably less than 40 and now they are more than 50). If I remember well this shouldn't be a problem. As long as you add European countries, all of them play their friendlies, all of them are properly allocated to the Euro Qualifying Groups and WC Qualifying Groups and everything works fine. EDIT: We are PROBABLY fine up to 54 countries, you may want to have a look at least when you need to add a country #55.

UEFA Club Competitions is a little different though. If I remember well, the UEFA Allocation Table support a fixed number of entries (let's say, just to provide an instance, 36). If you put a 37th European country in DB it is left out of the table and its clubs are NEVER entered into the three European competitions. It is then recommended to initialize properly the UEFA Coefficients in the DB, because the game will select the countries with the higher coefficients.

For instance: you create Serbia and do not allocate a UEFA Coefficient, which therefore is set to 0. Serbian clubs won't ever take part to UEFA Competitions. On the other hand, if you set Serbia Coefficient to 10.000 and put, say, Malta Coefficient to something lower than 10.000, Serbia will get Malta slot in the table.
    Last edited by Andrea71; 19-08-20 at 11:00 PM.

@Nick
    I tried to use CM2Year but something's wrong. I put it in the same directory as CM2 (the Italian version 1996-97) but when I launch it writing CM2YEAR CM2.exe 2020 (or other years like 1970 or 1992) I always get this message:
    Cannot detect CM2.exe version !
    Any suggestions ? Thanks

amazed at your work Nick!!! I know nothing bout these computer stuffs but I highly laud your efforts on both CM2 and 3 series - waiting for you to do something on the original CM92!

the conversion of updated rosters into CM2 leads me to believe that something similar can be done on reverse, i.e. CM2 series rosters from all the thousands of data disks on the 0102 "chassis". would that be feasible?

I tried a little while ago cm2year with the English version of cm29697, the one you can download at this link posted by Nick:
    https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/CM2_9697.zip
    It works perfectly. With the Italian version cm2year does not work at all.

Hello Nick!

Is it possible to use these resources somehow in CM9798?

For example, I try to use CM2YEAR on CM9798 but it always shows me this message "Cannot detect CM2.exe version"

Then I tried changing byte 0xAB085 to 0x77 and this worked going into 2019, but all players are now 22 years older and the game crashes when no young players are found for the PFA young award.

What about the other steps?
    I mean this:

"# Make sure we can continue past 30 seasons (not particularly needed - but no harm in adding)
    00037701: 75 EB
    00057CD7: 7D EB

00037841: 6C 84
    0004F59A: 6C 84
    00054A1C: 6C 84
    00057109: 6C 84
    00057172: 6C 84
    00057580: 6C 84
    00057599: 6D 85

# Make it so it's "Season 2020/21" rather than "Season 2020/1"
    000575E6: 74 90
    000575E7: 15 90
    000575EA: 03 02
    000575EB: 75 7C

# Double digit hack (adding 0x18 on)
    00057651: BE 83
    00057652: 64 C2
    00057653: 00 18
    00057654: 00 83
    00057655: 00 FA
    00057656: 89 64
    00057657: D0 7E
    00057658: C1 03
    00057659: FA 83
    0005765A: 1F EA
    0005765B: F7 64
    0005765C: FE 66

000576CE: 6C 84
    0005EE2C: 6C 84
    0005F0A4: 6C 84
    0007A346: 6C 84
    0008030E: 6C 84

^ That will change all the visualization so the game appears to be in 2020 (Even though the game internally is running as 1996). The players birth years all shift too (so the ages are correct, birth years are shifted 24 years forward) "

The general question is:

Can I do all this in cm9798 somehow?

Cheers

OSM, Nick hasn't posted in almost 2 months and must be taking a well earned break from the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    OSM, Nick hasn't posted in almost 2 months and must be taking a well earned break from the forum.
    Sorry, i'm not an active participant in a forum. I'm David from Argentina.
    I came across this and it looks cool to me. Andrea and Nick are geniuses!

Personally I personally like cm9798 better because of having a lot of leagues and players (I always run three leagues simultaneously) or maybe it's just nostalgia since it's the game that I played the most in my whole life.
    I've played this game in four different decades, if that's not replayability I don't know what it is. In my experience at least, this is largely due to Andrea, Norb, Kev and Steve who have fascinated me with their updates. So much so that my 57-year-old father, who started me as a CM2 manager, got hooked on the game again.

I'm doing a South American leagues update with UCME and CM2ED but it's too much work for one guy.
    It would be much easier and faster to be able to update directly from a spreadsheet.
    I have been able to identify each byte of the .db1 file in a hex editor (although Unique ID, ability, potential and reputation I don't understand how they are encoded) but I have no idea how to transfer a spreadsheet to a .db1 file.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSchoolManager For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast