Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: English League Cup

vCash

English League Cup

Noticed there wasn't a thread yet and with this news just had to start one!!

The Carling Cup will henceforth be know as The Capital One Cup.

Wonder if the person who signed that deal has noticed their COC Cup!!

vCash
    Terrible name, terrible sponsor. I've got a credit card with Capital One and they're utter wankers!

vCash
    Swindon 3-0 Brighton

Anybody watch that game on sky sports? poor first half but Swindon excellent in the second against a very strong Brighton side!

vCash
    What about the 5-5!

Looks like it was a cracker!

vCash
    6 championship sides out in total including last years finalists Cardiff.

vCash
    Whats the crack with the first set of games being played on a Saturday a week before the season starts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    What about the 5-5!

Looks like it was a cracker!
    Never write off Scunthorpe eb, NEVER!!!!!!

vCash
    Nonsense cup really. The last two managers to win this have lost their job at the end of the season, with one of the clubs actually relegated.

vCash
    McCleish didnt lose his job, he left to join Villa.

vCash
    Also don't call it a nonsense cup. When you won it last year you were all over the moon and it seemed to mean a lot to the players. Reina's body language at the end of the shoutout showed how much he cared. Gerrard was glad to be back helping liverpool win a trophy aswell.

My personal opinion is that yes it is a good opportunity for the fringe / younger players to get a run out but if you do make it to the latter stages of the competition you should try to win it.

vCash
    Yeah it was such a great feat winning the trophy. Funny how it's viewed as a disastorous season with the manager getting sacked for it then.

Nice little day out at Wembley but little else. Honestly, we'd have been better off getting knocked out to Exeter and then having Lucas fit all season, as he wouldn't have played against Chelsea In the later rounds.

As I said, nonsense cup. Should be done away with.

vCash
    You amaze me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    You amaze me...

vCash
    Swindon come to Stoke for the 2nd Round after the draw was made today - Bit of a potential banana skin really, I'll be very wary of Di Canio's lads!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    I actually quite enjoy it when the League Cup (I refuse to call it the Capital One Cup) comes about, the competition has no prestige or historic significance, but it's a good chance to see United's fringe players get a run-out, especially since I don't live close enough to watch reserve games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Swindon come to Stoke for the 2nd Round after the draw was made today - Bit of a potential banana skin really, I'll be very wary of Di Canio's lads!
    Swindon are my local side who i follow a lot. We will most likely come to your place with a positive attitude and play 2 up front. This will most likely be Paul Benson and Andy Williams who are very good at holding up the ball and bringing others into play. I also expect us to play both our giant centre halves in Flint and Henville. They are monsters in the air so expect a good battle with whatever giants you play up front

A lot of uncertainty over our right back Paul Caddis at the moment so i expect Joe Devera to play right back again. He can also play centre half so is also good in the air. Our new captain McCormack could be moved into a defensive midfield position.

Looking forward to the tie. Hope it's on the telly but i doubt it!

Since the start of last season we've beaten the likes of Wigan, Huddersfield, Brighton, Exeter, and Bristol City in the cups, all teams who were in higher leagues than us. We will be up for the challenge

vCash
    Sounds like it'll be an interesting game if you're playing big lads up front and in defence Tickets go on sale next week and the game is scheduled for the 28th. I imagine the club will price it as a tenner each so I'll most likely be going
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    I look forward to a good honest review of the game then if you don't mind mate

vCash
    some funny scores tonight,

scooter - your goal every 2 games prediction for steven fletcher has not got off to a good start mate. a blank against the mighty morcambe for him...

vCash
    Stoke let me down for 125.50 tonight. Delighted to see them going one down in extra time.

vCash
    Swindon!!!

Did you go to the game Mark?

vCash
    Was at Elland Road tonight - couple of awesome goals in 1st half

vCash
    You do get around a lot mate

vCash
    Not got any games planned for a few weeks now - Swans playing teams away I don't fancy the trip to (although going back for Everton game) and will keep eye out for Liverpool tickets but rarely get chance to snap any up.
    Am up in Leeds from time to time so will catch a game when I can

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Swindon!!!

Did you go to the game Mark?
    No mate, didn't end up going as it was the old dear's birthday meal. My old man went though (they're divorced, in case anyone wonders ) and from the sounds of it, we played an absolute shocker of a match. Only 6 changes to the team as well with Sorensen, Upson, Shotton, Whitehead, Jones and Jerome coming in and Huth, Wilson, Kightly, Cameron and Pennant keeping their places.

Watching the highlights, the goalkeeper cocked up on the first one and you can see that Marc Wilson didn't even bother tracking his man on the 2nd, 3rd (although Huth might have been at fault for this one, video wasn't clear) and 4th goals.
    The Alphabet Game #3

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast