Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scottish Referendum

vCash
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-28936201

HAHAHAHA East Renfrewshire council tweeted this last night, cannot stop laughing at this, For all non scots, pus is gob/mouth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slivie View Post
    I managed to convince 3 undecideds at work to vote yes today
    Wow - they must be intellectual people to take other people's advice on such an important vote...........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Wow - they must be intellectual people to take other people's advice on such an important vote...........
    They were swaying towards yes, i merely pushed them over the cliff. It wasn't my advice really, it was from business for scotland. My 2 points were

How do you feel about the people of Scotland having to stump up 4,771 million pounds for a transport project (HS2) that not only comes nowhere near Scotland, but offers absolutely no economic benefit to our economy at all? An even better question might be: if you had 4,771 million pounds to spend on Scotland what would you spend it on?

Do you really want to be the first nation in history to actively reject it's own independence?

4. See, being from Canada and living through the failed Quebec push for separation I'm all for keeping my country together...... but Quebec was never its own country (unless you count New France but that was before Confederation).... so I see it as different....

I'm all for the Scots becoming their own fully independent country once again but I do fear that both sides are overlooking things.... I sure hope that the Scots do have a plan for currency if the UK doesn't allow them to keep the Pound (Quebec wanted to fuck off from us but keep the Canadian dollar and Canadian passports..... they were told it would never happen).... having to start fresh with your own currency while defaulting on whatever they may owe to Engerland isn't going to inspire confidence.

I don't have enough knowledge on the subject to accurately judge what might or might not happen..... but people need to be aware that despite all the doom and gloom from the "No" side, and the "everything is awesome and we'll be rich" from the "yes" side, the reality will be somewhere in between..... it won't be a smooth and easy ride, regardless of what happens.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    See, being from Canada and living through the failed Quebec push for separation I'm all for keeping my country together...... but Quebec was never its own country (unless you count New France but that was before Confederation).... so I see it as different....

I'm all for the Scots becoming their own fully independent country once again but I do fear that both sides are overlooking things.... I sure hope that the Scots do have a plan for currency if the UK doesn't allow them to keep the Pound (Quebec wanted to fuck off from us but keep the Canadian dollar and Canadian passports..... they were told it would never happen).... having to start fresh with your own currency while defaulting on whatever they may owe to Engerland isn't going to inspire confidence.

I don't have enough knowledge on the subject to accurately judge what might or might not happen..... but people need to be aware that despite all the doom and gloom from the "No" side, and the "everything is awesome and we'll be rich" from the "yes" side, the reality will be somewhere in between..... it won't be a smooth and easy ride, regardless of what happens.....
    The UK can't stop Scotland using the pound even if that means using it without their permission, however if the uk government deny scotland the assets of the bank of england (currency union, built up over time by each nation within the union) then we can also deny the liability of the bank of england (scotlands debt). In that event if we get no currency union and we refuse to take our share of the national debt it is not a default as the UK still exists as a sovereign state.

6. i suppose any country can use another country's money without permission...

and just because the UK tells Scotland that it no longer has access to the bank of England (since it would no longer be part of the UK), Scotland could still be liable for any debts incurred prior to independence.... breaking away from the union to be on your own doesn't magically remove various financial obligations

anyway like i said, it matters not to me whether the Scots vote to split or not.... they were their own country once and the could be again.... my only point was that it's not going to be some land of sunshine and prosperity from day one.... it's going to be a long road and a hard road if you guys vote yes and there will be a lot of work to get all your newly independent institutions up and running and working properly

vCash
    Who do archie mcpherson and gordon brown think they are???. Portraying themselves as labour stalwarts dont make me laugh. Mcpherson stating the nhs fully devolved to our parliament. A parliament that can be dissolved by the current regime at any time. Ruled overall by a goverment that scotland did not vote for. As for brown going on about the fat cats. Did he no line the fat cats pockets wi big bonuses from the taxpayers. Tories in disguise. Call yourselves scotsmen you should hang your head in shame. What has "new labour" done for scotland? - FUCK ALL. All it has ever done is appease the tories. Two old fuds with no courage, no ambition, no balls and more to the point no future. Move south ya couple o fannies

vCash
    YES coming out on top again in the latest debate on tv

and also,

You know a campaign is in trouble when they run out of grassroots campaigners and have to sneakily put their politicians in instead. Meet Billy Fitzpatrick (apparently a grassroots no voter) which would be true if he wasn't an ex labour councillor. ‪#‎Bettertogether‬ bringin in the ringers!

Don't believe me?

Billy Fitzpatrick, 58, is a father of two. He was born and educated in Edinburgh.

Billy works in Edinburgh for the Western General Hospital as a health worker, caring for the needs of the general public and patients.

He has held positions on various local council bodies and has in the past served on the District Council from 1984 to 1995, representing Granton; and then on Edinburgh City Council from 1995 to 2007, representing Pilton. He has also served as a Justice of the Peace.

Billy also serves as a Unison official for fairness in the working rights and conditions of members.

Fairness? So a politician taking away a seat from the member of the public in a debate is fair?

http://www.edinburghlabour.com/2011/...tzpatrick.html

‪#‎indyref‬ ‪#‎scotlanddecides‬

vCash
    momentum is deffo swinging to a YES vote right now

Patrick Harvie of the Green Party was the star of the YES show tonight well done that man,

Loser of the night was the brain dead ex paratrooper who got put right in his place by Harvie

still have my doubts it will happen but it would be amazing if it does

vCash
    Patrick Harvie did well, I thought Elaine C Smith came across quite well too

Interesting article from last night about a bbc radio 5 live debate in my city of Dundee, which happened this morning

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/pol...ebate-1.553982

11. Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    YES coming out on top again in the latest debate on tv

and also,

You know a campaign is in trouble when they run out of grassroots campaigners and have to sneakily put their politicians in instead. Meet Billy Fitzpatrick (apparently a grassroots no voter) which would be true if he wasn't an ex labour councillor. ‪#‎Bettertogether‬ bringin in the ringers!

Don't believe me?

Billy Fitzpatrick, 58, is a father of two. He was born and educated in Edinburgh.

Billy works in Edinburgh for the Western General Hospital as a health worker, caring for the needs of the general public and patients.

He has held positions on various local council bodies and has in the past served on the District Council from 1984 to 1995, representing Granton; and then on Edinburgh City Council from 1995 to 2007, representing Pilton. He has also served as a Justice of the Peace.

Billy also serves as a Unison official for fairness in the working rights and conditions of members.

Fairness? So a politician taking away a seat from the member of the public in a debate is fair?

http://www.edinburghlabour.com/2011/...tzpatrick.html

‪#‎indyref‬ ‪#‎scotlanddecides‬
    Technically if he isn't an elected official then he has just as much right as any other member of the public to be there..... just sayin

vCash

"Cap In Hand"

I could tell the meaning of a word like serene
    I got some 'O' Grades when I was sixteen
    I can tell the difference between magarine and butter
    I can say "Saskatchewan" without starting to stutter

But I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land, cap in hand
    I could get a broken jaw from being in a fight
    I know its evening when day turns to night
    I can understand why Stranraer lie so lowly
    They could save a lot of points by signing Hibs Goalie

But I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land, cap in hand

We fight - when they ask us
    We boast - then we cower
    We beg
    For a piece of
    Whats already ours

Once I thought I could make God a bribe
    So I said I was in his lost tribe
    Getting handouts can be so frustrating
    "Get in line son, there's five million waiting"

I can't understand why you let someone else rule your land, cap in hand
    I can't understand why we let someone else rule our land, cap in hand
    I can't understand why you let someone else rule your land, cap in hand

vCash
    see if it's a YES vote,
    can we sing - the union is over - why don't you go home

Labour didn't deliver devolution. The people of Scotland did.
    The SNP won't deliver Independence. The people of Scotland will.
    Last edited by BeezerCeltic1967; 03-09-14 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    Johann Lamont Gettin Telt!

vCash

vCash

aye ok ed.....

see you milliband, yer a slavering stuttering fucking idiot.
    away and get to fuck ya fucking CLOWN.
    your party has done nothing for Scotland, yer a little meek cunt with no fight in ye, too posh to fight the tories... who i actually thing you have a hard on for.

your lot can fuck off out of scotland as well ya dick.

The desperation is ripping out them now
    Last edited by BeezerCeltic1967; 06-09-14 at 10:16 PM.

vCash
    vote has closed right down,
    polls tomorrow

fuck labour and fuck the tories.

vCash

Politics

Beez - if Labour has done nothing for Scotland why do the majority of your country vote for them?

vCash
    use to be them or the tories, back when they had some backbone...... now they are cowards.

think you will find those days are long gone mate

they are as bad as the tories.

the only people that have done anything for scotland, are the people of scotland.

it wasnt "new tory" labour that delivered devolution to scotland, it was the people of scotland who delivered it

vCash
    42% voted for Labour in 2010 vs 20% for SNP - and Labour had a bigger % change than SNP - why did people not vote for SNP if they wanted best for Scotland?!

vCash
    2010 and 2014 are very different times mate,
    maybe people are finally sick and tired by broken promises?

vCash
    how may voted tories that year???

the main point here is, we have NEVER voted for tories..
    but always end up with them...

that's just not on anymore, and that's why im voting fuck the tories forever
    Last edited by BeezerCeltic1967; 06-09-14 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    I wonder why they let 16 year olds vote as well in this referendum..........

vCash
    why not? this vote is prb gonna affect them more than anybody, why should they not have a say? after all it is their future that is being determined here.

they will probably still be in this country and have to deal with living with a yes or no vote,

however old age pensioners who are mostly [like my gran who is 84] stuck in their way and will mostly vote no but will not have to live with the consequence of their actions....

vCash
    yeah - ok - they are banking on a load of kids that know fuck all and will be watching Braveheart repeats days before the vote just to get the "yes" vote in

Gonna be a close call though - hope there is a massive turnout as it really is the time for people to have their say

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast