Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Inception of Clan 01-02

Ok first of all thanks to everyone for being there last night. It was great to see so many interested in playing each other online and the craic in Hamachi was stellar at times, when we weren't at each other's throats through frustration!

Now to the actual sorry state of affairs that was the game.
    Crashes, slow play holding up the game when it didn't crash, bickering in the hamachi shoutbox, disoriented newbs not knowing what the hell was happening, in short it was an epic failure of a network game. Truth be told it was my fault it shut down at the end as I hit the red X, I was so tired I thought I could get out and in again, not realising I was the host. I'm usually not that stupid but was fatigued from the experience of a 12 player off season

Ok so what to do now is the next question, there was chat last night and Welshred has suggested opening a second game and splitting the players in half.

A sensible idea seeing as we have already played a season with 6/7 players and it was quality, just ask robbie3:16 and Jonny Mcgraw (both of whom quit when the numbers increased, although they loved the weekly sessions with smaller numbers) These guys may want to return if the game is run in smaller groups

I feel we could benefit from rebooting the original game as well as it will not last past 2014 anyway (it is running on V1.0 I now have V2.0) but am not dead set on this, and welcome opinions. Whatever happens, myself, David and Gordon need to be in the same game as David was sharing my computer and Gordon was sharing my broadband, at the moment they can't play in another game. Dave's computer is off being fixed so he will be sorted soon enough but Gordon has no broadband so will need to remain in whichever game I am in. I'm also happy to continue the existing save for 1 more season as I simply don't like the thought of another pre-season, signing coaches and plyers all over again! If there are enough interested in continuing the game we will do that

Can anyone who is interested in online play please post in here or in general chat with your preference/suggestions/comments and we should get something set up for Sunday. You may want different night or different times for the new game, you may want different rules than our original game, don't be shy speak up now before it starts!

Although spliting it down limits interaction between members slightly, I would suggest that after a season the top 6 players (scored on manager points) are then promoted to a new game (Online Championship Game) where the elite duke it out. This is just an idea, and there are obvious advantages to picking a team already in the Euro Super Cup, for example, as this will vastly increase your manager points, other suggestions again welcomed. The fact that there will be a new thread for the game will probably be enough anyway as I know I'll be noseying in every now and again and I'm sure everyone else will too.

To put a positive spin on last night, a week or two ago we found out the limitations of Hamachi in that 15 per group is the quantity limit. Now we know that over 6/7 in a game is the quality limit, more than this has a negative impact on the experience, I am on a learning curve as much as everyone else here and although frustrating at times, if we learn something along the way the time spent is not wasted.
    how about that for spin? Tony Blair should have had me working for him never mind Mandelson

OK, I'm stuck here til 6pm tonight so give me some feedback fellow managers, (I await a torrent of abuse )
    Cheers Boys
    Chris

Great idea Chris.

Splitting it into 2 sides.

12 was too many.

I agree, u shudnt have to do another pre-season. So maybe the 6/7 from last season shud carry on the one that you host.

I would be able to host another game. But I'm not sure I would want a load of the noobs, and useless people who take forever.

But if the demand is there, then we could try and do something.

Alternatively.
    If your current game, with the 6/7 from last season does lose 1 or 2 members for good, maybe me and Patinoz could fill in.

And then once that dies in 2014 or whatever start 2 new online games.

Why will ur game crash in 2014?

OK well i think Welshred was going to be joining the second game and he must take credit for the splitting of the players idea as well, I remember him saying last night he would be happy to join the new one. (can you confirm if this is right or not mate? if you'd rather stay here I will hosthe new one )
    Robbie has left Arsenal, Jonny has left Spurs.
    So remaining in Belfast we have: myself (Juve), David (Man C), Gareth (Chelski), Gordon (AC Milan)
    DaftOrbital has a very young liverpool squad that I'm sure he wants to see develop for a season more also.
    wato and Pati are in Spain (right?)

If we kept those players in the original game to play the next season that woud mean that:
    Welshred, Luis Russo, Stuart, Eofinn would remain for the new start perhaps a couple more could be recruited or Jonny or Robbie might join back with a guarantee that the game is locked down for new players once started? Both guys only left because of the many new players slowing the pace of the game, as I said before they both really enjoyed season 1 and will likely be up for another go from the start.

Anyway let me know if y'all approve, if not give me counter offers men, it's only 3 days away so lets get it nailed down!

OK boys,
    here's the latest save:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/G08FS3aT/Champ-Men.html

extract to the cm main folder - you know the drill.
    Also, not 100% necessary but can you join the leagueA group above please? lets us see who is in what league, stay in the champmanclan as well if you need to (i have a game with robert for example, daft has a game with jonny)
    see you all at 10pm

edit: i fucked up the new network, had to rename it cm0102Aleague, password is still online though

Finally,

It seems like ages since a match was played in this game but I got 1 match last night, the spaniards got 2 and we had our first ragequit of the season
    Liverpoool got about 6 matches including a friendly

On Wednesday when the drunken louts return from their alcohol induced illnesses it's on like Donkey Kong!
    We will actually get to enjoy the cut and thrust of a proper network game.

Can you post the game today/tonight please daft and I'll highlight all the "shit players" (quoting wato there) Barcelona have bought, as well as any other interesting screens.

Shame about the other game, I have 2 days off from tomorrow, will try and help revive the B league also!

I have to say if thunder91, guushiddink, mark-ogku, and The Guvner (stuart) don't respond in some way before Wednesday they will be removed from the group, no point being there if you aren't interacting. Anyone that has spoke to any of these guys, let me know, perhaps they play a game with you?

The old group went like this and real players couldn't get on because it was full, so I'm keeping a closer eye on it this time

heres the save chris

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tzeu6q

probably take 20 to download

Since Daft is, eeeerm, let's say a little pre-occupied for the next 24 hours, I'll pass on the save.

Here it is boys, good game tonite

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pb3gv9

In all its glory. see you guys next week. have fun sunday

http://www.sendspace.com/file/41o4uj

He was threatening to strip his team while he ain't here welshy
    Actually daft has failed to leave holiday instructions a possible costly oversight!

I know he will get to a computer wherever he is to look at the forum anyway

Look forward to the report, I haven't wrote ours for a while but not a lot of games being played, I'll try and get one up for the weekend, to rejuvinate our daft's waning enthusiasm!

Since i have joined Real Madrid...

I have Signed.
    Franck Ribery - From FC Bayern
    Jerome Boateng - From FC Bayern
    Sergio Araujo - From Boca

I sold
    Ashley Cole - To Marseille i think.
    And Altintop to someone..

I play a 4-3-1-2

Casillas

Marcelo / Coentrao
    Pepe
    Varane
    Ramos

Ribery
    Alonso
    Di Maria

Ronaldo

Benzema
    Higuain / Osvaldo

Subs:
    Barbosa
    Carvalho
    Sahin
    Khedira

I lost the supercup to Barcelona.
    I am 2nd in the league to barca, but have a game in hand, which if i win, i will go top. keeping my 100% record.Think i have played 8 or 9 games.

I am through in the Champions League Group Stage, winning the group, with a game to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz
    Barca

What a great manager they must have...

to stick with a theme in hamachi chat

"self praise is no recommendation"

here's the save - http://www.4shared.com/file/c9ex_yBb/Champ-Men.html

The spanish league was first to kick off with the supercup game between the two human managers, so it will be the first I will look at, Here are the players brought in my Patinoz and Wato this season:

So quite a few by Barcelona, and here are Madrid's investments:

Super Cup Games

The first game was a tight affair, a goal apeice at full time, Ribery and Xavi proving their worth with commanding performances, setting up a highly anticipated return leg at the Camp Nou

Barcelona were just too much for Wato to overcome on their own patch and the first silverware of the year goes to Pati. Ramos and Ronaldo were left wondering what happened as individually they had good games, but the teamwork and togetherness of the Barcelona team won out in the end.

Spanish Cup Draw

Here is the draw for the Copa del Rey:

Selected players from the managed teams

I have shown here a chosen player that was bought and is living up to their pricetag, and another chosen member of the swuad who has had a nice start to the season. First Real Madrid, the best of their buys so far seems to be Ribery, who has slotted in nicely and has a top av rating and his own share of goals and assists:

What would a madrid write up be without the obligatory Ronaldo photo op

So then to Barca, who's best performer from the batch of "shit players" (to quote Senor Watez, a cousin of the current Madrid manager) is probably Neuer between the sticks, a goalie is obviously one of the most important players in the team and again, this player has slotted in as if he had been there for years:

And again, it would be rude to have the shot of the madrid legendary miracle player if we weren't permitting a photo op for the audacious Barcelona retort:

Both teams had a winning streak ended before the first classico, although Sevilla beating Madrid at home is a reasonable outcome, Patinoz losing at Racing Santander was a bigger turn up for the books, form out the window though, El Grande Classico #1 for the season took place at the Bernebeau:

Leaving the league looking like this:

Would you rather have the points on the board or the games in hand? Barcelona are also playing in the World Competition at the moment, but that will be covered in the next write up, when it has finished.

personal note: 1st sending off for casillas , who could know at the time that this is gonna become a running gag

The Italian league kicked into action with Milan very dominant at the outset, 13 wins in a row was their streak but unsure if this counted last seasons end in that record, Inter have also rose to the business end of the Serie A and Juve are lagging behind already in the early stages of the league, with their fans commenting that Gerard and Pirlo are past it

It is no surprise then that Milan showed Juve what was what when it came to the head to head:

Players Bought

Now for the run down on the transfer activity of the managers in the Serie A. Juve actually granted manager Matthias with the funds he asked for and allowed him to have a go in the transfer market:

His defensive heritage shows in those purchses 5 of these guys are able to play at centre back

Milan spent less but the transfer of Dawson for such a large amount raised a few eyebrows. Manager Gordon Roulston was quoted in the Milan Gazzetta:
    "I don't know what all the fuss is about, the lad is an accomplished defender, he won the UEFA Cup last season as one of the main players for McGraw at Spurs, I think people need to remember that, especially Juventus"

Italian Cup

This one whittles down to the latter stages of the tournament a lot sooner in the season than the other main leagues, here is the current draw with both managers still keeping their teams in the competition:

Selected Players

You know the drill by now, we take a look at the best siging the manager has made, along with another stand-out member of their playing staff so far in the season, Juventus first, they bought Derflinger from Bayern and there was a lot of pressure on the young midfielder, as the Juve faithful now look upon him as the future of the club, he hasn't disappointed though:

The other chosen player is the striker Matri, who has returned from a successful season long loan spell last year and is immediately back in first team action, doing his thing for Juve:

Milan's best siging is arguably the Man Utd youngster Daehli (is this guy real or what, come on guys! )
    Even younger than the impressive Derflinger at Juve, this boys performances defy his tender years, he has become a regular in the first team and a fan favourite at the San Siro already.

Pato is the Milan version of Messi and Ronaldo, again it would be rude to exclude him from a selected players list, he is worth his place though, check out his season so far:

League Table

So the league currently looks like this, the two Milanese teams leading the way with Juve and napoli biting at their heels, who knows what will happen in the months ahead, there are a lot of stern tests in this league, almost every team capable of beating the others "on their day"

Juventus are in the UEFA cup again, after Chelsea stole their rightful place in the Champions League this season, the UEFA Cup will be covered from the quarter final stage if they are still competing in it.

So last but not least, the English Premiership, still our most subscribed league but not to the extent of last season, Jonny McGraw the Tottenham manager was found guilty of match fixing and shares a cell with Moggi Robert Campion, the former Arsenal manager has had a mental breakdown and now lives at a facility on the outskirts of London where the staff can give him the care that he needs

Players Bought

Manchester City picked up a lot of players as usual in the summer and there was a lot of dealings with Juventus in particular, with defenders going either way in a swap deal, there was also the small matter of Iniesta pulling on the blue shirt. Can anyone stop the Blue Moon?

Liverpool done some spending of their own and Fabiano was the name to appease the restless fans of the sleeping giant, they have however secured their place in the Champions league and surely more signings will follow in the months ahead

Chelsea also splashed out, the recession doesn't seem to exist in champmanland at all
    Again eyebrows were raised over a few of his signings, but manager Gareth Rainey, affectionately known to the Stamford Bridge faithful as "G Funk" declared:

"Our scouts have been watching these players for many months in some cases and we are certain that they are of the highest calibre, we already have a superb squad but these players will add things and give me additional options this season"

Charity Shield

David McClelland continued on his rampage of the English top didvision this autumn, and duly thrashed Manchester United in the Charity shield to get the season off to winning ways, manager Welsh Red has mysteriously disappeared without a trace, there was a crazy story in the Weekly World News that Manchester United were experimenting with a time portal device to bring players in from alternate Universes, the likes of John Charles and Eusebio were rumoured to be targets. Then again this paper doesn't carry much weight in journalistic circles and is widely regarded as a "joke paper" perhaps WelshRed will turn up again someday, for now, here's the match report

These certainly don't look like WelshRed's tactics though:

Manager Vs Manager

Here we must report the player vs player matches, it can be said that holiday have blighted the English division this season but I can see interest starting to peak again now that the season is ramping up. "Here we must report" is the phrase chosen becuse it is basically more of the same. Blue Moon McClelland romping on, even while on holiday, demolshing all comers and tightening his grip on the premiership trophy. Come on guys! Challenge him!

Premier League Table

League Cup

Here is the league cup draw, The FA Cup will feature in a later update, as the screen is massive, it's only round 1. No need for extra screens, like the UEFA, we will report on it when it becomes a big part of someone's season.

Selected Players

Once again the selected player section returns for the English edition, first we look at Man City, and of course Iniesta will not let you down if you can manage to tempt him to your club:

and Sergio is still striking fear into the hearts of defenders up and down the country

As far as Liverpool go, the impressive Defour has made a quality start to his Liverpool career, the young generation of centre midfielder seems to be a theme with managers this season, Liverpool have got a guy here that while still young, is also accomplished and renowned, he should be a great player for them (at least until 2014 ):

and Glen Johnson has been nothing short of amazing this season, doing his manager proud and staking his claim for the england right back place on a full time basis:

Chelsea have found a rather good player in Lewis Holtby, brought in from Schalke. Although still officially a fringe player, many stalwarts of the London club are swooning over the guys raw talent, time will tell how good he can be for the club but when he gets his games he has done the business so far:

Torres, well, is Torres. It's champman, deal with it

So like I said, the leagues are getting interesting, check back for more soon

The Champions League

There are a few clubs still in the champions league. Well, to be more precise there is 1 manager that ISN'T in the Champions League but then those cockney wideboys lagged their way in and that was that for Juve, who were tarnished anyway after the incident with Tottenham in the UEFA Final last season. It beggars belief that UEFA allowed the club to remain in the competition but this has been played down by all parties, apparently Juventus are still a big draw for a second rate competition

Anyway, here is the 2nd group stages of the Champions league, a couple of teams have met in the competition and I get the feeling there will be less holidays in the coming weeks, especially after this

I know Daft had other affairs and couldn't help but holiday but all is not lost anyway, there are still two thirds of the games left in the group stage (2nd stage)

Current Group Standings

more will follow later in the season...

FML

full attendance, top quality lads.

I think we need to re-instate daft as host though, here's the save :- http://www.4shared.com/file/n_YVhlCJ/Champ-Men.html

why wouldn't it? I'll be in anyway. The save is taking a very long time to upload because of my crap connection at the moment, it's saying roughly an hour left to upload it

Sorry, just got it finished now after internet connection problems - http://www.4shared.com/file/vnal2XSo/Champ-Men.html

Ok, I'll get this posted right away this time - http://www.4shared.com/file/glHR-VKW/Champ-Men_2.html

Good session tonight lads, what a start by Janis as well with Inter.

Ref's trying to cheat me out of La Liga title and give it to shitty real but it needs more than that to beat Barca

Good sesh lads, really enjoyed it
    Not one call to dig on all night

Here's the save - http://www.4shared.com/file/sCx-3SZ-/Champ-Men.html

Quote Originally Posted by Patinoz
    just got a call from head office.

apparently Barcelona's "Fans Player of the Year Award" goes to Iker Casillas this season.
    good times

Here ya go: - http://www.4shared.com/rar/lRsn_5Vq/Champ-Men.html

Not sure if I can make it Wednesday, I still have the dreaded trip to town to buy Christmas bullshit.

Hopefully I can be there by 10PM though if the stress of the city centre doesn't make me take refuge in one of the many taverns in Belfast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.