Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Inception of Clan 01-02

316'sRegen Unattached

The Inception of Clan 01-02

how did the network forum start? The original thread is in the old site with the original clan game, i hope to be able to move it here soon.
    Last edited by 316'sRegen; 16-03-12 at 02:42 AM.

Game Rules

Times of Play
    Game to start week beginning 26th September 2011.
    Game will run either one or two days a week on an ongoing basis.
    If the majority choose one day a week, Thursday will be the day of play, for 3 hours.
    If the majority choose two days a week, Wednesday and Sunday will be the days of play, for 2 hours each night.
    The game will take place in the evenings, 10pm being the start time.

Absent Players
    Any manager not signed in at the start time will be automatically holidayed.
    Players joining in late will still be able to return from holiday and continue.

Save Game
    Obviously the host will have a save game file of the game on their hard drive.
    The host must send the .sav file to at least 2 other managers in the game, meaning we are never relying solely on one person to keep the game running.
    This needs to be done within 24hrs of saving the game (probably best to make it part of the process of shutting down at the end of the session)

Hosting
    The host will be chosen before the first night, daftorbital has volunteered for this, happy enough for him to host.
    I have had 3 managers in a game and had no problems, more than this has not been tested so if we have to do a bit of trial and error to evaluate the best host, this will happen on the first session.
    If a host knows they can't make a session they should advise one of the other game save holders to host in their place, prior to the game night.

Tactics
    No wib/wob tactics please.
    Bidding for players you don't even want to buy in order to unsettle them is unsportsmanlike

Game Pace
    This is one that we will have to sort out in play. Whilst everyone understands there will be a bit of wheeling and dealing at the start, squad evaluating and so on, there needs to be a nice pace to the game and as such once the season starts full flow a few minutes per turn (between match days) should be sufficient.
    There is chat in the game and in Hamachi and I'm sure managers will make themselves heard if they think others are slowing things up.
    This is something that will ultimately be decided by the players.

Game Settings
    Hosts must change their settings to save the game every month at the longest, if there is a crash this will minimize data loss.
    Host can decide if they want maximum database or normal database setting.

Data Set
    We will be using the new ODB update (sep 2011) and Tapani patch 2.19

Looking forward to tonight men,
    Robbie serving his ban and hopefully the pace will be good, let's rip through the matches tonight, continue button all the way
    "DIG IT"

Oh yeah, check out the menubar for our clan game, just figured out there is an image button on the CMS there duh! duh!

You sellin this guy Jonny? As you can see he is flying in my other game, and with 19 stamina he last the whole 90 mins no bother, unlike any other 16 yr old i've seen in the game

Yeah he's a smashing player. In my other game when i seen his stats i couldn't believe it and stuck him in the team, not only was I happy with the goals I was amazed at his stamina/fitness as he never really gets tired or drops below 90% fitness.

Really enjoyed last night guys it was moving at a nice pace and the banter was great with the manchester and liverpool teams. Robbie to return next time and sorry to dakitheking but I think we should keep the numbers where they are until we complete the first season.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Also could daftorbital upload the game to sendspace or 4shared or any of those places so we can have a few gameholders. I have started taking a few screenshots of the stand out players in each team (Falcao, Tevez & Aguero, Welbeck, the host of Liverpool youngsters, Chelsea starlet Josh McCeacheran so far) but would like to go in and grab league tables, match reports from games where humans played each other or where upsets occurred etc and have a good ol' update on here showing off our game so it would be handy to have a copy to do that.

Welsh we saved it up last night before you had any further matches as per the original rules it wouldn't have been fair to holiday you through a game when you had already agreed the extra half hour and it expired

See you all Sunday

Yesterday was the best session yet. moved along at a good pace and we are entering the business end of the season now

On Dakitheking, who would like to join, my thoughts are like yours Chris. so no can do im afraid until next season

Chris regading screenshots etc, i was going to post a few up towards the end of the season and then at the conclusion too. i think sending tapanified databases thhrough uploaders is not a good idea from my experience on FCA.

Sunday should be another good session

NETWORK CLAN GAME SCREENIES -

Daftorbital - Liverpool

Welshred - Man Utd

Chris 3.16 - Juventus

Jonny Mcgaw - Tottenham

Dave Mclleland - Man City

Gareth Rainey - Chelsea

Wobbie - Arsenal

Falcao, a great buy for Jonny, that has seen him shoot up into the running for the euro spots

Nothing left to play for daft except the euro spots.

Didn't think it was that bad the crash was annoying but 4 teams flied the flag!
    Jonny declined to comment but the rest were brash to the end

here is the draw for europe, you don't need to worry about that though

didn't get time to grab many screens or would have had the UEFA as well but i did get the crash (the recurring one I have because two players are on the same PC):

Man Utd through to Champ League Semi

Juve and Spurs in Eufa Final, that's all I can remember and I can't check fuck all as the game hasn't been shared STILL.

Daftorbital can't play on Sunday, he asked for the game to be moved to Saturday this week to accomodate him which no-one could do, everyone can only commit to the original agreed times. The link to the game needs to be posted here mate so we can all continue on in your absence.

If you aren't going to share the game and we don't get playing on Sunday, I'm out. (Echoes of Duncan Bannatyne there )
    Don't ruin it for everyone, you can't win anything anyway this season daft so let us all finish our season off.

Wowser i got the Clan coming down hard and fast

Firstly, voila, i have now been able to upload the save game. There was some issues with it uploading the other day and havnt tried since, as busy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/osp04v

Just some other points i would like to go over Chris as wouldnt want any bad vibes -

1. I can play sunday but due to many other commitments its going to be a long old slog( i refuse to holiday at such a crucial stage as i do have alot to play for ie: the tense battle for 4th) however i will probably put myself on holiday at end of season to then concentrate on the other things i am doing. If i am off for any unreasonable amounts of time(that means not the first person to say 'oi hurry up daft' ) then i will holiday from that point.

2. i did not know that these were the only times we could ALL play..sorry bout that.

3. I do not think i am ruining anything for anyone....and will not.

Okie doke thats me done. will post up a couple of screenies later...

Oh and Chris i dont think you will have to use your Duncan Bannatyne impression

thats all from me

Daft

Ok Here's the update as promised.
    David couldn't be stopped in his first attempt for silverware and the League Cup is now on display in the "insert sponsor here" Stadium

Unlucky Gareth! However the main event had not the same outcome, the European Cup saw the two manchester teams drawn out to gether and Man City were at home first:

Total dominance seemed a foregon conclusion, until:

The return leg replicated the score and even after extra time, the manchester teams were deadlocked. PK's then:

The leagues deadliest strikeforce couldn't score a penalty betweeen them!
    Chelsea got through their tie against Marseille also and here is the semi final:

So come on guys, turn over the spaniards and you meet in the final! Speaking of meeting in finals there are two other finals to be contested by human managers:

Last but not least here is the current standings.

See yous on Sunday for the conclusion of the season !

Let's get this UEFA cup back to the delle alpi (stadio olymipco de torino?)

Also let me know guys if you are all happy to allow new managers after the season ends?

As robbie would say, now it's "squeaky bum time!"

See you all later

Good finish to the season, Jonny showed the old Lady what's what in the Uefa and Man City dominated England while the Chelsea Pensioners picked up the Champions League.

Daft can you update the sendspace file to the current savegame, or is there a new link?

We all just left the game open last night for you to save when you came back.

Latest Savegame folks.......

http://www.sendspace.com/file/udfwyu

see ya all tomorrow. i reckon half hour for pre season and then get cracking. maximum 1 friendly

Ok chaps,
    here's the final update for the season, seeing as it skipped on a wee bit there is no final league table, but i grabbed a few of the records that show how dominant, and dirty, Man City were in the first season.

Here he was again in the FA Cup beating Jonny to the silverware:

Chelsea, although not in great form in the premier league last season managed to haul the best trophy of the lot, overturning perennial over acheivers, Barcelona.

Lastly, didn't really want to post this one
    Jonny McGraw's Spurs give Juve a lesson in the UEFA cup final:

Gordon has taken over AC Milan, and i remember vaguely drunken chat in the shoutbox that Luis Russo may also join us this evening. Should be good craic.

I can't see it being as slow this time around, but in pre season there can't be as many calls to "dig on" as you lot will be signing players
    Juve can't afford to sign players, we use our pre-season for match fixing meetings - incidentally Spurs still haven't completed the payment for the UEFA final

see you all at 10

I think it's July already due to us all leaving the game running on holiday last session so the pre-season, intertoto etc is about to kick off soon.

Gordon threw a hissy last night and said he wants removed from the game so yeah your £20M looks good Jonny.That Spurs team has took some rent over the course of the game, I was laughing at him paying £20M for Dawson!

Welsh, hope the kids are good mate, man flu is for wimps

I am actually working now so may not be about for a few of the sessions coming up, Matthias may be a holidayer in the coming weeks, will get my hours later and clarify. I will, of course, still aim to do the updates with screenshots each session to include the brand new season 2 menubar

Also, don't know if this will interest you guys but Mark is wanting to revive the PS3 play between members. fifa game friday night - http://champman0102.co.uk/forum/show...45046&posted=1

the next one ?

it will take probably about 6-7 weeks a season, best get in now mate. A few posts back there the player teams were listed and every other team is available. Daft will have a hernia if it is as slow this time though so I would ask that if you are joining this week you come on early (about 9pm) and either he or I will host and let you pick a team and do your business

Once 10pm hits we want to be "digging on" - the network game catchphrase, you'll get used to that
    (continue button all the way to match day)

There is always time while others play their matches to tweak your team and to poach each others players/coaches/scouts

Please read the rules about halfway down page 2 of this thread as well, we don't want another wib/wob scandal

See you there mate

yep. Nice. I will be on about 9:10pm on Wednesday.

I'll go with Real Madrid or Barca or Napoli or Inter if i must be in a league with others in.
    But i dont mind.

it dunt take me long to sort stuff out either. I'm a quick player.

Cheers

Great stuff,
    your choice mate no rules on playing in same league, i was the only italian league manager last season.

To get into your team, you just click your team name in the manager status screen. It allows you to make changes and you can find other teams from there if you know who you want to bid for. All functions aren't active like player/staff search etc but it lets you have a butchers anyway and know who is surplus to requirements, promote reserves and watonot.

I'm a quick player.
    I got all logged on with Chris last night.
    And got a look at the game.

Barca still had everyone.
    Madrid had lost Mesut Özil to Man Utd, but that was it.

So i will be Madrid, and Patinoz can be Barca.

Nice. El classico....

i'm joining 2nite / 2moro night.
    I am gona be Madrid, I think Patinoz wanted Barca.

U dont need any update. Just the proper Patch. The v3.9.68.

Then download Hamachi and open it and join the group. Then use the tutorial on here to get ur IP address matched.

Then just load CM, and join network game!

Here is the latest savegame folks. see you all around 9.00 pm, especially the newbies

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9f5owu

ok daft, here's the new game for you to host:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/_EkXdcjt/Champ-Men.html

includes the new additions

It does start at 10.

Daft usually loads the game up a bit early for anyone that wants a look without continuing.

I'll be there for 9:30/9:45 for the main event, lets keep it movig tonight, anyone fancy joining the Luciano Moggi tournament? All proceeds wil go to our former general manager's family, now that he is incarcerated

Man City have accepted, 2 more spaces....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.