vCash
    It worked
    Cheers guys

vCash
    Its if your total squad count drops below 35, no matter what quality,

vCash
    Best Thread Ever

vCash
    I have experienced this quite a lot on my save - I didn't realise it was due to not having 35 players?!

I tend to try and keep the first team to 22.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Its if your total squad count drops below 35, no matter what quality,
    This isn't true. I've had players in my squad who are worried about lack of squad depth at the same time as other players saying there's too many players, it comes down to how many players you have in a certain position

I've had a squad with 48 players and had players complain about lack of squad depth, because we'll be lacking players in a particular position.

Whereas I've had a squad of 26 players with players complaining that there's too much competition for a place in the team, because we'll have too many players in a particular position

It also depends on club reputation. If you're at a really tiny club they won't complain about lack of squad depth even if you only have 5 players

vCash
    I've found that signing a couple of older players 34 plus on free's or low fee's helps fix this. Offer them back-up and they usually accept and don't kick off when they never play a game.

vCash
    I sign about 10-12 young players who will never find a first team place, with low salary, and i offer them 10-year contracts (using tapani patch).
    That's the way i avoid the problem for years.

vCash

Unhappy players

Hi guys,

Any tips on how to get unhappy players happy again? Im playing as Las Palmas and a few new signings are 'finding it hard to adjust to to the Spanish lifestyle'.....

vCash

vCash
    Send them on leave of absence and transfer list them

vCash
    That's a trick that sometimes works for me - Send them away for 2 weeks whilst transfer listing them, when they come back, they sometimes lose that unhappiness.

vCash
    Cocaine and hot chicks also help to settle in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcoolix View Post
    Cocaine and hot chicks also help to settle in
    Girls or sell them

vCash
    I've never managed to get a player that hasn't settled to become happy. Maybe I don't give them long enough, but if they are unhappy then they won't sign a new contract so I don't have much choice. I keep them until they have 1 year left on their contract, then sell them. Better than letting them go for nothing
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    I tried Fods advice, to send them on leave of absence and it worked once. Nicklas Stark (Germany) adjusted to my Southampton team after that.
    For two other players, didn't work.
    When i tried to send Luan (Brazi) on leave of absence and also transfer listed him, he had offers, and finally returned adjusted but "unhappy for not allowed to move clubs".

vCash
    Eventually today after playing an unhappy game loads, he lost his unhappiness

Still have 5 or 6 that are unhappy though.

Sent a player on leave of absense and he didnt come back! When he eventually did it said it has upset the team hahaha

vCash
    Fine their asses, be a dicktator, they will love it.

vCash
    Top tip, don't sign jolly foreigner, #britishisbest #brexit #faragenumberone #trumptrumpstrump

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jediben View Post
    Top tip, don't sign jolly foreigner, #britishisbest #brexit #faragenumberone #trumptrumpstrump
    better be joking.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Esp them dutch fuckers, hard work them!

vCash
    My most annoying message is on a super long term Barry Town save where I am over 30 seasons into the game reaching the Champions league second group stage every year and winning virtually every domestic trophy each season. As a result of my overwhelming success I have a stack of players involved in international games as well as all the postponements for progression cup competitions.

about a quarter to a third of the way into the season I may have played a third of the amount of league games the rest of the division has played meaning even winning every match I am mid-table at best. My players then start complaining that the league position is disappointing or should be topping the table when the thick muppets obviously failed basic maths in not understanding that it would be impossible for the club to be doing better at that time.

Related to that I have a huge squad whereby my 3rd 11 is more than capable of winning the domestic league easily so my 1st choice players who make up my champions league line up rarely play more than 10 out of 34 league games. It annoys me that I have my games postponed during the international window as those players would be rested at that time anyway and the game should have allowed you the option of NOT postponing fixtures.

vCash
    As for the problems with settling in when moving to a new country, seeing this post in the screenshots thread made me think that it will be better if they have a fella from their home country in the team. I also usually try to have assistant coaches that speaks many different languages so that the players will have at least one lad in the staff that they can talk to in their mother tongue. I like to imagine that it helps settling in.

vCash
    Nothing worse than chasing a player for years, then finally agreeing a Bosman deal....wait all season then as soon as he is in your squad....Cant adapt to the country....arrrghh!!

Maxi Arnold every single time!!

vCash
    Got a very interesting one yesterday. I finally fined my wonderkid who had missed training at least four times previously (and complained about not being respected each time I gave him an official warning) and he immediately asked for a transfer. I thought, "Fair enough, I'll just cash in as your performances are erratic anyway" and he signed almost immediately for Milan. However, the transfer window is closed right now so he's just waiting to go and I dumped him in the reserves. A day later he announced he was trying to have his contract cancelled through some kind of fair employment scheme. He's been nothing but a little sh*t, so I don't expect that to happen, but I'll be annoyed if I don't get the transfer fee we agreed with Milan. Anyone seen this before?

vCash
    Sporting just cause. I've seen it twice, but both times FIFA turned it down.

Sporting just cause is defined in Article 15 FIFA Transfer Regulations as follows:
    “An established Professional who has, in the course of the Season, appeared in less than 10% of the Official Matches in which his club has been involved may terminate his contract prematurely on the grounds of sporting just cause. Due consideration shall be given to the player’s circumstances in the appraisal of such cases. The existence of sporting just cause shall be established on a case-by case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed, though compensation may be payable. A Professional may only terminate his contract on this basis in the 15 days following the last Official Match of the Season of the club for which he is registered.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12