Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unhappy Players

vCash

Unhappy Players

I have 2 unhappy players having personal problems and after winning the greek title, they are still this way. Is there a way for them to be happy again? It affects the dressing room atmosphere and i'd like them to address whatever issue they have. One of them also is unhappy with his manager because i turned down a transfer bid. Both of them were upset with a teammate who asked for better players in the team, both felt good when i transfer listed that player and both missed a training (or were late) just after that outburst. I gave a leave on one of them but he is still unhappy.

vCash
    Sometimes they come around eventually, and only then if they're playing games. The best solution is to sell them and make it someone else's problem!

vCash
    If they missed trainin, it means that they have low professionalism and are therefore trouble.

If you rejected a transfer request, they will not recover from that. You won't get them to sign a new deal so they will go, it just depends on how much you can get for them and when.

Upset with a team mate, they will recover from .... when that other player goes. You have a choice, which one do you want long term them or the other player.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    I've had players get over not being allowed to move clubs, takes a while but it usually happens for me (when I decide to keep them anyways).

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    I've had players recover from me rejecting transfer bids too...

vCash
    I still have a player who recovered after some bids were rejected, i know it can be fixed. With these 2, it seems more complex. I don't know how they got their personal problems, is it a vague thing or related to something specific? In this case, one of the unhappy players, the DC, at the same time is happy that i took action against the outburst of the other player and he is still disliking him after 4 months, the other one, the DL, doesn't dislike him anymore. Ι always thought that the personal problem quote is not related to something that happened in the team. That's why, when i rejected the bid, i got the line "unhappy with his manager", so the personal problem is something else and came first anyway. I will give them a leave and i'll wait till summer, hoping they will be good and in the meantime, if a new bid comes for my DL, i will accept it, i maybe even sell him later. As for the other guy that accused his teammates, if no bid comes and if that dislike of the DC goes away, i might keep him. That's why i love this game, because it makes me think and makes me want to decide this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by foo_jam2002; 26-09-14 at 09:04 PM. Reason: clarity of the text

vCash
    yes yes yes Mr World-footbller-of-the-year, in hindsight, signing a 10 year contract to for payment of packet of crisps and a copy of The Sun so you can look at the page 3 girl's tits does look somewhat foolish now you are no longer 16, but fuck you, it's legally binding and no, I'm not EVER going to offer you better terms. You can be unhappy about it.

vCash
    I almost never find sending players on a leave of absence works. The best option if you don't want to sell is to play them as much as possible.

vCash
    It annoys me when players are unhappy but I don't find it impacts on their performance or the performance of the team, so I just ignore it! The only problem is if their contract is coming to an end and you want them to sign a new deal...

I get "Wants a new challenge" a lot because I don't do much wheeling and dealing so players tend to stay at my club for a long time, and I don't think there's any way to fix that

EDIT: And by that time I'm usually winning the Champions League most seasons too, so maybe that contributes to the lack of challenge
    Last edited by kuy; 25-09-14 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    Shove them in the reserves.

There's a new challenge, getting back in the first XI!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    Shove them in the reserves.

There's a new challenge, getting back in the first XI!

vCash
    Indeed, the leave of absence didn't work. And i played them in almost every game, they are first team anyway.

So, my DL is a total mess. In order:
    1.he was unhappy after an outburst of a teammate
    2.he was glad when i took action against him
    3.he wanted to be treated with more respect when i fined him for turning up late for training
    4.he was unhappy with me when i declined a bid for him
    5.he was upset for losing his place in the team
    6.he requested to be tranfer listed after i warned him for another fitness worry, he said he wanted to work with a different manager, he wanted to leave for personal reasons and he thought he had been treated unfairly
    7.the next day he was happy to stay, no more unhappy with me, so, showing empathy, i gave him a leave and he failed to return, so it's bye bye now.

My DC returned from his leave also disliking the DL (besides disliking the disheartened one who asked for better teammates, he is leaving soon anyway). Both are still having personal problems. So, when the DL and the other disheartened player leave, i'm waiting to see if my DC stops having personal problems, i tend to think this quote is unrelated to various situations in the team, i don't know if someone can confirm this. Unfortunately, i can't ignore these quotes, personal problems and dislikes, i want the perfect dressing room atmosphere!

vCash
    I suspect (an editor or scouting tool will confirm) that the sheer number of moans points to a problem with one of the hidden attributes (certainly missing training = low professionalism). The general unhappyness could also point to low loyalty, temperament or sportsmanship). Either way, what you have is a problem player and it is upto you to decide how valuable they are to your side. You could live with them being unhappy (and risk squad unity) or get rid and bring in a replacement.

On the renewing contracts for unhappy players, if there is a player that I want to keep long term, I give them a long contract, Usually until after their 33rd birthday when the physical attributes start to go. That done, they can be as unhappy as they like, but they are going nowhere unless I want them to.

Control Freak ? Me ? Never !

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    In my CM life, I've found that regardless of how important a player is, once they are unhappy due to personal issues (not including refusing to sell them), I drop them and sell them ASAP so they don't demotivate the rest of the squad. I'm the boss and I'm ruthless when it comes to less than perfect behaviour from my squad.

That being said, if I refuse to sell an important guy and he gets unhappy, I just keep playing him until he snaps out of it.... of course I immediately go over potential replacements to see if I can find someone better.... but after a month or so, the original guy is usually happy again, especially if we're winning

vCash
    Well, my research into the "has personal problems" quote is ongoing, i'll try to see if i can find a solid explanation from different cases. My 2 players who were unhappy, initially because of this vague reason, are gone from the team due to low professionalism that they showed, as The Eejit has said. So, i made them someone else's problem, as BobMem suggested. But from the day they joined their new teams, they are instantly happy to stay at the club, no more personal problems! I don't know what to think and not only that, but one of them is an inspiration to his new club, with quotes from his teammates that he is essential to the club. So far, they are not a headache for their new coaches but i feel better since they're gone from my club, they turned out to be bad news.

Mohsin is offline Hot Prospect for the Future

vCash

Unhappy Players

If foreign players don't adapt to a new country, is it worth selling them on? or should I stick with them even if they remain unhappy?

How much negative impact does it have on the team and their individual performance?

Thanks!

vCash
    I usually give some weeks off to the players that need and then I see what it does.

Even when they don't appear, if all other players are ok with that, I will keep him.

If not... you need to control the squad. That's a mistake I made when I got back to my game... didn't do that as soon as I needed and didn't lost one of my best players cause he accepted an huge raise in his salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohsin View Post
    If foreign players don't adapt to a new country, is it worth selling them on? or should I stick with them even if they remain unhappy?

How much negative impact does it have on the team and their individual performance?

Thanks!
    Unhappiness doesn't impact on performance (look at moral. low moral does). What you won't get is an unhappy player signing a new contract, so you need to watch for when that is going to end and decide if his value to the team is worth letting him leave for nothing.

vCash

Unhappy player

I have several unhappy players in my squad who think I don't have enough depth in my team. I have plenty. Does this actually affect the way that they play or are they just more likely to want to leave the club?

vCash
    It's a ruse. They just want better contracts, cheeky bastards

vCash
    depends what mood im in playing the game...i have no rhyme or reason to my actions!!!...

vCash

Players unhappy, they want more squad depth???

Hey guys,
    I often get a problems with players being unhappy cuz they think team should have more squad depth.
    I tried with offering them new contract, they are ok with that for a few days, then back to unhappy.
    Any suggestions?
    Cheers

vCash
    I'll take a stab in the dark and say sign a few players

316'sRegen Unattached
    Yeah, even if you sign a bunch of free transfers that will never get anywhere near the first team, this will sort it out

vCash
    It may be better to sign just 1 or 2 big names though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast