Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Applying for jobs abroad

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Dear Saturn,

One thousand thank yous!

It's amazing individuals like yourself that make this an outstanding community.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Dear Saturn,

One thousand thank yous!

It's amazing individuals like you that make this an outstanding community.

Cheers!

Apply for jobs

Why cant i get ANY of the jobs i apply for?

I've won Conference League, 3. Division, 2 Division and my rep in England is very good. Still i dont get offered any jobs i apply to..... I've tried to apply for better team than my current and I've tried applying far worse team just to check. I've applied for other jobs while I still was managing a team and also tried resigning from my current team, but still no jobs offered. I litirally applied for every team in every division in England just to check if someone would offer me a job.... NOTHING!

Why??

What's your nationality?

I ran into this issue in my Atletico save where I won everything for 18 years and my rep was highest of all managers in the world. But.... I'm Dutch, so that's what I chose for nationality, and in this game (at least the standard game) the AI heavily prefers managers that have the nationality of the country the club resides in. So when I finished my challenge, I tried to get a new job. Barcelona didn't want me, Deportivo didn't want me. Even Celta, who were at the bottom of the Segunda Division, still didn't want me. They even hired a complete newbie over the best manager in the world. So I cheated. I downloaded the savegame editor from the download section of this forum, and gave myself Spanish as second nationality. And a few months later applied at Barca when they again kicked their manager out, and this time they happily offered me the position.

So if your nationality is anything different than English, perhaps just edit your save and give yourself English as second nationality.
    Or check the forum for patches. I know this issue was fixed somewhere, but I'm not sure which patch you need. Someone else can probably help you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    What's your nationality?

I ran into this issue in my Atletico save where I won everything for 18 years and my rep was highest of all managers in the world. But.... I'm Dutch, so that's what I chose for nationality, and in this game (at least the standard game) the AI heavily prefers managers that have the nationality of the country the club resides in. So when I finished my challenge, I tried to get a new job. Barcelona didn't want me, Deportivo didn't want me. Even Celta, who were at the bottom of the Segunda Division, still didn't want me. They even hired a complete newbie over the best manager in the world. So I cheated. I downloaded the savegame editor from the download section of this forum, and gave myself Spanish as second nationality. And a few months later applied at Barca when they again kicked their manager out, and this time they happily offered me the position.

So if your nationality is anything different than English, perhaps just edit your save and give yourself English as second nationality.
    Or check the forum for patches. I know this issue was fixed somewhere, but I'm not sure which patch you need. Someone else can probably help you out there.

Real heroes dont always wear capes! Im norwegian, so got to change that... Thx for the tips, i'll try it right away
    Last edited by pebbel; 11-05-20 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebbel View Post
    Real heroes dont always wear capes! Im norwegian, so got to change that... Thx for the tips, i'll try it right away
    I'm sure it will help a lot.

Next game you start, maybe think about in which country you may want to get a new job, and start with that nationality. Saves a lot of trouble.
    PS. I always forget to do that, and just automatically click Dutch, and then proceed to regret it afterwards....

Make sure that your nationality (or second nationality) is the same as the league where you want a job.
    Also check your CA/PA. If they are too low then you will never get a job.
    Both can be changed by using the GK Editor or CM Explorer.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

The bug is fixed in Nick/Saturn's patches

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The bug is fixed in Nick/Saturn's patches
    See, I knew there'd be a CM god around here somewhere who just knows this stuff by heart.

Fixing foreign jobs issue

Hi all,

I am playing ODB and canít get a decent job anywhere but England, as my nationality is English. From reading the forum I see a suggestion is give myself a 2nd nationality, using CM Explorer or GK editor.

Due to me not being able to remove my CMís folderís read-only status, I canít use these editors (from looking online this stuck-on-read-only thing seems to be quite a common problem in Win 10, and I just canít work out a way around it).

So I thought Iíd use a patch instead. I understand Nickís patch and Saturnís patch would fix the foreign jobs issue. My question is do these patches work on existing saved games? And if I use the Saturn patch, which version should I download? I see there are a few versions in the download section.

Thanks everyone

Saturn V9 is latest

Needs to be on a new save

jobs in other countries

hi guys
    does anyone know if nick's, Saturn's, or any other patches work on existing saves? I want to change my nationality to help get other jobs. I use odb.
    i know I could use saved game editors in theory, but I have an issue with Windows not allowing me to take my cm folder off read only
    Thanks

Saturn's wont as it needs a special data folder.
    Why not ask in the patches forum. (ask in the thread for Nick's patch) I'm sure that someone there will know.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Hi,

First ever post here and apologies if this is a stupid question. I have no coding experience or real undertsanding of how the updates all work.

I want to be able to play the game with ODB but take advantage of this particular change. How can I do that?

When I look for Saturns recent work it all seems to apply to using the database updates, which I don't want to do. Does Tapani2.21.1 encompass this update? Does just using nicks patcher make this change?

Quote Originally Posted by TezNutkins View Post
    Hi,

First ever post here and apologies if this is a stupid question. I have no coding experience or real undertsanding of how the updates all work.

I want to be able to play the game with ODB but take advantage of this particular change. How can I do that?

When I look for Saturns recent work it all seems to apply to using the database updates, which I don't want to do. Does Tapani2.21.1 encompass this update? Does just using nicks patcher make this change?

Maybe better to use NIck's patch which is recent - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661

So - follow this

Install game
    Install 3.9.68 path (remove bugs from original game)
    Apply Nick's patch and choose what you want

Thanks a lot. Got confused by all the information.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TezNutkins For This Useful Post:

Another stupid question/request perhaps...

I play with .68 and none of the patches - I just like the original with no bells and whistles. I've used Olly to get rid of some of the bugs like 3rd/4th place crashes but can't find any Olly code for .68 to make getting jobs easier.

So...can anyone help me out?

Apply for another job

Hi

I'm playing a game where you guys are 10 seasons away.

I can not be allowed to apply as a coach for Barcelona, even though they have no coach.

Anyone know why ??

Quote Originally Posted by trengt View Post
    Hi

I'm playing a game where you guys are 10 seasons away.

I can not be allowed to apply as a coach for Barcelona, even though they have no coach.

Anyone know why ??
    Have you chosen Spain as a playable league?

Hi

Yes, and can also apply for other jobs in Spain, but just not Barcelona.

The game probably thinks the Barcelona B manager is also the first team manager. This happens is both the A and B team have a manager set in the editor.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456