Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Flex 2 / JLCollection / JLPatch Queries

Does anyone know why I'm getting crazy values and how to make them normal?!

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

crazy values for what?

Hugo9 is offline Hot Prospect for the Future

Are you sure you've selected your cm0102.exe? I've only ever seen crazy values like that when I selected cm0102_GDI.exe by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by dw82 View Post
    I also can't get these tools to work... even though I have everything set correctly as far as I know (Java up to date, changed path in notepad to java.exe, all relevant parts set to Run as Administrator, not read-only etc).

The instructions in the download from this site say once extracted, run go.bat, is this right? What's supposed to happen when you do that, because when I run it nothing happens.

And when I run the JLPatch.bat file, I get the box that allows you to tick what you want to change, but when I click apply, it says 'Access denied to CM0102.exe'

Any suggestions please?
    If U're using Windows, try Start -> Run -> type "cmd"
    Next, using DOS commands navigate and run JLPatch
    Working fine for me

So, still no solution to "press any key to continue" error?
    The two versions of Flex available for download both give me the same error. :/

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

What error is that Churks? and by that I mean what happens?

Posts 76 and 80 of this thread.

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

I didn't want to have to go back and read.... I'm a lazy man....

I've had a similar error before.... trying to remember why....

Can't remember....

but I do know that with the latest Flex, I had to make sure that the "java" command was actually pointed to java.exe on my computer.... and I have to copy cm0102.exe to my desktop and make my edits there and then copy it back into my CM folder.... but if I remember any specific thing I did to rid myself of that error I'll let you know...

Quote Originally Posted by churky View Post
    So, still no solution to "press any key to continue" error?
    The two versions of Flex available for download both give me the same error. :/
    This is a great solution from Trip, worked for me too, not sure if yours was the same issue...

1. Right-click on the JL Patch icon.
    2. Click Edit. It will open in Notepad.
    3. Among the text you'll see, there will be the single word java, somewhere at the start.
    4. Replace that word with the path to your java.exe on your computer, all in inverted commas, for instance "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe", which is the path on my computer.
    5. Or just upload it on sendspace and I'll help you out. I'd recommend you have a look for yourself afterwards to see how it looks, so you can replicated when you need it.

Thanks, Toppo, it worked! Thanks to CF as well for trying.

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

To be fair, that is what I meant by

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    but I do know that with the latest Flex, I had to make sure that the "java" command was actually pointed to java.exe on my computer....
    but I'm happy you got it working

Yeah, I re-read your post, but this time while paying attention (you're not the only lazy man here) and indeed that's what you said in the first place.

I'm finally using Flex2 and I have a question: what about -1 in prize money? It's a standard value or is like 0?

Hugo9 is offline Hot Prospect for the Future

I've always assumed that was turning the prize off - and that if you set it to zero instead the game will still tell you that you've been awarded 0. Never actually checked though.

Hello guys! Ive recenently started to play with original database for fun, 3.9.68 version. I successfully changed player restrictions for Premier League, but I cant change number of subs from 5 to 7. There is an option in Flex 2, however for Tapani patch only. There is a strange number -112 used as number for subs for English Premier. I tried to change it to 7, but it didnt help. Can anyone please help me? Thank you very much in advance

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

I think JLPatch has some easier and more straight forward options for changing subs.

Thank you for quick reply! Im going to check it

EDIT: Yes, that is much easier, thank you for your advice.

Nothing after command prompt????

Thought I would have a play with some of the downloads from the site. Downloaded GFP3 and after choosing to load a save game, the black screen command prompt comes up and says at the bottom press any key to continue. Do that, the box disappears and then nothing?? I run as administrator, change the compatibility. What am I doing wrong??

i could never get GPF3 to work either, think JL made it using Java so could be somethibng with that beign installed.

GPF2 does exactly the same, just less search options

Is there any resolution to it though???

Install java?

Sorry - I sorted it out!!
    Last edited by Edgars; 03-07-14 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWA View Post
    Hello guys! Ive recenently started to play with original database for fun, 3.9.68 version. I successfully changed player restrictions for Premier League, but I cant change number of subs from 5 to 7. There is an option in Flex 2, however for Tapani patch only. There is a strange number -112 used as number for subs for English Premier. I tried to change it to 7, but it didnt help. Can anyone please help me? Thank you very much in advance
    *checks*

If you don't have the Tapani patch installed you can't edit this value - unless you want to edit the exe manually with Olly.

http://www.ollydbg.de/, required offset is 0x574c06 - not exactly simple, so say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Jack View Post
    Thought I would have a play with some of the downloads from the site. Downloaded GFP3 and after choosing to load a save game, the black screen command prompt comes up and says at the bottom press any key to continue. Do that, the box disappears and then nothing?? I run as administrator, change the compatibility. What am I doing wrong??
    Post some more details - or a screenshot - and I may be able to help. Was the save uncompressed? The tool can't work with a compressed save.

Adding meaninful error messages is BORING! LOL

This program only allows to edit player restrictions in Russian First Division, but not in Russian Premier League - my question is: Would it be possible to add feature to edit player restrictions for Russian Premier League too?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast