Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most ridiculous things you've seen in CM01-02?

Most ridiculous things you've seen in CM01-02?

As evidenced by the picture below, I just spotted in my game that non-league Tamworth have managed to get through to the FA Cup quarter finals (against premier league opposition, no less):

It got me thinking - what's the most ridiculous computer controlled action that you've seen occur in CM01-02? Have a non-league team ever won a cup? Have a lower league team progressed to champion's league winners over a number of seasons? What crazy stuff has happened?

With any luck Tamworth will keep going and we'll see them in the final!

I've seen Maidstone climb all divisions and become prem champs. That was weird.

Well... as the game goes on, I can say that I've seen lots of crazy stuff.

For instance, in the end of 2034-2035 here is the classification of the english 1st division:
    1st Chelsea
    2nd Liverpool
    3rd Manchester United
    8th Arsenal.

I guess that Notts C is the champion of the Premier League but I'm not sure.

I know that I've faced Amora in the champion's league final with Barreirense (two teams from the south side of Tagus River there... impossible).

My brother had Milan with 240 Mc (portuguese coin) in the serie B.

And stuff like that. I don't remember it all but I can check my game. The longer you play, the more weird stuff you see

Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post
    I know that I've faced Amora in the champion's league final with Barreirense (two teams from
    Amora??? WTF... they start lower league Portuguese, right? incredible.

One of the moments is seeing AI going unbeaten whole season. Happened on few occassions for me.

(but after meddling with AI tactics for a bit, I think I can create impossible challenges )

I remember seeing two current lower league English teams both in the CL semi-finals! Might have been in Red9's 100 years save........ can't remember!

Now you made me go missing Red9 .

I had Wales win the World Cup just four seasons into a game - beat England on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the final

Malovaan! Are you back?! Re-creating the Swansea story?!

Quote Originally Posted by kuy View Post
    I had Wales win the World Cup just four seasons into a game - beat England on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the final
    I think that this has happened to me. If they didn't won the world cup, it was the european championship.

Quote Originally Posted by RuiEsteves View Post
    Amora??? WTF... they start lower league Portuguese, right? incredible.
    I must admit that I was wrong. It was the Champion's League semi-final... although they went to the UEFA cup final in the last year I made... but lost.

And yes... I guess that they start in the 2º division B.

Tottenham getting double relegated, Wenger taking Arsenal down.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Malovaan! Are you back?! Re-creating the Swansea story?!
    Mmm, lost the motivation to keep that story going it seems. Perhaps I'll take a look back at it though, we were doing pretty well as I recall!

For now, having a good run as manager of Norwich

The most rediculous happened quite regularly in one of the 2013 updates ...... Ian Holloway always got the United job when SAF retired. Can you imagine !

No screen shot, but I did see a Swedish Cup game between 2 lower league sides finish with both teams in the teens of goals after extra time. Something like 15-13 or 14-12.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Seeing South Korea vs USA in the WC Final - think USA won - but if only it was NORTH, it would have been such a iconic funny moment for me

I just started a new game with the latest update, and noticed Brackley playing in the Intertoto finals in the first season! I was like WTF..? I'm playing in France, although the English leagues are also loaded so I don't really understand why this happened.

Also, I've noticed that the Norwegian team Skotfoss often make the UEFA cup and stuff. They really shouldn't, I've never even heard of them, and I'm Norwegian. They probably play waaaay down the leagues, and I highly doubt they will accomplish anything in Norwegian football for the next twenty years or so.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Brackley are in there on purpose. Saves people giving out about United being in it.

Skotfoss could be the same bug that see's random Turkish club Eyüpspor listed as a major european club after a season (seems to have stopped happening). They were going from a rep of 5 to 15 in one season

I had a weird game once where a Scottish non-league team won the Scottish Cup (I was managing in England at the time), in about season 3, knocking out the Old Firm on the way with either mostly or all grey players.

Can't quite remember which team it was, I might try and find the save game.

World Cup is always a good one. I've had both Scotland and China win it in 2002 (i.e. first season)

Otherwise all the good old transfers. My current one sees Maldini at Bradford in the second division after a season... and happy to midtable away there. Another save I had saw three players called Matthew Le Tissier playing for one of the Oceanian countries... Fiji or whatever

Oh, I've also definitely seen a non-league side win the FA Cup in England in the first season (Hitchin?) but only when playing as a background league. Don't reckon you can trust anything that happens in background mode (and fortunately modern PCs can run all leagues foreground so no problem)!

I don't have the save game this grab is from any more, but I can safely say nothing in 01/02 has ever left me as flabbergasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    World Cup is always a good one. I've had both Scotland and China win it in 2002 (i.e. first season)
    In my most recent game I saw Ireland reach the 2002 final...they lost to Italy though. They had my team's captain playing for them so it was a fairly pleasant surprise. Don't think I've been lucky enough to see anything REALLY crazy happen yet though.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Saipan stopped that from happening irl. Still a big case of 'what might have been' with Roy playing or even knocking the Spanish out.

@Chill: I have seen the yellow cards thing before, may be a patch bug/glitch

I have seen Man Utd relegated from Premiership & take 3 years to come back

Also seen Liverpool go out of the league and never return (not for the 6 years I played on after that anyway)

One event the referees DID get right and the brown envelopes not wasted.

In my save (original game, no patches and updates) Denmark won both European Championship and World Cup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast