Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Low Defender Average Ratings

  1. #1

    Join Date
    26-07-14
    Posts
    3

    Low Defender Average Ratings

    Hello guys,

    I'm playing with Valencia. Sixth season, won two back to back CL, Primera also, build respectable team.

    Leno
    Krafth - Inigo Martinez - Balanta - Goya

    Yokuslu
    Januzaj - Boateng - Muniain

    Volland - Alcacer

    In my first two seasons (when 3rd, 4th in Primera) my CB-a had av.rating at 7.60, and now when I dominate the world they are on 6.80... Everything is the same. normal/attacking, short, hard, pressing. they are on man mark.

    and now I tried everything but with no difference.

    Do you know maybe where is the problem? It frustrates me... Do you maybe have some advice?

    Is it maybe something in Tapani or .68 patch?

    I played this game from 01 to 07 on default game and never had this problem...

    And yeah... you are doing such a great, awesome, brilliant thing with database.. THANK YOU ALL!

    Please if you can help me with this issue. Sorry for my english.

    Thanks.

    P.S.

    I dont us any wibwob

    And I always play with 4132 tactic...

  2. #2

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Location
    WATING FOR 10 IN A ROW
    Posts
    6,197
    if you are dominating, then maybe they have less work to do?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    10-09-12
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    if you are dominating, then maybe they have less work to do?
    I agree. If the ball isn't in their area much, as you are dominating possession, they won't be making as many tackles, headers, etc...The more actual defending that they do will increase their ratings.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    09-04-12
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,208
    take m off man marking, put them on forward runs. Increase their influence on the game.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Location
    WATING FOR 10 IN A ROW
    Posts
    6,197
    Quote Originally Posted by lester View Post
    Hello guys,

    I'm playing with Valencia. Sixth season, won two back to back CL, Primera also, build respectable team.

    Leno
    Krafth - Inigo Martinez - Balanta - Goya

    Yokuslu
    Januzaj - Boateng - Muniain

    Volland - Alcacer

    In my first two seasons (when 3rd, 4th in Primera) my CB-a had av.rating at 7.60, and now when I dominate the world they are on 6.80... Everything is the same. normal/attacking, short, hard, pressing. they are on man mark.

    and now I tried everything but with no difference.

    Do you know maybe where is the problem? It frustrates me... Do you maybe have some advice?

    Is it maybe something in Tapani or .68 patch?

    I played this game from 01 to 07 on default game and never had this problem...

    And yeah... you are doing such a great, awesome, brilliant thing with database.. THANK YOU ALL!

    Please if you can help me with this issue. Sorry for my english.

    Thanks.

    P.S.

    I dont us any wibwob

    And I always play with 4132 tactic...
    use the editor to put them in the worst team in the league [they should be busier there] and se eif they improve.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    14-10-14
    Posts
    538
    Well, I've seen some great CB always having 6 or 7... maybe it has something to do with the level of your team, the opponent's tactics (using 4132Pool, the defensive middlefielder plays very well against certain tactics but against others he just does nothing... and the computer has some anti-4-1-3-2 tactics that they start using after a while) or some strange season where they are a bit off...

    One thing you can try is give them Intensive training for 2 weeks. (intensive at everything but goalkeeping)

  7. #7

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Location
    WATING FOR 10 IN A ROW
    Posts
    6,197


    the big man is on 6.2 tackles a game

    and that is him in a top team who are winning most weeks, so it can be done in dominant teams

  8. #8

    Join Date
    14-07-15
    Posts
    7

    defenders under 26

    hi everyone,

    young regen central defenders. with high defensive attributes. under 26. anyone else struggle getting high average ratings from them????
    its frustrating. i play 4-1-3-1-1
    i sign them from a club, maybe they'll have an average rating of 7.60. then come into my team and don't get above 7.20.
    sell them on, they then get over 7.60 again.
    this happens on every single game. with different formations.
    is it just a fact that no central defender you have under 26 can get high average ratings?
    Thanks,
    Aaron

  9. #9

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    29,770
    If you have a really dominant tactic defenders are generally going to have low ratings from having little to do

  10. #10

    Join Date
    25-07-14
    Posts
    45
    I've noticed this too. But for centre backs I pay more attention to their average tackles per game rather than the average rating, which as stated above can be off

  11. #11

    Join Date
    08-06-12
    Posts
    1,615
    CB ratings always the lowest for me...

    i just look at my GA column!...if its one of the best then they are doing something right!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    11-07-16
    Posts
    41
    Yeah I've had this problem too, You can push defenders forward on the wib/wob screen, but I tend to change the individual player instructions which helps.

    Main instructions being, Man Marking "yes" Pressing "yes" and Tackling "Hard"

  13. #13

    Join Date
    08-06-12
    Posts
    1,615
    tackling.,..heading....marking....shove them in!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    11-07-16
    Posts
    41

    Back 4 Average ratings!

    I wonder if any one could point me in the direction of a decent tactic that produces decent averages ratings (7.30 Plus) for a back 4?

    The only way I find I can get a tactic with decent average ratings for central defenders is playing a back 2 (no full backs)

    I've had a play around with wob/wib screens and player instructions based on a 442 / 4411 / 41311 /433 etc but despite how good the team and defence performs, I cannot seem to get a back 4 with decent average ratings, even with top players.

    I have season in the prem were I have conceded 12 goals, yet none of the back four are above 7.11 average rating!

    Any reply appreciated.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    10-05-16
    Location
    On the Bench
    Posts
    164
    Maybe you dominate too much, your defenders have nothing to do

  16. #16

    Join Date
    04-03-12
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie22 View Post
    I wonder if any one could point me in the direction of a decent tactic that produces decent averages ratings (7.30 Plus) for a back 4?

    The only way I find I can get a tactic with decent average ratings for central defenders is playing a back 2 (no full backs)

    I've had a play around with wob/wib screens and player instructions based on a 442 / 4411 / 41311 /433 etc but despite how good the team and defence performs, I cannot seem to get a back 4 with decent average ratings, even with top players.

    I have season in the prem were I have conceded 12 goals, yet none of the back four are above 7.11 average rating!

    Any reply appreciated.


    The better your squad the less likelier is that you'll allow the opposition chances to score. Meaning your back 4 wont have much work to do which in effect may cause overall ratings to be low.

    Best thing to do is take some of the top ranking tactics in the OTL and the tactic league and compare them. And then use some of the ideas to produce a tactic

  17. #17

    Join Date
    11-07-16
    Posts
    41
    Cheers Alcoolix, yeah I did think that and perhaps that's why the tactics with only 2 centre backs do produce better rating for defenders.

  18. #18
    316'sRegen Unattached
    If my team conceded 12 goals in a season I wouldn't care if they got a low average rating.

    For a defender, 7.11 for a season is well within acceptable levels. You can never get your whole team to average 8+ ratings it just isn't possible in real life or in CM.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    11-07-16
    Posts
    41
    I get your point and not complaining as such just frustrating that the defenders rating are a lot worst than the rest of the team and thought perhaps I am doing or missing something obvious (a player instruction maybe) to boost their ratings up.

    More of an annoyance than anything.

    I suppose if I amended the mentality to defensive rather than attacking and played long ball instead of short passing etc the opposition would have more of the ball and defenders would have more to do and as such get higher ratings.

    Does anyone use different team instructions to the norm? - I always use Attacking, Short, Hard, Pressing and Offside trap "Yes"

    This seems to be the most successful, but has anyone tried something different and still have success?

  20. #20

    Join Date
    06-03-12
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie22 View Post
    I wonder if any one could point me in the direction of a decent tactic that produces decent averages ratings (7.30 Plus) for a back 4?
    Try this one, based on the old bulletproof Norge-tactic. Decent full-backs usually get ratings from 7.6-8.2, and the centre-backs get around 7.4-7.8. I usually don't play full-backs that average below 2 tackles/game and centre-backs with average below 3.5 tackles/game.

    https://www.sendspace.com/file/o4jr5c







    Last edited by AtomicAnt; 14-11-16 at 08:25 PM.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    07-08-13
    Posts
    183
    I also stuggle with poor central defender ratings. I usually play wing backs who get alot of assists so their ratings are decent. If your central defenders are averaging 4.0+ tackles over the season. I'd be happy with that.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Location
    Ribble Valley
    Posts
    5,681
    I don't understand the problem. If you are winning games easily, and not shipping lots of goals, what does it matter what ratings your defenders get ?
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

  23. #23

    Join Date
    16-12-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,493
    Try FodFod2CF

    http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=990&page=4

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    tried it with Everton, won everything, two seasons running. Dropped like 3 games. Most impressive stat: season 2 both my fullbacks (Baines and Krafth) get 51 games, 8 goals and 25 assists. Creepy.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    29,770
    Change Centre Backs to man marking. Centre backs get shit ratings with Zonal Marking

  25. #25

    Join Date
    08-03-12
    Posts
    155
    Has anyone ever had a DC that averages 8.20 + consistently, season after season?

    I had this DC a month or so ago on a random game who did this. No DC in the history of me playing CM (20 years +) has come close. He was just as brilliant at DMC too. Had very high positioning, tackling, teamwork and workrate atts from what I recall.

    I was managing Louhans in France and took them from the NAT div to the top league and won the title in the first season. I think I signed him when we were already in Ligue 1. Incidentally he was Greek!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •