Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 2 (Episode 94 - takaros7)

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash
    People can die from heading the ball! In all seriousness, there was a Football League player in a defending wall that took a ball to the head and was left unconscious. This was the weekend before last, can't recall who it was now.

Good read, Mr. Mem. As if you stumbled across an ODB legend just by typing your name

Thanks for the read on the Vulcan Bomber, my parents used to take us to a few airshows when we were younger, brings back memories of the Red Arrows and the like.

I always liked Matty Holland in CM too, great for a DM. And we do like a solid DM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    If memory serves me correctly that game was on my 14th birthday.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't realise you were such a boffin Bobmem...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wato20 For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    I believe my namesake was in goal for Ipswich for that game against United..... however if memory serves he had no help from his defence and made a bunch of amazing saves.... MU could have scored 20 if not for him

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Andy "Needs 3 chances to score" Cole was playing too, so that was 10 less conceded straight away

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    People can die from heading the ball! In all seriousness, there was a Football League player in a defending wall that took a ball to the head and was left unconscious. This was the weekend before last, can't recall who it was now.
    given what we now know, we're probably close to young players not being allowed to head the ball. heard a report the other day (related to NFL issues) that said doctors were advising parents to not let children under the age of 12 head the ball.

all those headers would explain a lot for me.

great work bob.

vCash
    Hi All, thanks for the Nomination Bob - Here Goes

1. Where do you live? (Town and Country)

Peterborough, Cambs, England

2. What do you do for a living?

Recently a Full Time Daddy as have swapped roles with the wife after 15 years in Retail

3. What football teams do you support?

Peterborough Utd, Had a soft spot years ago for Sheff Wed but that was because I was big fan of Chris Waddle

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02? How did you get on?

At a guess, I'd of started at Rushden as they always began the game with a few million to spend and you could pretty much, buy your way out of the top 2 leagues. They were hot in the news of having a wealthy chairman I think, so I'd pick them ahead of Posh

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any UPDATE or patch) and favourite in real life?

Onesimo, weather he was real I don't actually know. He was a 32 year old I think, and played FLC and he scored for fun. Always liked linking him up with Leo Fortune West who you could normally get for just under 100k. Real-Life, until last season, Ryan Giggs, no question about that, pure legend

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02?

It has to be my current Network game I play with 2 others. In December 2013 we had a a 12 season game where all started as top flight teams, then 1 day it all corrupted, we were in tears, so we decided to chance this again, starting as little teams, and here we are, over 15 months later, and still going strong as we approach seaon 25. Playing the game on a network, really is stepping it to the next level.

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best?

Lion – King of the Jungle. Im loud, have a big roar, and since a kid always loved watching David Attenborough In learning about them

8. On an average week, how much time do you INVEST in CM01/02?

Nowadays its not as much as it used to, 3 daughters will do that to me, and depending on a network session, it can range from 9 – 16, as a guess

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game?

1 word – Sad,

10. What other COMPUTER/console games do you play?

At the moment, nothing, as I tend to use emulation programs, so the Amstrad CPC and the Commodore 64, they'll always be top of the list.

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02?

The obvious answer here is gonna be, when it crashes, but I'd say, in truth, I play a game, I totally dominate the game, 33 shots to 1, and the final score shows I lose 1-0

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football?

1991 – Peterborough 1 – 0 Liverpool, League Cup, Gary Kimble with the only goal, which is followed by end of that season when Posh beat Stockport in the Playoff Final 2-1 with King Kenny Charlery scoring in the 90th minute

13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting?

Without a shadow of a doute, introduce the TV Replays, support the Ref, especially nowadays,

14. How good a player were you in real life? What position did you play?

I still play, even at 35, Monday nights, Ive always been a Defender, im an ok player, at school I was picked around the middle, im very passionate but hate cheats, therefore quite vocal when Ref gets it wrong etc.. So in a nutshell, my attributes wouyld be:

Tackling 20
    Passing 12
    Finishing 7
    Aggression 18
    Determination 20
    Strength 12
    Stamina 15
    Heading 7
    Pace 14

15. What other sports do you follow?

Years ago, my life revolved around Sport, so, Tennis, Snooker, Boxing along with Football really dominated my youth, nowadays I keep an eye here and there on them sports, but Football still key sport

16. If you won the LOTTERY (say 4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy?

Give it to the wife – let her decide whilst I play CM, I'd say...Car, Holiday

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet?

Bernard Manning, Bobby Moore, John Lennon, Bobby Robson

18. What keeps you awake at night?

Noises, the slightest sound, and I do a search on the house. Not to mention the kids

19. What was the last song played on your IPOD (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was)?

I'll be totally honest here, Im a big fan of seeing peoples covers of songs and recently, I listened to 'on youtube, Meanloaf's version of 'No Matter What' which of course was made famous by Boyzone, now thats the sad thing, knowing that. So I transferred it onto my IPOD and listened to it today whilst waiting for an appointment

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next?

My Nephew, My Rival, My Netowork Buddy, - PepeP

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Offside Trap For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    If you hate Sheffield Wednesday clap your hands!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wato20 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What Commodore 64 emulator do you use? Wouldn't mind playing Flimbo's Quest and Magicland Dizzy again

vCash
    Cant recall which C64 emu I used, I know for Amstrad it was Caprice, even managed to download a Spectrum one on my phone,

vCash
    Downloaded an emulator for C64 and it goes through the whole C64 loading process. 10 minutes of random color screen, die first game, another 10 reloading

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    16. If you won the Lottery ( say 4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy ?
    I'd probably end up plunging money into keeping the world's only flying Vulcan bomber in the skies. Arguably from the peak of British aircraft design it's the aircraft in my avatar and simply has to be seen to be appreciated. 100 tonnes of flying metal and it sounds like it's tearing the sky in half!
    This might well be the final year of its flying life, so get yourselves to an airshow before it's too late! http://www.vulcantothesky.org/appearances.html
    Saw and heard it at Leuchars Air Show years ago, truly a spectacular sight and sound!

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting?

Without a shadow of a doute, introduce the TV Replays, support the Ref, especially nowadays,

vCash
    10 minutes to load? omg, those were the days, the longer a game took to load, the better the game, correct?

On the subject of Emulation, I love play Fruit Machines that have been emulated, have loads of them

vCash

Peterborough Utd, Had a soft spot years ago for Sheff Wed but that was because I was big fan of Chris Waddle.
    me too. 1993 was so much fun watching waddle play for wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

10 minutes to load? omg, those were the days, the longer a game took to load, the better the game, correct?

On the subject of Emulation, I love play Fruit Machines that have been emulated, have loads of them
    jet set willy - load time of 60 minutes on the commodore +4.

vCash
    Onesimo, weather he was real I don't actually know. He was a 32 year old I think, and played FLC and he scored for fun.
    He is! He is quite known here in Spain and he even played for Barcelona. He is a manager now, taking charge of Valladolid in first division and some other teams in second division (Murcia and Huesca). I think he is unemployed now.

vCash
    No-Way Cliff - REALLY?

vCash

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cliff For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks For The Nomination Offside Trap.

Here Are My 20 Questions :-

1. Where do you live? (Town and Country)

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire,England

2. What do you do for a living?

Have Worked In Retail For Over 10 Years

Man United All The Way!, Follow The Posh (Peterborough United) As Well But Not As Much.

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02? How did you
    get on?

As Far As I Remember It Was Man United. Don't Recall How I Got On.

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in Real Life?

Starting As A Lower League It Had To Be Dale Watkins, As A Higher Club I'd Say Taribo West/Josep Guardiola And Kiko (The Version Where They All Started As Free Agents)

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02?

Probably Getting Portsmouth From In Debt In Division 3 To The Final Of The Champions League In 5 Seasons and taking part in the old 100m game.

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best?

A Bear

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02?

Probably About 5-6 Hours Due To Work Commitments

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old
    football game?

Don't Have A Wife/Girlfriend/Partner So I Do What I Want!! LOL

10. What other computer/console games do you play?

X-Box 360

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02?

When You Dominate A Game 20 Shots to 1 And Lose 1-0.

Also When A Player Turns Me Down Saying He'd Struggle To Leave His Club But A Couple Of Days Later He Moves To A New Club.

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football?

Man United Winning The Treble In 1999.

Aside From Video Referees (Like Cricket), I'd Say Roll-On, Roll-Off Subs To Make The Game More Interesting.

Also I'd Introduce Sin Bins For Softer Offences Like Dissent And Diving.

14. How good a player were you in real life? What position did you play?

I often played as a Goalkeeper. I'd Like To Think I Was Ok.

15. What other sports do you follow?

I Used To Live And Breathe Cricket Before Football Took Over My Life.

16. If you won the Lottery (say 4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy?

Go On A Holiday Around The World.

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet?

Sir Alex Ferguson To Talk Football, Rik Mayall To Talk Comedy, Alistair McGowan To Entertain Us With Impressions And Gordon Ramsey To Cook The Food.

18. What keeps you awake at night?

Loud Noises Upstairs.

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was)?

Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson And Bruno Mars

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next?

London35, The 3rd Internet Legend.

And there you are.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Good Job. But Why Do You Capitalize Every Word In A Sentence?

vCash
    Thinks it's My internet Server.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PepeP For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Rik Mayall :Cry:

One of my inspirations for acting

Nice to know others who recognize his comedic genius

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Rik Mayall

Bottom was one of my favourite ever programmes

Bottom was the top of the pile!

Double pun intended.

vCash
    Some great inputs on here !!

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash
    I couldn't get over capitalising every word

Nice choices for the dinner party thing.

I remember trying to sign Kike quite a few times. There was also a guy called Victor Hugo Aristizabal that sticks out in my memory as a good freebie.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Kiko Charana - Stockport