Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 2 (Episode 94 - takaros7)

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    ILSM - Missing since Jan?

WTF? Where can he have gone? He loved this place......

Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    ILSM - Missing since Jan?

WTF? Where can he have gone? He loved this place......
    He'll be back when you start AYTN!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    1. Where do you live? (Town and Country)
    I live in Gosport, next to Portsmouth, UK. I have always lived in the local area, as do my immediate family.

2. What do you do for a living?
    I have a very hard-to-describe-job at a hard-to-describe-company. So lets go with... internal tech support at an online bank

3. What football teams do you support?
    None really, I half-follow the progress of Portsmouth, but I don't support anyone.

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02? How did you get on?
    Nope. having started with CM2 and played through to CM01/02 I am unsure which team in 0102 I began with. There's a reasonably sized group of teams I usually use, and it may well have been Linfield in Northern Ireland.

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life?
    I have no favourite player in real life and had very many great players in the game. In one of my previous games (that crashed) I had a great core of Sanmarinese players. They all had -1 talent and came out as pretty-damn-good but with very low reps, there were two DLCs and an AMRLC who were all potential about 120-150 and that is good enough to win the Champs league. I got tham all at 17 and eventually made them player-coaches. The AMRLC had incredibly low professionalism and loyalty and would throw back any telling off in your face but he was good enough on the pitch to make up for it, I sold and bought him back twice as he always wanted to move to a bigger club, but they never played him

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02?
    Winning the World Cup with the Cook Islands, just for the perseverence of reloading the game that many times

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best?
    Human

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02?
    it was 6 hours a day at its peak (42 hours a week, every week for over a year), but since my last game crashed, I totally lost heart and have not played it since

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game?
    She kicked me out

10. What other computer/console games do you play?
    Borderlands2 and Darkest Hour on Steam, Lego games and (urgh) Skylanders on the wii with my son

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02?
    the way the computer has no budget making every club go bankrupt, which then leads to stadium shrinkage, that AND IT FuCKING CRASHES AFTER ABOUT 15 YEARS EVERY FuCKING TIME. Having expanded a stadium, built youth facilities, and got youngsters coming through, only to LOSE EVERYTHING and have to START ALL OVER AGAIN AGAIN just FUCKS ME RIGHT OFF.
    I do manage about 8-10 clubs at the same time, so that is about 150 seasons but it iS NOT LONG ENOUGH

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football?
    none, do not follow football

13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting?
    "more intersting" hmmmm, not sure I would do anything to meet this criteria, due to my autism I dislike change, so keeping things the way they are is much better. What I would do is offer the ref as much technology as he wanted to make sure the rules were followed 100% at all times, but that isn't making it more interesting, just BETTER this is no "if" there is no "maybe" it either happened or didn't it is binary, YES or NO, all rules must be enforced 100%, the ref should be like the judges in Tennis - not even human, a rulebook with legs. the "ifs, but and maybes" do NOT make good discussion, they UTTERLY RUIN the game.

14. How good a player were you in real life? What position did you play?
    never played, autism made me crap at all sports ever, cant run, cant catch, always picked last. hate sports, hate teams, hate groups, hate playing football

15. What other sports do you follow?
    none, maybe the Olympics, I really get that, especially the triathlon, those people are just incredible. olymipic triathlon always seems great with the open-water-swin being somewhere famous and the sun shining, normal triathlon where you swim in a bog in winter, not so much

16. If you won the Lottery (say Ģ4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy?
    a house, live in the UK, we have a housing crisis no politician wants to hear about, that and start a factory to make retro motorbikes and dress like a 19th century gentleman

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet?
    hmmmmm, that is a really tough one I would love to think about. Definitely Martin Luther King Jnr. Not sure who else. Maybe Hitler. That's an odd thing to say. But Mel Brookes always says you should laugh at the nazis, and I just can't. But maybe if I met him, and saw him as a powerless raving idiot that I could just laugh at how stupid all his ideas are then I could understand Mel

18. What keeps you awake at night?
    I have Autism, depression and I am seperated from my wife and see my son for 6 hours a week
    for anyone that doesnt have autism, I found a reasonably good way to describe it, which you guys should get - it is like being in the crowd of a foreign football match. Everyone else is watching the game, singing the chants, knowing the players, knowing the game, all together. You have no idea where you are, what they are saying, why they are doing that chant/dance/anything, and have no interest in what is going on, feel really uncomfortable and just want to get away - that is my EVERY DAY
    as for Depression, anyone seen the new Avengers film, Tony's vision, that is a decent enough visual of what I see inside my head EVERY DAY

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was)?
    I am obsessed with music, that's the Autism. I buy at least two albums a week, and often buy big compilations and box sets to get as many songs as possible for my money. But as I can't change my ways I just can't do streaming, I have to have the CD. I copy all the songs to my computer and play them and rate them. If I like the song it goes on my playlist, and on my MP3 player. As of today I have 7556 songs in total, and I have played and rated all of them (nearly all of them, as I have a big new batch to work through) I listen to music during the one-hour commute to work, the one-hour commute home, when on my computer (up to six hours a day) and at work when I need to knuckle-down and concentrate. Currently I have bought another load of stuff to play through to see if I like, and the song playing right now is..." Albert's Shuffle" by Bloomfield and Cooper (1968) off "Pure Guitar Legends". that is a 3-star song, so it goes on the playlist.
    I usually keep my player on Random, but the songs I have been picking out to play by choice is the incredible charlemagne Album by 92-year old Christopher Lee (the 2nd one) look it up

really, look it up

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next?
    sorry, don't know, all the people I know did it already and I haven'r had a chance to read through all the other answers

so sorry for being away since January, I am currently not in the best of places but working on sorting things out, also I do find this site hard to use. My phone doesn't like it so much and there is an App, but like many (most) it is actually worse than just using the normal browser. Using the PC is a pain too as it logs me out after about 2 minutes and so all my replies have to be quick or I lose them before I post them
    Last edited by ilovesanmarino; 30-04-15 at 11:54 PM.

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ilovesanmarino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Zansnake, I know him, he's not been picked yet

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovesanmarino For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    Lovely stuff ILSM. I don't have autism but do love to own a CD, so I'm with you on that one
    Not every game crashes after 15 seasons, maybe there's some setting you need to change or a patch you could try?
    I have to say I loved your story, both with San Marino and the crazy Cook Islands WC win. Some really creative writing in there

Zan will be PMd in the morning.

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    I didn't realise you re-loaded the Cook Islands WC win

Very interesting that you're not a fan of any sports but loved playing CM on that massive save you had going

BTW - That San Marino story was right up there as one of my favourites I have ever read on the site

vCash
    So you have autism then?

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Good read ILSM..... no worries about being away.... we all love the stories and share your irritation with the game sometimes.... I have a buddy with Aspergers which is part of the autism spectrum and my friend's son is autistic too but still on what I'd call the "low" end (where you can still function, albeit with some difficulties) so I know where you are coming from.

vCash
    My best friend has a severe case of autism and he has weird social skills. Iīve been working, coaching and guiding people with autism for years and years. Itīs hard as there is nothing to see on the outside. People seem to think that once you look normal, there canīt be anything wrong or different about you. And itīs hard to understand for outsiders as well, as it often twists thought patterns, making the one with the autism hard to follow, communicate with and- or understand. Unfortunately it often works both ways.

But you have a knack for wrriting amazing stories, ILSM. Thanks to you, we now ALL love San Marino

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Great interview ILSM. I love how you have every single song rated and organised! I bet your music collection is so broad. You mentioned about the website logging you out - dont you tick the "remember me" box? I've not had an issue with the forum logging me out before.

Also, I hope you battle through the problems you're facing at the moment. The world needs more people like you, you are a credit to this forum with your wholesome contributions whether it be about tactics, players or stories. Keep it up.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash
    Good to see you back, ilovesanmarino. Sorry to see you're having problems with the site, if you check the 'remember me' option then you won't get logged out after a period of inactivity. Also, seems like you are going through a bad spell altogether at the moment so I hope you pull through it soon and things start to look up for you.

Autism, I think I've mentioned before that my younger 15 year old brother has autism too and goes to a special needs school. He did try his best at a mainstream school but just couldn't cope. So I have personally seen autism up close for 15 years. He is indeed very set in his ways and doesn't like change either. In fact, he's currently in hospital at the moment with a dislocated knee but has done every so well to adapt to the situation and get used to be away from his games room where he spends most of his time on the PS3 and watching films. That's his obsession along with football and a sense of comfortability just playing in his room with his toys from years back despite being in mid-teens now.

Music - Totally with you on that one. I'm the same in terms of being obsessed with certain things (CM01/02 anyone?) and have the obsession of buying CDs as well rather than downloading them. I actually used to do this on a regular basis but find that the quality of the songs can be frustrating, especially due to being profoundly deaf so now I feel the need to actually get a hard copy of the disc itself, play it for a week to let it grow on me and then add it to my iTunes library. I'm also the opposite in terms of boxsets or compilations, I just don't like random songs appearing on their own in my music list and have to have the full discography (excluding live albums and compilations) of any one band/artist before I move on to collecting CDs of another band/artist.

Guess we all have our own hobbies/obsessions. Nothing wrong with that

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    One of my greatest regrets is not going to see San Marino play. At the end of last year my friend half-jokingly suggested it and i thought that seeing as all i ever do is bang on about the seeding in the qualification groups the only game they had a chance would be at home to the second lowest team, that was Estonia I believe. I didnt know if that game was even still to come so i checked and it was the NEXT GAME i just couldnt do it, it must have been October and i needed to save for christmas, i didnt have time or money to arrange flights, tickets accommodation plus all the other stiff like food and transport. I could have just put it all on a credit card but my friend couldnt do it either as he had a new baby to look after, it was just at the wrong time, but i checked the result

They fucking drew didnt they, first competitive game in however many years they disnt lose and i missed it

And yes i may have mentioned i have autism about 19 times answering those 20 questions but i am seeing a counsellor at the moment and i'm at the point where i am deconstructing everything and so currently all i see is how it affects every single thing i do, the plan is to be reconstructed back so that i see myself as a person who happens to have autism, but im not there yet

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilovesanmarino For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Good to see you back buddy.

vCash
    1. Where do you live? (Town and Country)

During the peroid of semesters of UNI i live in halls at Loughborougouh, but bron and raised in Newark-on-Trent. Kinda a nice place for a historic town, but some of the youth - me not included - are towards the yob culture.

2. What do you do for a living?

I am a full time student at Loughborough University, i study Performing Arts - Drama aka Acting - currently finishing up my second year. Going onto my last and final year in September, hoping to get a job within that area at some point afterwards or going into drama school afterwards. But, the Job Market in the 'industry' is known for being hard and tedious. so fingers crossed!

3. What football teams do you support?

I support Chelsea (CHampions! Champions! ), have done since about 2002 onward conciously, and about 1998 subconciously. Used to love hearing the name when i was younger cuz to me it was a girls name Used to always love watching the 'FA Premier League' rundowns Sky Sports used to show of the Gullit and Vialli years. Kind of was confirmed when i started playing CM 01/02 because of the fact they had decent players (Zola, Hasslebaink, Gudjohnsen, etc. ) but never did seem to do well. Was always cash-strapped so was kind of a nice challenge to make them into Premier League winning potential side.

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02? How did you get on?

Chelsea, used to have a regime of selling players to buy Djalminha (Deportivo on the ODB) and some 'suggested' players like Kerr, Duff, Etc.

Never did well, always used to spend minnow amounts, but the tactics were always off. Finished in top 3 though

Otherwise, it was always Rushden in Third Division, had decent players and had some cash. Think i got them to First Division in back-to-back promitions, bought Kerr, etc. but they had to be sold due to the Minimum Rlease Clause and then buy them back either for the same reason or because they were never played

Victor Renner was a goal machine!

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life?

Well, always had a soft spot for Mike Kerr, always scored at the right time depite his 7 finishing and was consistent. But the player that was always outstanding for my was Colin Carr-Lawton. I found him on the CM 02/03 as a free when i managed Burton on one of my save and he scored for fun.

Seems for a couple of the updates, as well as the ODB, it was the same. Got me as Bradford in the Premier League as Champions in both seasons, Vans Trophy, FA Cup Winners and UEFA Cup winners before kicking a single ball in the premier league!

IRL, Gainfranco Zola.

Such a magician when the ball was at his feet, and that goal against Norwich!

Still gave the Liverpool defenders a run for their money in his last game for Chelsea - sure Carragher fell flat straight on his ass!

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02?

Probably the above mentioned Bradford save, was an incredible luck to get that far with them with that achievement!

Save corrupted soon after though, but ending up about 6/7th in the Table.

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best?

Do you even have to ask?

A Snake!

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02?

Depends, could spend one single session which would be 3-4 hours the odd day, but mostly 5-6 hours. Depends on the work i have to do in the meantime

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game?

Relatively early days yet, but she doesn't seem to mind

Probably cuz i haven't come out about my addiction yet

10. What other computer/console games do you play?

Favourite series is Mass Effect!

Play alot of console games, Fifa, Dragon Age, etc.

Got both 360 and PS3 but just invested on a 'gaming PC' so hopefully i can transition into that sooner then later

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02?

Mostly the frustrations of super-keeper and the one shot winners.

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football?

May 2012, Chelsea winning the Champions League!

13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting?

Install a judging panel, or extra help for referees in big decisions. Hard for them to make a call in such a quick time, especially when they are far away. Especially after god knows how many times it's happened over the course of this season!

14. How good a player were you in real life? What position did you play?

I was shit. Used to play goalkeeper, and used my height advantage to save and what not, but wasn't really 'world-class'

15. What other sports do you follow?

None, really. Only following football cuz i was brought up around it, not really into other sports.

16. If you won the Lottery (say Ģ4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy?

A nice big house with acres of land, give an acre to my mum and she'll retire living in a Bungalow.

Rest on a dodgy film to make. Art is Art

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet?

Rik Mayall, Robin Williams, Tzu Shu ( Art of War) and a translator so i could understamd Tzu.

Be interested in his philsophy, Rik Mayall is an inspiration as well as Robin Williams. Be nice to meet them, when i couldn't.

RIP Rik, Robin.

18. What keeps you awake at night?

Heat.

I get hot alot.

And boxsets of TV Shows, can sit and watch shows for hours on end.

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was)?

Don't own an Apple Product, over-expensive!

Last thing i have played/watched on Youtube was: Sting - Enlishman in New York.

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next?

The new Wato- Samisami
    Last edited by ZanSnake; 09-05-15 at 09:05 PM.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Why is Samisami the new Wato??

Is it the style of his Story writing?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wato20 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wato20 View Post
    Why is Samisami the new Wato??

Is it the style of his Story writing?
    I think he means you used to be cool.
    only messin

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wato20 For This Useful Post:

anyway, branflake is mad don't ya know?!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash
    Must admit I used to cast an envious eye on the Chelsea team that Gullit put together back when Stoke were struggling in the Second Division. I also read Gullit's biography of his time there as manager and loved all the players he brought in - Desailly, Leboeuf, Di Matteo, Gudjohnsen, Stanic, Casiraghi, Zola, Babayaro, De Goey, Vialli, etc!

Why am I not surprised that you are studying drama

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great read Zan, is Ste not at Loughborough uni or was that Leeds?

Would be fun if you went out on the pull together in student union and tell the girls about CM

I know you have a girlfriend but that doesn't really matter at that age or didn't for me

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    Good read Zan

Rik mayall and Robin Williams, great choices! Me and my mates still quote The Young Ones at each other from time to time.

Will get a PM over to Samsami soon.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Nice Zan!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Zan Tzu

40. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Djalminha, one of the those players you thought was in even better than he was in real life due to CM. The 'new Rivaldo'

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Nice one Zan

Rik Mayall in Bottom one of my favourite ever characters!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post: