Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 2 (Episode 94 - takaros7)

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    after the setup of being the only female etc etc from Bob, question 2's answer was brilliant!!

The great Peter Beardsley (one of Newcastle's favourite sons) was once signed to Whitecaps as well. What a player that guy was!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    CM0102 Director and everyone's favourite German Patinoz is this week's willing victim. Here are his Twenty Questions:

1. Where do you live? (Town and Country)

Born and bred in a tiny town in the east of Germany. Currently living and working in Dresden. Beautiful old city.

2. What do you do for a living?

I am training customer service reps at Deutsche Bank. Which means I teach groups of new people all about the banking system and the bank, how to communicate with customers over the phone, how to sell etc. as well as coach our existing employees so we meet and excceed all kinds of key performance indicators we are given.

3. What football teams do you support?

Only one and that is FC Bayern München since birth. Don't even follow local football here.

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02? How did you get on?

Probably Bayern and I am fairly certain that I was utter shit and they sacked me soon enough.

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life?

None of the original ones, but Sebastien Haller from the ODB Update 2011 or 2012. Absolutely ridiculous player.

Kim Källström from the original game second.

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02?

Two achievements are joint top:

a.) European Champions with Sweden 15 years ago. I was always really bad at the game since I didn't have a clue about tactics when I was younger, so when I won a massive title with what seemed an underdog team, I was over the moon. Källström, Farnerud, Elmander... legends

b.) Going on a 140+ games unbeaten run (non-wib-wob) with AJ Auxerre with aforementioned Haller and his compadres. Build up a team with only youngsters and won everything with them. To this day, I remember sitting in the train going home from uni and playing that career. Somewhere around 90-games unbeaten, I am suddenly 2:1 down in the 80th-odd minute against Nancy, all subs used and thinking "fucking great ... so close to 100". I have given up at this point but Haller didn't let me down and scored a brace in the 89th and 90th minute. Moments of pure joy.

I get melancholic thinking back to those moments and careers, because I can't seem to get that same level of enjoyment out of the game anymore.

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best?

I guess a panda: a bit overweight and lazy but still cute

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02?

Barely any these days; drifting in and out. Couple of years ago, I was on here 10 hours a day religiously.

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game?

She doesn't care; regardless of what I play, for her it's just games.

I can't say I am as tolerant when it comes to her watching that Caitlin / Bruce fucking Jenner reality show...

10. What other computer/console games do you play?

I am spending quite some time on my PS4; mostly turning it on after work and playing an hour or two until the wife comes home. Played a lot of Destiny the last year when I was still at uni ("at" used in the loosest sense possible).

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02?

The restraints regarding tactics. I wish you could just give a manager one of those modern tactics and he uses it instead of tinkering for hours with the manager's attributes and the players' positions only for Guardiola to say "fuck you" and play 5-3-2 anyway.

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football?

As a German & Bayern supporter, I have had quite a lot to celebrate in recent times. But regardless of all recent achievements, our last Bundesliga game of the 2000/01 season is still number 1. Schalke thought they won the championship for the first time in decades but we score from an indirect freekick in the box in the 94th minute to win the title. A week later, we win the CL against Valencia with Kahn saving 3 pens in the shoot-out erasing the loss against United.

13. If you were the president of FIFA, what rule would you change to make football more interesting?

Yes, offside sucks and diving ain't great but it's part and parcel of the game. I am not a fan of any kind of technology in the game. As much as it sucks, the goal/no-goals always get people talking, debating and raging. And for me, all three belong to the game.

I'd remove the away goal though (especially in extra time where it gets even more unfair). A goal is a fucking goal, regardless of where it is scored. No need to complicate it.

14. How good a player were you in real life? What position did you play?

I was a really good goalkeeper in my youth. Got selected to play for my state, which is massive achievement in Germany. Sadly, I didn't grow much when I was 13 or 14 and was simply to short to play at a high level after that.

15. What other sports do you follow?

None at the moment. When I was living in Australia, I followed AFL and cricket. A couple years ago, I got really into Basketball and watched games until 5am every day. Then the Celtics started to suck and I stopped that too. I watch an NFL game every now and then and go the German (American) Football league games here in Dresden but that's about it.

16. If you won the Lottery (say £4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy?

Easy, a Porsche Panamera.

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet?

Marcus Aurelius, Erwin Rommel, Napoleon

18. What keeps you awake at night?

Not really knowing which country I'll live in next year.

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was)?

In the car I listen to Deep House mixtapes by Sensual Musique. Very good Youtube Channel.

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next?

The former manager of Tomb City!
    Last edited by Patinoz; 11-09-15 at 08:02 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Marcus Aurelius

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one Pat

I kind of know what you mean about drifting away from playing CM, although for me I've just for out of the habit (and my laptop is ridiculously old and noisy). It's testimony to the game how many new people are rediscovering it or still playing.

Panamera? That's the sensible family 4-door Porsche, right? Kind of like their answer to the Ford Mondeo?!

Tomb City? You're going to have to help me out with that one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Marcus Aurelius
    He was THE man. Fairly certain he invented "cool, calm and collected".

Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    Nice one Pat

I kind of know what you mean about drifting away from playing CM, although for me I've just for out of the habit (and my laptop is ridiculously old and noisy). It's testimony to the game how many new people are rediscovering it or still playing.

Panamera? That's the sensible family 4-door Porsche, right? Kind of like their answer to the Ford Mondeo?!

Tomb City? You're going to have to help me out with that one?
    My laptop being shot isn't helping my CM habit either. I am never on it and would therefore have to go out of my way to update / play.

Did you really just compare a German masterpiece in design and engineering to a Ford Mondeo?

Erki

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Patinoz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    For me you say the words "German masterpiece in design and engineering" and all I picture is the ME262 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_262.

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    What's the options for Q18 Pat?

Suprised you didn't put Man City as a 2nd choice for Q3 :wink:

Q6 is class - can't you look to take aother small team along for a challenge?

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Nice to see you interviewed, Pat!

Dresden sounds like a nice place, will have to speak to my cousin about arranging a football trip there sometime

Removing away goals is a good shout actually.

vCash
    ah crap I pressed the wrong button n mine all disapeared not filling it in again. took me an hour. grrrrr

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    I didn't realize that BobMem had sent you the questionnaire to be the next one interviewed.....

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I should probably learn to read. do i need to be nominated lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    For me you say the words "German masterpiece in design and engineering" and all I picture is the Trabant https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trabant_601.
    Fixed that typo for you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rapinoe For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    What's the options for Q18 Pat?

Suprised you didn't put Man City as a 2nd choice for Q3 :wink:

Q6 is class - can't you look to take aother small team along for a challenge?
    New Zealand or Germany mate.

Yeah, thought about City. Gerrard's slip was a close second for Q12 though

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Nice to see you interviewed, Pat!

Dresden sounds like a nice place, will have to speak to my cousin about arranging a football trip there sometime

Removing away goals is a good shout actually.
    Let me know and we go for a couple of drinks. And then a couple more...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Patinoz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What's the options in NZ for you? Whereabouts?

vCash
    Former manager of Tomb City and current DTL Premier League and Champions League double champion (season 5), Erkifino faces 20 questions!

Cheers Bob for pinging this to me. Thanks for the nod Patz!
    I'm pretty paranoid about tech/info/info0 so I'm just gonna say Galway, Ireland. (I was watching Hackers the other day and Cereal Killer says 'you're name goes through like 17 computers a day'. Who'da thunk it eh?

I work in a medical device factory. We make stents/stent delivery systems and other medical devices. I love the innovation side of things, but the mass production not so much. Would prefer to play music for a living, but not in a cover band. Wedding bands do make a tonne but I love playing music too much to do that.

I don't support any team... I'm gutted when Ireland lose on the International stage and I couldn't imagine doing that week in week out. I do enjoy a good game of football. One of my favourite matches was Manchester United V Real Madrid. The 2nd Leg CL 2003, United won on the night but lost on aggregate. Ronaldo, Zidane, van Nistelrooy, Giggs, Beckham.

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02? How did you get on?
    I was always one for picking a lower team, but I have fairly vivid memories of signing Glen Crowe for Brentford and having to sell Ijah Andersen. Steven Hunt, Lloyd Owusu. Never won much though. Funny thing, Tony Folan played for Brentford, after injury and playing for the local team started working in the factory I'm in. He was amazed I knew so much about Brentford.

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life?
    Tó Madeira, but that's probably because my brother and I used to play CM against each other, take turns on the pc and both watch with white knuckles as our teams faced each other. Tó Madeira always popped up with a late winner. Lloyd Owusu definitely gets a nod as a player that wasn't on the lists and lists of good players from the internet.

I do remember winning the CL with Oxford. I was always one that liked taking the lower teams and winning stuff with them. Tried with cash rich talented squads and never finished a season.

Warthog. I can get cranky.

Not as much as I used to. If it weren't for this site there'd be no time spent at all. I've started many a challenge but I absolutely stink. I should probably just finish a few and submit my crappy scores.
    9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game?
    Doesn't bother her at all.

Have a stupid amount of games on steam which I never play, chipped xbox with mame emulator, PS3, XBox 360 and like a fool I just picked up a One based purely on EA Access. Amazing value that. TBH don't play much other than FIFA.

The amount of times my older brother wiped the hard drive of everything including my epic games w/ my other brother. Can't really fault the game for the hours I got out of it.

For many an Ireland supporter Italia 90 was the pinnacle. Nothing can surpass the feeling on the island... That penalty shoot out v Romania.

I remember watching that on a 14" television.

13. If you were the president of FIFA, what rule would you change to make football more interesting?
    Cap the wages. The amounts of money thrown at what appear to be absolute chancers is a joke. But I am fully aware it's the world in which we live.
    Players playing for the team they actually want to play for versus the one who throws the most money at them. Agents can piss off too. Leeches.

I always wanted to play football, was half decent at spotting a pass. Couldn't finish to save my life though. Anyway, Ireland's national sports, mostly hurling dominated in my home town. I grew up resenting it as I wasn't much good at it, but that aside, the passion, work ethic and all that seems missing from Football is amazing. These "amateurs" do it for the pride of wearing a crest. Money? Yeah right. I don't think they even get paid petrol money!

Not a lot these days. I might watch a game of Hurling or Gaelic Football with my dad from time to time. Used to follow F1, but it does nothing for me nowadays. Always liked playing basketball, not much into watching it though.

16. If you won the Lottery (say £4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy?
    I've always said if people didn't have to pay rent or mortgage life would be amazing. I could use my underused civil engineering skills and design and build my own house.
    With a round tower, swimming pool, recording studio, football pitch, orchard...

Oliver Cromwell, Robin Williams, Jonas Salk, Abraham Lincoln.

In the metaphorical sense? The state of the world...
    In the literal sense? Not a lot. I could sleep. Sleep. And sleep some more.

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was)?
    'NOFX - please play this on the radio' to sound cool. Is that even cool?!
    Spoiler!

Actually: Yeah yeah yeahs - Maps
    Spoiler!

The man who is running the non VIP soccermanager - Ian Mac Nab

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Didn't realise you didn't support a team!

Yeah - that Man U v Real game was immense!

Q8 - get involved do those challenges mate. Scores don't matter just the fun of doing them

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Nice one, Erk. Lloyd Owusu was a favourite of mine back in the day too, Brentford had a decent squad with some value in it if I remember rightly.

Yeah, get your scores submitted. May as well get involved! My scores for challenge 1 + 2 were nothing in comparison with others who blitzed them but at least I had a crack and made a story out of it too

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one Erk, although I can't imagine not supporting a team.

Hurling players are nut cases, wouldn't mess with one of those!

PM on the way to Ian Mac Nab

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    I am guessing you are from Athenry or Portumna Erk but not expecting an answer

Same favourite football moment

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Brilliant read Erk , as always.
    Love this thread

33. The Following User Says Thank You to pyromyst For This Useful Post:

vCash

Twenty Questions (Episode 46 - Ian MacNab)

Soccer Manager-Manager Ian MacNab is this week's victim, here are his responses!

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States

Process Development Scientist for a major pharmaceutical company. I move products from one manufacturing site to another, and make sure that the process is equivalent, and is capable of meeting the safety, quality, purity, and operational efficiency required.

Arsenal - but as a fan...not a supporter.

Altrincham, on the free demo back in 2002. Upper mid-table in the conference.

I don't have an all time favorite CM01/02 player, as I play so slowly that I usually only get one save per database.

In real life - Denis Bergkamp.

Finishing the original Wrexham challenge in the Premier League.

Dog - loyal and persistent.

Less than an hour

I play lots of old games. She says, 'come up to bed soon.'

Paradox Titles:
    Victoria II
    Hearts of Iron 1
    Chrusader Kings 1

AGEOD Titles
    Birth of America
    American Civil War (1)

Civilization
    Alpha Centauri
    Aurora

Etc.

Not having club expectations improve fast enough to deal with actual accomplishments.

Being carried off the field as the player manager of my university intramural football team for making the school quarterfinals.

Post-match reviews and bans for unsportsmanlike conduct (diving, time wasting, cynical / tactical fouling).

Amateur. I played from age 9 to age 32, when I tore my achilles.

I have played all positions. Most enjoyed sweeper, wingback, box-to-box midfield, keeper, and trequartista.

Cycling - what little I can get on TV in the US.
    American College football - Purdue and Maryland (our alma maters).

Pay off my house and buy a minivan for the family.

a) Jesus
    b) Abraham Lincoln
    c) Ghandi
    d) Daniel

Right now, a massive cold.

I don't have an ipod.

mkskozienice - unless you can get ozrooster, and get him to explain why he dropped out of soccermanager when he was dominating...

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Brilliant Read..

Q10 Civilization. Wasted many a month on this game, Possibly my most serious addiction next to cm01/02.

Hope you shift your cold Ian.

vCash
    [QUOTE=pyromyst;258133]Brilliant Read..

Q10 Civilization. Wasted many a month on this game, Possibly my most serious addiction next to cm01/02.
    QUOTE]

ohoh, same here. Haven't played it in a couple of years now but man! My ex even quit her summer job just to play more...

38. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wish my Mrs would say "come to bed soon"...

What the hell's a trequatista?

vCash
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs is great Erki fills the gap from elastica for me

I have 255 hours on Civ5
    Last edited by merkezekrem; 25-09-15 at 01:09 PM.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post: