Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 2 (Episode 94 - takaros7)

vCash
    Cheers

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash
    Selakovic, what a legend!

Just a bit cramped in the house, ey? Congrats on another one on its way!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Selakovic, what a legend!

Just a bit cramped in the house, ey? Congrats on another one on its way!
    Selakovic was ace.. RW, RM, AM, Striker.. He scored bucketloads. Was a close call between him and Kallstrom.

Yes very. 4 kids between ages of 15 and 8.. plus the two oldest step kids still at home, when they aint at their boyfriends/girlfriends houses.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    We have the same favourite player.

Selakovic was the man!!

Very full house you got there mate. Congrats on the one on the way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Nice one Toppo!

Congrats on the upcoming addition to the Toppo family!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    Nice one Toppo, thanks for completing.

Wow, you really do have a full house! Congratulations on the pending new arrival! Same advice to you that I gave to mkskozienice really, Bob is a really great name if it's a boy

I'm sad to say I never really discovered Selakovic, maybe it's time for an ODB game

There's so many CM0102 kids recently born of in the way I think we could have a thread!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Bob never managed THE Selakovic?!
    Bob has missed out

We shall have to start a Selakovic appreciation thread where we show bob the joys of Selakovic!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Topofthekop For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one Toppo. Congratulations on your forthcoming housemate. A great read as always. Have to say I didn't have Selakovic much. Always went for Kallstrom or Farnerud.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pyromyst For This Useful Post:

vCash
    ODB FTW!!!!

Makes me wanna start a super swede odb game signing just swedish players

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EL-TOPPO View Post
    ODB FTW!!!!

Makes me wanna start a super swede odb game signing just swedish players
    Hahaha, please do. Being a swede, it's absolutely ridiculus how Selakovic of all players have became such a cult player. Many football fans don't even know who he is.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A big fan of the Twenty Questions thread, and active across much of the website, this week's answers are from Pyromyst!

Firstly Thanks for the nomination Toppo!! I love this thread and have to admit it’s one of the few I have read right through.
    1. Where do you live? (Town and Country)
    Plymouth, UK.

2. What do you do for a living?
    I’m a nuclear Engineer, and I get involved with Nuclear reactors and fuel on board our fleet of Trident subs.

3. What football teams do you support?
    Plymouth Argyle, Always have and hopefully always will, currently enjoying life at the top of League 2. Though I do have a soft spot for Palace.

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02? How did you get on?
    It was Leeds Utd. I remember looking at their squad and thinking I cannot lose, (which I did for quite a long time) I eventually learned about the qualities of Samba, Tsigalko, etc. and found myself victorious in Europe in a very short time.

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life?
    In the original DB it was Thomas Gravesen the guy was a beast at dmc, and was usually available after the first season.
    Real life, that’s a tough one I was always a huge fan of Malcolm Supermac macdonald. Loved his pace and power, awesome potential that never really reached its max.

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02?
    When I started out playing I used to get angry and upset about my failure to get my head around the tactical side of the game , so I used to download supertactics on a regular basis check out the best players and win everything, Then I got bored. So I would say my greatest achievement to date is not a major one by most people’s standards but simply taking Plymouth Argyle to the Champions league using my very own non wibwob tactics, and no cm scout, still has to be one of my proudest.

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best?
    A wolverine.. “The wolverine, a solitary animal,has a reputation for ferocity and strength out of proportion to its size, with the documented ability to kill prey many times larger than itself.”
    Yeah I have always been the proverbial ginger kid , consequently I have a very short temper and I’m usually not afraid to let people know!! However I am now 52 and I have mellowed somewhat.

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02?
    Usually play Daily, sometimes for an hour sometimes more. Though there are periods when I go to sea on a submarine that I could be away from Keyboard for weeks.

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game?
    She really doesn’t mind ,She is 15 years younger than me and she likes gaming too, plus it usually means she gets to watch whatever she likes on TV whilst I play on CM or on Xbox live. We have been together for 17 years now, never married but we do have a lovely daughter who is now 12

10. What other computer/console games do you play?
    Oh wow , I play Civilization , Age of Mythology , Diablo, Elder scrolls Oblivion on PC but love Call of duty , FIFA and Minecraft on Xbox one.

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02?
    The ungrateful bastards that just use everyone else’s knowledge and time to benefit themselves. The ones that Shout and Bawl because the update is late but never offer to contribute in any way at all.

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football?
    The wonderful Michael Owen goal in the 1998 world cup Unbelievable https://youtu.be/fV7XxkqLjDE

13. If you were the president of FIFA, what rule would you change to make football more interesting?
    Definitely a 4th official with video technology. Make the constantly inconsistent refereeing a lot better for all.

14. How good a player were you in real life? What position did you play?
    Shocking, the fat ginger kid, always last to be picked and usually put in goal whether I liked it or not.

15. What other sports do you follow?
    Love Formula 1, darts, and speedway.

16. If you won the Lottery (say £4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy?
    New Nissan GTR. What a car. i had a skyline for a short while.

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet?
    1. Adolf Hitler
    2. Ayrton Senna
    3. George R R Martin
    4 . Michael Jackson, just to ask WHY??

18. What keeps you awake at night?
    I get quite a lot of stress from my job, that keeps me awake very often. I also tend to find myself worrying about stupid things that I have no control over. I am a very light sleeper , i wake at the slightest noise since i was burgled.

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was)?
    I don’t have an Ipod but the last track I played in the car was “Bullet for my valentine” Fever..

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next?
    Kaneman

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Some really great answers there Pyro.
    Sounds like you have a pretty important and stressful job! Hope CM helps give you some down time.

Couldn't agree more about the ungrateful bastards! They really wind me up too.

I absolutely love that goal by Owen. I remember sitting there screaming at the telly "GIVE IT OWEN" for the remainder of the match after Beckham's red card.

Once had a Skyline?! I had one too, although only a virtual one on... you've guessed it, Gran Turismo (2)

Top stuff, cheers!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for the nomination, pyro!

Nuclear engineer sounds like an epic job, although I doubt I could handle being underwater in a metal container...
    Approve of your choice of games
    One question though... why Adolf Hitler?

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMem View Post
    I’m a nuclear Engineer, and I get involved with Nuclear reactors and fuel on board our fleet of Trident subs.
    Have only got this far

The ungrateful bastards that just use everyone else’s knowledge and time to benefit themselves. The ones that Shout and Bawl because the update is late but never offer to contribute in any way at all.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Blimey, I hope you've got a steady hand to work as a nuclear engineer Must be fascinating and hard work as well?

Owen's goal. What a night that was, one of my earliest memories of football being 12 at the time!

Civilsation, what a classic

Kaneman - I assume pyro just wants to punch Adolf on the nose in person?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A big fan of the Twenty Questions thread, and active across much of the website, this week's answers are from Pyromyst!

Firstly Thanks for the nomination Toppo!! I love this thread and have to admit it’s one of the few I have read right through.
    1. Where do you live? (Town and Country)
    Plymouth, UK.

3. What football teams do you support?
    Plymouth Argyle, Always have and hopefully always will, currently enjoying life at the top of League 2. Though I do have a soft spot for Palace.

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02? How did you get on?
    It was Leeds Utd. I remember looking at their squad and thinking I cannot lose, (which I did for quite a long time) I eventually learned about the qualities of Samba, Tsigalko, etc. and found myself victorious in Europe in a very short time.

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life?
    In the original DB it was Thomas Gravesen the guy was a beast at dmc, and was usually available after the first season.
    Real life, that’s a tough one I was always a huge fan of Malcolm Supermac macdonald. Loved his pace and power, awesome potential that never really reached its max.

When I started out playing I used to get angry and upset about my failure to get my head around the tactical side of the game , so I used to download supertactics on a regular basis check out the best players and win everything, Then I got bored. So I would say my greatest achievement to date is not a major one by most people’s standards but simply taking Plymouth Argyle to the Champions league using my very own non wibwob tactics, and no cm scout, still has to be one of my proudest.

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best?
    A wolverine.. “The wolverine, a solitary animal,has a reputation for ferocity and strength out of proportion to its size, with the documented ability to kill prey many times larger than itself.”
    Yeah I have always been the proverbial ginger kid , consequently I have a very short temper and I’m usually not afraid to let people know!! However I am now 52 and I have mellowed somewhat.

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02?
    Usually play Daily, sometimes for an hour sometimes more. Though there are periods when I go to sea on a submarine that I could be away from Keyboard for weeks.

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game?
    She really doesn’t mind ,She is 15 years younger than me and she likes gaming too, plus it usually means she gets to watch whatever she likes on TV whilst I play on CM or on Xbox live. We have been together for 17 years now, never married but we do have a lovely daughter who is now 12

Oh wow , I play Civilization , Age of Mythology , Diablo, Elder scrolls Oblivion on PC but love Call of duty , FIFA and Minecraft on Xbox one.

The wonderful Michael Owen goal in the 1998 world cup Unbelievable https://youtu.be/fV7XxkqLjDE

13. If you were the president of FIFA, what rule would you change to make football more interesting?
    Definitely a 4th official with video technology. Make the constantly inconsistent refereeing a lot better for all.

Shocking, the fat ginger kid, always last to be picked and usually put in goal whether I liked it or not.

16. If you won the Lottery (say £4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy?
    New Nissan GTR. What a car. i had a skyline for a short while.

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet?
    1. Adolf Hitler
    2. Ayrton Senna
    3. George R R Martin
    4 . Michael Jackson, just to ask WHY??

I get quite a lot of stress from my job, that keeps me awake very often. I also tend to find myself worrying about stupid things that I have no control over. I am a very light sleeper , i wake at the slightest noise since i was burgled.

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was)?
    I don’t have an Ipod but the last track I played in the car was “Bullet for my valentine” Fever..

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next?
    Kaneman
    Nukes, that's cool. I live 5 minutes from Faslane and used to work at both Faslane & Coulport briefly as a teenager but they keep my home town going.

If the SNP had their way there would be no trident and my town would turn into a ghost town like Dunoon after the air base shut.

Enjoyed your 20 questions.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash

Same here, very rarely read right through a thread but had read this one without really commenting much.

2 - Nuclear subs

6 - I still cannot make a decent tactic. Although the one I did sorta make using various other peoples wib wob screens was quite funny. Scored a fair bit, but conceded many as well

12 - Was a fantastic goal will happily admit, even though I hate him for eventually moving to Man Utd and badmouthing Liverpool (Could have taken him playing there, but what he said was a betrayal for the loyal fans who loved him)

14 - made me laugh

18 - I was burgled many years ago. I had gone away on the Friday night to work at Cheltenham V Festival, My brother stayed on the friday, Sat and went to work early sunday. I wasnt due back till early monday morning but mum went to the flat at 10:30pm to put lights on and make sure it was secured. I arrived home about 2am. Went to go straight to bed, found they had ransacked my bedroom. CD's, Games, other things. One thing they didnt see was my Playstation which was bagged up beside bed with a few games in. Luckily they were caught and got stuff back. But you feel violated by it happening and never felt secure there ever again.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Topofthekop For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    11 is a great answer.

Hell of a job you have as well.
    Silly question asking what your thoughts on keeping trident are!!

Great answers buddy!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Got a lot of time for Pyro and some cracking answers there mate - sound like a throughoughly nice chap

Can't believe you didn't go Plymouth in your first CM game tho

Q11 -

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
    Thanks for the nomination, pyro!

Nuclear engineer sounds like an epic job, although I doubt I could handle being underwater in a metal container...
    Approve of your choice of games
    One question though... why Adolf Hitler?
    Adolf Hitler.
    Simply because i am fascinated with some of his ideas. Early in life his political views are somewhat similar to mine. (although a little more radical), and Did he honestly think he would get away with taking over the rest of europe!!
    and to punch him in the nose mark!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to pyromyst For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you all for your kind comments , Believe me the nuclear world is not all its cracked up to be , very over-regulated,

EbFatz! believe it or not i am not terribly bothered about trident to be honest. i think it will have more effect on the Scottish dockyards. Trident is just a nuclear deterrent, in Plymouth we NEVER see live missiles , they are all loaded and controlled by the U.S we basically o all the major overhaul work on the reactors and the Boat itself. I guess it would still carry on if trident was scrapped. we will always have a deterrent here.

TOPPO! yeah the burglary really shook me up , i was asleep upstairs when it happened. Tactics. i am still very poor, i just don't have the patience to fine tune anything.

Mark! yes fascinating stuff , i really laugh when i hear some of the anti nuclear groups going on about how dangerous it is. when in truth they know little or nothing at all about it.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pyromyst For This Useful Post:

vCash
    3. George R R Martin

yeah baby. Make it a threesome. There´s a guy I´d like to have a beer with.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wow! The forum's very own Homer Simpson

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash

Civilization

6. 15 Years and I'm still tactically inept! I just don't have the enthusiasm or patience to develop my own.

10. I love Civilization, but with that, like CM01/02, I'm living in the past (so to speak).

12. I remember shouting at Scholes to "get out of the fucking way!", as if he could hear me though the telly.

15. Do you play darts? I love playing it, but hardly ever watch it. I love F1 too.

Great answers, that made for a very interesting read.

I assume pyro just wants to punch Adolf on the nose in person?
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromyst View Post
    to punch him in the nose
    Why stop there? Go full-on Wolverine on his ass!

Quote Originally Posted by pyromyst View Post
    i really laugh when i hear some of the anti nuclear groups going on about how dangerous it is. when in truth they know little or nothing at all about it.
    That annoys me too, especially the way some people take an opinion and use it as a fact. I used to work at a pharmaceutical testing lab and I've had protesters shouting at me for testing drugs on fish and cows... why the fuck would we test drugs on fish or cows? Literally nothing could be learnt from that. Ludicrous.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to trevorplatt For This Useful Post: