Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 2 (Episode 94 - takaros7)

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Yes, Avril Lavigne completes that 4 person list perfectly

Europa Universalis

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaneman For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    Cracovia! I have a soft spot for them since they featured as a starter club in one of Wato's AYTN series.

Nice one sk8r boi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Shit sorry Bob I forgot about this

vCash
    Avril

Owls!

You don't want to spend that £4m on much - you seem contented and happy!

Del Piero - class player

Can't believe I have never been to Kraków - been to a few other places in Poland but will have to get to Kraków one day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste117 View Post
    Shit sorry Bob I forgot about this
    Don't worry about it Ste. Chuck me some answers on PM if you fancy it and I'll slot you in somewhere. Would be good to hear about you

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash
    The Baron is next! Interesting!

Owls, I like owls. No explanation, you just like owls

After seeing it work successfully in rugby, I'd like video replays too.

vCash
    Agriculture University! And I thought I was the only farmer here

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    The answer to question 6 had me in stitches!!

vCash
    Two weeks ago gazzas1uk nominated Ste117, so here are his answers to Twenty Questions:

1. Where do you live? (Town and Country)
    Widnes, England

2. What do you do for a living?
    Factory work but also studying for a History degree on the Open University

3. What football teams do you support?
    Liverpool and closely follow Hertha Berlin

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02? How did you get on?
    It would have been Liverpool way back when my brother used to play it

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life?
    I remember signing Amauri and he scored in nearly every game for me, I think it was 2011/12, not 100% sure though.

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02?
    Taking Runcorn all the way to the Premier League after they got promoted to the Conference.

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best?
    Lion, Can be a nice person but suddenly turn and bite back with a nasty bite.

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02?
    Maybe once every few weeks now, unfortunately I have moved on and put most of my time in FM now, as I really enjoy the tactical side of the game.

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game?
    I am single so I don't have that problem and if I wasn't I wouldn't care what they think.

10. What other computer/console games do you play?
    FM, FIFA, F1, Simulation games

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02?
    The fact that I struggle to make a good tactical that works, whereas I find it easier to make a good tactic on FM which surprises me as I consider FM harder.

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football?
    Dudek saving Shevchenko's penalty to win the Champions League for Liverpool

13. If you were the president of FIFA, what rule would you change to make football more interesting?
    An automatic one game ban for diving and fines for surronding the referee.

14. How good a player were you in real life? What position did you play?
    I played a variety of positions when I was in the school team but I had my best ever game as a LB and won Man of the Match in a 5-0 win.

15. What other sports do you follow?
    Cycling, Rugby League sometimes

16. If you won the Lottery (say £4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy?
    I would go on holiday and buy myself a place of my own.

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet?
    King Henry III, I know not the person you where expecting, Tom Simpson, Robert Millar and Winston Churchill, no footballers unfortunately, just not a big thing for me.

18. What keeps you awake at night?
    Something too personal to mention here unfortunately, but a few of the regulars in the forum will have an idea about the certain person that keeps me awake all night coz they are constantly on my mind.

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was)?
    Lena- Beat to my melody, don't need one to sound cool coz listening to Lena Meyer Landrut is cool enough

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next?
    Let you choose.

I'll nominate RuiEsteves for his excellent work on the long running Vitoria Setubal story

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Play a good bit of FM myself, unfortunately not so good at tactics. Also, Lena , big fan.

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Well Done Ste.

Good answers there.
    You didn't mention any Cycling Manager games there.
    You given up on them?

vCash
    I can guess the personal answer, Ste!

Must be the time of the year, ebfatz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Well Done Ste.

Good answers there.
    You didn't mention any Cycling Manager games there.
    You given up on them?
    Yeah don't play it as much as I used to anymore, might start again though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I can guess the personal answer, Ste!

Must be the time of the year, ebfatz
    Yeah and the long story that it is haha still keeps getting longer too.

vCash
    This week's victim of 20 Questions is someone who's put their heart and soul into conquering Portuguese and European football with Vitoria Setubal (and taking us along for the ride). Here are RuiEsteves' answers:

First as an introduction, I need to confess that in real life my main passion is a different code of football, since I am an ex rugby union decent player and now youth coach in my local club.

Toulouse, France.

I work in the Commercial division of an industrial company. I get to travel frequently, mainly in Asia, which gives me some time (during long-haul flights, or in hotels) to play cm3.

None. I passionately support Stade Toulousain which is (a well known) rugby club of my home city. When I was a kid, me and my brother used to follow our local football side, Toulouse FC. But our city is a rugby city and there is no passion around football really. Then, mainly through cm3, there are several teams throughout Europe for which I have a soft spot – one of them is Vitoria Setubal (I have quite a long story in the Stories section, going on about them right now).

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02? How did you get on?
    I am quite new to cm01/02, this game with Setubal is basically my first game ever. However I have played a lot of cm98/99 in the past, long time ago. The first team I picked (I have no idea why) was Académica Coimbra in Portugal. I played 3 seasons in Primeira Liga before getting sacked, without having achieved anything worthy.

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life?
    In cm98/99, it is definitely Rui Esteves. He was a 32yr-old AMC playing in Korea and it was possible to sign him for not much. He was simply oustanding in an attacking playmaker role, you could get 2 seasons of incredible level from him before he’d start declining.
    In cm01/02, as I said I am new to the game, but after 12 seasons with Vitoria Setubal, my favourite player is definitely Ednilson. He’s simply amazing at DMC.
    In real life… there are many. I simply could have gone with Michel Platini, one of my childhood heroes and such a class player. But I will go with Argentinian striker Alberto Marcico, who became an idol in Toulouse FC in the 1980’s. He did not look like much, but for all the kids in this city, his talent was one-of-a-kind. I have seen him play several times and still have goose bumps about it.

BobMem: If you want to read RuiEsteves' excellent story, then the answer to this question might be a spoiler, so I've hidden it in a spoiler
    Spoiler!

Really, no idea.

It varies greatly. There will be one or two late evenings during which I put in a couple of hours and that’s it. But when I travel and if I am in the mood, and have enough time on my hands, it can be much more than a couple hours…

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game?
    I am married with 3 kids aged 9, 7 and 2. It took her quite a while to accept it, in the end she realized it was a guy’s thing and was part of my life. As long as it does not interfere with our family life, she’s now cool with it. But it was not always easy.

I am an old-timer (41). I occasionally play the Baldur’s Gate series, and Civilization III.

Not much, it’s such a great game. The regen thing maybe, it would be better it they were entirely newly generated. The fact that as you advance in time, Positioning increases while other attributes such as Determination or the physical attributes, tend to go south. The fact that the updates start back in 2001. The format of some competitions. Globally, the lack of flexibility to customize the game.

There are two.
    I am a rugby player, in a rugby city and my family has a rugby background. But one event in my childhood has put football passion in my heart forever. In 1985 for the first time ever, our local football club Toulouse FC qualified for what was at the time the UEFA Cup. And we were set in the first round against… SSC Napoli, which was like an all-star team for us with Diego Maradona. We lost the first leg in San Paolo (0-1) but I remember it could have been (0-5), we were lucky. I don’t know how he managed, but my dad got 3 tickets for the return game so he took me and my brother. It was magic. The stadium was packed, the atmosphere incredible and God himself, Mr Maradona, was playing on our pitch. And of course, we won (1-0) and El Pibe de Oro missed his penalty-kick, and we qualified on penalty shoot-outs. Me and my brother still talk about that evening, rugby was not offering anything like that at the time.
    The other favourite moment in real life football was when our country France, beat Brazil (3-0) and became World Champions in 1998. The whole nation went crazy. I honestly thought I would never see that in my lifetime, because we are not a very good footballing nation.

13. If you were the president of FIFA, what rule would you change to make football more interesting?
    I cannot stand the way the sport is played anymore, the attitude of the players, which means I seldom watch any football at all. I would do 2 things :
    1/ remove the cheaters from the sport and that is very easy. Any player simulating a foul, check video after the game and boom -> 3 months salary donated to a charity, 10 games suspended. I would instantly red-card any player talking to the ref. Do it like rugby. It’s an extremely easy problem to solve if they have the will at the top – but given how a corrupt and rotten body they are, nothing of the sort will happen.
    2/ ideally, I would make the sport amateur. Since that does not seem possible, I would limit as much as I could the impact of money. Not sure how. Maybe ge rid of transfer-fees, impose salary caps, get rid of the players’ agents. The entire sport is now more or less run by the mafia and it’s a sad thing.

I was a decent scrum-half (n°9) in rugby, played one season in Fédérale 3 which is the equivalent of the 5th division in France. I had some pace, was a good tackler, with vision and decent pass. I never played football in a club. With friends, a lot. Since I was a rugby player, I lacked technical skills with my feet so I usually played in the backs. But physically and speed-wise, I was good so this compensated.

Rugby of course. Road cycling, a lot. Skiing too.

16. If you won the Lottery (say £4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy?
    I would donate half to my local parish. The rest, invest in housing and pay off debts.

St Bernard de Clairvaux, Blaise Pascal, Chateaubriand, Charles de Gaulle.

I sleep like a log. The only thing that sometimes keeps me awake is when my youngest son (he is 2) has a rough night, but this is less and less frequent.

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was)?
    I don’t have an iPod. The current CD which I play in my car in the morning with the kids as I take them to school, is a choir of Basque songs, really powerful and beautiful stuff.

Baron Zbimg

As a conclusion, a big thank you to all the people running this site and enhancing the game so many years after.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Wiki's Alberto Marcico

#1 on changes to football

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great interview and a fascinating read

I actually thought you were Portuguese, not French! Must be due to the story

Fully agree with your FIFA rule changes.

Another Civilisation gamer, there's plenty of them here!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great to see you are a rugby man - my preferred sport as well - Ospreys are my team - we came very close to beating Clermont a couple of weeks ago away from home

Toulouse eh? Guy Noves did a great job with them

Q13 - I love your 1st part of that answer

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great memory against Napoli

Are you Basque? I also thought you were Portoguese, must be the nick.

Alberto Marcico: "He now runs a football school in the French city of Auch" Auch lol.

I always want to go to the Hotel Hagi owns in Romania but I dont think he'll be there, you can easly find Alberto tho

vCash
    Q19- youtube link?

vCash
    @Mark: am French indeed with no Portuguese connection whats'oever! however I do like Portugal and Portuguese people, am fascinated by their History and mark on the world, and they really are passionate about football and have produced many, many great players of the sport considering their population size.
    Civilization -> yes, big big fan. Have never gone beyond Civ3 though because it is so close to perfection...

@Redknapp69: yep, saw your posts on RWC thread. Ospreys did very well indeed in Clermont, taking a defensive BP at Marcel Michelin is always an achievement. Guy Novès is a legend down here, 4 European champions titles and 10 French champions titles. But his last few years have been disappointing, and French rugby issues run quite deep in my opinion, so no one really expects he will perform miracles with our national XV. As for FIFA rule changes... I really cannot stand anymore the divers, the cheaters, the talking to the refs. It's now engrained in the culture of the sport and it's despicable. And as I said, an easy problem to solve if one has the will.

@merkezekrem: that night against Napoli is a kind of magic night you never forget when you're a kid. I still remember how our local DMC - Pascal Despeyroux, a sort of butcher - went full blast tackling Diego Maradona right after kick-off (it was after like 10 seconds and he was yellow carded on the spot), just to show him he'd have a tough night. And the whole 35k in the stands were roaring as he was delivering his dirty tackle to the world's best player!
    Some of my ancestors were Basques, love the place and culture, but I don't consider myself Basque. I'm a Frenchman with roots in the South West, mainly around Toulouse. Auch is a nice small city in the Gers, about 80kms from Toulouse. I did not know Marcico lived down there! I met him a couple of times, he's a lovely chap. He was a bit fat as a player, but so amazingly gifted. He has quite a few caps for the Albiceleste by the way!

@AJ: this should give you a taste, it's in Dax but it's a very popular song in the Basque country which is just next door to the city of Dax.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ZUwZ-PhZ8

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuiEsteves For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wow... I was thinking that you were Portuguese!

Why the interest on Vitória Setúbal?

And yes... Rui Esteves... when I made the collection from the 94/95 season, I have his sticker and for whatever reason I though that he was a nice player.

By the way... I don't like Vitória although I was born in Setúbal.

vCash
    I cannot decide myself between Os Tres Grandes, probably because I am not Portuguese. They all are great clubs, each in their own way, I have a soft spot for each one for different reasons (Benfica for the sheer legend of the name, FC Porto for being by far the best in the last 30 years, Sporting CP for having most contributed to the blossoming of the greatest Portuguese talents...). Now on top of that I am fascinated by the passion and the ultra culture around football, and the golden era was 1960-1980's. Reading through the stories of the other good clubs of Portuguese football (Braga, Guimarães, Setubal, Belenenses, Maritimo), I found out that Vitoria Setubal had really been good end 1960's / early 1970's, actually not far from being champions and having several superb runs in Europe beating a few major scalps. This is how my desire to coach them grew. I also love the stories of minnows suddenly surpassing themselves, such As Paços de Ferreira recently or Tondela this season!

I did not know you were born in Setubal troza! how is it? tell me about the city... why don't you like Vitoria? because you prefer Benfica? how is Bonfim? the atmopshere? please tell me more...

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuiEsteves For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Another member who is pouring their heart and soul into a great ChampMan story, now faces the interrogation chair of Twenty Questions. Here are Malovaan's answers!

Berkshire, UK (originally from Cheshire)

Evolutionary Biology PhD student!

Man Utd

I used to play with my little brother, an Everton supporter. I got the awesome United team, he got the mediocre Everton side, poor lad. I will have been frustrated to be tactically inept and probably 3rd behind Arsenal and Liverpool, he will have been frustrated at mid-table mediocrity

Kim Kallstrom has never done wrong for me, but I think my favourite is Jamie Victory from Cheltenham. People go on about the wing-back on the other side for Cheltenham, Mike Duff, but I find Jamie Victory equally awesome on the other side.

My all-time favourite real life player has to be Giggsy, an absolute legend

Promotion to the premier league with Cheltenham (Duff and Victory being integral of course)! I've never actually had massive successes of sequential titles, European wins, etc. I've definitely stuck more to the lower leagues and feel like I know rather a lot of the useful players down there on the ODB now.

A bumblebee - generally quite sociable, like wearing stripes

Probably averages out at an hour a day, more on some days, not at all on others.

She tried to embrace it a few years ago and got me Football Manager 2011. I tried it and never got into it, too much time messing with the media, too complicated for me... I ended up just going happily back to cm01-02... I don't think she minded too much.

Age of Empires II, Civilization V

I think that I dislike how wib-wob can make it ludicrously easy to win everything. If you try to win by playing as best as you can, you wib-wob your formation, and then it totally trivialises everything and you constantly win. If you try to make it more realistic by limiting the tactics you play to those that aren't game breaking, then you know that you're purposefully handicapping yourself and you make it less likely that your team will win as much as you'd like. There's no happy medium, that annoys me!

1999 CL final, Sheringham, Solskjaer, unbelievable!

Immediate red cards for players rolling around on the floor feigning injury if they don't then actually require stretchering off and substitution.

Not very good! I migrated from right-back, to right-wing, to striker, back to right-back and was not great anywhere. I still play, but mostly 5-a-side, so positions don't really exist, I tend to be more defensive though.

None really, mostly only football for me. I'll watch other stuff when its on like Wimbledon or the rugby world cup, but I don't really "care" about anything else other than football.

A big house in the country

Alfred Russel Wallace (eminent biologist), David Attenborough (not historical yet, but would be interesting), Jesus (just to see!), Terry Pratchett (because the author that comes up with a world that exists on the back of a giant turtle swimming through space must be interesting to talk to?)

The people upstairs with their crying baby.

I don't often listen to music on it, mostly its just filled up with football podcasts, yesterday it was the football ramble.

Let's have Pegster next!

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

Psmith Unattached
    Nice interview! Regarding Q11, I reckon that having a really good non-wibwob tactic makes for a happy medium. The thing with NWW tactics is that you have to change team mentality and other instructions during the match to be successful.

Jaime Victory definitely under-rated!

Cheers

vCash
    Good answers mate

Firsty – can’t believe you didn’t carry on with this story http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showth...?t=4760&page=9

Q7 -

What’s your thoughts on LVG and current way of playing at Man U?