Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 2 (Episode 94 - takaros7)

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Q18 - why do you not like them?
    Actually I did write an explanation but decided to remove it before posting.

PSG and Man City is for obvious, money-related reasons. Especially PSG is a disgrace.

The FC Barcelona thing started during the Guardiola years, I think some of the ingredients was being:

1) An unproportionate amount of referee calls in their favor, especially in Europe.
    2) Excessive diving and attempts to manipulate the referee both when the ball was in play and when it was not.
    3) The arrogant opinion that their football was finer and better than everybody else, and that whenever they lost it was a loss for the real football.
    4) The indication that also the club was finer than other clubs, and stood for some kind of higher values that was more worth than respective other clubs.

See also my answer #12 the when I did these questions in round 1: http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread...189#post280189

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash

that shirt!

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash
    Good responses there. The comparison to Ronaldo

Re: movies. Just goes to show that some films are not for everyone.

Character for the Vipers coming across exactly the same

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    That response about Barsom

#cm0102 legend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Character for the Vipers coming across exactly the same
    Yet you keep me in the stands? Hand in your resignation tonight man!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    That response about Barsom

#cm0102 legend
    Sad but true. Even in this 1,5 minute highlight reel they included some actions that are pretty average... Some class goals though!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbt8sP3nuFc

On the other hand Micke Dorsin var a class defender bot in-game and IRL!

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Barsom is a politician now isn't he?

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    Q1-What place do you call home and what is your spiritual home?
    Just outside Athlone, a small town in the very centre of Ireland. Not really sure if I had a spiritual home what it would be.

Q2-Which CM superstar would you like to see play for your IRL club and why?
    Given that I'm a Barcelona fan, I've seen plenty of superstars over the years. I would have liked to have seen Javier Saviola live up to his CM potential, but it never really seemed to happen. I also adored Pablo Aimar both in the game and IRL, and would liked to have seen Damien Duff have a go, as it would be nice to see an Irish player at a top club, and he was class back in the day.

Q3-What's your drink of choice?
    Don't drink alcohol so I will say club orange or club rock shandy. Oh and red lemonade

Q4-What do you do for a living?
    Just graduated from college this year in software design, and got a job in a telecommunications company as a developer.

Q5-Who's your favorite Viper? Please explain your choice.
    There are a few I like - Redknapp69 as he is what I need to aspire to be, an influential player for the team in my position. I'll also say Kowalinho because he is a rock solid goalkeeper, and we are fecked without one . Also Dermotron, as he could be the next John O'Shea very soon .

Q6-Who would you like to see in the Forums Hall of Fame?
    No idea who is in there, I assume Tapani is already in so I'll say saturn, as he does a massive amount of high quality work

Q7-Any other hobbies?
    Enjoy a good bit of gaelic football and hurling, as many of you may have seen me talk about before. Also a big MMA fan, and enjoy some video gaming on the side too.

Q8-What is the best thing about this forum?
    I like how there is always something going on, and there are always people with interesting ideas to talk to. Also, obviously, all the people who are involved in making the updates, I don't know how you guys find the time or effort, and get nothing in return!

Q9-What do you eat the most?
    Yellow snack bars, probably. Drink a lot of tea too.

Q10-Who's your favorite babe m/f? pic please
    Gotta be Emily Blunt or Mila Kunis. Soft spot for Miesha Tate too, a babe and a badass
    Spoiler!

Q11-Post a pic of your favorite football shirt!
    Bought this one recently as I really liked it
    Spoiler!

Q12-How would your mates describe you?
    They'd probably say I pretty reserved but with a weird sense of humour.

Q13-What position do you look to strenghten first in-game?
    I usually buy a ton of midfielders, and try to get a quality striker. You may as well try to outscore the opposition, if you don't score you can't win!

Q14-Where do you go to on vacation?
    Sadly have never been outside of Ireland, would love to go to Barcelona some day, and I actually think I would like to live abroad at some point in the future. And I hear that software jobs are pretty well paid in Scandinavia

Q15-What's your most loved movie/ tv series and who's your fave character in it?
    Not really sure about favourite movie, not really a massive watcher. I'm not into that superhero stuff at all, and shit like Star Wars or Harry Potter just doesn't interest me. I'd much prefer a good comedy. I think maybe Hot Fuzz is one of my favourites, really like Coming to America too. And also Sacha Baron Cohen's films are always hilarious. On the TV side, my favourite drama was probably Breaking Bad, though I really liked Prison Break too. My favourite current TV show is Mr Robot. I also love Father Ted.

Q16-Menubars. Do you bother?
    Rarely. I often delete the menubar so it becomes transparent and the background can be seen fully.

Q17-What feature would you like to see implemented in CM 01/02?
    Like others have said, the CL structure would be cool. But I can accept that it's a 16 year old game, it is what it is and that's why we love it.

Q18-What team do you hate with a passion and why them?
    Real Madrid, as I am a Barca fan, and RM are a club without morals that think they are a step above everyone. Also Man Utd, a lot of arrogant fans, and Chelsea, plastic wankers.

Q19-Compare yourself to a real life football player!
    Haven't played in a while, but when I did I would probably say someone like Sergi Roberto or Steve Finnan. I'd like to think I could pass and cross it a bit (obviously at a really, really low level).

Felix's special Q. Listen to the songs Live Forever and Donít Look Back in Anger by Oasis. Which one did you like the most?
    Not an Oasis fan at all. Would probably have to say the second one if pushed.

Q20-Who would you like to see answering questions next and have you got a special Q for them?
    Erkifino. Big L or Biggie Smalls?

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    What are yellow snack bars?!

Mila

Q14 - yeah, quite a lot of good software stuff happening in Scandinavia in my industry

Q18

vCash
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadbury_Snack
    Shortbread covered in chocolate, basically

vCash
    Good lads, good. More reasons to banter knowing your weaknesses, mwahahaha .

vCash
    Forgotten his much I love this thread. Great answers Colml (and the rest).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good stuff, colml. Sounds like you've done well with your training and job Hopefully something can come up for you abroad!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yeah come over to Sweden alright! Great country for software developing I reckon!

About Q18: Have you ever heard of the expression "pot calling the kettle black"?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    The questions did change quite a bit didn't they? xD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    The questions did change quite a bit didn't they? xD
    I sure hope so.

vCash

vCash
    I guess I was supposed to tell Erkifino about this

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    chop chop!

I'll get to this over the weekend, all going well. Questions have changed enough for me to do it again.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

Q1-What place do you call home and what is your spiritual home?
    Galway, Ireland. It's a nice place... it's a lot better when we have a run of good weather. Spiritual home? I loved San Francisco when I was there as it felt like a bigger version of Galway... but since myself and herself eloped to Helsinki, that is my spiritual home. Scandinavian's seem to have their shit together in a lot of ways.

Q2-Which CM superstar would you like to see play for your IRL club and why?
    I don't really have a club... I enjoy a good game of football. City are playing amazing stuff. Arsenal used to. Barcelona used to. I guess Galway United are closest but it's painful to watch them. Can't defend, can't score. I wouldn't call him a superstar but I signed Gary Doherty (D/SC) a fair few times. Put him in defence and if we struggled for a goal, move him up front and long ball it to him... I don't know if it actually worked... ever.

Q3-What's your drink of choice?
    Much like the previous CMer, colml, I don't drink. (2 sober Irishmen?!) I used to drink bucket loads of Coke but started boycotting their products, to the best of my ability, after watching the documentary Blue Gold. Rock shandy is good, but Finches over Club.

Q4-What do you do for a living?
    I work for a medical device manufacturer. In the area I work in we make stents and their delivery system. I work in the training side of things.

Q5-Who's your favorite Viper? Please explain your choice.
    Kowalinho...begrudgingly. He's keeping me out of the team, but he's doing it in style.

Q6-Who would you like to see in the Forums Hall of Fame?
    Wato. His interactive stories were great craic!

Q7-Any other hobbies?
    Guitar, drums, writing songs. Doing it since the age of 12. I haven't been in a band for a while... This was one. I got mellower as I grew older.
    Spoiler!

Q8-What is the best thing about this forum?
    DTL is the shizzle. Although, I know there are loads of other things going but I just don't have time to visit. The community here is great, from the update team to the story tellers to those that run interactive games. The shoutbox is a neat addition too. DTL is the shizzle though.

Q9-What do you eat the most?
    Biscuits. McVities are the business!

Q10-Who's your favorite babe m/f? pic please
    Morena Bacarin
    Spoiler!

Q11-Post a pic of your favorite football shirt!
    This jersey comes with rose tinted glasses
    Spoiler!

We probably had the best players we ever had and we played some awful football. These guys were capable of a lot more, but that didn't matter!

Q12-How would your mates describe you?
    I don't know. Next time we're playing Cards Against Humanity, I'll sneak my name in as one of the answers and get back ya.

Q13-What position do you look to strenghten first in-game?
    It's usually dictated by the team I takeover followed by who's cheap and effective. I guess I'm partial to decent DMC.

Q14-Where do you go to on vacation?
    I'm not the sit on a beach type...although I'd like to see the Maldives before they're gone. I'm interested in architecture/engineering (La Sagrada Familia, Golden Gate Bridge etc.) and natures finest (Niagara, Grand Canyon, Giant's Causeway etc). I'd love to visit the sites of ancient civilisations like the Incas, Aztecs and Khmer Empire. I do like food too so any local cuisine is always good.

Q15-What's your most loved movie/ tv series and who's your fave character in it?
    I did a screenwriting course and it nigh destroyed movies for me. The structure of movies is so formulaic. TV is going throw a golden age and the ability to develop characters is great. Walt White was great example of this. To answer the question Mike from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul is a legend.

Q16-Menubars. Do you bother?
    No. I think I may have done it once.

Q17-What feature would you like to see implemented in CM 01/02?
    I did like the Ultimate Soccer Manger feature of investing in the stadium, stalls etc. I wouldn't have time for that now though!

Q18-What team do you hate with a passion and why them?
    10 years ago I would have a similar thought process to colm but I don't think there is a club with a moral high ground. Barcelona without a shirt sponsor was one of the few things that made them more than just club, now they're just like every other club. Clubs are brands now and are so far away from what they started out as. Supporters should walk away and let it crash and reset.

Q19-Compare yourself to a real life football player!
    Mohamed El Neny. Can't defend, can't shoot, decent passer. Leave me in the middle of the park.

Colml's special Q. Big L or Biggie Smalls?
    Not a hardcore Rap fan. I can listen to the Beastie Boys/RUN DMC/Bodycount... Gonna go with Biggie Smalls coz Big L isn't ringing any bells/

Q20-Who would you like to see answering questions next and have you got a special Q for them?
    Staying with the Irish contingent,Dermo. Special question... Fr. Damo, take it away!

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Someone didn't see El Neny's goal in midweek

Didn't know you moved to Helsinki, Sweden (see Die Hard ). Bet that was a great experience

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    Q5: because you didn't turn up for half the season..

Q10:
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Someone didn't see El Neny's goal in midweek :whistle:

Didn't know you moved to Helsinki, Sweden (see Die Hard :D). Bet that was a great experience :ok:
    Die Hard is the ultimate Christmas movie! Haven't moved, just 'ran away ' and got married there.

As for el neny, I did miss it. Rarity. :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Q5: because you didn't turn up for half the season.. :lol:
    F
    Q10: :love:
    I was on a hiatus.

She's easy on the eye.

vCash
    Q1 - so you got married in Helsinki (why? - missus Finnish?) but living back in Ireland?

Any reasons you boys don't drink booze?

Q6 - yeah - where has Wato gone? Great stories

Q9 - I used to work for McVities - I stuck on some timber there with freebies on my desk every day

Q10