Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 2 (Episode 94 - takaros7)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    I play guitar, invite me too Bev
    Lead vocals and rhythm guitar in my band. What a talented bunch we are!

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Lead vocals and rhythm guitar in my band. What a talented bunch we are!
    Indeed! I play my flute several times a week

3. The Following User Says Thank You to colml For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevchenko View Post
    Hmmm then I nominate.... Fodster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate, will get straight on to this to keep it rolling.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    1. Where do you live ? (Town and Country)

Bondi, Sydney, Ausralia

2. What do you do for a living ?

General Manager for a Height Safety/Access company

3. What football teams do you support ?

Man United (Dad was a season ticke holder in the Best/Charlton days and was born a mile from Old Trafford)

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02 ? How did you get on ?

My brother introduced me to this one after we both used to play this one originally and then we both got CM01/02 for Xmas one year, we were instantly hooked and would spend hours, of course both being United fans we had to flip to see who would manage United. One of our other frends was an Eveerton fan so whoever didnt get United would always be Everton. Cant remember too much but we were both pretty shit and never won alot. It was my bro who found another foru wth hints and tips (more like cheats) so we sarted snaping up the legendary players and started to improve drastically. I remember my brother showing me how to use the editor and of course I made myself a superstar striker for my home club Lincoln City
    Spoiler!

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life ?

The guy I am gonna choose is Pawel Brozek, a) he was an abslute beast in a save game I had and actually put 5 past United (my bros team) for Everton at Old Trafford and b) I loved his name. Real life my fav player in this era has to be Ronaldo. Just for his flair/skill and goal scoring record.

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02

Would have to be playing with Lincoln United, taking around 25 seasons, non wib wob, no scouting tools and a standard 442 to win the PL and then the PL and CL the following season. Thoroughly enjoyed the challenge, this was al before I knew about WIB WOB and CM Scout etc etc

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best ?

Monkey, im cheeky and Im always messing around annoying people.

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02 ?

Funny this question come up as I just yesterday loaded up CM for the first time in around 4 months. have it open now and am having a game on the new update. Will probably play all day today as I am off work. Normally though Id play 2-3 hours a week

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game ?

She desnt know I 'play' the game but Ive told her I used to be involved in edting/scouting. She said it was 'cute'

10. What other computer/console games do you play ?

Got a PS4 so play Watchdogs, Call of Duty and Fifa 15. Dont really play any other games on the Laptop/PC. However, am quite addcted to Mystery Manor one of the Facebook games.

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02 ?

Just the CL structure but I wouldnt say its an annoyance. I am sure like everything else someone will crack it soon enough.

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football ?

Has to be the CL final United beating Bayern, watching it with the old man and seeing him in tears of joy

13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting ?

I would remove the option of a draw in league games. Play to win, after 90 minutes the first team to score wins. Could go ether way tho, teams become more cautious or they go for the win....

14. How good a player were you in real life ? What position did you play ?

I was a decent strker/attacking midfielder. Youngest ever player to sign school boy forms for Mansfield Town at 9, moved over to Lincoln City and played in their Under 18s. Had trials at Sheff Wed and was asked to go play for Notts County but rejected due to travel. Wrote to Man United asking for a trial. Played for Lincoln United for a year or two in the old Uni Bond and was scouted by a couple Div 1 and a couple prem teams (so the club secretary told me) after that I thought I had made it, never trained, started shagging women and found alcohol, a bad ankle injury, piled on te weight and never got back into it.

15. What other sports do you follow ?

Im a keen golfer, play off 6 right now. Got down to 4 and have shot many round under par. Dont practise enough. Used to play county standard at Tennis to so not to bad at that still, also love a good game of Pool.

16. If you won the Lottery ( say 4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy ?

Id pay for my brothers visa so he could come live in Australia too, then Id buy me and the Mrs a nice rooftop apartment overlooking Bondi beach.

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet ?

1) My mums mum, she died when my mum was 15 and my mum aways says what an amazing women she was
    2) George Best
    3) Nelson Mandella
    4) Clarke Kent

18. What keeps you awake at night ?

Work, running a company is very stressful and Im often waking up wonderng if I had sent that email or rthat text or paid a bill on time,

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was) ?

Ana Criado & Nitrous Oxide - Before I Met You

Spoiler!

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next ?

Im gonna go with my old mate OzRooster

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice interview Fodster!

Certainly sounds like you could do a bit on the pitch, pal.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaggy For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Great stuff Foddy!

Smashing stuff regaling the footie career - seemed like you done well fella!

Am liking the lottery answer question as well - sweeeeeeeeeet as bro!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Turning down Notts County ended your career I reckon!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bevchenko For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What's this ? Stealing my job ?

Thanks for pushing this along. I'll pick it up with OzRooster.

I didn't know we had a genuine football superstar on the forum. Our first champman0102.co.uk galactico !
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Pretty sure Jesus was our first Galactico, as star and founder of the First Jerusalem United FC.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'd fancy one of these, how long until someone nominates me?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ExecutioN14 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm up next Ex, I'll pm you when I'm done bud, then you're up. .

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Nice interview Fods. Hoping to get to Oz myself at some point in the near future.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesus For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Nice interview Fods. Hoping to get to Oz myself at some point in the near future.

that's quite the walk, even for you.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    What's this ? Stealing my job ?

Thanks for pushing this along. I'll pick it up with OzRooster.

I didn't know we had a genuine football superstar on the forum. Our first champman0102.co.uk galactico !
    Sorry man, didnt realise there was a regime I had to wait for, just jumped in when Bev nominated me

I did score a hatrick against City of Manchester boys playing against Wes Brown, not sure how Galactico that is....

vCash
    I'm sorry, i have to make a small suggestion since i would love to hear this out of everyone.

Shouldn't there be a question of the most emotional moment we have ever seen in football? There were so many, whether it's the departure of great players (Beckham, Shearer, Hyypia), incredible last minute goals, etc...

EDIT: Possibly replace the animal question...

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    I'd say question 12 covers that?

vCash
    dang, didn't know Fodster was a potential player we could be signing on CM

Awesome stuff!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I'd say question 12 covers that?
    Yes, it does, but, for example, a departure of a player isn't exactly your favourite moment.. Neither is a defeat of your favorite team in a big match. It's emotional, but not really something to remember with joy.

vCash
    I'm gunna be on the piss all weekend and most of Monday, life's tough.

ExecutioN14, feel free to jump on mate .

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozRooster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Guessing the quiz-master reigns have been slotted off The Eejit

Got round to reading this thread this morning. Great stuff!!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Since The Eejit wasn't here to post this, i thought he forgot about the PM i sent him, so, because i won't be around much for the coming week, i'll put my answers myself, i hope no one minds.

1. Where do you live ? (Town and Country)
    Belgrade, Serbia.

2. What do you do for a living ?
    I am currently in my first year of a higher (We have a thing that is, in terms of quality, in between high school and actual college) school of Electrical Engineering in the area of Audio & Video Technologies.

3. What football teams do you support ?
    Ever since i saw the 2004/05 Liverpool machine created by Rafa Benitez, i instantly knew this was going to be my favorite team. It still is.
    I also supported, as a native Serbian, Red Star Belgrade, but domestic football here is nothing other than conspiracies, corruption, fixing results, illegal transferring... Money made its way and destroyed what Serbian football once was, so i gave that up. There's no love anymore. Only the older people who talk about Bari and Tokyo in '91 and the good old days.

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02 ? How did you get on ?
    I remember my brother was playing a game that, to me, looked like something i came to know as Microsoft Excel (I was about 7). I asked him what it was, he showed me the ropes, and as i watched him play more and more, i started to understand how everything worked. In the meanwhile, i saw Maxi Lopez on TV when he was in Barcelona, so i asked my brother which club is he in in CM, so i started managing River Plate. In my fourth season, i managed to win the Copa Libertadores.

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life ?
    In the game, my favorite player of all time has got to be Fernando Cavenaghi. Might have to wait for a bit, but he becomes a beast after 2-ish seasons, scoring 2.5 per game guaranteed.
    My real-life idol from football would be no-one other than Ronaldinho.
    From my childhood to growing up, he taught me fair-play, taught me never to cry, but to laugh over a lost ball, he taught me respect towards the other team and all the fans, even taught me some dribbles.
    Basically, where i come from, football was only watched because "Ronaldinho was playing". No one cared what team it was. During his time in Barcelona, he created something unique, something really inspiring. I don't expect anyone like him to show up for a long, long time.

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02?
    Few years ago, I signed two 16-year olds from Vitoria and brought them to Fiorentina. One was an AMC, other a striker. I watched them play for my club until they were both 38. The AMC broke the 1000 games barrier, while the striker scored 890 during his career at Fiorentina. I saw them play their last game together, both scoring and assisting each other towards a 5-1 win over Inter for the Scudetto, and i saw them retire together after their last game. Then i knew i fully understood the regen mechanics of CM (i was probably 12 then).

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best ?
    Probably the sloth, since i am incredibly lazy sometimes.

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02 ?
    About 5 hours tops. I grab whatever free time i have left for some other stuff instead, but i still play the old gold.

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game ?
    I am currently single. Although, i have many friends who support me playing this game. Many of them play it themselves, actually. Even one of my teachers.

10. What other computer/console games do you play ?
    DotA 2. I don't know why i haven't stopped due to the awful amount of players who aren't bad as much as they are rude and ignorant. Somehow, i just keep coming back.

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02 ?
    "Believes the club needs more squad depth", "Name Surname fuels transfer talk" among other things. Although, offering insane amounts of money for a player and him signing for about a million for some other team can be annoying as well.

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football ?
    Liverpool - Milan ECL final, 25.5.2005.
    I remember everything about this match. I watched some of the greatest players ever in their prime, and i watched the best Liverpool team of the 21st century. And i watched my favorite team win. Doesn't get any better than this.

13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting ?
    I would remove the away goal rule. It would make certain games much more interesting. Plus, when your team needs to win and accidentally concedes a goal, it's a bit harsh to suddenly have to win by 4 goals.

14. How good a player were you in real life ? What position did you play ?
    I was god-awful at football because my technique and dribbling sucks, but i am quite good at free kicks. Also, i can do a mean spin. I am pretty sure i once repeated the Roberto Carlos free kick. Without Barthez, of course.

15. What other sports do you follow ?
    NHL and NFL. My brother loved that stuff, so i would occasionally watch it with him. Suddenly, i knew all there was to know. Just like CM!

16. If you won the Lottery ( say 4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy ?
    Well, if there is ever a mad scientist that starts claiming about how he can bring people back from the dead, i'd give it to him so that he could give me at least a day with my old man.
    But, since that will probably never happen, i would most likely buy a nice little house on a Cape Verde beach, and a nice old-school car to go along with it. I always wanted the Ford Crown Victoria from '85.

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet ?
    - Nelson Mandela
    - Mahatma Gandhi
    - George S. Patton
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

18. What keeps you awake at night ?
    Well, i do have sleeping problems already, but sometimes it's the dumptruck that comes by around 2:30 AM.

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was) ?
    Eiffel 65 - Silicon World. I don't even have an iPod. I use my phone for music.

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next ?
    I'd like to nominate my fellow Liverpool fan, and possibly one of my favorite members of this forum, Redknapp69.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExecutioN14 For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash

Twenty Questions (Episode 5 - Fodster)

Very insightful there ExecutioN14!

I particularly like your answer to Q5 about Ronaldinho - genius player in his prime

Q12 - Is Djimi Traore counted as one of the greatest players

Thanks for the nomination!

Ozzy - are you sober yet?! Do you want to post up your answers or shall I crack on?

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    Nice one ExecutioN14.

Very insightful. That Champs League final was an amazing game, no doubt about that.

Oz is probably still working out what the ipatch thing is that the kids jeep talking about!

Pot/ kettle and all that mind

vCash
    Great stuff ExecutioN14

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast