Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1037

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 2 (Episode 83 - jacobclear)

vCash
    Great stuff And1!

That Cameroon shirt was great

Gothenburg - very nice place

Only has eyes for his girlfriend

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks Redknapp!

Been to Sweden many times? If so, any favourite place?

I think Stockholm are the most beautiful city as living around 4,5 hours away I don't see it often so that makes it special when being there. Gothenburg's great too, helpful and nice people!

vCash
    Been to Gothenburg and Stockholm. Both very nice. I could certainly like in Stockholm.

Helps that you have nice blonde women as well!

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Good answers And1..... I was positive that I sent you a PM...... maybe it went to someone else by mistake

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice stuff, And1

Of course you have a Zlatan menubar

Do you remember a right-back called Mikael Hansson? Was an incredibly fast right-back who joined Stoke in the late 90's. Not a bad player if I remember rightly but was on the ageing side.

A very nice and diplomatic answer about your favourite babe being the missus

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks, Mark!

I remember him and was a bit surprised that he never played for the national team (although after typing this I googled and wikipedia said he played one time, still not enough) even though we had our best time in our history in the 90's, to be a regular in England regardless of division is impressive.

Fair to say that he was a bit better for you than John Guidetti was

vCash

Yes, it says it all that I completely forgot we also had Guidetti

vCash
    Gothenburg, north, snow. Come on up to Levanger. it's properly north!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Gothenburg, north, snow. Come on up to Levanger. it's properly north!
    Pretty north over here on the good side of the Atlantic if you want to discuss cold and snow

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for the nice words And1... for sure I don't deserve to be in the hall of fame... but I appreciate your words nonetheless.

Q1 - What place do you call home and what is your spiritual home?

I live in a small town in the country around my hometown, Pisa, in Italy. I worked for a few years in Turin, Friedrichshafen and Noordwijk and all of them are fantastic places. Sometimes I wonder how my life would be now if I had permanently relocated there instead of coming back home.

Q2 - Which CM superstar would you like to see play for your IRL club and why?

I have no exotic name for this, I think it must be this guy: https://www.transfermarkt.it/loris-p...spieler/160869, my own casual creation . CM2 96/97 was my version of choice until a few years ago. It's just a 3300 players game, so every year I used to spend the month of September to update the game and the rest of the year playing it (or doing funny things like converting CM96/97 Norwegian to Brazilian). For some reasons, this Palazzo guy turned out a beast of a player, scoring loads for more than ten years in a row.
    Spoiler!

Q3 - What's your drink of choice?

I am a little bit a fitness enthusiast and in a couple of years I'll turn 50. It's very difficult for me to deviate from drinking water. Still water. Sometimes I have a beer or a glass of wine. I like a good espresso (at least thrice a day).

Q4 - What do you do for a living?

I work for an engineering consulting firm.

Q5 - Who's your favourite Viper? Please explain your choice.

I am not that much into the Vipers, but I think this must be Trunky. I like his sense of humour... and I used to be a fan of Samantha Fox back in 1986.

Q6 - Who would you like to see in the Forum Hall of Fame?

Well... only Beezer, Dermot and Tapani are in so far? Probably Saturn, with his patches, is providing a unique service to the community.

Q7 - Any other hobbies?

Tons. I would mention Body Building, classic Heavy Metal (Maiden, Priest, Sabbath...), SciFi books (Asimov, Adams...), non SciFi books and comics (Gaiman, Pazienza,...).

Q8 - What is the best thing about this forum?

The people attitude. Everybody respect everybody else. Most people personality arises well defined from the posts they publish. Reading posts, I often get the feeling that I have something to learn from most of the members or that they are better persons than I am in one respect or another.

Q9 - What do you eat the most?

Unfortunately, pizza. I use my lunch break to enjoy a walk around my hometown and usually only stop for a few minutes to have a slice of pizza before resuming my walk.

Q10 - Who's your favorite babe m/f? pic please

I don't know, twenty years ago it was Cristiana Casoni for sure (warning, open at your own risk!).
    Spoiler!

Q11 - Post a pic of your favorite football shirt!

In Pisa, when you think of a football shirt, you can't help but thinking of this Klaus Berggreen shirt, torn around 35 years ago during a Juventus - Pisa. The guy who owns it is often requested to lend it around for expositions and events.
    Spoiler!

Q12 - How would your mates describe you?

Sorry, I don't know much about my bad sides... and I am too shy to write about my good sides.

Q13 - What position do you look to strengthen first in-game?

GK -> D C -> DM C -> S C. I like a good backbone. I am not a market enthusiast. I do wib-wob so average players are ok for me. I usually extensively try everybody I have at the club before rushing to the market, as there are no Bosmans until the end of Seasons 1. I don't like to pay for my players and carefully look for the June Bosmans as soon as December arrives, to be able to make offers the first day they are available to be signed.
    German/Dutch defenders are often great bargains... maybe it's the CMCZ touch?

Q14 - Where do you go to on vacation?

Wherever my wife forces me to go (call it a survival instinct).

Q15 - What's your most loved movie/tv series and who's your fave character in it?

Movies: Idiocracy, Clerks, The Matrix. TV series: Dr.Who.

Q16 - Menubars. Do you bother?

Not really. I made one for my 1366x768 setup, and still use the same one.

Q17 - What feature would you like to see implemented in CM01/02?

This must be the CM03/04 2D match. I know it's not very popular, but I really miss it, I could read the game very well, in every detail. A full game lasted 40 minutes on my pc and I carefully watched every instant of it. It was broken in next versions of the game (maybe the reason was the 2005 version was not CM anymore, but FM instead), very dull when compared to the CM03/04 one.

Q18 - What team do you hate with a passion and why them?

I am a DB updater so I am not in the position to hate or be biased against any club. Anyway, the answer is so obvious to me, that I won't shy away from the question: I couldn't really say I am a big fan of Florence and Fiorentina. I'd better not start ranting about the reasons.

Q19 - Compare yourself to a real life football player!

I was a mediocre left back teenager, usually sitting on the benches of every club I've been at. Later, everytime we had a match between friends, I used to wait for everybody to get their preferred positions (and for relevant fights to settle), and then, whatever position was left empty, I used to go there to fill the vacancy and take care of the role and duties nobody else want (which is also a little bit my attitude towards work and life matters in general). That was more or less the same thing Claudio Cesare Prandelli used to do back in the 80s when he was a player.

Q20 - Who would you like to see answering questions next and have you got a special Q for them?

Bruebous (couldn't see him in the list). I know you have a good knowledge of worldwide football: is there any league that you don't know much about but nevertheless you would be interested to take care of as an updater?

Q21 - I wonder when he first started playing this great game and what club he played with the most.

I am a fan of football manager games since this one from 1984 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3zs7PB-QQ, the game with no keeper! Then I played The Manager for a short time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt-iLvf80_U but soon moved to CM1 from the very beginning. I reluctantly moved to CM2, which slowly became my favorite, but couldn't settle with CM97/98 and got back to CM2. Completely SKIPPED CM3 and jumped directly to CM0304. Which I loved but had a severe bug which I continuosly triggered due to my style of play. So I got back to CM2. I played CM2 until a couple of years ago (over 20 years), trying a few FM versions every now and there and rejecting all of them (I played the FM Mobile version for a while).
    A couple of years ago I came to this site, started playing CM0102 and I've never made the path back to CM2. I usually play with minor teams trying to make my way up to upper tiers, often my hometown Club (...third tier...).

Q22 - Self asked question... give us your best anecdote about CM, right here, right now.

In 2001-2003 I had such a busy period at work that I just couldn't play CM at all for two years. Suddenly the company I worked for experienced a bad period and they instantly put me and many colleagues on a hiatus. I was not fired, but was paid very little, waiting for the company to fold or coming back to work. Though most of my fellow coworker were worried about the dramatically reduced money income, I was very happy at the idea of finally having the full day available to play CM.
    I remember I used to play CM literally for the whole day, sometimes night included, until I had a monster session of around 28 hours and decided to calm down a little. I used to play sitting on an old armchair, instead of a regular chair, and, because I had the monitor on the right side of my desk, I used to sit on a folded leg in quite an uncomfortable position.
    After 8 months of full CM immersion, sitting the whole day with an unbalanced distribution of weights, I triggered a painful epididymitis on my left testicle which I ignored until the day my company called me back to work, and I found out I couldn't walk because of the pain.
    When I got back to the office, my coworkers greeted me asking what I had done in the last 8 months and I replied that I just played CM. "OK. You played CM and what else?" "Nothing else, just played CM, morning to night, sometimes night to morning too.""Oh, wow.. nothing else than playing the same pc videogame for 8 months? Didn't that break your b*lls?". "Actually yes," I replied "but only the left one". [I am not fluent in English, I hope the joke is not lost in translation].
    Last edited by Andrea71; 05-12-18 at 02:16 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrea71 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one Andrea71!

Sam Fox

Pisa - nice place. I went to Lucca after Pisa and that was beautiful - I could live there!

Q10 - is that photo of her 20 years ago or now?

Q14 -

Q21 - OMG - I remember that game from 1984 - but as I would have only been 6 I must have played a version a few years older but I definately remember playing that on C64!

Q22 - Wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - brilliant story and perfect joke to it

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks Redknapp,

Lucca is really a very nice town. Most Tuscany towns have their own character, but Lucca has indeed something special.

I think the photo of Cristiana is rather old. I think she failed to make it big in the fitness world and relaxed her training schedule a few years ago. But she's still active in the master circuit though.

I'm glad the joke is not lost in translation... some things are universally the same in all the languages of the world
    Last edited by Andrea71; 05-12-18 at 02:55 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea71 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Very nice read Andrea... reading some of your answers made me very nostalgic in a good way... being Danish I have super fond memories of Berggren, Laudrup and Elkjær playing in the Serie A in the 80's... and those old manager games - yes oh yes... and that left ball story - perfect Cheers man

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pisani For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice to see the spotlight put on another key member of the update team

Some great opinions there, very insightful!

Survival instinct to do what the wife wants to do

Matrix Shame that they ruined the first one with those follow-ups

Sounds like you had a long journey to CM 01/02 but got there in the end

8 months of CM, 28 hour session one time Even I've never managed that

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Have you pm-ed Bruebous?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisani View Post
    Very nice read Andrea... reading some of your answers made me very nostalgic in a good way... being Danish I have super fond memories of Berggren, Laudrup and Elkjær playing in the Serie A in the 80's... and those old manager games - yes oh yes... and that left ball story - perfect Cheers man
    Thanks Pisani. Elkjaer is also a big favorite of mine. At Pisa, apart for Berggreen, we also had that Henrik Larsen which was one of the top scorer at Euro 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Nice to see the spotlight put on another key member of the update team
    Some great opinions there, very insightful!
    Survival instinct to do what the wife wants to do
    Matrix Shame that they ruined the first one with those follow-ups
    Sounds like you had a long journey to CM 01/02 but got there in the end
    8 months of CM, 28 hour session one time Even I've never managed that
    Thanks Mark.
    The Matrix is really a great movie and I totally agree the follow-ups are as bad as they can get... and then some more.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Have you pm-ed Bruebous?
    I did this morning AJ, thanks
    Last edited by Andrea71; 05-12-18 at 10:12 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea71 For This Useful Post:

vCash

I just move (a week ago) to Nova Friburgo, which is in the mountains in Rio. I was born in Rio, wich is probably my spiritual home, even though I lived for 13 years in Joinville, south of Brazil.

Maybe Marajó, from ODB. He is not a machine like Tsygalko, but used to be very useful.

Water. I drink water every meal I have, the entire day. And Tangerina juice. Is delicious, but hard to find.

I'm a cop. More like a CSI, but withouth the fancy stuff.

Don't follow Vipers, sorry.

If he continues to do he's patches, saturn for sure.

Q7 - Any other hobbies?

Playing football irl, watching a lot of movies and series.

It's still going after more than a decade.

I used to be more healthy, these days, all sort of crap, chocolate, candies, pizza. I'm a big child per say lol

I'm picking a brazilian chick, so you guys probably don't know (she was in a Playboy magazine, so it's a LOT of nudes pics)
    https://www.gostosashd.blog.br/revis...embro-de-2001/

Not much for the shirt itself, but one of the best teams Vasco ever had.

https://trivela.com.br/ha-15-anos-ro...d-no-maracana/

Shy, funny, honest. My wife thinks I'm beautiful

GK - S C. Both ends of the team. The rest I can live with I got most of the time.

Used to be Rio, now wil probably be over seas. (getting a new passport right now)

Q15 - What's your most loved movie/tv series and who's your fave character in it?

Movies is a hard choise, love a lot of then. Maybe Lord of the Rings, character Legolas (the guy can't miss) Also a football movie is The Damned United (hard to find football movies by the way). TV series: Also a lot, but in the moment GoT, character Tyrion.

Nope.

Champions league with actual format. The guy who cracket it should go to the wall of fame straight away.

As a Vasco fan, Flamengo. It's the biggest rival.

Anyone that sucks lol. I play only for stubbornness

Q20 - Who would you like to see answering questions next and have you got a special Q for them?

CMCZ. He is one of the main reasons the update is good as it is and I wonder how he managed to get the time to do so much updating.

Q21 - Is there any league that you don't know much about but nevertheless you would be interested to take care of as an updater?

I like playing in Italy, England, Spain, Portugal, but don't know if I would have the knowledge to update any of then.

Q22 - Self asked question... give us your best anecdote about CM, right here, right now.

I'm not sure is a anecdote, but might happen with other people. Every person that sees me playing CM, never understand the game, thinks it's idiot. Why??? It's such a fun game! That happened with my dad,mom, sister and recently with my wife. She just stand there for a minute and says: I don't see why you like this game so much.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bruebous For This Useful Post:

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Hey, we can call someone else a cop now

I've never been to Brazil, but I was in Pisa when I was 2 years old

Great to read some information about the people behind the scenes. I've been here for longer than most but I barely know these guys

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I pm CMCZ, if he didn't answer jacob can go if it is ok for everyone.

vCash
    Lovely stuff Bruebous - agree with CF's comments about great getting to know others that are in different areas of the site

Cop eh?!

Where do you want to go when you get your new passport?

The Iguazu Falls you have is incredible

Favourite "babe" - VERY nice - it's probably not a link you want to open if you are in work though

vCash
    Man, these questions are getting answered quickly!

bruebous is a cop!

How's life living in Rio?

Legolas never misses because he somehow has an endless supply of arrows

Who doesn't love Tyrion in GoT?

Looking forwards to seeing what CMCZ has to say.

vCash

I live in Zwolle, where PEC Zwolle plays, altough I have nothing with this team. I have lived here my whole life. The one other place with a special place in my heart is Aruba. There is always a very nice breeze at this island and in my younger years have had a lot of parties here, like poolparties.

Arjen Robben, not sure he is a CM superstar, but he is the one I would love to see to my club because I think he is the best Dutch player of my generation and I think he would perfectly fit in with Ajax. If this question is based at the game I would say Pablo Aimar. Love to get him with Saviola and Riquelme to my teams back in the days!

90% of the time I drink water, but in weekends I drink cola and rum.

I'm a owner of a supermarket, which is ideal for being an updater as I don't have schedules, but can work or refuse to work whenever I like. besides that Mark pays me a lot of money to work at the updates. Still surprised some of the other guys do it for free.

Dodge Viper

Samsami, he is in very own way special to this forum with all his amazing stories. All the time he puts into this is amazing.

Q7 - Any other hobbies?

I like to see amateur football and am a fan of the 'third half'. I also like parties very much and like to hang with Dermotrons mother

The introduction of Usain Bolt in the last update

I think bread?

Besides Dermotrons mom, my all time favourite is Tiffani Thiesen:

I have good memories to this away shirt of the Dutch team altough the results @2012 were very disappointing for us.

https://www.onsoranje.nl/nieuws/nede...nue-van-oranje

as an asshole, not because I am, but because they are assholes.

To be honest I don't play the game that much anymore. Depends of the team which positions are the weakest...

Been to Copenhagen, London and Athens this year. Copenhagen was the most fun of these 3 cities.

A few years ago there was this tv-serie Lost with all the mysteries and mindfucks. I was addicted to this and the final episodes were aired while I was at vacation in the Middle East. I watched them with poor internet in a hotel lobby somewhere in Syria or Jordania. Good memories. Nowadays I like Game of Thrones and Stranger Things. My fav. character is Steve Carrell in the American version of the Office. Rewatched the Office several times, great show! 2nd favorite is Charlie Runkle in Californication.

I like most bars.

All rules and competitions like they are in nowadays. The game would be perfect if we could have this.

Altough I'm Ajax-fan I don't hate Feyenoord or any other club. I liked when Feyenoord had this cultteam with Heus, de Wolf, Taument, Kiprich and all these guys. I don't hate any team but don't like teams without special players. In the Netherlands we have a team as Excelsior who always have a team full of mediocre players and noone you would want to go to see them playing.

Thats hard to say, but I wish I was more like Nathan Rutjes who played at Roda JC last season. He is always very positive and I wish to be this kind of a person.

AJ, because I want to know what he does at Feyenoord. Dont have a special Q for him, but he can get my D if he wants it.

Q21 - Is there any league that you don't know much about but nevertheless you would be interested to take care of as an updater?

I have updated Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Russia, Turkey, Croatia, Denmark, Scotland and Portugal last time and parts of Argentina and Australia and have done Sweden, Norway and Italy in the past. So not much mystery there left. I have no interest in updating any more leagues, would love to do less. In a wishful situation I only do the Netherlands, Belgium and France, but nowadays it's wishfull thinking to find updaters. Luckily Niko took Germany!

I am more about updating nowadays as I play the game. The joyfull feeling of working hours and hours to create the perfect database, a continous battle with the clock to release the update in time and that awfull feeling when something went wrong, like that time I accidently fucked up a CR of a Germany youth player to 200 just before release and we didnt noticed it and released the update, that time all stadiums got fucked up just before release and we didn't noticed it or a stupid wrong transfer we made and released the update, a duplicate we forgot or accidently deleted an important player or an important manager that got fired irl just 1 day after release (f u Spartak Moscow)

But there is also the beauty when you can get a realistic ranking of a competition which is almost the same as the current ranking irl or if we can manage to get Cocu fired during his first season in the game, as we believed this would also happen irl or if we are able to recreate the Pogba-Mourinho dispute in the game without making Pogba sucky player.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMCZ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CMCZ View Post

Arjen Robben, not sure he is a CM superstar
    He is! Still disappointed when he turns up in every winger search and he has his transfer to PSV set

Quote Originally Posted by CMCZ View Post

I'm a owner of a supermarket, which is ideal for being an updater as I don't have schedules, but can work or refuse to work whenever I like. besides that Mark pays me a lot of money to work at the updates. Still surprised some of the other guys do it for free.
    Haha

vCash
    • Why you not interested in Zwolle as a club?!
    • Just food/drink you sell at your supermarket or try to be a type of “one stop shop” place?
    • Q10 – she was AWESOME back in the day – not so much now – but we can all say that!
    • Question – it seems like most of the updaters don’t play the game that much – why? Is it because you get overkill of the game when updating (bit like a chef or something) – ah you answered it later on!
    • Copenhagen is a fine City

vCash
    Which supermarket do you own? Appie, Plus, Coop, Dirk, Aldi, Lidl?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!