Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1199

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 2 (Episode 94 - takaros7)

vCash
    Nice swan, Včrkűh!

As soon as you said speedy I saw this image of Rommedahl appear in my mind . The dime store Jesus Navas (about a million caps for Denmark, mind you).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I loved Navas, such a humble player........ shame he was left out of favour at Man C eventually but he's regained his feet at Sevilla

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    Nice swan, Včrkűh!

As soon as you said speedy I saw this image of Rommedahl appear in my mind . The dime store Jesus Navas (about a million caps for Denmark, mind you).
    Thank you for that!

I didn't say he was all bad

vCash
    Guy for my local club in the A-League called Matt Millar - plays like Rommedahl - same playing style but the Aussie looks like a newborn giraffe when he tries to sprint

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    Guy for my local club in the A-League called Matt Millar - plays like Rommedahl - same playing style but the Aussie looks like a newborn giraffe when he tries to sprint
    How are the heading skills of this 'animal'?

vCash
    Pretty lanky, he's a full back.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I suppose CMAdventurer is inactive - did we PM him/her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    I suppose CMAdventurer is inactive - did we PM him/her?
    Not so long ago, but yes, I did.

vCash
    Thanks for the nomination, Včrkűh, hopefully these answers won't disappoint.

Q1 - What place do you call home and what is your spiritual home?

Blackpool is where I call home, having been born there and lived in and around the town my entire life. As for my spiritual home, well seeing as I can't think of anything, I'll just say the CM forums.

Q2 - Which CM superstar would you like to see play for your IRL club and why?

Any defensive superstar during Pool's Premier League season would have seen us stay up comfortably, as we scored plenty but conceded far too often. Alessandro Nesta would have been perfect for us. I know it's ambitious, but you've got to dream!

Q3 - What's your drink of choice?

I stay away from the booze as it tastes awful and I have enough unhealthy habits as it is. Soft drinks all the way, particularly 7Up, or if I'm feeling adventurous, a glass of water.

Q4 - What do you do for a living?

I've recently completed an accounting course and am currently seeking employment. I may study further as well.

Q5 - Who's your favourite Viper? Please explain your choice.

Sorry, I haven't been following but it looks like fun.

Q6 - Who would you like to see in the Forum Hall of Fame?

As I spend the majority of my time in the stories section these days, I'd have to go with my favourite story writer, which is Kingsley. His stories are always well-written and full of entertainment. Currently, he is attempting to win every trophy in the game, each one with a different team. He's a lunatic for attempting it (in the nicest possible way) but I fully expect him to do it as long as his save file doesn't corrupt. They're well worth a read if you haven't already.

Q7 - Any other hobbies?

I enjoy quiz shows such as Pointless and The Chase and as a result, I have really broadened my general knowledge in recent years, although there's still so much more I want to learn. Countdown is another of my favourites and several times a year, I travel to different areas of the country to compete in light hearted tournaments based on the show.

I did get in to running briefly a while ago and I'll hopefully get back into the swing of things before too long. Or at least some form of exercise, which I don't do enough of.

Q8 - What is the best thing about this forum?

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming, unlike some of the football forums I've seen. But I'm sure most people say something along those lines, so I'll add something else. The very fact that there is a forum dedicated to a 17-year-old game is a wonderful thing, with most people seemingly obsessed with Football Manager these days. I prefer old school gaming and I'm glad that there are plenty of others who share my preference. The effort that goes into keeping the game alive is phenomenal and not only keeps it alive, but adds a whole new dynamic to the Champman experience.

Q9 - What do you eat the most?

Unfortunately my diet contains too much sugar, so plenty of chocolate and biscuits. It's not all bad, though as I'm a big fan of Indian curries, with madras being my favourite. I used to eat vindaloo as well, before deciding that my mouth's well being was more important than trying to impress people.

Q10 - Who's your favourite babe m/f? Pic please!

Being a Countdown fan, it's got to be Rachel Riley. She is also just as glamorous and pleasant in real life as she appears on screen.
    Spoiler!

Q11 - Post a pic of your favourite football shirt!

The early 90s was the golden age of shocking football kits but in an odd way, I like them. I'll opt for Norwich City's infamous “bird poo kit”. Say what you like about it, but it coincided with the most successful period in the club's history.
    Spoiler!

Q12 - How would your mates describe you?

Quiet, friendly and a little bit of a nerd, although I may not appear to be too interesting until you get to know me a little.

Q13 - What position do you look to strengthen first in-game?

I like to recruit defenders with high positioning attributes, as well as a strong defensive midfielder, as I believe these are the key to being solid at the back. It's easy to score plenty of goals in this game, so if you can keep them out at the other end, you can't go too far wrong.

Q14 - Where do you go to on vacation?

I rarely venture outside of Europe and in recent years, cruising has become a family favourite. They're mostly around the Mediterranean and we visit the same few places pretty much every time, although we did do a Baltic cruise a few years ago, which was a nice change of scenery. When I'm not cruising, I tend to visit the same few locations in Spain, most commonly the Canaries.

Q15 - What's your most loved movie/tv series and who's your fave character in it?

I hardly watch much of either but Monty Python's Life of Brian would be at the top of my list. It's hilarious from start to finish. Any character played by Eric Idle is great (his voice is too funny!), as is Brian's mother. And let's not forget Biggus Dickus! He's not one of my favourite characters, I just wanted to mention him. Maybe I'll grow up one day.

Q16 - Menubars. Do you bother?

A couple of years ago, I designed some for my story (nowhere near the standard of menubars available on the forum) and used them for a while. And then I deleted them and I've since forgotten how to add menubars, so I probably won't bother from now on. Most menubars are designed for specific clubs and seeing as I change jobs on Champman more often than I change my underwear, there's not much point in me using these anyway.

Q17 - What feature would you like to see implemented in CM 01/02?

Dear all chairmen abroad, I understand if you don't want me as your new manager, but would you please have the courtesy to let me know? Any message in the newsfeed that saves me from having to constantly check the job information page would be most appreciated.

Q18 - What team do you hate with a passion and why them?

Not sure about “hate”, but Man City and PSG are both getting on my nerves, as they've both got too much money behind them for my liking. The latter are also annoying because they're bloody impossible to beat in my story.

Q19 - Compare yourself to a real life football player!

Dimitar Berbatov, although obviously not in terms of skill level. I'm the laziest person I know, while Berbatov's not exactly renowned for his work rate, making him the obvious choice.

Q20 - Who would you like to see answering questions next and have you got a special Q for them?

riise seems to be doing some great work lately and I'm surprised he hasn't been selected for this yet. My question is...

If you were to release your autobiography, what would it be called, and why?

Q21, brought to you by Včrkűh - In terms of music, do you have a song/genre that you consider to be a guilty pleasure and if so, would you care to share it with us?

Oh go on, then. There's something about the Eurodance genre from the early to mid 90s that I find appealing, particularly the upbeat nature of the songs. As for guilty pleasure songs, dare I admit it, (takes deep breath) I like a few by the Spice Girls. I promise you that the majority of my musical taste is much classier.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CMAdventurer For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Blackpool lad!

You had a crazy story under "Ollie" - I was gutted when you didn't stay up. As you say, couple of decent defenders and you could have been a stable mid table team or better

How do you feel about current situation (I mean the Oyston period) - is it over now? Who owns club? Fans? Brighter times ahead? Fans going back to stadium

Wahahahaha - when you said you like game shows I KNEW your babe ould be Rachel Riley

Beauty of a Norwich shirt that

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

As I responded in the PM, I'll get on it on Monday!

I went for an audition for Countdown, but failed I was like 19 and everyone else there was clearly retired and Countdown was their life! I also got called in for Pointless but I couldn't attend the audition when they wanted me to!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Blackpool lad!

You had a crazy story under "Ollie" - I was gutted when you didn't stay up. As you say, couple of decent defenders and you could have been a stable mid table team or better

How do you feel about current situation (I mean the Oyston period) - is it over now? Who owns club? Fans? Brighter times ahead? Fans going back to stadium
    Thanks for your kind comments on our Premier League season! It appears that we won the hearts of many neutrals with our football, just a shame that we couldn't find that little bit extra to stay up. It was still a fantastic journey. Sadly, the Oystons proceeded to ruin much of the legacy by illegitimately stripping the club of millions, which has ultimately led the to protests and their downfall. They have also treated the fans like dirt, with legal action brought against many of them. I won't list all the awful things they've done, or else I'd be here all day.

The club has been placed into receivership, with a temporary board appointed pending sale. The Oystons are no longer in control, although they're not out of the picture for good until the club is sold. They still owe around Ł25 million and could technically buy the club back, although it's an unlikely scenario.

Good riddance to them, the last five years have been utterly shambolic. I'm not celebrating properly until the club's sold but otherwise, I'm delighted that this is as good as over. The mood around the club has been jubilant as well. Many fans have boycotted home matches for four or five years now but Saturday's game against Southend is when many including myself are returning, which should be a momentous occasion. There's the possibility of a 12 point deduction, which would see us drop into the thick of a relegation battle but it's a small price to pay to remove such toxic owners.

Hopefully there are happier times ahead and in the short term, there should be a huge morale boost to everyone connected with the club. Sadly, we may have lost a sizeable part of our fan base due to the shambles of the last few years and it may take some time to recover from the mess the Oystons have left. As long as our next owners go about their business in the right way and treat the fans with respect, that's good enough for me, with any success on the pitch being a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post

As I responded in the PM, I'll get on it on Monday!

I went for an audition for Countdown, but failed I was like 19 and everyone else there was clearly retired and Countdown was their life! I also got called in for Pointless but I couldn't attend the audition when they wanted me to!
    Sorry to hear about that. If you're still interested in Countdown, I'd seriously recommend giving it another go. They appear to be struggling for contestants these days and the standard in general has certainly declined. As long as you're decent enough, you should get on. I can assure you that the vast majority of contestants do not have Countdown as their life and are just armchair viewers.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CMAdventurer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CMAdventurer View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. If you're still interested in Countdown, I'd seriously recommend giving it another go. They appear to be struggling for contestants these days and the standard in general has certainly declined. As long as you're decent enough, you should get on. I can assure you that the vast majority of contestants do not have Countdown as their life and are just armchair viewers.
    Yeah, I probably should! Haven't watched it for years, mind.

P.S. I held off doing my 20 Qs on purpose, so as many people as possible got the chance to see yours

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash
    Yeah, glad you did that, riise. Need at least a week in between each one imo and loads jump the gun and post right away

vCash

P.S. I held off doing my 20 Qs on purpose, so as many people as possible got the chance to see yours
    Knowing how shithouse the contestants are these days you'd get in there real quick!

In fact, come to think of it - that post you made is more intelligent than the contestants themselves!

"Give that man a nighthood!"
    Last edited by jacobclear; 07-03-19 at 12:03 PM.

vCash

Good man!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash

Thanks for being so thoughtful, really appreciate it.

I say go for it. If you get on, it'll be an unforgettable experience, no matter how you do.

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Rachel Riley is almost the perfect woman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Rachel Riley is almost the perfect woman
    Spoiler!

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    And she'd do it very intelligently. Whilst cheering for United. Whats not to love.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hasn't she gone a bit crazy on twiiter recently?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Hasn't she gone a bit crazy on twiiter recently?
    She has been a bit of a nutcase online as of late.

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash
    Seems like she banned her dancer partner from strictly come dancing too

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Seems like she banned her dancer partner from strictly come dancing too
    She is so unintelligent she is almost on my level

vCash
    Q1 - What place do you call home and what is your spiritual home?
    I live in Wirral, Merseyside – a peninsula that juts out between Liverpool and North Wales. I was born here, but spent a large part of my childhood living in Bermuda. I’d call that my spiritual home – I got used to island life!

Q2 - Which CM superstar would you like to see play for your IRL club and why?
    I always thought I’d love to see Kim Kallstrom at Liverpool, but his real-life spell at Arsenal really shattered the illusion. We could probably do with a partner for van Dijk at the moment, so I’ll say Fabio Rustico.

Q3 - What's your drink of choice?
    I’ll usually go for an IPA or other craft ale-type things where available. Otherwise, premium continental lagers e.g. Heineken, Stella Artois, Grolsch. If forced on to spirits – dark rum & ginger beer! But I also do drink about four litres of water per day at work in the week, in an attempt to undo the weekend’s poisoning.

Q4 - What do you do for a living?
    I’m a ‘Quality Assurance Analyst’, which effectively amounts to designing and testing software. I thought about expanding on that but it is what it is.

Q5 - Who's your favourite Viper?
    I was only there for about half a dozen games before The Great Crash of 2018, but I’ll say GFRay as he welcomed me to the #RBU (before I defected to left-wing).

Q6 - Who would you like to see in the Forum Hall of Fame?
    Luessenhoff! The amount of work he’s put into improving the ODB is mind-boggling.

Q7 - Any other hobbies?
    I stupidly agreed to a challenge to run 750 miles in 2018 (finished on 21st December ), so right now anything except running! I couldn’t really play much football in case I got injured and fell behind on the running, so I’ve been playing a lot of football again so far this year. I also cook from scratch most nights, so that can be a bit time consuming… I’m counting it as a hobby!

Q8 - What is the best thing about this forum?
    The people! Everyone just gets along, it’s great. The fact that many of the active members either don’t play the updates or just don’t play the game at all any more, but still stick around, is testament to how good the community is.

Q9 - What do you eat the most?
    Definitely tomatoes, couldn’t live without them – whether that be in pasta sauces, stews, soups or just sitting at my desk eating cherry tomatoes. I also get through an ungodly amount of chorizo, it’s basically a cheat ingredient, throw it in (almost) anything and it does most of the seasoning for you!

Q10 - Who's your favourite babe m/f? pic please.
    I went through a phase when I was younger of falling in love with the female lead in basically every movie/TV show I watched… don’t really have “crushes” any more, but Alexandra Daddario is one of the few celebrities I follow on Instagram, so I’ll say her.
    Spoiler!

Q11 - Post a pic of your favourite football shirt:
    Not terribly exciting design-wise or anything, but I liked the yellow away kits Liverpool went through a phase of having – I’ve got ‘Riise 6’ on the back of this. It must be 12 years old now and still fits! I managed to keep it in excellent condition all those years, then my girlfriend nigh on destroyed it in the dryer after just a few months of living with her
    Spoiler!

Q12 - How would your mates describe you?
    They’re not very nice people so they’d probably just call me a smart-arse. I’d like to think they find me funny, though. I’m reliable, if nothing else!

Q13 - What position do you look to strengthen first in-game?
    DMC, 100%. My go-to tactic uses two of them, so always start there and build around them. I don’t mind having some young idiot on the wing for a bit, but I will not compromise on the quality of my DMCs.

Q14 - Where do you go to on vacation?
    I try not to go to the same place twice, not least because I have one of those maps where you scratch off where you’ve visited. Due to the amount of islands and small countries I’ve been to, it looks a bit lame! Recent holidays have been Bordeaux (random lads’ weekend during the World Cup), Benidorm (stag do), Madeira (missus) and Amsterdam (missus). Going skiing in Morzine next week. And to contradict myself, I’m going back to Amsterdam in May for my mate’s 30th birthday.

Q15 - What's your most loved movie/tv series and who's your fave character in it?
    My favourite movie is Drive. It only has about four characters in it so I guess I’d have to say the main character… listed as ‘Driver’ (Ryan Gosling’s character). I love it cos hardly anybody talks. Peace and quiet occasionally interrupted by the 10/10 soundtrack.

Currently gradually rewatching Arrested Development for about the sixth time, that has to be my favourite TV show, never gets old. The original three seasons, anyway – the Netflix revival was a little hit-and-miss, though I was just happy enough just to see the cast back together.

Q16 - Menubars. Do you bother?
    Nope – in fact, I delete the default ones!

Q17 - What feature would you like to see implemented in CM01/02?
    The thing that’s annoying me most these days is the expectations of the board. Because there’s Ł100m to spend (which I have diligently raised), they want “great success in every area” even though I’m not spending the money! The expectations should be pegged to how much I’ve spent, would be more realistic.

Q18 - What team do you hate with a passion and why them?
    I don’t really hate any team, but I suppose I like Man United the least, obviously because of the Liverpool rivalry. I don’t dislike Everton, despite how annoying their fans can be. If I had my way, it’d be Liverpool 1st and Everton 2nd every season.

Q19 - Compare yourself to a real life football player!
    I used to compare myself to Albert Riera as, like me, he was a fairly limited left-winger but capable of the sublime from time-to-time!

Q20 - Who would you like to see answering questions next and have you got a special Q for them?
    Getting a little tricky to find someone who hasn’t already done it! I’ll go for our newest Member of the Month SteveHarle, a new ‘Coach’ on the Update Team and, up to now, man of mystery my question(s) for him: Are you enjoying being part of the Update Team? How time consuming is it?

Q21 – Question from CMAdventurer: If you were to release your autobiography, what would it be called, and why?
    I feel as though it’d have to be some kind of pun – ‘Alex Plain’. My name is Alex, it sounds like “I’ll explain” (at school I always used to think the teacher was singling me out when they started to say “I’ll explain”) and reveals me to be a bit boring… might not be a bestseller

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to riise For This Useful Post: