Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1239

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 3 (Episode 97 - Topofthekop)

vCash
    Redders, care to have a go?

vCash
    I've been twice pal with "old" and new Q's

vCash
    Mmmm, any other volunteers then?

vCash
    time for some new questions maybe? i'm happy to think some up

vCash
    That may well be a good idea. I think this list of questions has been around for two years? Can't really remember when exactly I put them up.

Send me a list of question if you will, Steve. We'll work it out and get this party started again

vCash
    Hi all, discussed with AJ and we've got some new questions to freshen things up.

I'd like to begin by nominating.........

AJ

Where are you from?
    What do you do for a living?
    What did you want to be when you were growing up?
    Do you have a claim to fame, if so, tell us?
    If you could go for a drink (or 12) with one footballer/manager – who would it be and why?
    What threads do you go to most on this forum?
    Tell us about your football career - highlights, lowlights, funnies etc!
    Why do you still play CM01/02?
    What is your favourite database to play with? (e.g. ODB/3.65/3.68/Lussenhoff/Updates)?
    Do you use any patches? If so, which ones?
    WIBWOB or no WIBWOB?
    Who are your favourite team to play CM with and why?
    What is your preferred formation and tactical approach?
    What football team do you support IRL and why?
    Who is the best player you’ve seen play for your club and why?
    Who is the worst player you’ve seen play for your club?
    What is the worst football shirt you’ve ever seen? Show us a pic!
    Who is your favourite player of all time and why?
    Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the team you support?
    Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the nation you are from?
    Last edited by SteveHarle; 10-10-19 at 12:05 PM.

vCash
    Nice one Steve

Shall we rename the thread 40 Questions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Nice one Steve

Shall we rename the thread 40 Questions?
    I'm trying to eat a baguette OK? I hit CTRL V twice give me a break...

vCash
    Thanks Steve, for nominating me

I'll get to this tomorrow morning, as I am swamped at work and won't be home tonight. Looking forward to it though!

vCash
    1. Where are you from? Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    2. What do you do for a living? I work for Feyenoord Rotterdam, social division where I coordinate employability programs amongst other things.
    3. What did you want to be when you were growing up? I wanted to be king Later in life I wanted to be a teacher.
    4. Do you have a claim to fame, if so, tell us? Nothing stands out really. Been on tv numerous times, but nothing overly special.
    5. If you could go for a drink (or 12) with one footballer/manager – who would it be and why? I think I'd pick Jose Mourinho. I guess he has some special stories to tell.
    6. What threads do you go to most on this forum? Vipers, DTL, CML, mostly the interactive threads.
    7. Tell us about your football career - highlights, lowlights, funnies etc! I played between ages 6 and 20. Was a decent CB. Had a test match for Excelsior Rotterdam at 14 but got turned away for being too agressive. Highlight would be a tournament we won when I was 19. Our striker fell ill in the finals and I got moved upfront. Scored 4 goals in 20 minutes, haha.
    8. Why do you still play CM01/02? Best game ever. Don't play any other games either. And because of this forum that is like home to me.
    9. What is your favourite database to play with? (e.g. ODB/3.65/3.68/Lussenhoff/Updates)? I only use the most recent one.
    10. Do you use any patches? If so, which ones? I have the latest Saturn patch installed. And a Tapani, but unsure which one.
    11. WIBWOB or no WIBWOB? Depends. On mood and format. But I have no strong feelings on this issue.
    12. Who are your favourite team to play CM with and why? Don't really have one. I play in England like 99%, always have. Man Utd are fun because they always need overhauls. Spurs and Leeds for good old times, as they were the teams I played on CM93/94. I dislike playing with my IRL fave teams. Feel too strongly about losing then.
    13. What is your preferred formation and tactical approach? I like to play attacking, dominant football. With wingers that are effective and attacking fullbacks. Don't really have a fave formation. I usually look at what suits the players I have.
    14. What football team do you support IRL and why? I support Feyenoord Rotterdam of course. Been watching the team since 9 months old. Both father and grandfather were season ticket holders, so it came pretty naturally. I also am a big fan of Liverpool, since the start of the 80's. Just loved the passion of the English Football and I felt Pool were the very best of them.
    15. Who is the best player you’ve seen play for your club and why? That would be Johan Cruyff, who steered us to the 83/84 title singlehandedly. Best thing was that he signed for us to spite the Ajax board, haha.
    16. Who is the worst player you’ve seen play for your club? Here at Feyenoord, I've seen loads and loads of utter crap. But as long as a player gives it his all, I'm good with them being crap. I dislike crybabies and primadonnas. So, I'll say Luigi Bruins. Massive talent but he always backed out of duels, was always bitching and crying. Looked like he didn't even wanted to be on the pitch.
    17. What is the worst football shirt you’ve ever seen? Show us a pic! Anything 90's Mexican GK Jorge Campos would wear was godawful. Like this one:
    18. Who is your favourite player of all time and why? Gabriel Batistuta. Sheer passion, willpower and strength. That's the kind of style I like.
    19. Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the team you support? In a 4-3-3: Dudek; van Gobbel, de Wolf, Vlaar, van Bronckhorst; Witschge, Cruyff, Gullit; van Persie, van Hooijdonk, Kuyt
    20. Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the nation you are from? I'll go for a dutch eleven, as I was born here. Also 4-3-3: van der Sar; Wijnstekers, Koeman, van Dijk, Krol; van Hanegem, Cruijff, Gullit; de Wit, van Basten, Bergkamp

I'd like to nominate my buddy CF to give us some answers next!! Have fun, CF!

vCash
    Nice job

4. Actual TV shows or just in the crowd at a football match?

18. Batigol, one of my favourite strikers too - at Fiorentina when Serie A was at it's height, he was unplayable at times (they had such a good team, with Rui Costa pulling the strings). Had he played for one of the "top" teams in his prime, say one of the Milan's at that time, he would have been regarded far greater than he was. I think he is underrated when people talk of great strikers.

20. Van Basten and Bergkamp in the same team, did that ever happen or is the age gap and/or Van Basten's early retirement to blame for that? can you imagine them both in their prime together? wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarle View Post
    Nice job

4. Actual TV shows or just in the crowd at a football match?

Did some interviews on national TV, been on local tv a lot for work, even made the Swedish National news somewhere in 2018, when they interviewed me about my work. And yes, I pop up next to chairmen, coaches and such from time to time.

20. Van Basten and Bergkamp in the same team, did that ever happen or is the age gap and/or Van Basten's early retirement to blame for that? can you imagine them both in their prime together? wow.
    They played together for the Dutch team in the early 90's I think.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    Where are you from? Ottawa, Ontario, Great White North

What do you do for a living? I work for the Canadian Firearms Program, run by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police….. anything and everything to do with guns in Canada comes through us…. businesses, individual licensing, ballistics testing, etc…

What did you want to be when you were growing up? I wanted to be Emperor of the World. I still do.

Do you have a claim to fame, if so, tell us? Not really. Was on TV at a young age when a local show filmed some scenes at my school…. my claims to fame are through others. I have a cousin who runs a make-up FX shop that works on lots of top movies and TV shows, and my great-grandparents started the British Ballet Organization (there’s even a new dance studio in London named after my mum as she did a lot of work for the BBO after my grandmother died).

If you could go for a drink (or 12) with one footballer/manager – who would it be and why? Good and tough question as there are lots of choices….but I’d probably go with Socrates. One of the best I’ve ever seen… plus he was super smart and a pretty notorious drinker

What threads do you go to most on this forum? I don’t go to many threads anymore….. I just kind of lurk and read and make the odd chatbox comment

Tell us about your football career - highlights, lowlights, funnies etc! I didn’t have much of a career…. didn’t really get in to playing until my 20s. I play pick-up games over the lunch hour a couple of times a week here at work (soccer field and showers ftw), and I play keeper in a 7v7 indoor league over the winter. I’m big and angry like Peter Schmeichel, but my skill level is more Massimo Taibi. I do like running people over when I'm going for the ball, though

Why do you still play CM01/02? Because it’s installed on my work computer and when I get bored during the day I boot up a game. I almost never have computer time at home so that’s pretty much the only chance I get to play anymore.

What is your favourite database to play with? (e.g.ODB/3.65/3.68/Lussenhoff/Updates)? I usually play the most recent update, but I tend to play super long career games…. so I’m currently using the October 2017 DB with a few 3.9.68 players added in.

Do you use any patches? If so, which ones? Nope. I prefer vanilla. I find that patches introduce instability, especially the longer the game goes…

WIBWOB or no WIBWOB? I generally WIBWOB but not to an Iodine extreme…. I make my own tactics and found one that gives me pretty good results so I stick with it through thick and thin

Who are your favourite team to play CM with and why? I either stick with Manchester United, or I randomly select a team and bounce around from country to country. Occasionally I’ll make a Mexican League patch and use Monterrey but I haven’t done that in a while

What is your preferred formation and tactical approach? I play a 4-1-2-2-1…. DMC, 2 wingers, 2 AMCs and a lone striker (think a 4141 with the center mids pushed up). Seems to work well. Wingers and wing backs bomb forward, DMC helps the central defenders, and the 2 AMCs support the striker

What football team do you support IRL and why? Being from Canadia, I don’t have the same passions and hatreds that you Euros do (for football, I mean…. I do for hockey but that would require a separate thread). I primarily support Manchester United (my mum’s team), but also West Ham and Ipswich Town in England, Real Madrid and Bilbao in Spain, Feyenoord in Holland, AC Milan in Italy, Monterrey in Mexico, Philadelphia and Toronto in MLS, my hometown Ottawa Fury in the USL, FK Ural in Russia, Red Star in Serbia…. I could go on

Who is the best player you’ve seen play for your club and why? Paul Scholes/Roy Keane. Completely different players, but I can’t choose between the passing and shooting magic of Scholes, or the never-give-up, step-on-your-own-mother-to-win attitude of Captain Keano. Oh to have players like that in United’s midfield again.

Who is the worst player you’ve seen play for your club? David Bellion. Never knew why they bought him…. at least with Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, and Taibi you could understand why they were bought….but Bellion?

What is the worst football shirt you’ve ever seen? Show us apic! Spoilered for your own safety

Spoiler!

Who is your favourite player of all time and why? My favourite player of all time is the OG Craig Forrest. No reasons necessary.

Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the team you support? Man Utd (442) – Schmeichel – G.Neville, Vidic, Stam, Irwin – Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs – Cristiano Ronaldo, Eric Cantona

Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the nation you are from? Canada (442) – Craig Forrest – Paul Stalteri, Jason De Vos, Kevin McKenna, Bob Lenarduzzi – Julian deGuzman, Atiba Hutchinson, Scott Arfield, Alphonso Davies – Dwayne DeRosario, Jonathan David (honourable mentions – Nick Dasovic, Milan Borjan, Jonathan Osorio, Carlo Corrazin, Paul Peschisolido)

I nominate Top of the Kop (or whatever he calls himself these days) to be the next victim
    Last edited by riise; 15-10-19 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Fixed image at CF’s request :D

vCash
    Alphonso Davies is a BALLER

vCash
    Great stuf fellas

Cantona always an interesting choice for MU

CF- Hoilett or Radzinski done much for Canada?

AJ - who else apart from Johann? You can't have been very old when he was playing for you?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Great stuf fellas

AJ - who else apart from Johann? You can't have been very old when he was playing for you?!
    I was 10 at the time. And he was the very best I've seen in our jersey. I also liked Ioan Sabau, a romanian playmaker but he, like Cruijff, only played one season in De Kuip.

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Great stuf fellas

I've always liked the potential of Hoilett but he's never done much for the National team.

Radzinski was a decent player but I wouldn't rate him above any of the others I listed

vCash
    Where are you from?

Cardiff, Wales.

What do you do for a living?

Shift manager

What did you want to be when you were growing up?

Footballer of course. Never good enough though. So then I changed to wanting to be either in the Army or Police officer

Do you have a claim to fame, if so, tell us?

No, But was in same high school as Craig Bellamy the welsh terrier.

If you could go for a drink (or 12) with one footballer/manager – who would it be and why?

Klopp! He is just so infectious you can't help but like him.

What threads do you go to most on this forum?

Football - general discussion posts. Been reading both Redders - Jack to a king (God knows why as Swansea are very hated by Cardiffians) and Kingsleys Reverse Grid. Other than that Tactics - usually take a look to see if anyone has come up with something. And the Best players threads when new databases are released.

Tell us about your football career - highlights, lowlights, funnies etc!

Nothing much to talk about really, Played a few games for school team nothing of note though.

Why do you still play CM01/02?

Quick, Fun and simple. Rather than time consuming and slow like FM.

What is your favourite database to play with? (e.g. ODB/3.65/3.68/Lussenhoff/Updates)?

Probably ODB .68 but will play the updates.

Do you use any patches? If so, which ones?

Nick and Co. Patch at the moment

WIBWOB or no WIBWOB?

Wib/wob of course. Everyone likes to win. No good at making my own tactic though

Who are your favourite team to play CM with and why?

Cardiff City - Playing with my fave team Liverpool is no challenge right now. The front 3 are dominant!

What is your preferred formation and tactical approach?

4-3-3 ALL OUT ATTACK!

What football team do you support IRL and why?

Liverpool FC - Majority of family support them, wasn't given much choice at a young age. But one of my fave Welsh players Ian Rush played for them. Was devastated when he signed for Juventus

Who is the best player you’ve seen play for your club and why?

Steven Gerrard. Captain fantastic. Need I say anymore!

Who is the worst player you’ve seen play for your club?

Oooh That's a hard one.. Many a bum Signing over the years.. But i'm gonna go with one that sticks out like a sore thumb - Sean Dundee! God damn awful!

What is the worst football shirt you’ve ever seen? Show us a pic!

This Liverpool keepers kit was awful..

But I think this one from Hull city 93/94 is even worse

Who is your favourite player of all time and why?

Very hard choice here.. I had a few - Zidane, Batistuta, Totti, Gerrard, Rush, Dalglish, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and for some reason Claudio Cannigia. Special mention to Bruce Grobbelaar! I absolutely idolised him back in the day.. Wobbly legs, walking onto pitch on his hands. At his peak probably one of the best around. Incredibly insane keeper

But has to be Ian Rush. Just the fact that he's welsh and scored so many goals for us.

Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the team you support?

Reina, Hyypia, Hansen, Virgil, Alonso, McMahon, Gerrard, Barnes, Dalglish, Suarez, Rush - Subs: Brucey, Carra, Mascherano, Souness, Torres, Salah, Mane

Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the nation you are from?

Wales have been truly awful.. But here goes..

Southall, Ratcliffe, Williams, Davies, Ledley, Speed, Ramsey, Giggs, Bale, Rush, Hughes - The fact that I had to pick Williams, Davies, Ledley and Bellamy shows how poor we have been.
    Last edited by Topofthekop; 19-10-19 at 12:19 PM.

vCash
    Is that Martin Carruthers?

I thought David Ngog was the worst player I've seen in person when Liverpool came to Stoke

vCash
    No chance Mark, he scored against Utd so that automatically makes him semi decent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Is that Martin Carruthers?

I thought David Ngog was the worst player I've seen in person when Liverpool came to Stoke
    No idea who the player was.. Just remember tiger stripes and thinking wtf

N'Gog is a legend

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    No Giggs in your Welsh XI? Is that your hatred of United shining through?

vCash
    He probably had him initially but then Giggs pulled out

Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    He probably had him initially but then Giggs pulled out
    Very good!