Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 2 (Episode 94 - takaros7)

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash

Twenty Questions (Episode 6 - ExecutioN14)

Twenty Questions (Episode 7 - Redknapp69)

1. Where do you live ? (Town and Country)
    Reigate, England

2. What do you do for a living ?
    I am a Client Services Director in the Entertainment (Film/Music/Games) industry. Some of the clients I manage are Disney, Sky, Electronic Arts, Morrisons, Activision, Universal etc. Basically they use our system to manufacture stock up front and to send out for their customers. (Demand Planning/Forecasting Sales/Reporting tool)

3. What football teams do you support ?
    Liverpool has always been my team but I do have Swansea City season tickets and keep a fond eye out for them. Wales Internationally

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02 ? How did you get on ?
    It would have been Liverpool but to be honest I sadly don't remember much from 1st time playing CM01/02!

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life ?
    From ODB I loved Rivaldo at Barca. Favourite real life players were John Barnes and Jamie Redknapp. In recent times, Suarez at Liverpool was a phenomenal player

6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in CM01/02
    Rather than 1 singular game I would say being crowned 2013 "King of the Mountain" for completing most challenges. (I've now completed all of the challenges!). I really enjoy trying different leagues/teams/restrictions/formations etc set by the challenge team

7. If you were an animal, which one would describe you best ?
    Panda or an Elephant - I can be a lazy fecker at times!

8. On an average week, how much time do you invest in CM01/02 ?
    Hard to put a time on it but I'm on the site viewing/posting every day whether that is in random threads or contributing to one of the many VIP areas Mark manages so well. Playing CM wise, I usually play at least every other day and as I travel a lot with my job then I am forever playing whilst on a train/flight/hotel etc!

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game ?
    Don't think she knows the hours I spend on the forum as I'm forever on my laptop anyway and I don't think she's ever taken an interest in the game as she HATES everything to do with football!

10. What other computer/console games do you play ?
    Bought a PS4 and play FIFA and looking forward to getting a rugby game and Gran Turismo when it comes out. Play Mario Kart on Wii every so often vs mates

11. What annoys you most about CM01/02 ?
    Hmmm - can't think of too much. I take this game with a pinch of salt with regards to anything that's not "perfect" with it. It's a fecking old game that has been brought to life by an amazing update team! Yes, some things like work permits/champ league structure/job abroad etc can be frustrating for some but if I was that arsed about it I'm sure i'd have moved over to the dark side of FM! I love CM as it is!

12. What is your favourite moment in real life football ?
    Istanbul - 2005 CL Final - say no more As a secondary - I was at Swans play off final at Wembley when they got to the prem which was also bonkers. That game has really helped the City by them establishing themselves in prem league

13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting ?
    Agreed with Bevva that a new body should be formed but from a rule side then it maybe not be popular on a footie forum but bring some of the rugby laws in. Complete respect to officials, TV Match Officials, Ref mics and maybe introduce sin bin! Faking injury/diving needs to be ridded from the game as well - so embarrassing

14. How good a player were you in real life ? What position did you play ?
    Was OK as a kid but chose other sports instead of footie when I got to college/Uni (namely Rugby and Golf). Started off as a striker, then somehow got moved to left back before ending up playing in a "Jan Molby" type role in centre of the park as I was always a decent passer/set piece player. Sometimes have a 5 a side kick about these days with mates or work events but hardly ever kick a ball now

15. What other sports do you follow ?
    If you ask my missus she will say everything! But Football, Rugby and Golf is probably what I follow most closely, although I take an interest in the majority of sports!

16. If you won the Lottery ( say 4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy ?
    Like most people, to look after your family, then a nicer property. Big gaff in country with a few animals and then a 2nd home with nice spot on the beach somewhere in the world would be sweet

17. What 4 people from history would you most like to meet ?
    Like Mark, historical figures has never been my bag but let's say Bill Shankly,

18. What keeps you awake at night ?
    Nothing - sleep like a log! I'm lucky that I usually have no issues falling to sleep!

19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was) ?
    ACDC - Back In Black - just bought it and played today from ITunes as it is what the Ospreys (my local rugby team in Wales) run out to before games. Never heard much AC/DC stuff before so downloaded a few songs. Randomly, the one before that was "Zombies" by The Cranberries which I heard in a bar in Qatar a couple of weeks ago and decided to listen to again!

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next ?
    So many "good eggs" on this forum but I'm gonna go down the route of choosing 1 of the few members I have actually met in real life (We saw Real Madrid v Liverpool a few weeks ago in Madrid where we also met Faz44!) - and that is the AMC!
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 01-12-14 at 06:19 PM. Reason: got the AC/DC song title wrong!

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great stuff from Ex and Red .

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Nice job lads

Older Twenty Questions now linked in OP

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That final with Liverpool...

It is funny to remember how they got by chelsea... it was't a goal for sure but I remember that a chelsea player made a penalty in that play (and it would be for a red card) and Mourinho still talked about the ref... lol.

And in the final... that penalty for the 3-2 was a bit dubious... and your goalkeeper defending penalties was way on front of the line from what I remember... But the game sure was amazing and a great comeback. One of the best finals that I've seen in the champion's league.

I just imagine that... I must say that the english teams have some of the most epic wins... that one with Liverpool and the Man Utd in 99... just wow!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to troza For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wow. Take a few days off and it all happens. Thanks for picking this up ExecutioN14 and Redders. Some good stuff in there and looks like we now have 2 threads with updates pending from AMC and Oz.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    lol gone from a bi-weekly edition into an anarchic daily

Good to know you guys more, as per usual, but i think this is when the link to every 'episode' in the first post would be ideal - kind of getting confusing if there are more than one every week.

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Nice job lads

Older Twenty Questions now linked in OP
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Good to know you guys more, as per usual, but i think this is when the link to every 'episode' in the first post would be ideal - kind of getting confusing if there are more than one every week.
    Definitely going to be confusing if you don't look at the existing links . . .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    19. What was the last song played on your iPod (both the one you were going so say to sound cool and the one it really was) ?
    ACDC - Back To Black -

That's an Amy Winehouse song... Back IN black!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajvonkrondor View Post
    ACDC - Back To Black -

That's an Amy Winehouse song... Back IN black!

I told you I hadn't listened to much of their stuff!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Definitely going to be confusing if you don't look at the existing links . . .
    Haven't paid attention to 'replies' since i have had hardly anytime to be free enough to read anything other then Apple, Brecht or YouTubing weird music for Uni

Good to know tho

Awesome work Derm, and others.

vCash
    I apologize for rushing to post my answers, i was anxious for reviews and comments.

I'm surprised no one nominated Info yet...

vCash
    Twenty Questions (Episode 8 - AMC)

Ormskirk, England. A small market town about 10 miles North of Liverpool.

Database Administrator for Investec, basically data input though.

Liverpool, Rangers and Southport. Born in Liverpool and lived here for all my memorable life (apart from 2 yrs in Scotland), while my Dad's family is Scottish which explains why I support Rangers. Had a season tkt for both last year, while I've had one for Rangers since 2002-03, which weren't a bad season as we won the treble Just got my Liverpool one this year though. Southport is my local non league club which my mate supports and I've been going since 2005 to see them, including a number of away games

4. Can you remember the first team that you managed in CM01/02 ? How did you get on ?
    I started with Liverpool but that didn't last long, and I started one with Rangers which I still have to this day! Currently in 2045 I very rarely play it (just 4 seasons since 2008!) but I'll never get rid of it!

5. Who is your all time favourite CM01/02 player (any update or patch) and favourite in real life ?
    A couple of quite random ones, one of my favourite type of saves was restoring teams back to glory, Reims, Napoli and Fortuna Dusseldorf where all taken from the bottom to CL glory, and in all three saves Cameroonian striker Pierre Webo and Italian DMC Daniele di Donato where inspirational!

Tough one, on paper probably winning the CL with Kilsyth Rangers (the team of the town where I lived in Scotland) who I swapped with another team in the Scottish 3rd division, but winning the CL with Rangers in the 2nd season on that save mentioned earlier may take it given it would have been in 2002 and well before we all knew about Tapani tactics, key stats and the like, with WelshWebWizard's Great Wall of China tactic to thank for it.

As someone else said earlier, probably a monkey as I can be quite cheeky but not really thought about it

Not much nowadays to be honest, I blow hot and cold, not playing it for weeks sometime's before smashing out 10+ a week.

9. What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of you playing a 13 year old football game ?
    No girlfriend so nothing to worry about there

I've got a PS3, but once again I don't play on it regularly.

Nothing really get's too much on my nerves, I suppose an up-to-date CL format would be nice and for it easier to get jobs abroad without editing your CA/PA/Nationality but I'm not really too bothered about it.

Another one for May 25th 2005, aka Istanbul day! Although 3 days earlier when Celtic threw the SPL title away conceding twice in the last few minutes against Motherwell was also nice, aka Helicopter Sunday, not a bad few days indeed

13. If you were Sepp Blatter, what rule would you change to make football more interesting ?
    Not really too sure, obviously video replays and stuff would be good so there aren't bad decisions, but it's also part and parcel of the game. If it happens against one of my teams expect me to say different though!

Not too bad, played as a striker for the school team and club side, and was quite a bit of a poacher, but didn't really continue playing 11 a side after leaving school. Tend to play as a centre back now as everyone wants to be a striker and I hate losing, plus I'm not bad at anticipating things so it helps at the other end of the pitch as well, plus I'm quite tall which helps aerially.

Like to keep an eye on most sports but mainly football, cricket, boxing and snooker.

16. If you won the Lottery ( say 4,000,000) what is the first thing you would buy ?
    The usual, nice car and house, and look after my family.

Another one I've never really thought about but probably past sports people, Ali etc

Also a sound sleeper so nothing.

Was listening to some Oasis on the way home from work, and after just checking it appears Some Might Say was the last played before I got off the train.

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next ?
    I'll go with me old mate Cam F

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ExecutioN14 View Post
    Liverpool - Milan ECL final, 25.5.2005.
    I remember everything about this match. I watched some of the greatest players ever in their prime, and i watched the best Liverpool team of the 21st century. And i watched my favorite team win. Doesn't get any better than this.
    I'd say the 2008-09 side was definitely better, an actual striker in Torres who was lethal back then, as well as a midfield of Gerrard at his marauding best, Alonso, Mascherano and even Sissoko who could put in a shift.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well I've tried to PM Cam to let him now he's next but he's turned off the ability to receive PM's. I'll give it a few days and if nothing I'll nominate someone else.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Well I've tried to PM Cam to let him now he's next but he's turned off the ability to receive PM's. I'll give it a few days and if nothing I'll nominate someone else.
    I guess his inbox is full.

Love the way this is snowballing!! Good stuff from Redders and AMC

Shame about the collective Liverpool love-in if I was a Man U fan I would be fuming...

...and I'd have to kill myself

Anyone else wondering how good cm forums utd would actually be in real life?!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Think it usually says if their inbox is full, this didn't, just said he'd turned it off. Just remembered I've got Cam on FB so will drop him a message on there, can't send him a what's app like Red did for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ExecutioN14 View Post
    I apologize for rushing to post my answers, i was anxious for reviews and comments.

I'm surprised no one nominated Info yet...
    Haha, killed me here .

vCash
    Top stuff AMC - I can't believe you still have the save from your first ever CM game - brilliant!

vCash
    Great to hear forum members meeting up! AMC, Redknapp and Faz must have had a great time!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to churky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Twenty Questions (Episode 9 - Cam F)

Helensburgh in Scotland

Corporate Actions Analyst for Smith & Williamson (Investment Bank)

Rangers and Dumbarton. Tho Gers love is running thin these days.

Man Utd in CM93, won league, relegated and sacked season 2.

Misread this, 0102? err Roberto Baggio. Marco Van Basten CM Italia & Diego Maradona

Errr, switching back to 0001

A Cheetah, i like to run fast, love a bit of pussy and reminds me of Thundercats growing up.

Err. zero minutes usually, however in last week been updating/playing the 07 update so actually couple of hours. 0001, over 20 hours a week

She doesn't really care. She gets annoyed when i sit up until 3 in morning drinking and playing cm though on a Friday night.

I use Wii fit for balance games, yoga and a bit of aerobic exercise. Play PSp on travels, PS2 for splinter cell and a gam called Black i love. Sensi world ofsoccer on my old xp machine.

Where do I start. Jobs abroad, slowness, background league issue, too easy, not bing able to offer any non player any non player role. players not returning from international duty. Editor which deletes player histories.

Why did nobody apart from me realise 0001 was the better game until it was too late and the update not based on that?

They managed to feck up 0102 more and more with each patch before adding loads of feck ups in the final 3.68 patch which was released after CM4 makes me think they did it on purpose to make people think 0102 was shit and buy CM4 instead.

Rangers doing 9 league title in a row.

Fix the offside rule and get rid of second, third phase shit. Your offside, your offside imo.

Striker, or anywhere across midfild in an attacking role. Fast, good skills, tall and finishig ability. Without my dodgy knee could of had chance at career in footy or athletics, tho more likely athletics.

athletics, tennis, rugby and boxing.

A massive fucking house at top of helensburgh, would be over a million quid but well worth it.

Well I met and had a drink with Gazza before so can't be him. George Best, John Lennon, President Kennedy and Oliver Reid.

Work.

Black Room Boy (Above & Beyond Club Mix). Always lik an uplifting song on way back from station to lift me.

20. Who would you like to be interviewed next ? Dodge, info0 or cafc. Too lazy to look back to see if they have done it tho
    Last edited by Dermotron; 02-12-14 at 09:50 AM. Reason: correct episode number

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cam F For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Also I don't accept pms anymore as total randoms pmd me all the time so turned it off as pains in the arses. Literally turned it on for an hour or so recently, pm arrived in that frigging time from a newbie.

vCash
    Black Room Boy (Above & Beyond Club Mix). Always lik an uplifting song on way back from station to lift me.

my man. I fucking adore above and beyond. And I'm a metalhead!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one Cammy

Q4 - - hell of a rollercoaster!

Q10 - Wi-fit will have to try that again. Fair play for still using it. Was a huge fad at the time

Q13 - fully agree!

And I forgot how much you love 00/01 over 01/02

Looking forward to Infoooooo's rant next - my bet is around 7 you tube clips on his answers!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Hold the phone!

You're telling me you DON'T play 01/02!?!

Well Done lads. This thread is speeding along.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Cam, Black on PS2 is quality

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Fods For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast