Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1262

Thread: Twenty Questions - Part 3 (Episode 99 - faz44)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    No Giggs in your Welsh XI? Is that your hatred of United shining through?
    Totally forgot Giggs.. No idea why, and definitely not because of United. Edited original post to include the most decorated welshman ever at club level. Shame Wales didn't have a team befitting of this guys talent

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    He probably had him initially but then Giggs pulled out

Brilliant

vCash
    Cracking stuff Toppo - you were not tempted to put in Vinnie Jones in the Welsh Team then?

vCash

4. No good bumping the thread if Toppo never picked someone to go next

vCash
    Toppo's been pm-ed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Toppo's been pm-ed.
    Coys.. You're up

vCash
    did he respond at all? If not, please pick someone else!

vCash
    With both Toppo and Coys unresponsive I'm gonna go back to CF and ask him to nominate someone else.

9. Eve's ham

I want all his theories in one place

vCash
    did you PM him?

vCash
    its a conspiracy theory you have picked me
    I've no time, I shall pass thanks.

12. Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    its a conspiracy theory you have picked me
    I've no time, I shall pass thanks.

can't let the internet know his secrets

vCash
    Okidoki. CF pick nr 3 then!

14. I dunno..... Offside Trap. Shoot him a PM and let him know it's his turn

vCash
    CF, just randomly pick a new one.

16. James_y

vCash
    Give the man a PM?

18. Lol... yes, I probably should

19. Where are you from? Essex, England

What do you do for a living? Multimedia

What did you want to be when you were growing up? Footballer

Do you have a claim to fame, if so, tell us? I turned down a part in a McDonalds advert haha

If you could go for a drink (or 12) with one footballer/manager – who would it be and why? Joey Barton, to try and work out what goes on in his head, also make sure he is not holding a cigarette!

What threads do you go to most on this forum? Anything on the stories forum.

Tell us about your football career - highlights, lowlights, funnies etc! Newcastle blowing the league under Keegan is the worst thing ever to happen and I will never forget it.

Why do you still play CM01/02? Football Manager got too complex and hard work, didn’t play management games or any computer games for over 10 years and then found this forum!

What is your favourite database to play with? (e.g. ODB/3.65/3.68/Lussenhoff/Updates)? I’m enjoying the latest October 2019

Do you use any patches? If so, which ones? Use Nicks patcher to make the game more realistic

WIBWOB or no WIBWOB? NO WW!!!

Who are your favourite team to play CM with and why? Anyone that makes it fun or challenging

What is your preferred formation and tactical approach? 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-3

What football team do you support IRL and why? Newcastle because of family connections

Who is the best player you’ve seen play for your club and why? Shearer because well Shearer = goals

Who is the worst player you’ve seen play for your club? Too many but to name one Jean Alain Boumsong

What is the worst football shirt you’ve ever seen? Show us a pic!

Man United 1992-94 Away Kit

Who is your favourite player of all time and why? Messi simply because he is the greatest player ever and the balls sticks to his feet.

Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the team you support?

Given

Debuchy – Woodgate – Collocini – Distin

Beardsley – Lee – Speed

Ferdinand – Shearer - Bellamy

Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the nation you are from?

Seaman

G.Neville – Adams – R.Ferdinand – A.Cole

Beckham – Gerrard – Scholes – Sterling

Shearer - Rooney
    Last edited by James_y; 11-02-20 at 01:52 PM.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    What does the job involve pal?

Boumsong was a beast in one of the CM updates

Good shout on that Utd kit!

Helluva forward line for the Toon - defence would have works cut out! No room for ledge tat is Darren Peacock or Phillipe Albert or local lad Howey

Cracking looking England team fair play

vCash
    James, would you pick a next victim please? And PM that person?

vCash
    Where in Essex are you James? I live in Wickford!

24. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    What does the job involve pal?

Boumsong was a beast in one of the CM updates

Good shout on that Utd kit!

Helluva forward line for the Toon - defence would have works cut out! No room for ledge tat is Darren Peacock or Phillipe Albert or local lad Howey

Cracking looking England team fair play
    Job involves filming, video conferencing, events all for an investment bank

When Bounsong used to wander to the left wing when he was meant to be centre half I realised how awful he was, he made Bramble look solid!

So many attacking players to choose from being a Toon fan but limited defenders. And only ever 1 keeper the legend Shay Given

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    James, would you pick a next victim please? And PM that person?
    I choose Asthereal and will pm him

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarle View Post
    Where in Essex are you James? I live in Wickford!
    Stansted mate, the other side! Wickford is more proper Essex

vCash
    ODB legend Boumsong. Him Mexes and Cisse tearing it up for Auxerre

vCash
    Where are you from? Maastricht, The Netherlands

What do you do for a living? Event management, mostly

What did you want to be when you were growing up? Architect, without knowing what they do, really

Do you have a claim to fame, if so, tell us? Nope. Might write a best-seller one day though.

If you could go for a drink (or 12) with one footballer/manager – who would it be and why? Tough one. If I have to pick one right now, I'll go for Jari Litmanen. Such an amazing player in his days, and he's been around forever, so he should have some cool stories to tell.

What threads do you go to most on this forum? Game-related stuff mostly, so tactics, training. That kind of stuff.

Tell us about your football career - highlights, lowlights, funnies etc! My own one IRL? That's a short one: never played at a club. In this game I'm most proud of three consecutive Champions League wins with Ajax with a non-WibWob tactic. Low point was probably playing small home town club MVV and losing the UEFA Cup final by a 93rd min. goal from a Liverpool player who should have gotten a red card earlier. Funnies... uh... having to play youth players only at Ajax after 7 guys got injured and 8 more suspended. Whoops! Still won though. Away at AC Milan. 0-3 for us. They already qualified for next round and also fielded youth players only, and mine were better. Like, a LOT better.

Why do you still play CM01/02? I never really liked any of the newer managers, so I kind of stuck to this one. Also, I probably spent over 1000 hours modding the .60 ODB, which might be a part of it.

What is your favourite database to play with? (e.g. ODB/3.65/3.68/Lussenhoff/Updates)? I like the October 2019 update a lot, but my all time fav must be my own mod for the .60 ODB. I don't even want to think about how many hours of play I have in there.

Do you use any patches? If so, which ones? Not really. Only what I need to get the October 2019 update working.

WIBWOB or no WIBWOB? No WibWob for me. The game gets too easy and I don't want to install different tactic packs to make it interesting again.

Who are your favourite team to play CM with and why? Ajax, because they're my fav club and they're nice to play in the game (not too many weird rules in the competition, enough money, decent starting squad).

What is your preferred formation and tactical approach? 4-2-1-2-1 with all them arrows forward, but lately I've been fooling around with other approaches as well.

What football team do you support IRL and why? Ajax. Always have, always will. They strive to play the optimal football, which I appreciate a lot, but honestly, once you have "your" club, can you really switch?

Who is the best player you’ve seen play for your club and why? In my lifetime while actively following and watching football, Jari Litmanen. Such a master. He read the game so well and every time he was on the pitch, cool stuff would happen. Too bad his body was so fragile.

Who is the worst player you’ve seen play for your club? That has to be left back Thimotée Atouba. That guy had no f@cking clue what he was doing on the pitch.

What is the worst football shirt you’ve ever seen? Show us a pic! Hmm... I believe my club had a dirty dark yellow secondary away shirt at some point, but I can't find a pic and can't remember what year it was.
    EDIT time! I can't find it, but I found one that's pretty terrible as well. Let's see if I can make it appear here.

Who is your favourite player of all time and why? Xavi. Them passes. Must. Arrive. At. Teammate. Every. Single. Bloody. Time. Such a master.

Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the team you support? Technically, I could add Cruyff, because he played at Ajax for a month still after I was born, but that feels like cheating, so let's go for these 11.

FL: Overmars, SC: Van Basten, FR: Bergkamp

ML: Davids, AMC: Litmanen, MR: Rijkaard

DL: Maxwell, DC: Chivu, DC: Stam, DR: Uh... Reiziger? Our DRs are kinda meh.

GK: Van der Sar

Using only players that have played in your lifetime…. pick your all-time best 11 for the nation you are from? LOL that one won't be much different. Still omitting Cruyff, let's go for these.

FL: Overmars, SC: Van Basten, FR: Bergkamp

ML: Davids, AMC: Sneijder, MR: Rijkaard

DL: Van Bronckhorst, DC: Van Dijk (!), DC: Stam, Reiziger

GK: Van der Sar
    Last edited by Asthereal; 07-02-20 at 01:49 PM.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Asthereal For This Useful Post: