Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactics - Help & Discussion

vCash
    What tactic do you guys use?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingy14 View Post
    What tactic do you guys use?
    I use a variety of tactics depending on what players I have in my team.

If I have enough DC's but almost no DR/DL, I'll go for Looper352 or Ultimatium/Ultimate Iodine.

Others that I use with succes are 4141tapani iodine, IodineCF and 4411 Ailton (VIK mod).
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    Brilliant thanks. I've started new game with Liverpool and trying beast 4231. Any advice on who to buy? Looking for wonderkids

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingy14 View Post
    Brilliant thanks. I've started new game with Liverpool and trying beast 4231. Any advice on who to buy? Looking for wonderkids
    Take a look in this thread: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10047.

Good luck!

vCash
    Yer I've been through that thank you. Is there any must buys? Like Kim kallstrom and Mark Kerr etc were on the original game. Sorry for all the questions, just so excited to get playing this game again, spent so much time on this as a kid.

vCash
    2017 update, playing as Liverpool and I cant get a decent run, if I win a game it's 1-0. Been sacked twice, I've got a good team with some good and highly recommended players (mainly the cast of Ajax) what am I doing wrong? I've tried many tactics but just can't get 1 that fits. Any basic tips or help would be appreciated.

vCash
    Try this tactic. It's 4411 but very solid https://www.sendspace.com/file/6pspwq

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFlo View Post
    Hi guys,

I’ve been playing with a 24121 with arrows on the DML and DMR to either ML/R or AML/R depending on the opposition, but by and large to the AM line. I play attacking, short, pressing, hard l and offside, and occasionally normal and direct when away from Home as I find the base tactic average away from Home.

In terms of player instructions, I have forward runs and run with the ball on everyone apart from the DNCs and CBS. And have zonal marking on for everyone Bae GK and CF. All other player instructions are off.

A few seasons ago I was able to win the PL with Saints using this formation in the second season. On the latest update and with Saturn’s patch it served me well to take a second tier Argentinian side to top flight titles and a Copa Libertadores, and has won me the Championship in England, but I can’t finish top 4 in the PL with it with consistency. I’ve done it but not with consecutive successes and only the title once.

Has anyone got any tips or advice on how I could improve it? I really like the shape of the formation and want to stick with it, but would be open to changing from AM AM CF to AM CF CF)

(GK CB CB DML DMC DMC DMR CM AM AM CF)
    Hi JayFlo!
    Lets try it!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/4vl4u5

vCash
    Here is the second version
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/p2znjg

vCash
    Thank you Scemoka! I’ll try them tonight and let you know how they go.

Also: sorry for the amount of typos in my original message! Hard to post from iPhone and see the message box at the same time!

vCash
    Reposting this from another subforum, because it fits here better...

I've had many various misadventures with Championship Manager so far, but if there's one thing I consistently struggle with, it's conceding too many goals. This time along I found myself a job in a small French club from Boulogne-sur-mer, taken them for a ride from National to Ligue 2, got a safe place there then narrowly missed promotion in the next season. I have assembled a relatively decent squad that's capable of scoring a ton of goals, but it feels like poor defending is holding me back and losing me a lot of points. It's always either underperforming defenders or horrible goalkeeping, sometimes both. I've tried quite a number of players on all defensive positions, but they're always ready to collapse and concede 2-3 quick goals. Often it's impossible to catch up afterwards.

I'll admit I'm not a tactical mastermind. I'm using a rather simple, non-wibwobbed (except for a couple wib screens) tactics cobbled together specifically for this team: GK, four defenders, DMC, three MCs with short forward arrows and two strikers. I often play AMCs or forwards in the midfield, but always try to keep at least one regular MC there. Team instructions: attacking, hard tackling, pressing, short passing. Individual instructions: most offensive players have Forward Runs and Run With Ball, but I left all defenders and DMC with default instructions because I have no idea what to change, if at all.

The defensive players I have in my squad now (other than regens):
    Defenders: Tim Knipping, Sebastian Sumelka, Kenny Lala, Julien Benhaim, Albert Rafetraniaina
    DM: Pawel Dawidowicz
    Goalies: Ogmundur Kristinsson, Anthony Mfa Mezui, Miguel Santos.

Statistically, they're all good enough for French second tier. Yet it sometimes feels like the only competent guy is the regen from my youth academy, who's making 4.6 av. tackles per game. Last season the team scored over 100 goals, but conceded over 70. Funny thing is, I still managed to get the promotion to Ligue 1, but I'm gonna get murdered there with this kind of defence.

My tct file

So, can anyone have a look and give me a hint on how to improve the tactics defensively? I'd rather avoid very extensive wibwobbing, unless it's unavoidable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navpirx View Post
    Reposting this from another subforum, because it fits here better...

I've had many various misadventures with Championship Manager so far, but if there's one thing I consistently struggle with, it's conceding too many goals. This time along I found myself a job in a small French club from Boulogne-sur-mer, taken them for a ride from National to Ligue 2, got a safe place there then narrowly missed promotion in the next season. I have assembled a relatively decent squad that's capable of scoring a ton of goals, but it feels like poor defending is holding me back and losing me a lot of points. It's always either underperforming defenders or horrible goalkeeping, sometimes both. I've tried quite a number of players on all defensive positions, but they're always ready to collapse and concede 2-3 quick goals. Often it's impossible to catch up afterwards.

I'll admit I'm not a tactical mastermind. I'm using a rather simple, non-wibwobbed (except for a couple wib screens) tactics cobbled together specifically for this team: GK, four defenders, DMC, three MCs with short forward arrows and two strikers. I often play AMCs or forwards in the midfield, but always try to keep at least one regular MC there. Team instructions: attacking, hard tackling, pressing, short passing. Individual instructions: most offensive players have Forward Runs and Run With Ball, but I left all defenders and DMC with default instructions because I have no idea what to change, if at all.

The defensive players I have in my squad now (other than regens):
    Defenders: Tim Knipping, Sebastian Sumelka, Kenny Lala, Julien Benhaim, Albert Rafetraniaina
    DM: Pawel Dawidowicz
    Goalies: Ogmundur Kristinsson, Anthony Mfa Mezui, Miguel Santos.

Statistically, they're all good enough for French second tier. Yet it sometimes feels like the only competent guy is the regen from my youth academy, who's making 4.6 av. tackles per game. Last season the team scored over 100 goals, but conceded over 70. Funny thing is, I still managed to get the promotion to Ligue 1, but I'm gonna get murdered there with this kind of defence.

My tct file

So, can anyone have a look and give me a hint on how to improve the tactics defensively? I'd rather avoid very extensive wibwobbing, unless it's unavoidable.
    Hi mate!

Let me give you some advice.

First of all, in Team Instructions: turn on the offside trap. It will help significantly. To make this work even better you should turn on pressing in the Player Instructions of your 4 defenders which is off by default. The most important attributes for defenders and playing the offside trap are Positioning and Anticipation so get defenders with good ratings for those two stats.

Also turn on man marking for you DC's. When you're facing 1 striker tactics, put the DC with the lowest value for Marking on zonal marking and let the DC with the highest marking on man marking.

Then put your GK's passing on mixed. This way he will more often clear the ball long when needed. With the Team's short passing set for him, he will play short passes almost always which can lead to balls straight into opposing strikers feet.

Here's a 4-1-3-2 Non wibwob that was made by Dermotron which I've tweaked a tiny bit: https://www.sendspace.com/file/29n1rq.

It works wonders with lesser players so just take a look at it!

vCash
    Thank you, today I'll get around to applying your advice and see how my lowly team will fare among the giants. My new DC has 20 Positioning and 18 Anticipation, the other one has 18 and 14. You think it's good enough?

Are Positioning and Anticipation just as important for wing defenders? This could be my weakest link, I could never find any decent guys here. Still got some leftover cash so I'll be spending it on a couple wing backs, but I struggle to find any with both Positioning and Anticipation high.

Just one more question, you say Offside Trap should be On, but it's turned off in the tactic that you linked. Why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navpirx View Post
    Thank you, today I'll get around to applying your advice and see how my lowly team will fare among the giants. My new DC has 20 Positioning and 18 Anticipation, the other one has 18 and 14. You think it's good enough?

Are Positioning and Anticipation just as important for wing defenders? This could be my weakest link, I could never find any decent guys here. Still got some leftover cash so I'll be spending it on a couple wing backs, but I struggle to find any with both Positioning and Anticipation high.

Just one more question, you say Offside Trap should be On, but it's turned off in the tactic that you linked. Why?
    Those numbers are decent enough for the DC's.

The DL/DR should also have good Positioning and Anticipation, but also good Pace/Acceleration. Also attributes like Marking, Tackling and Jumping are good as well for every defender.

I forgot to change the team instructions in that tactic I send as I did it in a hurry!

The team instructions should be Attacking mentality, Short Passing, Hard Tackling, Pressing Yes and Offside Trap Yes.

vCash
    It is partly a function of the tactic, IMO. Non-wibwob 4-1-3-2 is a score many concede many formation, especially if you have arrows forwards on the full backs with make forward runs and/or play attacking style. If you turnover the ball you can have fullbacks, 3 midfielders and 2 forwards all caught ahead of the ball, with your opponent breaking 4 vs 3 or even 2 depending on where your DMC is, and all of the defenders narrow. In this case you will concede goals getting ripped apart down the wings.

Tactics like 442, 451 and even 433 all concede less goals than 4132 if they have no arrows on the fullbacks.

Additionally, don't have too many players forwards on attacking set pieces. Put most of them on normal and have at least 2 back can be good.

Use normal mentality more, especially away from home.

It can be interesting to look at a formation and say how many attackers does it have vs defenders. 4132 is like a 7-3 (i.e. it has too many attacking players) where as something like 442 is more like 4-6- or 5-5. With non-wibwob tactics you need a balance. How could you make your 4132 better balanced? Make one of the forwards a second DMC. This is a seriously strong defensive formation which still scores a lot.
    Last edited by Kenny Dalglish's Smile; 18-01-18 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    It is partly a function of the tactic, IMO. Non-wibwob 4-1-3-2 is a score many concede many formation, especially if you have arrows forwards on the full backs with make forward runs and/or play attacking style. If you turnover the ball you can have fullbacks, 3 midfielders and 2 forwards all caught ahead of the ball, with your opponent breaking 4 vs 3 or even 2 depending on where your DMC is, and all of the defenders narrow. In this case you will concede goals getting ripped apart down the wings.
    There's a lot of truth here, but I still think 100 goals scored to 70 conceded is a tad silly. Or perhaps I'm just expecting too much of my poor overburdened defenders. Either way, at least our supporters are always entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    How could you make your 4132 better balanced? Make one of the forwards a second DMC. This is a seriously strong defensive formation which still scores a lot.
    Well that's going to be a problem, because I gave Falcao a bushel of money for the privilege of joining us and intended to field him alongside my other top striker this season. Maybe I'll just tell my DLRs to stay back instead... Advice appreciated though! I'll try next season, or whenever Falcao gets too old to keep up.

vCash

tactics cm 01-02 october 2017 update

what are the best tactics?

vCash

vCash

Formations

Hi Guys, I have asked this before but didnt really get anywhere so wondered if anyone else had any bright ideas. Somewhere along the line over the years of using the site to download data updates, tactic packs etc, I noticed that a couple of my default tactics were different. Also, the opposition teams have been using more 'modern' tactics. For example, the standard 4-3-3 was showing full backs pushing forwards, and the central midfielder pushing forward, whereas in the original game the 4-3-3 would involve the fullbacks not pushing forwards and the 2x outer midfielders making runs to the side. But somehow or other, after re-installing the game for other reasons, it's gone back to the original (ie 4-3-3 midfielders running sideways). This might sound a fairly trivial issue but I feel it's changed the gameplay and taken the modern aspect out of the game. I don't know how this happened originally, if it was supposed to happen with one of the data updates etc, but i'd really like it back! I'm assuming the change originally was made in the data folder rather than the tactics folder because it's a change to default tactics on the game. (ie tactics-set to default). Any help would be appreciated! I have tried to upload photos to explain my point but for some reason it's not letting me upload jpg's.

vCash
    Use postimg.org if you want to upload pics and use "hotlinks for forums"

vCash
    https://postimg.org/gallery/333m89zb8/
    FC Bayern Tactics are what I got used to using. As you'll see this is a default 4-3-3.
    Barcelona tactics are the original 4-3-3, which my game has reverted to.

vCash
    433 is included in the data updates since about 2012

How it's done is explained here - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5296

You can just copy it from a data update to the Data folder on the fresh install and it will work in new games

vCash
    I'm struggling to impact some pretty ordinary away form. I generally win 80% of games at home but less than 30% away from home. Any tips on formations/tactics for improving my win ratio away from home?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Godliman View Post
    I'm struggling to impact some pretty ordinary away form. I generally win 80% of games at home but less than 30% away from home. Any tips on formations/tactics for improving my win ratio away from home?
    Try playing Normal mentality away from home instead of Attacking. Also try a more defensive formation at home with maybe 2 DMC's which will make you more solid at the back.

vCash
    Yes sound advice from GFRay.

A DMC is essential away from home, IMO. Try short passing as well to help maintain possession. Hard tackling, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes sound advice from GFRay.

A DMC is essential away from home, IMO. Try short passing as well to help maintain possession. Hard tackling, too.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast