Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Tactics - Help & Discussion

4-3-1-2 its work since the original game never once had a problem with it. some games i have like 16 shots on target but cant score and the other team has one shot and wins 1-0. i cant even get messi to score goals

Just wanted to open a discussion with anyone about mentalities.

The following extract is from the "General Guide to Championship Manager 3 - Season 01/02 by Marc Vaughan":

Mentality
    This indicates the basic fundamental mentality of the team, whether they are more defensively minded or attack minded.

• Normal
    This indicates that the team will play ‘Normal’ football.

• Defensive
    This indicates that the team will be cautious and attempt to ensure that they aren’t caught out at the back when attacking.

• Attacking
    This indicates that the team will be attack minded and may push more men forward then normal, be very cautious when using this option or you may find yourself caught short at the back.
    There isn't much detail revealed and so I wondered what people's preferred setup was to each match?

I've recently employed a system where I will go Normal if the opponent is Attacking and Attacking if the opponent is using Normal or Defensive. So far it's worked quite nicely with team's who are attacking me getting caught out by the normal mentality. I also find that my team tends to be a bit more clinical whilst on Normal mentality.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M.C.F.C For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by M.C.F.C View Post
    Just wanted to open a discussion with anyone about mentalities.

The following extract is from the "General Guide to Championship Manager 3 - Season 01/02 by Marc Vaughan":

There isn't much detail revealed and so I wondered what people's preferred setup was to each match?

I've recently employed a system where I will go Normal if the opponent is Attacking and Attacking if the opponent is using Normal or Defensive. So far it's worked quite nicely with team's who are attacking me getting caught out by the normal mentality. I also find that my team tends to be a bit more clinical whilst on Normal mentality.
    generally if you can counteract the oppositions mentality you will win the football match

If you are defensive and the opposition is not attacking you in the right areas or just running into dead ends where you have a parked dmc and 2 incredible centre backs chances are you will win the game

likewise if you attacking and they defensive but you are overloading them so much and out pressing them you will camp them in so much they will be no threat so you can defend high up the pitch just as well

It's a balancing act obviously as those two examples above are the 2 extremes where most football games are within that spectrum getting the balance right generally of how and where you attack the opposition and how you will defend with the risk to reward ratio

It's how i see it anyway obviously lot's of other parameters come into play player morale, quality of player compared to opposition and adapting to there changes and overloading them or taking your foot off the gas when your team is tired and you been under the kosh for most of it

A defensive formation does not have to be necessarily defensive mentality just as an attacking one can be very good defensively if you are playing less risk long ball football or more counter attacking or even attacking mentality but you can kill there threat with man marking there outlets on the break or just bullying or marking there main creative or attacking threats out the game. An attacking long ball tactic can be just as safe and cautious as a defensive short passing tactic if that makes sense they are both low risk. Attacking and long can run into problems because even though low risk in your own half as they just boot it up field but won't keep possession well just as defensive and short they will be passing safe all day and could be easy to defend against when you do attack as you aren't moving the opposition out of position because the build up is so slow but you will be safe and keep possession but run the risk of losing the ball in your own half more.

I usually play non wib wob so with smaller teams i usually normal mentality and look to 2 key areas of opposition i need to stop and then concentrate on my attacking outlets and a creative player after that

If your team has that much quality generally tactics become less important the less quality you have tactics are the difference between overachieving or not
    Last edited by leo37; 20-05-20 at 01:45 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

What do you recommend for a defensive counter attack, direct or long passing?

Quote Originally Posted by Smicer View Post
    What do you recommend for a defensive counter attack, direct or long passing?
    depends on your team and player attributes etc

i still haven't worked out what is best for counter maybe others have on cm0102. When using it with Milan with mainly shev and Inzaghi upfront i used short, counter and defensive and worked as well as it possibly could on the Football philosophy challenge

If you have a big lump upfront or 2 of them you at least have to go direct or long then it would depend on your mentality and how quickly you will risk breaking out of defensive solidity into a counter offensive

using an Amc and 2 strikers helps or using winger with arrrows up or already stationed high up the pitch could work also in a one striker setup

Wib/Wob - Pressing vs No Pressing - Which is better?

Tactic #1 has the whole team pressing (excluding the GK and the middle striker).
    Tactic #2 has the whole team pressing (including the GK and the middle striker)
    Tactic #3 has the whole team not pressing (including the GK and the middle striker).

Both tactics were ran 150 times each using the Greek .sav file provided by Tapani.

Spoiler!

Results

Spoiler!

Conclusion

So the more you press, the more you score, but you are also more likely to concede.
    Last edited by M.C.F.C; 07-06-20 at 08:47 PM.

Hi M.C.F.C.,
    Results are very cose each other.
    When i test someting and receive this similar results 0,50 more/less , it is the most unwanted thing.
    2nd.time testing with no touchuing difference can be 0.50-.75 even 1 point-or 1 goal. too
    Did you set team pressing on off?

Quote Originally Posted by scemoka View Post
    Hi M.C.F.C.,
    Results are very cose each other.
    When i test someting and receive this similar results 0,50 more/less , it is the most unwanted thing.
    2nd.time testing with no touchuing difference can be 0.50-.75 even 1 point-or 1 goal. too
    Did you set team pressing on off?
    Pressing in the team instructions was off on all three tactics. I set the player instructions individually because I've found that when testing a tactic on holiday mode, the assistant manager sometimes changes the team instructions.

ok M.C.F.C!
    Now i have request from you! 🙏
    Please test these two tactics when you have enough time and share results as spoiler.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/gtuexr
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/it3mv5

Lets show to the people subtlety of testing.
    Last edited by scemoka; 10-06-20 at 12:40 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to scemoka For This Useful Post:

can anyone put a link up for just iodinecf on its own plz

Quote Originally Posted by TommyHale365 View Post
    can anyone put a link up for just iodinecf on its own plz
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/titryr

hi all,

i have been playing this game for years and literally years on my current save game. Year is 2185 and periodically ever 3 years I suffer the no fund glitch when i exceed a certain amount. I then need to go back to 2.14b pounds to reset it. This has been happening constantly. But now this time around it hasnt reset and ive gone 4 seasons now without buying players and just losing them.

Anyone else had this?

Quote Originally Posted by MR2ONLY View Post
    hi all,

i have been playing this game for years and literally years on my current save game. Year is 2185 and periodically ever 3 years I suffer the no fund glitch when i exceed a certain amount. I then need to go back to 2.14b pounds to reset it. This has been happening constantly. But now this time around it hasnt reset and ive gone 4 seasons now without buying players and just losing them.

Anyone else had this?
    Hi MR2ONLY, i had this around 50-70 times, long careers at same club, huge incomes, i think many mates had this at 2050's 2060's. 👍
    If stadium is bigger than 65K these rich days, come earlier.
    n one of my careers i had this again, at the beginning it was at every 3-4 years similar as yours, than every 2 two years...i did not mind mind the critical situaton, my squad very was strong, i was saying myself ''not so important, this year youth year for me''. At the end it got permanently. Never changed zero although I had that time around billions interest income every month.

You can fix it with GK4 save game editor. Give yourself via editor 700 million -1 billion, it is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by scemoka View Post
    Hi mates,
    For editing finances at GK. Save Game Editor v4
    You must select anyday you want - at Home Match Day Box
    Don't left that box empty! Otherwise you'll get overflow error!
    I prefer not-set, becuse in my own database - all home match days of all clubs removed via pre-game editor. (clean )

Have fun
    Managing rich club has a different pleasure. You can give 1 million per month to all your players as salary.
    You can see your players real face when they demand being transfer listed ''wants new challange''.
    It is enjoyable to see how he will sacrifice his salary for moving another club.

Greetings!

Hi al need some help been play for long time now and iv mostly used the 4141 tapani_iodine and 442tapani_6e but after updateing to the new update im have a lot to truble with them has the Ai tct got a boost or simething?

Hi everybody and thank you for your hard work on Cm. My cuoriosity is wich tactic have for you got best average points, wich is the tactic with best statistitic ?

Quote Originally Posted by gizzy View Post
    4-3-1-2 its work since the original game never once had a problem with it. some games i have like 16 shots on target but cant score and the other team has one shot and wins 1-0. i cant even get messi to score goals
    I had the same problem since March 2020 update, do you already solve that?

Is there a recognised tactic for just pumping goals into 1 person? Not concerned if its realistic or winning games, but is there a tactic that funnels goals to one guy insanely?

Does someone still have Cam F's great Mentalist tactic archived? Would you upload it please?

Quote Originally Posted by dilson84 View Post
    Does someone still have Cam F's great Mentalist tactic archived? Would you upload it please?
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/qf2vq6

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scemoka For This Useful Post:

Hi guys! I have a trouble. I collected good players and played with 4-1-3-2 tactics but every single match gk from other team makes 5-10 saves and became man of match. Even if that gk is not good at all he is playing literally best match in his whole career exactly against me. Wtf is this? Is this kind of bug or something?
    P.s. Sorry for my English I am not a native speaker.

New tactic

Hi Guys,

I developed a new tactic based on São Paulo 93/94.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/i1crdw

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimur View Post
    Hi guys! I have a trouble. I collected good players and played with 4-1-3-2 tactics but every single match gk from other team makes 5-10 saves and became man of match. Even if that gk is not good at all he is playing literally best match in his whole career exactly against me. Wtf is this? Is this kind of bug or something?
    P.s. Sorry for my English I am not a native speaker.
    I may have bad news, but it's also good news:
    If you get "superkeepered", as we call it, this basically means you're doing well.

The bad news: there isn't really a solution for this...

?Anyone know how i can add my own tactics to the tactics folder please?

Quote Originally Posted by robknepper View Post
    ?Anyone know how i can add my own tactics to the tactics folder please?
    Hi, I don't know if is possible to add directly your tactics to the folder, but if you create an account in Myspace or any other website, you can share your tactic with a link to download it