Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactics - Help & Discussion

vCash
    Here is a good thread for any queries you have regerds WIB WOB

WIBWOB Queries

vCash
    what type of club should i test the tactic with?

vCash
    Try with Barcelona. Win almost guaranteed!

vCash
    Well, with Barcelona the only test to tell if tactic is good or not, is condeded to scored goal ratio + you ought to win 38/38 in league + win CL + Spanish Cup + Spanish Super Cup.

As a bonus 120+ goals for Messi would be sweet .

vCash
    I guess it makes sense to test a tactic with a really good team ala Barca because if it doesn't work with someone like them it won't work with someone like Barnet? Am I thinking along the right lines?

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bnek View Post
    I guess it makes sense to test a tactic with a really good team ala Barca because if it doesn't work with someone like them it won't work with someone like Barnet? Am I thinking along the right lines?
    What works for Barnet won't necessarily work for Barca.

vCash
    I guess that's why it's wise to test with different teams.

vCash
    Its my first post here so may i add some tips to make some new ideas maybe.First of all i ve been playing cm 00 01 mainly which is of course more hard to win than cm 01 02.practising on wib/wob screens all these years noticed that :

1)if you move ALL your players(except gk) to all wib screens same distances from box to box you have better ball possesion.
    2)Doing the same to wob screens makes offside very effective.
    3)Try to place players in wib screens in such way that every player inside sees at least 5-6 players in straight line to give the ball.i mean dont hide available free players who dont have the ball behind one another.
    4)In wob screens try to fill the gaps when defending imagining where AI could pass when having the ball.
    5)Last three down wob screens now...bit complicated but i ll try to explain.Start placing players to the middle one first.Tight as you can with both defenders and mids.Then to the side wob screens do this.Place players in such way that they cover previously gaped(mean center box places) with their movement.With few words i mean by moving players to side boxes to cover the emptiness of the central box you reduce the potential passes inside the central box so the ai is in fact blocked in a way.
    6)Those for now . I hope to help with that
    7){P.S}Very important to keep same distances espesially when defending

vCash
    You've already posted the same thing here - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3257&page=3 - doesn't require multiple threads

vCash
    made a point ... sorry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Is this completely non-wibwob related? I've found that my strikers are much more clinical when I switch to normal mentality.
    I cant say if that is a real thing or just a false impression, but i usually set "free role" to all my players when opos. GL is superkeeping. Its seems to work sometimes, but is possible that is just a false correlation.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Maragato For This Useful Post:

vCash

Sweeper, is it possible to excel?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and would love to hear about advices and experiences of playing with a sweeper. Is it possible to create a new Beckenbauer?

I have always been a big fan of 01/02 and has recently discovered how to play it again on my mac! I'm in heaven

Anyway,

I haven't ever really worked with a sweeper tactic - but could imagine it could suit well into the 3-5-2 and 5-3-2 formations.

Do the sweeper profit of playing in free role, forwarded arrow and other settings?

Hope to hear a lot of good advices!

DonDolle

vCash
    It's hard to build a tactic which Sweeper gets tackling over 5.0

vCash
    I had a SW/DMC once, played great in SW with an arrow to DMC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianregan09 View Post
    Looking through the download section is a bit daunting seen as I'm not sure what I'm looking for , But i'm looking for the Iodine tactics and more importantly which ones to use , I've played this last year sometime on an old computer and I had a tactics file with all those in it , On a new computer now and looking to go back playing the game can someone point me in the right direction please ?
    IodineCF is the one mate, legendary tactic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brianregan09 View Post
    Looking through the download section is a bit daunting seen as I'm not sure what I'm looking for , But i'm looking for the Iodine tactics and more importantly which ones to use , I've played this last year sometime on an old computer and I had a tactics file with all those in it , On a new computer now and looking to go back playing the game can someone point me in the right direction please ?
    Look for 4141tapani_iodine by Tapani, all the other ones are clones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurishi View Post
    Look for 4141tapani_iodine by Tapani, all the other ones are clones
    Maybe just maybe someone started from scratch and their tactic ended up looking similar to tapanis. That's a real possibility!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Maybe just maybe someone started from scratch and their tactic ended up looking similar to tapanis. That's a real possibility!
    It is! But Tapani was the first one and never got outperformed over a large enough samplesize

vCash
    I never said anywhere that any other tactic outperformed it, I said that maybe some tactics weren't actually clones, the creator just had the same ideas as Tapani. Read before replying

vCash
    I said that maybe some tactics weren't actually clones, the creator just had the same ideas as Tapani.
    And I said that's possible. Highly unlikely, but possible

Anyway, if he wants to know what iodine-tactic to look for we should at least point out the original that also happens to still be the best one ever made

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurishi View Post
    And I said that's possible. Highly unlikely, but possible

Anyway, if he wants to know what iodine-tactic to look for we should at least point out the original that also happens to still be the best one ever made
    Its all about opinions Pat. Holidaying vs playing is completely different. My team performs better and scores more using IodineCF than it does with 4141tapani_iodine. Holidaying, well its been proven IodineCF is the best! See OTL

Its ok holidaying a tactic but there are so many variables, hence these leagues that have been created are total bollocks in my opinion.

Play the game for 10 seasons per tactic, that will determine which is the best tactic of all time.

vCash
    Its all about opinions Pat. Holidaying vs playing is completely different. My team performs better and scores more using IodineCF than it does with 4141tapani_iodine. Holidaying, well its been proven IodineCF is the best! See OTL

Its ok holidaying a tactic but there are so many variables, hence these leagues that have been created are total bollocks in my opinion.

Play the game for 10 seasons per tactic, that will determine which is the best tactic of all time.
    OTL doesn't prove much, 10 seasons is not nearly enough to determine the true strenght of a tactic. In the ATL Tapani is No.1.

You have a valid point there about holidaying vs playing though

vCash
    ATL proves nothing either, tests (even on holiday) are not run for long enough seasons.

Jesus is offline Official Challenge Team
    Social Media Team
    vCash
    ATL proves nothing either, tests (even on holiday) are not run for long enough seasons.
    So 100 seasons isn't long enough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    So 100 seasons isn't long enough?
    I think you know the answer to that.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast