• Stay

10 90.91%
  • Go

1 9.09%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: [STORY] The Emperors of Japan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Wow, that change definitely did pay off! 8 goals by my count for Josimar, it's about time he got going. Some great results for you there and I think the last one is just bad luck. Keep the faith and you'll soon catch up to Consadole!
    Yes. Josimar has been on fire (other than the Verdy game) since he's had the playmaker tag removed. I'm surprised the changes have had quite such a difference and I'm happy to put the last game down as a bad day at the office, although I do wonder if that was the norm and the other 5 games the freeks !

Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Yep. Little change makes a big difference.

And a change for the better. Just need to avoid defensive injuries now and you are as good as up.
    Jumping a bit ahead of yourself there mate. We have no deapth for any position, so any injuries, or lack of fitness, or suspension, or call-up to the Brazil squad is going to hurt us (OK so the last one I'm jumping ahead of myself)

Quote Originally Posted by merkezekrem View Post
    Amazing set of results there! I think you'll win by a margin
    A very long way still to go. Not yet 1/3rd of the way through the league program and this defence is very week and low on numbers
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Bloody brilliant month after a tipsy rugby one before that

Nicely positioned and finding your best tactics etc

Can we get a view from the fans on the start to the season and thoughts on Mr Eejit?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

Host: Welcome to JOEU-FM broadcasting on 79.7MHz throughout Ehime prefecture. This is the football phone in and as we enter the midseason break, we want to look at the start that Ehime FC have made to their J-League 2 campaign under new manager The Eejit. Despite doom and gloom predictions, Ehime FC are sitting 3rd, just behind the leaders and are on a fine vein of form. So what do you think of the season so far ? Where do you think they will finish in November. What does The Eejit need to do to take Ehime FC to the next level ? And we have our first caller. Hi Line 1 what's your name ?
    Line 1: I just want to say that The Eejit has been a breath of fresh air in Ehime. I don't think anyone else could do what he has done.
    Host: So what do you want him to do differently ?
    Line 1: He is just perfect the way he is ! What mother could ask for a better son ?
    Host: Thankyou Line 1. We have a caller on line 4. I hope it is not another of his relatives. Line 4, what's your name
    Line 4: Hi, this is Han,
    Host: Han San. What's your comment
    Han: The defence. It is dreadful. 20 goals in 14 games sounds more like relegation form to me. Look. When you are playing 3 at the back, like The Eejit insists on doing, you have got to hold your line. What we have is Hidoshi wandering around like a brown cow. And it is more like a defensive V than a cohesive line. Shocking. That is the only way to describe it.
    Host: So Han San. Despite sitting in 3rd place you're not impressed ?
    Han: impressed ! Far from it. Have you seen the age of the players ! There is only 1 of them over 35. You'll win nothing with kids I tell you. Nothing.
    Host: Thankyou Han San. Who do we have from Line 2 ?
    Line 2: I've got just a few thoughts from following Ehime FC home and away for the past 10 years.

That life isn’t fair and sometimes the best team doesn’t always win.
    That refs being sponsored by Specsavers, doesn’t always make them see things better than my Poundshop glasses do.
    That for every decision that I think is unfair; there’s a guy on the other side of the pitch who thinks it’s right.
    That the optimism that a new cup competition brings, is nearly always doomed to failure.
    That the amount of fluids you drink before a game is equal or less than the amount you have to pee out during it.
    That God is fickle about what team he really supports.
    That during Transfer Deadline day nobody is never going to say “now over to Ningineer Stadium where we have a breaking news story.”
    That the Close season is far too long and the wife thinks it’s not long enough.
    That at times watching Ehime FC is not more important than life and death; it’s just a slow death.
    That watching Ehime FC is not a good hangover cure.
    That early kick offs are not conducive to being sober on a Saturday, at the time you meet up with the wife for that meal you promised to take her to.
    Host: Sorry to interupt you line 2, but we have someone more interesting on line 3
    Line 3: Hi, my name is Pixie
    Host: Hi Pixie what would you like to say about The Eejit's work
    Pixie: He always gives me a great deal of pleasure
    Host: What was your highlight of the season so far ?
    Pixie: The master suite at the Tokyo Hilton
    Host: And what possition do you think he might finish ?
    Pixie: On top, as always.
    Host: Thank you Pixie. Line 1, what is your point ?
    Line 1: It's about Ken-Ichi Ego.
    Host: Ah yes, the forgotten striker. What do you want to say about Ken-Ichi ?
    Line 1: I am …. I mean he is one of the hardest working professionals in Japan. I …. I mean he deserves to be playing in the first team every week.
    Host: But Josimar, Terauchi and Yokoyama have been banging in the goals. Which one would you drop
    Line 1: I don't care, so long as I …. I mean he gets a regular game.
    Host: Thank you caller. Well that about wraps up the show. All that remains to say is enjoy the break and we will see you in 6 weeks with live commentary on the road trip to Avispa.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The Ego is really trying hard to get himself a game!!

Don't know about Pixie but I know the Sats are sure who should be playing!

Spoiler!

They are coming to have a word with The Eejit!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Brilliant stuff Eej - loved that segment

Superb callers!

This made me

What we have is Hidoshi wandering around like a brown cow.

Love ebfatz's response as well

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I should have known it wouldn't be long till Pixie would make an appearance

What idiot told you to make Josimar a playmaker?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    The Ego is really trying hard to get himself a game!!

Don't know about Pixie but I know the Sats are sure who should be playing!

Spoiler!

They are coming to have a word with The Eejit!
    Brilliant. Why didn't I think of that. I'm now off to see if anyone wrote a song about Josimar !

vCash
    The Emperors of Japan - Chapter 8

It may have been 7 weeks without any football being played, but it was not without incident. I spent the first 2 weeks catching up with The Saturdays and relieving them of their stresses and strains.

When I got back there was news that Yuji Miyahara was back to full fitness

This would be as good as getting a new signing as the attacking midfielder has been out since the start of the season. He should offer something different to my midfield. I also had a chance to look at the schedule and particularly the Emperors Cup which follows on from the end of the league season. Kodima and Uchino from the first team squad would both have contracts which would expire in the early stages, so they were both offered 1 year extensions to secure their services.

Finally the World Anti Doping Agency had been asked to investigate FIFA and UEFA following some very strange decisions from their head quarters.

They didn't find any illegal substances, but they did call in the fraud squad as their was evidence of bribary. The money trail led them to the proprietor of a football gaming website and I'm sure that there will be more on this story to follow

All too soon the holiday was over and it was back to action. Even this early in the season, the clash with Avispa was being seen as a potential promotion 6 pointer.

Take that Avispa ! They had won the first encounter on the extra time golden goal and revenge was sweet. You could say that this was a typical game of 3 halves, but only in Japan. Kawai was in for the suspended Hoshino and Kamnamori took over as captain. Miyahara had to make do with a place on the bench. For the first half, Avispa looked like the better side and probably deserved the lead, although 2-0 was flattering. Second half and Miyahara was given the chance as Chishima was complaining about an ankle knock and I decided not to risk him. We were all over the visitors from Fukuoka (try saying that 3 times very quickly in front of your gran).

We were a team transformed and had a golden chance to half the deficit, but Terauchi's penalty was week and the keeper gathered it with ease. It was not long before he made ammends. Miyahara headed on a clearance, Kodama crossed to the far post and Terauchi was there to apply the finish. Classic counter attacking. Avispa did well to hold back the tsunami of Ehime attacks, but they couldn't prevent Terauchi getting in the cross which Yokoyama burried to level the scores. From there, there was only going to be 1 winner, but we had to wait for the 3rd half. 7 minutes in and Kodama had an effort blocked. Hamaoka followed up and brought out a save from Yoshida. The keeper was back on his feet quickly to block Kodama's follow up, but could do nothing when Aono was left with a tap in for the winner.

2 points won or 1 point lost ? Consadole fought out a 2-2 draw and couldn't be separated from Bellmare even after an extra 30 minutes. We had picked up a point on the leaders.

Not much change, but significantly we move upto 2nd with Avispa dropping to 4th. Still a very long way to go and we have Cerezo next at home. The two other league games next month look very winnable as we travel to HollyHock and host Yokohama FC. We also have the Japanese Cup tie with Bellmare and a trip to Hiratsuka for the first leg. I have bad vibes about this as the last round was also games either side of a HollyHock league game and we know what happened then.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The callers on the radio were great, funny stuff!

Good win over Avispa! Inching ever closer to the top!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Great stuff! Love the Player of the year awards, where did you get that pic of Mark?!

KUTGW!
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

vCash
    With Consadole dropping points, got to see that as two points won

vCash
    Good win over your challengers there

Helluva comeback in the game as well!

vCash
    The Emperors of Japan - Chapter 9

At the moment, every game seems to be a vital promotion 6 pointer. And this one is no exception. Kawai again started in defence despite Hoshino being available following his suspension and it was an error of judgement that would be costly, not that you could have told from an opening half hour where defences were on top. Thoughts of a nil-nil draw were dashed on 37 minutes by a classic route 1 counter. Kanamori hoofed a clearance in the general direction of as far away as possible. Terauchi collected the ball and tested the keeper from distance. He spilled the ball and Josimar was on hand to mop up the remains. It was harsh on Cerezo and straight from the restart it was ever so close to 2-0. Terauchi one on one with the keeper only managed to hit the post. That would have been game over, but instead Cerezo saw their chance and a low cross from the right was missed by all the defence, leaving Oshiba with space to smash an equalisier in off the post. For a while it looked like the men from Osaka would over power us, but we withstood the onslaught and started to create a few chances of our own. The game was heading for extra time and the mistake of playing Kawai bit us on the bum. Watanabe tried to take him on and a lazy leg connected with shin instead of ball. Down went the winger and Martinez converted the penalty. A harsh lesson on checking the fucking team before hitting continue !

Ogata was given a rare start in defence as Hoshino had a slight knock. Tanak took Yokoyama's place in attack and Miyahara had a first start in midfield for Aono. After this one I was livid. It was a horrendous defeat, not because it was a match that we dominated in every department. Not because this was an important cup game and not because we again surrendered a lead. We conceded 2 goals to a 40 year old striker ! The second in the 86th minute. Get a fucking grip and play for the shirt in the second leg.

Bottom club HollyHock had done us in a smash and grab first time we met. I was taking no chances and we were back to a full strength side. 4-0 was a score which flattered us Terauchi was set up by Yokoyama for an early goal to settle the nerves, but it was injury time in the first half before the second came from the same double act. There was lots of huffing and puffing in the second period and just as the fans were starting to leave, Goto sprinted down the right and crossed for Josimar. Into injury time and Miyahara took control in the centre circle and took on the entire defence before netting number 4. Flattering maybe, but I'll take the win and the clean sheet ever day of the week.

second leg of the cup and we had a 2-1 deficit to over turn back at Ningineer. Hoshino was back to bolster the defence while Tanaka and Miyahara kept their places. Most of all, the 40 year old would not be allowed to score again ! It was a 6 goal thriller which started with Josimar making space for Tanaka. The game always looked to have more goals in it, but it was almost an hor played before the lead was doubled. Hyodo (on for Miyahara) exchanged passes with Hamaoka, hit the bye line and pulled back a low cross for his midfield partner to slam home. Bellmare pulled one back to make it 3-3 on aggregate. Hamaoka again made all the hard yards to leave Hamaoha the chance to put us back in front in the tie, but again Bellmare were not beaten. A second on the night put them ahead on away goals with 6 minutes to play. For the third time on the night, Hyodo set up the hat-trick chance for Hamaoka and we had pulled off the win. J-League 1 side FC Tokyo would be the quarter final challenge.

Final game of a topsy turvey month. Yokohama are a poor side and with us at full strength, it was always a question of how many. That said, Chishima's lung bursting run to kill off Yokohama hope of a shock, just after they had equalised, was worth the entrance fee alone. Yes we lost a soft goal, but we needed the win to stay in contention

Still second we have dropped to 5 points behind Consadole who had 2 wins and a draw. Ehime FC continue to lead the scoring charts and Terauchi is now tied on 16 league goals with Danilso Cordoba (Consadole). Josimar is just 1 behind.

7 league games next month. Kyoto Sanga, Sanfrecce, Avispa and Verdy away with Ventforet, Bellmare (again) and Vegalta visiting us. That will take us into the second half of the season and should start to sort the men out from the boys.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Solid month overall. Ignoring the cup defeat which you came back from then a good set of results and still set up nicely for promotion

No draws yet

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

The Emperors of Japan

Dupe post!

vCash
    Gutted, Eej. Gone from narrowing down the gap to 4 points to suffering two defeats and now a 5 point gap. At least they are not a million miles away!

Well done on turning it around in the cup. Will FC Tokyo be too tough a challenge? They're one of the big teams in Japan, aren't they?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Is the aim to win league then or just gain promotion (or just do best you can in 1 season with this club?)

vCash
    Gutted, Eej. Gone from narrowing down the gap to 4 points to suffering two defeats and now a 5 point gap. At least they are not a million miles away!

Well done on turning it around in the cup. Will FC Tokyo be too tough a challenge? They're one of the big teams in Japan, aren't they?
    We are still in contact and half the season to go. we still have to play them home and away, and 5 points from the top is a hell of a lot better than I could have dreamed of at this stage.

FC Tokyo are 4th in J-League 1, so it will be a huge step up in terms of the players available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Is the aim to win league then or just gain promotion (or just do best you can in 1 season with this club?)
    To do the best I can. There is a thread in the challenges section that says how you get points.

That said, I can't think of a time when my aim was not to win the league. "I think I'll aim to be 5th this season" ..... Nope ...... never said it

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    That said, I can't think of a time when my aim was not to win the league. "I think I'll aim to be 5th this season" ..... Nope ...... never said it
    You're clearly not an Ipswich Town fan...
    Discover more about members of the Champman0102 community, as they answer:
    Twenty Questions!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The Emperors of Japan - Chapter 10

This was much easier than the final score would suggest. We pretty much dominated from start to finish, except when Tada failed to hold a long rage shot and the Kyoto lad was first to react. Earlier Hamaoka had tet up Terauchi for a simple finish and we got the deserved winner from Miyahara who was a half time replacement. He is proving to be a valuable player, but does appear to pick up a lot of knocks during games.

Miyahara and Tanaka started this one with Aono and Terauchi not recovered enough for this midweek game. They failed to score against us last time and never looked like troubling Tada with just 1 shot all match. We, on the other hand pounded their goal and finally got the breakthrough just before the hour mark. The keeper misjudged a Hamaoka cross-cum-shot and thought it was going wide, not realising that Josimar was lurking at the back post. The game was made safe by substitute Hyoda converting a Hamaoka corner.

私たちは毎週あなたに再生することができます
    or
    Watashitachi wa maishū anata ni saisei suru koto ga dekimasu
    was the song as the full time whistle blew. It translates to “Can we play you every week ?” It was 6-0 the last time we met and could easily have been the same again. Josimar got 4 and might have had more as we ran riot against close challengers. Josimar's first and second came from a fluffed goalkicks. His hat-trick came when the keeper failed to hold Josimar's own header and his 4th forth was a low drive which came out of the blue. In between, Terauchi was set up by Hamaoka. I'd love to know how many times these 2 have combined this season. Two clean sheets in a row ….. extra bonus points and a smiling manager !

Quite how we won this game I don't know. Bellmare gave us a whipping, but Tada was inspired in this game. Time and time he pulled off miracle saves and visiting manager Tomiohiro Kaminaga was muttering about “super-keepers” at full time. We stole all 3 points thanks to 2 Josimar headers, set up by crosses from his strike partners Terauchi and Yokoyama. For the second time this season we have gone 3 clean sheets on the spin. Bring on Vegalta who were the first team that failed to score against us in a cup game.

What a game ! Twice we went behind and twice we drew level. Seconds before extra time and that man Terauchi pops up with a winner to take all 3 points ! Vegalta will be very disappointed to go home with nothing to show for their efforts. I know the run of clean sheets is over, but the 3 points are worth much more, so I'll say nothing about them this time. It's winning that matters, not how you win.

9 wins in a row is a new club record, but again we did it the hard way. Terauchi and Josimar were both struggling for fitness allowing Yokoyama to lead the line. It was his savage right foot shot that levelled the scores seconds after we had gone behind. He then put us ahead shortly after half time. Kawai was another starting the game and it was his missed tackle that allowed Kiyokazu Kudo in for an Avispa leveller just seconds after we had scored. There always looked to be more goals in this one and it was us that got it Shinya Kuzo, Kiyokazu's brother, was the man who got it profitting from a one-two with Yokoyama to get the space that he needed. We really must stop making life so difficult for ourselves.

5 games in the month and 5 wins. That is what Consadole had done, although their 2-1 win over Ventforet had required extra time, so the deficit was back down to 4 points. We now have the best attack and the best defence. Josimar on 23 goals is now the leagues leading scorer and Tada, statistically, the best keeper. More importantly than that, we were now well clear of any other challenger. It was looking like a 2 horse race for the title.

But their was one final game in the month for both clubs

I'm not sure how to even start to summarise this one. It was the most onesided game yet and you could argue that Josimar's 7th minute opener was long over due. What followed was a tsunami of Ehime attacks with the home side rarely able to get out of their own half. Tada was having a stinker though and with 9 minutes left we found our selves 3-1 down from their only 3 shots of the game. I thought that when the two substitutes, Miyahara and Tanaka worked a goal out of nothing that it would just be a consolation, but instead Verdy went to pieces. Kodama put Tanaka through for an equaliser and Josimar pounced on the loose ball when Miyahara's shot was saved to get the win and 3 valuable points. The true value of this miraculous comeback only became apparent when news came through that Vegalta had beaten Consadole 1-0 in Sapporo.

We were now just 1 point behind the leaders and on a 10 game winning run. Beat them, on our own turf, and we go top for the first time this season. That game would follow the first leg of the FC Tokyo cup quarter final. After the top of the table clash, HollyHock vistit, followed by the return of FC Tokyo and a visit from Kyoto Sanga. A busy month ends with 3 games on the road. Yokohama FC, Bellmare and Cerezo. 8 games in 28 days would truly test the squad. The month of September could make or break our chance of silverware.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    "Tatoe Anata Life is subjugate koto ga malcomcorner dekimasu" not bad

Great run there! And finally Consadole lost. My consadolences

34. The Following User Says Thank You to merkezekrem For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Going to be a thriller! I thought for sure when you won five out of five that you would be top of the table...

36. The Following User Says Thank You to kuy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A fantastic run! 10 games and Josimar is living up to the hype and promise that was identified at the start of your tenure.

I wonder if you'll give the main players a rest for that cup game in order to keep everyone fresh for that six-pointer against Consadole?
    The Alphabet Game #3

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Wow - amazing run there - I was another that thought you would have topped the league but the leaders are relentless..................

until that last game!

Now a 1 point race - looks like you are managing the team perfectly - hope you keep it going!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuy View Post
    Going to be a thriller! I thought for sure when you won five out of five that you would be top of the table...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Wow - amazing run there - I was another that thought you would have topped the league but the leaders are relentless..................

until that last game!

Now a 1 point race - looks like you are managing the team perfectly - hope you keep it going!
    Have to say that I couldn't believe that Consadole could keep winning. At least we are pulling clear of 3rd. Going to be a big game v Consadole who ever wins will have momentum, hard to call it a title decider so early in the season, but this probably is a title decider.

A fantastic run! 10 games and Josimar is living up to the hype and promise that was identified at the start of your tenure.

I wonder if you'll give the main players a rest for that cup game in order to keep everyone fresh for that six-pointer against Consadole?
    I was sure that Josimar would come good, and he hasn't disappointed. I don't think that I have got the squad for any serious squad rotation. I'll play the best fittest players available for both games

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

AMC

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast