Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "I have a question . . . ."

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Maybe fresh as not sure where you already are

Follow Staurn instructions in the opening post of the thread

So, to summarise the instructions:
    1. Install the game and apply the official 3.9.68 patch.
    2. Download the new Data folder and extract it. Delete the Data folder currently in your Championship Manager folder and paste the new Data folder in there.
    3. Select, or if necessary request, an exe in post #2. Download the exe, extract it and paste it into your Championship Manager folder, overwriting the file already there.
    4. Play.

vCash

Does anyone play the Swedish league?

Hi there fellow Champ Managers.

I've got an odd request to anyone that might be able to get hold of a season in the Swedish league please. Back in the day when the 00/01 (or maybe 99/00) version came out one of my teammates in the Swedish 4th division team, Mälarhöjden IK, did some work on the Swedish version of Champ and he put me and a half of our team in the game. With our actual stats and positions and all. I've been trying to find a version of the game that could work on my Macbook but haven't been successful so far and I dont have a PC. So if anyone could somehow start a new Swedish league and find Mälarhöjden IK or search for me, Ahmet Unver, and send me some screen grabs of the team and my poor stats I would be truly grateful and earn eternal respect from my friends and my lady.

Thanks

vCash
    Ahmet abi, I have the 01/02 version. I'll check tomorrow if you are included there. I'll let you know

vCash
    There you go! https://imgur.com/a/P3rW9

and here's the team: https://imgur.com/a/8hJKJ

I also saw Levent Göker, Okan Çelik, Doğan Çiçek, Hayrullah Tekin in the team, if you're interested
    Last edited by emanon; 21-01-18 at 11:55 AM.

vCash
    Amazing! Thank you so much! Yes please could you also send me the one of Amir Srebrenikovic if he's there too? This is gold .

Quote Originally Posted by emanon View Post
    There you go! https://imgur.com/a/P3rW9

and here's the team: https://imgur.com/a/8hJKJ

I also saw Levent Göker, Okan Çelik, Doğan Çiçek, Hayrullah Tekin in the team, if you're interested

vCash

Is There Any Way To Add Selected Leagues Into A Saved Game?

When I started, I only selected England, Italy, France, Spain and Germany (no background leagues). As I've won all the continental European competitions multiple times, I kind of feel like trying my hand certainly in the Copa Libertadores and possibly in the Asian and OFC Champions Leagues (if I remember correctly, it's impossible to try in the African Champions League, firstly because there are no African leagues available and secondly because even if there was a patch for say the Moroccan league I would assume the patch would only include that and wouldn't include the African CL)?

vCash
    No mate, you're stuck with the leagues you selected at the start of the game.

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    There isn't other than starting over.

I think some added the African Champions League into the game in testing but haven't seen it in a patch. Ceuta or Melilla are the closest to playing in Africa after that (or national side of course)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    There isn't other than starting over.

I think some added the African Champions League into the game in testing but haven't seen it in a patch. Ceuta or Melilla are the closest to playing in Africa after that (or national side of course)
    Thanks.

vCash
    This possibility was added only in recent Football Manager games and it is not there for long time either (3 years if I recall?) where you can add leagues to already started game. Kind of fun if you get bored.

But you have to realise that CM0102 is very old game now lol. Asking for such features is out of question .
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/info0
    Twitch.tv: infonator07
    Twitter: info0

Donators welcome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by info0 View Post
    This possibility was added only in recent Football Manager games and it is not there for long time either (3 years if I recall?) where you can add leagues to already started game. Kind of fun if you get bored.

But you have to realise that CM0102 is very old game now lol. Asking for such features is out of question .
    I'm quite a retrogamer and have played nothing but Championship Manager 94 for years; CM0102 looks positively NASA-esque to me .

vCash

Some Problems On CM0102

Hi,

I've posted quite a bit here these past days so I'm going to ask two questions within one thread if that's OK as I don't want to take up space with my things.

First, one thing I don't get is that my reputation seems to drop suddenly at times, particularly since I took the Senegal job. I was the top manager in Italy and one of the top two or three in the world for a while, then I took the Senegal job and I plummeted in the world stakes and dropped quite a bit in Italy too. Towards the end of last season I was back up to top two in Italy and top ten in the world but I just checked there now and I've gone back down to 26th in the world, 3rd in Italy but in Italy I've gone from world class to superb.

After 4 scudetti, 4 coppe Italia, 4 supercoppe italiane, 4 European super cups, 3 intercontinental cups, 1 world club championship, 3 Champions Leagues, 1 Europa League, an African Cup of Nations and a World Cup with Senegal, who hadn't won anything ever, in real life teams would be falling over themselves to get me.

I could understand a bit if I'd started the new season terribly, but I won all the supercup competitions, including the i/c, am joint top in Serie A level on points with Torino but with three games in hand, I qualified top with a game to spare in the first CL group stage and comfortably beat Barcelona away in the first match of the second group stage with the next five still to play and am comfortably into the quarter finals of the coppa Italia. I got Messi and CR on frees but quickly realised they weren't up to scratch anymore despite brilliant seasons with Barcelona and Madrid last year so I sold Messi and have CR up for sale but I wouldn't imagine that's effected it

Second thing is, I'd like to challenge myself but am not necessarily interested in competing in the challenges listed here. All are great and it's just a personal thing but I'd like to decide what I want to achieve and see can I.

I would like, if possible, to try to win the Champions Leagues in each confederation (Copa Libertadores in South America). I'm playing with the Oct 17 update and someone told me to add the Saturn update to make it easier to move countries. Is it possible to find patches for NZ league (as I'd assume Oz teams go into AFC in update) and an African (preferably North African) league which adds in the CAF CL? I'm happy enough to try to win CONMEBOL with Arg/Bra leagues, CONCACAF with Mex/US leagues, AFC with Oz/Japanese leagues and UEFA with the leagues already on the game.

Maybe I'm asking too much from an old game but I see there's lots of patches for leagues around.

Thanks.

vCash
    Your reputation will be linked to Senegals reputation, and it's difficult to get Senegals reputation up very high because the region they play in has a low rep. It's not just a country thing either, if you joined a low rep club team, lets say in the Italian Serie C, your reputation would suffer for that too even though all of Italy knows about your past greatness

The same thing happens to player reps too. If a player joins a high rep team their rep can go up and all of a sudden an uncapped player can get an international call up, whereas they can join a lower rep club and have their reputation destroyed

For example I remember a save game where I was managing Aberystwyth Town in Wales, Manchester United released Ryan Giggs because they already had 50 players in their squad when they made a signing. We picked him up without any competition and he stayed with us until he retired. We never made the Champions League and no other clubs ever came in for him and he was always 'happy to stay'. His reputation was just absolutely slaughtered by joining us!

And to add to that, if you're a small club with a small reputation and you buy a mega star player you will find that both your own reputation and the clubs reputation will receive a boost. Not really relevant to your Senegal situation but just a bit of an insight into how reputation works on cm

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Whyme For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyme View Post
    Your reputation will be linked to Senegals reputation, and it's difficult to get Senegals reputation up very high because the region they play in has a low rep. It's not just a country thing either, if you joined a low rep club team, lets say in the Italian Serie C, your reputation would suffer for that too even though all of Italy knows about your past greatness

The same thing happens to player reps too. If a player joins a high rep team their rep can go up and all of a sudden an uncapped player can get an international call up, whereas they can join a lower rep club and have their reputation destroyed

For example I remember a save game where I was managing Aberystwyth Town in Wales, Manchester United released Ryan Giggs because they already had 50 players in their squad when they made a signing. We picked him up without any competition and he stayed with us until he retired. We never made the Champions League and no other clubs ever came in for him and he was always 'happy to stay'. His reputation was just absolutely slaughtered by joining us!

And to add to that, if you're a small club with a small reputation and you buy a mega star player you will find that both your own reputation and the clubs reputation will receive a boost. Not really relevant to your Senegal situation but just a bit of an insight into how reputation works on cm
    Makes sense, thanks. I'll hang on with Senegal to try and win the Confederations Cup and the Olympics, if I'm in them, in case I don't get the chance again and then resign. It's useful to know that too with the challenge I have in mind that I'd be better to do South America and Europe first then go onto Asia, Africa (if I can find a patch) and Australia (just seen they're still in OFC in the update) than try going the other way around.

vCash
    Any tips or tricks to get a new job more easy?

Even if i win the champions league again and again with for example Barcelona nobody wants me if i apply for the job.

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zola View Post
    Any tips or tricks to get a new job more easy?

Even if i win the champions league again and again with for example Barcelona nobody wants me if i apply for the job.
    What version of the game are you using? I know that Saturn made it much easier to get other jobs in his recent patches. On the ODB it's almost impossible to get a top job if you're not the right nationality.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    What version of the game are you using? I know that Saturn made it much easier to get other jobs in his recent patches. On the ODB it's almost impossible to get a top job if you're not the right nationality.
    version 3.9.68 nationality is belgian, i already used other nationalitys but with the same result
    selected leagues: spain, france, germany, england, italy, portugal, holland and belgium
    i played with: barcelona, feyenoord, monaco, psv, valencia and anderlecht
    100 times tried to get a job in england, italy, germany and portugal. Even the lower league teams, nobody wants me.
    I played with al the teams champion, won the champions league with barcelona and monaco several times, national cup, supercup, world club, ... won everthing. And now i'm getting bored so i apply other theams but it doesn't work. Maybe there is a simple solution, thats the reason of my question..

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    The solution is simple: accept that you won't get jobs easily in the original version of the game.

In later patches (Tapani and Saturn) this got fixed so you might want to try those.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345