Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Films

vCash
    He was brilliant
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You can tell that the cold nights are creeping in and that I'm currently on a mission to save money - More nights indoors and more films watched!

Bambi
    17 Again
    Treasure Planet
    Swamp Thing
    Supergirl
    Annie (1982)
    Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
    The Return of Swamp Thing
    Miss Congeniality
    CHRIST - you watch some shite....do you not vet films first??...or just press play and hope for the best...

saved yourself with THOR - Raganok.....hands down the best film so far of 2017...and possibly the best Marvel film to date!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MR_Punk View Post
    Still a 9.1 / 10.

The .1 is just additional for the Korg dialogue.
    Played by the New Zealand director of the film...putting on a great Saffa accent!

vCash
    I go through all films released by DC. Did the same with Marvel.

The other ones there are films picked by the missus - Obviously!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    I still can't get over the fact Mark gave Goodfellas a 7!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash
    Honestly, it's only because I thought the ending wasn't as good as it could have been! Expected something really dramatic but it ended with a whimper as far I'm concerned!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Honestly, it's only because I thought the ending wasn't as good as it could have been! Expected something really dramatic but it ended with a whimper as far I'm concerned!
    never going to get that on something based on a true story though, except Titanic that ship will always look epic when it sinks.

vCash
    The other ones there are films picked by the missus - Obviously!
    My missus watches films....if i like the look of them i watch them....if they are going to be shite i dont!

have a filter fella!

vCash
    I can't argue with whatever film she picks, we take in turns and it's our right to pick whatever we'd like to watch. It doesn't bother me that much, not as though I watch them properly from start to finish. I'll often get the laptop out for CM if I know it's a dud.
    The Alphabet Game #3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Watched Jigsaw, one of the better ones from the SAW series before it got stupid. Probably 3rd best out of them all.

vCash
    My Girl - 7/10.
    Batman & Robin - 4/10.
    I, Robot - 6/10.
    Catwoman - 4/10.
    Dear John - 6/10.
    Constantine - 6/10.
    Rumor Has It... - 5/10.
    Superman Returns - 6/10.
    The Hunger Games - 9/10.
    The Losers - 6/10.
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 7/10.
    Jonah Hex - 3/10.
    Green Lantern - 5/10.
    The Nightmare Before Christmas - 5/10.
    Man of Steel - 7/10.

Not quite as many films watched throughout November. As you can see, I'm still plodding my way through DC movies with some dross in there like Catwoman, Jonah Hex and Green Lantern! Almost caught up with all of their movies now though. Some usual chick flicks thrown in and we've rewatched the first two Hunger Games. Loved the first one and still think the second one was rushed a little too much in comparison to the books. As for Nightmare Before Christmas, I'd never watched it before but knew what it was all about. Tim Burton's stuff just isn't really my cup of tea really!
    The Alphabet Game #3

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Charity Shield/Cup Title
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Escobar: Paradise Lost - quite enjoyed this!

vCash
    What we do in the shadows - quality New Zealand comedy about a bunch of vampire misfits
    from some of the guys that made "Flight of the Conchords"

vCash
    Went to the new Stars Wars last night

vCash
    Ditto - Thought it was worth a watch but the more I think about it, the more I think it's not been well written/directed at all.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    I loved it except for the big spoiler bit. No real reason given for it

vCash

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pisani For This Useful Post:

vCash
    watched The Circle on Netflix. Kinda creepy for a tech movie

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Watched Bright and The Foreigner on Netflix last night.

Bright - 7/10 Was a good idea for a film and passed the time. Quite enjoyed it, not sure why it got such bad reviews. The songs in the film were pretty good as well.

The Foreigner - 7/10 Again another film which passed the time which I quite enjoyed.

vCash
    Thanks to the Christmas break and being off work, we've got in a LOT of films since my last update

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - 7/10 - Had seen this one before but the opening scene didn't make sense to me. It does now as I realise it follows on from Man of Steel.
    The Holiday - 8/10 - Bit of a classic xmas film within my family so enjoyed watching this one again.
    Suicide Squad - 7/10 - Never seen this before so had looked forwards to it. It was worth a watch, had some funny bits in it but definitely not as good as I expected it to be.
    When Harry Met Sally... - 7/10 - Never seen this before either but realise it's now the film with THAT Meg Ryan scene
    Spider-Man Homecoming - 8/10 - Great film, really enjoyed it and the cast choice to play Spiderman was brilliant.
    Four Weddings and a Funeral - 8/10 - An old favourite of mine, great comedy film.
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 8/10 - Wanted to finish off the LotR movies so picked this and it's a good start to the trilogy.
    Die Hard - 9/10 - Classic! Need I say more?
    The Truman Show - 9/10 - GF had never seen this before so it was great to see it through her eyes watching it for the first time. Still a cracking Jim Carrey film.
    Arthur Christmas - 7/10 - Worth a watch, I suppose.
    The Hateful Eight - 7/10 - A Tarantino movie which I thought was based on Django but it wasn't. It's OK but not one of Tarantino's best movies.
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 - 6/10 - I really liked the first movies but I think the direction went awry here.
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 8/10 - Superb film, I remember watching it for the first time and thinking WTF but it makes so much more sense now.
    Manhunter - 7/10 - Having already watched Silence of the Lambs, I decided to watch the other Hannibal films and this was the first from 1986 and it's pretty good.
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas - 4/10 - Absolutely hate this movie.
    The Sixth Sense - 9/10 - Superb, loved watching this again as it's probably the first film where I genuinely freaked out, having watched it in my early teens on my own and late at night
    Unbreakable - 6/10 - Another Bruce Willis film, I didn't think it was that good personally.
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 8/10 - We watched this at the cinema and I came out of it thinking that it was amazing. But the more I've reflected on it, the more I don't think it was actually that good.
    Die Hard 2 - 8/10 - Another enjoyable action movie!
    Bridesmaids - 7/10 -
    Fred Claus - 6/10 - Vince Vaughan comedy.
    Hannibal - 5/10 - Didn't think this was that great to be honest!
    New Year's Eve - 5/10 - Star studded film but crap storyline.
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 6/10 - Getting a bit boring now.
    Supersonic - 8/10 - Documentary about Oasis, loved it.
    Red Dragon - 7/10 - A remake of Manhunter basically.
    Wonder Woman - 7/10 - It was OK, I thought it would be better.
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge - 7/10 - Better that the last couple of movies that they released.
    Spy - 7/10 - Enjoyable comedy with Melissa McCarthy.
    Inside Out - 7/10 - Worth a watch.
    The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - 6/10 - Bit more action in this but again, getting too long and dragged out now.
    Maleficent - 6/10 - Boring.
    Hannibal Rising - 6/10 - The origins of Hannibal Lecter, tuned out a bit to be honest.
    Bridget Jones's Diary - 7/10 - First film isn't that bad for a comedy.
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - 8/10 - Good film, I'd like to read the book to compare the two.
    A Series of Unfortunate Events - 5/10 - Boring film with Jim Carrey the villain.
    Reservoir Dogs - 9/10 - Now this is the classic Tarantino movie for me!
    Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason - 5/10 - Pointless sequel.
    The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride - 5/10 - See above.
    Jumanji - 8/10 - Classic movie from my childhood with the legend that is Robin Williams.
    The Lion King 3: Hakuna Matata - 5/10 - Basically the first movie but through the eyes of Timon and Pumbaa, another pointless movie.

I think we need to get out more
    The Alphabet Game #3

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    wanna watch the hunger games films,
    whats the order to watch them in?
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    Don't bother I'd say... watch Battle Royale instead... hunger games is basically a remake of battle royale but for the Twilight crowd...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Pisani For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeezerCeltic1967 View Post
    wanna watch the hunger games films,
    whats the order to watch them in?
    The Hunger Games
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2

I read the books before watching them and have to admit that the books were far better. In fairness, the first two films weren't too bad but the final two that was split up was badly done, imo.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    cheers pal
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row

vCash
    I've seen Bright the other day. It's watchable I'd say, a solid 6/10. The cast was pretty decent too. Buy ou can tell Netflix doesn't have a well oiled machine yet when it comes to movie making. It's a good start though.

vCash
    Decided to watch "Man on Fire" again (not seen it for a few years) and what a great film. 9/10