Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1037

Thread: Films

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hornbloweroafc View Post
    Decided to watch "Man on Fire" again (not seen it for a few years) and what a great film. 9/10
    cracker

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    whatever you do, do not waste 2 hours of your life on "Mother" 2017 starring Jennifer Lawrence, dreadful film

vCash
    The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar - 4/10 - Thought it was the 4th film of the Lion King series but it was just a short film
    Raiders of the Lost Ark - 8/10 - Classic, started watching the Indiana Jones films.
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - 7/10 - Didn't get into it as much as the first.
    The Boss Baby - 6/10.
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 9/10 - Really enjoyed this one, best one of the lot.
    Cars - 7/10.
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 7/10 - OK for a watch, needn't have bothered making another one though.
    Toy Story - 9/10 - Took me back to my childhood, would have been 9
    How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 6/10.
    Toy Story 2 - 6/10.
    Mirror Mirror: The Untold Adventures of Snow White - 4/10.
    Toy Story 3 - 7/10.
    Crush (2013) - 5/10.
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 6/10 - Watched the first one a while back so following up on that.
    27 Dresses - 5/10.
    Jurassic Park III - 5/10 - Sucks big time.
    Jurassic World - 10/10 - Excellently done!
    Slumdog Millionaire - 8/10.
    Fatal Attraction - 7/10.
    A Beautiful Mind - 8/10.
    The Jungle Book (2016) - 6/10.
    Good Will Hunting - 9/10.
    Mulan - 5/10.
    The Shining - 5/10 - Bit controversial perhaps but as I'd never seen this before, I was really looking forwards to watching it. It did start off well but by the end, I thought it was ridiculously stupid. Majorly disappointed.
    The BFG - 5/10.
    No Country for Old Men - 7/10.
    Fracture - 7/10.
    Sin City - 6/10.
    Definitely, Maybe - 7/10.
    Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - 6/10.
    The Women - 4/10.
    Mad Max - 7/10. Great to watch an old classic!
    Mean Girls - 6/10.
    Mad Max 2 - 7/10, better than the first for me.

vCash
    Is Mike Bassett: England Manager worth watching? Do I have to be familiar with English football to appreciate the humor?

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Sin City 6/10?

Visually very cool!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by navpirx View Post
    Is Mike Bassett: England Manager worth watching? Do I have to be familiar with English football to appreciate the humor?
    Definitely, not watched it in years but it's a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Sin City 6/10?

Visually very cool!
    Not my bag really. If I was pushed, I'd say the 2nd one was better.

vCash
    That time again where I sum up the films we've watched in the past month:

The Wedding Planner - 4/10. Another yawn romantic 'comedy' that the missus picked, starring Jennifer Lopez.
    Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome - 5/10 - Worse film of the trilogy, very confusing and strange that there was the helicopter pilot from the last film that played a different character.
    Aladdin - 8/10 - What can I say? Classic from my own youth so I enjoyed watching this one again.
    Monsters University - 6/10 - Decided to watch the follow up having already seen and rated Monsters. Inc. It was OK, nothing special.
    Date Night - 6/10 - Tina Fey and Steve Carrell comedy, seen it before but didn't get much laughs this time around.
    Snatch - 9/10 - Ho, ho, ho! I loved watching this one again, especially with the GF never having seen it before! Kept reeling out the quotes before they were even said on film Amazing to realise that one of the characters in this plays Morgan in Walking Dead too!
    Casablanca - 7/10 - One that we watched on Valentine's. I'll say no more
    Mad Max: Fury Road - God, yes! Never seen this before and was building up to it after watching the original Mad Max films and it's amazing. Really, really enjoyed it!
    Black Panther - 9/10 - Marvel keeps chucking out the amazing films with yet another one about Wakanda. Watched this one in the cinema too which made it enjoyable to watch on the big screen.
    Runaway Bride - 5/10 - Richard Gere and Julia Roberts team up again for a borefest
    Die Hard: With a Vengeance - 8/10 - Watched the first two over Christmas so I put the third one and it may well be my favourite, especially with Samuel L. Jackson in it too.
    Die Hard 4.0 - 6/10 - It was OK, worth a watch but not in the same league as the 1st and 3rd films.

Think we did watch a few other ones but films we'd already seen/rated. Missus doing my head in picking films that we've already watched

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    No rating for Die Hard?

vCash

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Won a pair of tickets to a sneak peak last Wednesday to go see the remake of Death Wish with Bruce Willis in the Charles Bronson role....

If you like brainless action and revenge, then this is the movie for you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Won a pair of tickets to a sneak peak last Wednesday to go see the remake of Death Wish with Bruce Willis in the Charles Bronson role....

If you like brainless action and revenge, then this is the movie for you

vCash
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit - 7/10 - An old classic!
    A Good Day to Die Hard - 5/10 - Not sure why they bothered making another one, very poor plot.
    Step Brothers - 7/10 - Usual Will Ferrell chuckles film.
    300 - 9/10 - This is Sparta! The film that kicked off Gerard Butler's career.
    Panic Room - 7/10 - Solid film, weird to think that the girl in this is Kristen Stewart.
    Wreck-It Ralph - 7/10 - Enjoyed seeing some old school video game characters.
    Rio - 6/10 - 'twas an OK watch.
    The Hangover - 8/10 - Funny film, does wear off a bit after you've seen it a few times though.
    Matilda - 7/10 - Typical Roald Dahl film.
    Tangled - 6/10 - Boring.
    300: Rise of an Empire - 4/10 - Very poor follow-up to 300.
    Happy Death Day - 6/10 - Supposed to be a mystery thriller sort of film but it was a bit daft by the end.
    Gravity - 7/10 - Solid film, perhaps a bit predictable.
    Alien - 7/10 - Never been a massive fan of the Alien films but was good to watch it again.
    The Resident - 5/10 - Very weird film starting Hilary Swank and 'Negan' from Walking Dead.
    No Good Deed - 6/10 - One of those predictable crime dramas.
    Aliens - 7/10 - Good follow up to the first movie.
    Predator - 6/10 - Decided to watch these too given that they crossover with the Alien films. It's a good watch but I think I do prefer Alien.
    Obsessed - 4/10 - Poor film with Beyonce and Idris Elba.
    Predator 2 - 5/10 - Predators in LA? Nope!
    Friends with Benefits - 8/10 - Decent comedy and it gets an 8 just for Mila Kunis
    Alien³ - 6/10 - OK, worth a watch but definitely losing its appeal.
    Murder by Numbers - 7/10 - Decent crime movie with Sandra Bullock and a young Ryan Gosling.
    Alien: Resurrection - 5/10 - Why did they bother?
    AVP: Alien vs. Predator - 5/10 - Not a total write-off.
    13 Going on 30 - 5/10 - Thanks for a wasted couple of hours, GF!
    Man of the House - 6/10 - Tommy Lee Jones comedy.
    Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem - 5/10 - Why did they bother?
    Predators - 7/10 - Definitely a more enjoyable film.
    Prometheus - 7/10 - Thought this was poor when I first watched it but this time, it wasn't too bad.
    Sex and the City - 5/10 -
    Red Eye - 6/10 - OK film as a thriller.
    Alien: Covenant - 6/10 - The plot's a bit ridiculous now, isn't it? I thought it had potential after Prometheus but it's all gone wrong.

Some shite movies in there! I've basically gone on a Aliens/Predator marathon this month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Predator - 6/10 - Decided to watch these too given that they crossover with the Alien films. It's a good watch but I think I do prefer Alien.
    So disappointed in you Mark It's an Arnie classic with some great quotes!

vCash
    I know, I think I should have given it a 7 really. It's just the second one I didn't like as much. I'll change my vote

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AJ is online now Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    You spend way too much time watching crap movies. Are these all Holly's choices?

vCash
    We take in turns to pick films, yeah. She'll often put movies on that we've seen before which I've already rated so I don't bother putting them up on here!

vCash
    Went to see Black Panther last night as it was the last one of the Marvel movies I needed to see before Avengers: Infinity War which I'm going to see tomorrow.

A very decent movie with lots of action, but also a good storyline. There was plenty of humor and good dialogues, but I feel they could have gone deeper into the characters.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I lack the patience to sit out anything over 90 minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Went to see Black Panther last night as it was the last one of the Marvel movies I needed to see before Avengers: Infinity War which I'm going to see tomorrow.

A very decent movie with lots of action, but also a good storyline. There was plenty of humor and good dialogues, but I feel they could have gone deeper into the characters.
    I thought it was pretty good. The main focus was on the bad guy's history and the black panther himself, I agree. Would have been good to see more of who Martin Freeman's character is and the sister. I forget her name, the technological one!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I thought it was pretty good. The main focus was on the bad guy's history and the black panther himself, I agree. Would have been good to see more of who Martin Freeman's character is and the sister. I forget her name, the technological one!
    Shuri. She brought quite some humour into the movie as well.

Tomorrow it's Infinity War for me. I've been hyped up for that one for years now and hope it will live up to the expectations.
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Check out the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and International Managers Competition
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

vCash
    Yup, going to try and see it myself over the next week or so

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Me and my two boys are going to watch Infinity War on Sunday! I dont know who's more excited, me or them

27. The Following User Says Thank You to hornbloweroafc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    So I literally just got out of the theatre and Infinity War lives up to the hype!

The trailers throw you off track chronologically. But the story is good, the action is good, the dialogues are insanely good and funny, it looks amazing and the plot twist is very well done. It sets up the stage for part 2 next year in May so another hype to live forward to.

I rate it 10/10 as a fanboy.
    Last edited by GFRay; 28-04-18 at 12:44 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yep, watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it! Without putting spoilers, the end and post credit scene - OMFG!

10/10 and only a year to wait for part 2!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to hornbloweroafc For This Useful Post:

VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hornbloweroafc View Post
    Yep, watched it yesterday and really enjoyed it! Without putting spoilers, the end and post credit scene - OMFG!

10/10 and only a year to wait for part 2!
    that good?

Are you guys marvel fanboys or neutral movie viewers who actually loved this movie?