Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
Results 1,101 to 1,121 of 1121

Thread: Films

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    The first one was pretty good.... watched it with the kids. Haven't bothered with any of the others

vCash

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Avengers: Endgame - 11/10
    If you like Marvel films...its everything you want and more!!!

fantastic

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London35 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just watched Avengers Endgame. Wow. Just wow.

The end of an Era. But what an Era it has been. Best movie Marvel ever made. Period.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Watched Avengers:Endgame Saturday. Fantastic film and end to an era. Looking forward to where they go from here.

vCash
    Yep, can't argue with that. Watched it yesterday too (made missus go after she'd watched it with her sister on Friday!). Good ending to the series, won't give too much away. Almost seems a shame that it's all over now.

vCash
    Kronk's New Groove - 5/10.
    The Seven Year Itch - 6/10.
    The Rescuers Down Under - 6/10.
    The House Bunny - 5/10.
    Thumbelina - 4/10.
    Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen - 3/10.
    The Help - 9/10.

*FINALLY WATCHING HER SHITTY DVDs! We've now subscribed to Amazon Prime and Netflix for a month. I'm pretty much picking a random category now and picking the first movie we've not seen before:

The Commuter - 6/10.
    American Psycho - 7/10.
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 8/10.
    The Silence - 6/10.
    Pixels - 6/10.
    The Open House - 5/10.
    Creed - 8/10.
    The Perfect Date - 5/10.
    Ace Ventura: Pet Detective - 8/10.
    The Mummy - 7/10.
    The Fugitive - 8/10.
    Law Abiding Citizen - 10/10.
    Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - 5/10.
    The Equalizer - 8/10.
    The Spy Who Dumped Me - 6/10.
    Johnny English Reborn - 6/10.
    Let's Be Cops - 5/10.
    Sex Tape - 6/10.
    Down a Dark Hall - 4/10.
    Avengers: Endgame - 10/10.
    Killers - 6/10.
    Baywatch - 5/10.

vCash
    Mark, you have way too much free time on your hands if you have time to watch all that crap.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've had time off this month though, had a week off with Holly over Easter.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hornbloweroafc View Post
    Watched Avengers:Endgame Saturday. Fantastic film and end to an era. Looking forward to where they go from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yep, can't argue with that. Watched it yesterday too (made missus go after she'd watched it with her sister on Friday!). Good ending to the series, won't give too much away. Almost seems a shame that it's all over now.
    Phase 4 is already in the works. Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2, Dr. Strange 2, a Black Widow film.... plus some new stand-alone films. Disney bought the rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four..... plus with their new streaming service with a Loki show and potential other spinoffs..... we'll have our fill of Marvel movies for years to come. They got 9 slots reserved over the next 5 years
    Last edited by Craig Forrest; 02-05-19 at 05:51 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Phase 4 is already in the works. Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2, Dr. Strange 2, a Black Widow film.... plus some new stand-alone films. Disney bought the rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four..... plus with their new streaming service with a Loki show and potential other spinoffs..... we'll have our fill of Marvel movies for years to come. They got 9 slots reserved over the next 5 years
    More of an end of the era for that particular group of Avengers. No more centric movies based on them, and moving it on to the next generation. Spiderman, Black Panther, etc. and then the gradual inclusion of the other characters they've acquired too. Disney won't be stupid and rush things, they'll milk it for as much as they can. And with X-Men still having two thriving commodities left - X-Men Phoenix film and Deadpool/X-Force still to come - they'll group that money and leave it for a while before making another shitload.

Hell, isn't there still the Defenders (or whatever they were called) from Netflix too include in their MCU?

vCash
    Anyone seen the new Spider-Man: Far from Home trailer? Fucking goes all in with spoilers from Endgame, but answers some questions - while hinting to others- people have from that film. Worth checking out, definitely looks potentially good and to shape post-infinity saga MCU.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Watched these over the last few days:

Avengers: Infinity Wars 9/10
    Doctor Strange 8/10
    Valerian and the city of a thousand planets 6.5/10
    Tomb Raider (2018) 6/10
    Assassins Creed 6/10
    Last edited by Dermotron; 10-05-19 at 12:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Anyone seen the new Spider-Man: Far from Home trailer? Fucking goes all in with spoilers from Endgame, but answers some questions - while hinting to others- people have from that film. Worth checking out, definitely looks potentially good and to shape post-infinity saga MCU.
    Mysterio is the master of fakeness (is that a word) and illusion...

what you see and hear in that trailer could be a lot of bull that he is doing and making peter see...clever double bluff by writers/director of the film if so....

vCash
    Every one of these films is on Netflix. Can't wait to get through my watchlist.

I Feel Pretty - 4/10 - Unfunny, boring, just pointless. I happen to like Amy Schumer (her sketch show and Trainwreck, at least), but this is a bona-fide dud.

In a Relationship - 6/10 - Not awful. Emma Roberts needs to stop playing 18-year-olds at some point. Think she's older than me.

Dude - 6/10 - Thought I'd given this a 5, was trying to remember where the 6 came from... there's boobs.

Little Evil - 5/10 - Horror-comedy, everyone's least favourite genre.

The Lazarus Effect - 5/10 - A non-awful storyline ruined by leaning too heavily on sudden loud noises to make you jump.

Baby Mama - 4/10 - Why is everything that Tina Fey and Amy Poehler star in together shite?

6 Balloons - Did Not Finish - For fuck's sake. Mumblecore at its worst. Pointless, couldn't be arsed.

The Big Lebowski - 7/10 - Enjoyable. I'd kinda seen it before in what I guess was a cool bar, with no sound (but subtitles). Better with sound.

The Spy Who Dumped Me - 4/10 - Mila Kunis = babe. Kate McKinnon = twat.

Kodachrome - 6/10 - Elizabeth Olsen is a babe. Spends this entire film flirting with Jason Sudeikis, effectively teasing us all. The rest of it's alright if not a little forgettable.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    A bit international flavour:

El secreto de sus ojos/ The Secret in Their Eyes (Argentina/ Drama, Mystery, Romance/8,2 imdb) Won an Oscar!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1305806...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

El laberinto del fauno/Pan's Labyrinth (Spain/ Drama, Fantasy, War/8,2 imdb) Excellent movie!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457430...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Abre les ojos/ Open your eyes (Spain/Drama, Mystery, Thriller/7,8 imdb) Good enough for Hollywood to copy it with Vanilla Sky, watch the original!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0125659/?ref_=fn_al_tt_10

Hundraĺringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann/ The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (Sweden/ Adventure, Comedy/7,1 imdb) From time to time a bit absurd, nevertheless entertaining!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2113681...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Good Bye Lenin! (Germany/Comedy, Drama, Romance/7,7 imdb) Flashback in time.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0301357...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Amélie (France/Comedy, Romance/8,3 imdb) One to watch with your lady!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Kung Fury (Sweden/Action, Comedy/8,0 imdb) Short movie, 31 min. Deliberately over the top
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3472226/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Festen (Denmark/Drama/8,1 imdb) Bizar movie!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0154420/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ong-bak (Thailand/Action, Crime, Thriller/ 7,2 imdb) If martial arts and action is your thing, do watch this one!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368909...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

The lobster (Ireland+UK/Comedy, Drama, Romance/7,1 imdb) An odd movie, a bit in style of The Grand Budapest Hotel imo.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3464902...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Soul kitchen (Germany/Comedy, Drama/7,3 imdb) Naturally I had to finish this list with a bit of flavoured feelgood movie!
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1244668/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Defo some picks for you Mark to watch with your missus!

vCash
    Obviously not too many I’ve heard of in there, but I loved The Lobster! Very weird.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by London35 View Post
    Mysterio is the master of fakeness (is that a word) and illusion...

what you see and hear in that trailer could be a lot of bull that he is doing and making peter see...clever double bluff by writers/director of the film if so....
    No shit

But the certain character development based on things from Endgame on the character of Spider-Man himself is very forward thinking imo.

Back to topic:

Spirited Away - 10/10 - What a film. Beautiful, imaginative and just... It engages you in ways that most anime films don't and, at a level, shows the first level of social criticism than most doesn't. I dunno, maybe it is because of my degree and doing stupid essays on such aspects that make me a little alert of such commentary, but it's done so 'nicely' within the structure that it doesn't take away anything. I felt for the characters, I was engaged with the story, and the music just made it all the more engaging. I've still got another Miyazaki film to go, and I'm excited to watch it but want just the 'right' time to watch it....

Coco - 10/10 - Damn, went in thinking it would be an alright movie, came out with awesomeness. Best Pixar film since Up, and deserves so much love. Not flet that much emotion in a film in a long while - though not seen many since new job.

vCash
    The Lorax - 5/10
    The Night Eats the World - 4/10
    Hop - 4/10
    The Do-Over - 6/10
    The Maze Runner - 7/10
    Welcome Home - 5/10
    The Girl with All the Gifts - 4/10
    Life as We Know It - 5/10
    Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle - 6/10
    The Last Summer - 5/10
    Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - 5/10
    Wine Country - 4/10
    Vicky Cristina Barcelona - 6/10
    RoboCop - 7/10
    The Duff - 6/10
    Snowpiercer - 6/10
    Evan Almighty - 5/10
    Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip - 4/10
    Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - 4/10
    21 Jump Street - 7/10
    Liar Liar - 8/10
    Hush - 8/10
    Bad Neighbours - 7/10
    Storks - 4/10
    The Next Three Days - 7/10
    Casper - 7/10
    What Keeps You Alive - 5/10

Some dreadful films in there. It seems there's not a lot of decent films available on Netflix, definitely miss just picking decent films through Kodi!

Says it all that the highest rated film was a favourite of mine growing up - Liar Liar

vCash
    Avengers: Endgame - 6/10 - Got dragged to this having not seen any Avengers films previously. The only Avengers-related film I've seen is Ant-Man and that's only because I like Paul Rudd. Anyway, not boring but too loud. Don't see the appeal but unwilling to debate it

Brad's Status - 6/10 - Ben has a midlife crisis and narrates it. Don't remember much about this but apparently it's as good as Avengers.

Unicorn Store - 6/10 - Pretty damn weird but more entertaining than I'd feared. Brie Larson (babe) directs and stars... don't know why the hell Samuel L. Jackson agreed to it, mind.

Hearts Beat Loud - 6/10 - Easy watch, fairly predictable. Father and daughter bond over music despite her initial reluctance. Music was alright.

The Miseducation of Cameron Post - 6/10 - Fairly forgettable but didn't bore me.

The Revenant - 7/10 - Had this on my list for ages but put off by the length. Finally got around to it and it didn't feel as long as it was, which is probably a sign that I enjoyed it. Feel as though it was only nominated for millions of awards in recognition of how difficult it must've been to film; wasn't amazing.

Dog Days - 6/10 - I'm a sucker for an ensemble cast so watched this despite it sounding dreadful. Wasn't dreadful.

Brain on Fire - 5/10 - Takes an hour-and-a-half to show you what can be gleaned from the synopsis

Carol - 6/10 - Gently paced, not a great deal happens, but if you stick it out you get 'infrequent strong sex'.

Sicario 2 - 7/10 - Enjoyed the first one and was reluctant to watch this as it sounded like a spin-off rather than a sequel, but it was pretty good, very well done.

Mute - 6/10 - Assumed it was a comedy tbh, so was pretty surprised when it got going. Not bad but not good.

The Infiltrator - 7/10 - I enjoyed it, but even though it's a little over two hours it still feels like they tried to squeeze too much in and rushed it, didn't really build tension. Reckon it would've worked better as one of those six-part series that are all the rage.

Only got two films (The Hateful Eight and Bird Box) left on my Netflix list, woohoo!

vCash
    Got no internet so going through unwatched DVDs for a bit when I have time. First one:

Hotel Artemis - 6/10 - Thought it was solid watch, Jodie Foster was brilliant and the setting was intriguing, but it was very elimental to it's genre. Took no risks and played it self without really doing nothing different. Again, disappointing as it had such a decent concept.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445