Thread: Moving countries between confederations?

vCash

Moving countries between confederations?

Hi!

So there are three things I'd like to do that involve moving countries between confederations, namely:

1. Move Kazakhstan to UEFA (non-playable to non-playable)
    2. Move Australia to AFC (playable to playable)

and the one I think might be the most complex,

3. Move New Zealand (non-playable) to AFC, renaming it South Korea, and moving South Korea (playable) to OFC, renaming it New Zealand, to result in a playable NZ league in Oceania and a non-playable South Korea in Asia.

If I'm not wrong I've seen Kazakhstan moved to Europe in other data updates so I guess that's doable (but how?); would Australia (and ROK) being a playable league have an effect on it being movable from one confederation to another?

vCash
    I've never tried anything like this but number 3 intrigues me.

I've just tried the following:

Original:
    0060E682 |> \68 44999D00 PUSH OFFSET 009D9944; /Arg2 = ASCII "New Zealand"
    0060EA5F |> \68 D0149B00 PUSH OFFSET 009B14D0; /Arg2 = ASCII "South Korea"

Modified:
    0060E682 |> \68 44999D00 PUSH OFFSET 009B14D0;
    0060EA5F |> \68 D0149B00 PUSH OFFSET 009D9944;

This has the effect of swapping every reference to the two counties in the exe. New Zealand appears on the list of selectable leagues but the game crashes when loading.

It gave the following errors before it crashed
    kor_league.cpp 78
    comp_util.cpp 241 (relates to code @ 004AFC8D)
    kor_fa_cup.cpp 69
    kor_league_cup.cpp 703 (relates to code @ 0066D041)
    comp_stats.cpp 1664 (6 times)

The same mechanism could be used to swap references to the leagues, that might be worth trying.
    --
    edit: just realised, there are no New Zealand leagues in the data - so you'd need to create them first, then edit the exe to use the new competition names instead of Korean Super Cup, Korean League Cup, Korean League, and Korean FA Cup.

Lines to edit are:
    00611564 |> \68 609E9D00 PUSH OFFSET 009D9E60; /Arg2 = ASCII "Korean Super Cup"
    0061157F |> 68 4C9E9D00 PUSH OFFSET 009D9E4C; /Arg2 = ASCII "Korean League Cup"
    0061159A |> 68 24E59C00 PUSH OFFSET 009CE524; /Arg2 = ASCII "Korean League"
    006115B5 |> 68 3C9E9D00 PUSH OFFSET 009D9E3C; /Arg2 = ASCII "Korean FA Cup"

Or rather, go to the offset (push offset X) location and edit the exe to match the new competions - although you'd need to keep names short as there is limited space, e.g. 'New Zealand Super Cup' is too long but 'NewZealandSuperCup' is OK.
    Last edited by JohnLocke; 24-12-14 at 10:14 PM.

3. Might have something to do with the fact that the exe wants teams from the Korean League in both the League Cup and Korean Cup.... but if you've told the exe that the South Korean offset is now for NZ and vice versa, it's probably confused.....

your suggestion of swapping the league reference offsets is probably on the right track

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Might have something to do with the fact that the exe wants teams from the Korean League in both the League Cup and Korean Cup.... but if you've told the exe that the South Korean offset is now for NZ and vice versa, it's probably confused.....
    I think I've figured out one of the errors (kor_league_cup.cpp 703), I think this was because the league had no teams in it - which I think will be because the game was looking for clubs in New Zealand and playing in the Korean League and there were no such clubs.

vCash
    Hmmm. I have no idea what to do with offset stuff. I suppose I have some research ahead of me here!

But what I get from your posts here, first one should create the new NZ leagues, populate the Korean leagues with NZ teams and NZ leagues with Korean teams, then do the offset stuff you mentioned?

vCash
    You should just need to create 4 New Zealand competitions to mirror the South Korean competitions below.

Korean Super Cup - max 19 characters ("Phoenix Challenge"?)
    Korean League Cup - max 19 characters ("White Ribbon Cup"?)
    Korean League - max 15 characters ("ASB Premiership"?)
    Korean FA Cup - max 19 characters ("Chatham Cup"?)

Then using the same technique as above the exe can be amended to use the new names.

In fact, I think I should be able to create a Flex editor file to make the change really simple.

vCash
    Save the following as a text file, then use it with the Flex Editor (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...do=file&id=201).

Code:
    NewZealand 0x5D9944 String:11 "Nation: New Zealand"
    SouthKorea 0x5B14D0 String:11 "Nation: South Korea"
    SouthKoreanSuperCup 0x5D9E60 String:19 "Korean Super Cup"
    SouthKoreanLeagueCup 0x5D9E4C String:19 "Korean League Cup"
    SouthKoreanLeague 0x5CE524 String:15 "Korean League"
    SouthKoreanFACup 0x5D9E3C String:19 "Korean FA Cup"
    I can't be 100% sure this will work but if you post the your data (after creating the New Zealand competitions) I'll see if I can fix any errors that occur.

vCash
    Haven't tried this yet but it just occurred to me... the Korean (playable) league has teams that go into the Asian Club Championship, Cup Winners' Cup and Super Cup... how would this be affected by the league moving to OFC? I imagine this participation is somewhere in the hardcode... could that be reassigned to the 'new' South Korea, after the other changes are made?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapinoe View Post
    Haven't tried this yet but it just occurred to me... the Korean (playable) league has teams that go into the Asian Club Championship, Cup Winners' Cup and Super Cup... how would this be affected by the league moving to OFC? I imagine this participation is somewhere in the hardcode... could that be reassigned to the 'new' South Korea, after the other changes are made?
    Good point. The code that seems picks nations for the 'asia_club_champ.cpp' can be found at 0x40B950, the line for South Korea (which would now be New Zealand) is:
    0040B9FA | MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF484]; this would need changing to [9CF3F4] (originally New Zealand but now South Korea).

I'll keep looking for the other competitions you mention.

--
    edit:
    0040BCDC | JE SHORT 0040BD3D - this code will, I think, need to be changed to JMP SHORT 0040BD3D.
    The surrounding code checks whether South Korea (now New Zealand) is active, then looks at the Korean League (now New Zealand league) - and we don't want this competition to look at New Zealand. The above change should just make the game skip this bit of code (which is what happens when South Korea isn't selected anyway). I assume the code is, if the league is active, dealing with getting the current champions in order for them to participate.
    Last edited by JohnLocke; 27-12-14 at 11:07 AM.

vCash
    'asia_cup_winner.cpp', code is at 0x40D830, line for South Korea is 0040D8E4 |MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF484]; just change to [9CF3F4] as above.

vCash
    The Asian Super Cup just invites the winners to the Asian Champions Cup and Asian Cup Winners Cup right? If so, that shouldn't need altering.

vCash
    Then by extension, moving Kazakhstan to Europe and Australia to Asia would require such a change too, I gather? Since those would (or should) be one-way moves without a country moving the other direction, would it be possible to just change the appropriate lines such that Andorra's lines are changed to the Kazakhstan hex, and the Saudi Arabia lines for the Asian comps to Australia's hex?

Keeping always in mind that my comprehension at the moment of all this hex stuff is about equivalent to this:

vCash
    Then by extension, moving Kazakhstan to Europe and Australia to Asia would require such a change too, I gather? Since those would (or should) be one-way moves without a country moving the other direction, would it be possible to just change the appropriate lines such that Andorra's lines are changed to the Kazakhstan hex, and the Saudi Arabia lines for the Asian comps to Australia's hex?
    Possibly, I'd need to look at each reference to each country you mentioned and figure out what it's for - and what the consequences would be if another country were there instead.

Also, I've just realised that so far I've only looked at references to South Korea - I'll also need to look at all references to New Zealand, e.g. a club from South Korea shouldn't play in the Oceania Club Championship.

vCash
    Okay finally wanting to set to trying this, and I lose at step one How does one add leagues? I looked in the official editor, CM Explorer, Flex and Tri Wasano's editor, but I can't find a way to do it?

vCash
    No idea how to add new competitions. Couldn't you just use some leagues that are already existent within the database, such as the Malaysian and Indonesian leagues?

vCash
    Okay finally wanting to set to trying this, and I lose at step one How does one add leagues? I looked in the official editor, CM Explorer, Flex and Tri Wasano's editor, but I can't find a way to do it?
    Tri Wasano > open an existing competition, then 'Create New Competition'.

vCash
    Okay so I've added the NZ leagues, and used that text from JohnLocke in Flex to make those changes. For safety's sake I added 10 of the 13 NZ clubs to the new NZ League, the remaining 3 to the Amateur League and filled that out to the same number of teams as the Korean Amateur League, and filled the other new leagues that mirror the Korean leagues (High School and University Leagues).

I started a new game, and New Zealand showed up in league selection. I selected it only, and then I got the following 3 errors (not more, just these), in this order:

v3.9.68 comp_util..cpp 241
    v3.9.68 Database..cpp 13126
    v3.9.68 human_manager..cpp 2826

and then CTD.

vCash
    Hmm, could try moving New Zealand into Asia to see if that alters the error messages.

vCash
    You could also try using the Big On/Off Switch to disable the cup competitions to see if that reduces the number of errors.

vCash
    so why don't u simply swapp NZ with S.K?!

vCash
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking? That's what we're trying to do...?

vCash
    well,just like regular league swap...just swap league of S.K. to be NZ league...no need to add leagues via tri wasano or other stuff...
    it is just a matter of adding NZ data to DB cause,i presume there is a very low NZ data in DB...

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking? That's what we're trying to do...?

vCash
    Would that work, though, what with moving from one confederation to another?

As I understand things, the structure for the ROK league would then mean that NZ would be in Asia instead of Oceania, and NZ teams would show up in Asian competitions, etc., and I get the impression that this would cause a whole mess of issues, which is why I was asking in the first place. I'd like for NZ to remain in Oceania and take part in Oceanian competitions and ROK to stay in Asia and play in AFC competitions...

vCash
    SK COMPS AND SK CAN BE MOVED TO OCEANIA,BUT HOW GAME WOULD REACT I DON'T KNOW UNTIL I TRY...MOVING AUSTRALIA TO ASIA RESULT AUSTRALIAN TEAMS TAKE PART OF ASIAN COMPS,WITH ALTERING SOME OFFSETS TO ASIAN CL AND ASIAN CWC COMPS.

vCash
    Okay so I've added the NZ leagues, and used that text from JohnLocke in Flex to make those changes. For safety's sake I added 10 of the 13 NZ clubs to the new NZ League, the remaining 3 to the Amateur League and filled that out to the same number of teams as the Korean Amateur League, and filled the other new leagues that mirror the Korean leagues (High School and University Leagues).

I started a new game, and New Zealand showed up in league selection. I selected it only, and then I got the following 3 errors (not more, just these), in this order:

v3.9.68 comp_util..cpp 241
    v3.9.68 Database..cpp 13126
    v3.9.68 human_manager..cpp 2826

and then CTD.
    I've been thinking. Can you try the same thing again but don't swap the names of the counties? Then try starting a game and select South Korea and post what errors you get.