View Poll Results: Should I sign a new 5 year contract with Feyenoord with the objective of building a Champions Leagu

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sign a new 5 year contract with Feyenoord!

5 45.45%
  • Sign a contract with Liverpool!

1 9.09%
  • Sign a contract with Spurs!

5 45.45%
  • Sign a contract with Arsenal!

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [STORY] Feyenoord after Koeman

Great 1st leg mate - what are tactics for 2nd leg? Defend an counter attack or try and get away goal of your own?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eejit View Post
    That is a great win, but you need to watch that away goal. They are going to have to attack at some point, so maybe Claise with a goal on the counter attack to kill the tie. If all 4 ties stayed the same that would be some result for you. There are no easy games, but some are less hard than others !

PS. I told you they were fat and lazy !
    Counterattack it will have to be, yes. Clasie or Van Ginkel might score.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Great 1st leg mate - what are tactics for 2nd leg? Defend an counter attack or try and get away goal of your own?
    I think we need an away goal. They'll score at one point and then the second goal would be deadly so we can't rely on our defence entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    In the driving seat but need to be wary.
    In practical terms, what does that mean, though?
    Last edited by samsami; 21-03-15 at 10:21 AM.

Feyenoord knock Ajax out of the Dutch Cup

We really dominate in the Netherlands at the moment, especially in the big games! In fact, Ajax did not get a single shot on target and we never seemed to be in any danger of being eliminated. It would almost get boring, except that beating Ajax is never boring, of course

We will now be facing PSV in the Cup Final at the very end of the season!

Three days later we defeated Heerenveen with two goals by Van Ginkel who played brilliantly again. The only problem is that Kozak got injured. He will be out for about 3 weeks.

It should be obvious that nothing can stop us anymore from winning our third title in a row!

We almost believe we are ready for AS Roma now! Even with three unhappy squad members!
    Both Mitrovic and Kozak will not be available, though.
    Last edited by samsami; 01-08-18 at 04:48 PM.

Vilhena injured....that's no coincidence...

three unhappies do not make the team play any less. I'd say start full on offence, make a goal and revert to long ball tactics.

Totally dominant at home

I'd say dont take your foot off the gas until you've got the 6th
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Quote Originally Posted by ajvonkrondor View Post
    Vilhena injured....that's no coincidence...

Three unhappies do not make the team play any less. I'd say start full on offence, make a goal and revert to long ball tactics.
    I have never played Defensive + Counterattack before. Not sure if it's wise to do that now....
    I usually play Attacking (and no counterattack) and short ball.
    What is the advantage of long balls?
    Do you mean make a goals and then defend, counterattack, long ball???
    Last edited by samsami; 21-03-15 at 09:59 PM.

Go with your heart . . .

Go with your heart . . .
    Yes, it's the most important game of the season. You know we have played six away matches in the CL so far this season and although we qualified in Phase One and Phase Two we still lost 2-0 in four of those six away matches. If that happens against AS Roma now we are eliminated in the Quarter Finals after the 3-1 win at home. Shudder

Go with your heart . . .
    My heart tells me to attack! I hate defending. My finger nails hate defending, too.

What I mean is that when you start the game you have pressing on, short passing and go full on attack. As soon as you score you are 90% certain to get to the next round.
    So start as you are used to. When you go in front, if you manage that, take your foot off the gas. Take pressing off and revert to mixed or even long passing. Perhaps even take off a striker and go 451.

Vermeer signs new contract with Feyenoord

After a lot of negotiation, and just a few days before the Champions League Quarter Final second leg, Vermeer finally signs a new contract! The timing could not have been better!

Now just to make sure that we are not entering the final stages of the season with two unhappy key players in our squad, we made both Kongolo and Clasie available for transfer. They will have to finish the season now anyway and we'd rather have them be content than unhappy.

Obviously we also offered them new contracts, but if they do decide to leave we'll try and get good money for them, of course. More than what the newspaper reports say.

So now we are ready for AS Roma!
    Last edited by samsami; 01-08-18 at 04:49 PM.

Feyenoord fortunate to eliminate Roma

After having lost 2-0 in European away matches four times already this season, we knew that merely defending our 3-1 lead in Rome would most likely lead to disaster, so we started out quite aggressively, using pressing tactics and hoping for an early goal.

Now because Mitrovic and Kozak are both injured we had only Guidetti as striker, but our midfield with Toornstra, Boetius, Clasie and Van Ginkel is of course very strong and all four players are known to score important goals at times.

Such a plan looks good on paper, but the first blow came after just twelve minutes when John Guidetti picked up an injury and had to go off. We brought on Basacikoglu as forward; we had very little choice, of course.

Then, only a minute later and just when things looked bleak for us, El Ahmadi skipped past Bender, continued coming forward and passed to ball to Clasie who showed Martial a clean set of heels and scored with a vicious strike!! If FC Barcelona really does want Clasie they will have to be prepared to pay a good price for him!

We immediately changed to a more defensive tactic, knowing that Roma would have a hard time scoring three goals against us. But as it turned out we could not be too sure of that because barely five minutes later Alcace scored a great goal for Roma and with still more than 70 minutes to play they now only needed two goals!

Ten minutes later we received yet another blow when El Ahmadi had to go off injured. Van Ginkel replaced him as defensive midfielder and we brought on Promes. Of course our chances to score were now further reduced and we would sorely miss El Ahmadi, too.

To make matters worse, within two minutes Promes was shown a yellow card after he pushed Corchia and Roma became even more dangerous, but with a lot of effort we withstood the pressure until half time.

We knew the second half would last long and we could do very little but defend. But again, our midfielders managed to upset Roma. Van Ginkel moved up with the ball and searched out Toornstra, who brought the ball into the area, hit a hopeful shot and found the net!!

Of course, that basically decided the game as Roma would have to score four goals now, which would never happen of course, and in the remaining time there were no more goals, although Van Beek was shown a yellow card, but nobody seemed to mind that.

With only two shots on target and two goals we have been more than lucky to-day!

On the other hand, Guidetti and El Ahmadi will miss the Champions League semi final matches as they will both be out for about three weeks with injuries.

The semi final draw looks like this.

A few days later Kongolo signs a contract with Southampton.

Last edited by samsami; 01-08-18 at 04:50 PM.

Brilliant ! You couldn't have asked for more from your lads. Even without the goals, you would still have gone through, so the defense deserves as much credit as the midfield. Leverkeusen as the bonus as well. This could be your year

How much did you get for Kongolo ?

How much did you get for Kongolo ?
    Almost 8 Million.

But why does he leave us for Genoa first, then come back and then go to Southampton? What is he thinking?

His decision is based upon international standing of the club and the national competition.

I mean, there is a world of difference between Man Utd away or FC Veendam away.

Solid game against Roma, looks like a CL final against Bayern may be on the cards here. Could it be.....?

Quote Originally Posted by ajvonkrondor View Post
    His decision is based upon international standing of the club and the national competition.

I mean, there is a world of difference between Man Utd away or FC Veendam away.

Solid game against Roma, looks like a CL final against Bayern may be on the cards here. Could it be.....?
    Leverkusen won the group with Chelsea in it! They are pretty good!
    Tomorrow I will post a scouting report on Leverkusen and a report on our current injuries.
    On Wednesday I hope to post a report of the match against Leverkusen in Germany.
    Last edited by samsami; 23-03-15 at 11:09 AM.

What a smash and grab away win to take you through

Shame about the injuries

Looks the better draw on paper but as you say they topped their group so no S/F game will be easy!

I have been reading for this the last week or two - great work! Looking forward to hopefully an exciting finish to the season.

I may be tempting fate here, and apologies for doing so, but I'm curious to know that if you do the unthinkable and win the CL...would you stay until the end of the calender year to compete in the Club World Cup? (Someone mentioned on the first page of this thread that they wanted to see the rise to the top of the world!).

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeBourbon View Post
    I have been reading for this the last week or two - great work! Looking forward to hopefully an exciting finish to the season.

I may be tempting fate here, and apologies for doing so, but I'm curious to know that if you do the unthinkable and win the CL...would you stay until the end of the calender year to compete in the Club World Cup? (Someone mentioned on the first page of this thread that they wanted to see the rise to the top of the world!).
    I don't think we will win the Champions League. That is indeed the unthinkable

I think it's a 40%-50% chance that we will win the semi-finals, but the finals we will not win, I don't think. Unless we are extremely lucky. And I don't want to cheat! And because two of our best players (Clasie and Kongolo) are leaving and we also need a new defensive midfielder and a new right defender, next year the team will not be as good as this year. Also we had a lot of luck this year (in Lisbon where we beat Benfica and in Rome where we beat AS Roma) so this is our best year ever'. I really don't think this will happen again. Feyenoord does not have enough money to buy four good new players. So this is probably my final year. Three titles in a row and the semi finals of the Champions League is more than I expected!
    Last edited by samsami; 31-03-15 at 06:27 PM.

No title yet for Feyenoord

With all three of our strikers (Guidetti, Mitrovic and Kozak) and our defensive midfielder (El Ahmadi) all injured we still beat Willem II without any difficulty. Basacikoglu was our striker in this game but the goals were scored by our midfielders again. Nice to know you can count on them!

Promes was sent off, though, after he pushed Knops over, and Van Ginkel got injured during the game so we have to use a lot of subs at this stage...

In the next match we could already secure our third title, when we played FC Twente in Enschede. Kozak was back from injury so at least we had a decent striker again and fortunately Van Ginkel was also back already from his injury, but we still miss El Ahmadi as we do not have another defensive midfielder. And in addition Van Beek was injured in training so he was not available either.

Now Kozak played for less than five minutes and then he got injured again(!) so Basacikoglu had to play as striker once more. Therefore we brought in Joey Sleegers as midfielder and it took him less than 60 seconds to score! Then, in the eighth minute already, Basacikoglu scored our second goal and the title was in the bag. Or so we thought.

After half time we had run out of steam though, and FC Twente somehow managed to score three goals! Just goes to show that you can never relax. This was our second defeat this season.

PSV beat Ajax 3-0 and we can now win the title in our next home match against PSV, on May 5th.

But first we have to play Bayer Leverkusen!

Our main problem is, we have a busy schedule with only important and some very difficult matches and too many injuries!
    Last edited by samsami; 01-08-18 at 04:50 PM.

League title is surely just delayed by a few days. The mounting injuries must be a worry and Kozak breaking down after 4 minutes is a massive blow. What do your physios say about him ?

League title is surely just delayed by a few days. The mounting injuries must be a worry and Kozak breaking down after 4 minutes is a massive blow. What do your physios say about him ?
    It was probably my mistake. I brought him in before he was completely fit.

All three physio reports are the same.

Mitrovic is fit for the Leverkusen match, though.
    Last edited by samsami; 24-03-15 at 02:29 PM.

What can Feyenoord achieve in Leverkusen?

While we lost to FC Twente, our scouts saw Bayer Leverkusen beat Braunschweig. They played extremely well, using a 4-4-2 tactic. Both strikers are very good and their most expensive star player even scored a hat-trick. Their defence was the least impressive part of their team in this match. Their new goalkeeper, Petr Ceck, played a solid game.

But if we look at the table it should be clear that their defence must be good, too. And surprisingly, they actually do not even score all that many goals in the Bundesliga. Perhaps Ceck is their most valuable player and responsible for their current success?

In the Champions League Group Phase they barely qualified in Phase One but did extremely well in Phase Two. So all in all, it is hard to know what we can expect. It's good for us, perhaps, that two of their defenders were injured in their match with Benfica and are now unavailable.

Meanwhile, our problem is that we have several injured squad players. Especially Guidetti and El Ahmadi will be sorely missed! But we only need one striker for the away match and at least we have Mitrovic.

So as usual we will rely heavily on our midfield. The only problem is that they are mostly attacking midfielders and none of them like the defensive midfielder role very much. Van Ginkel does reasonably well in that position. Alternatively, Clasie can play there, too. But both Van Ginkel and Clasie are more likely to score as central midfielders. And we should definitely try and score a goal in Leverkusen!

Most likely this will be the lineup in Leverkusen then.

Last edited by samsami; 01-08-18 at 04:51 PM.

Cracking keeper and 2 good striers they have - not that much to fear otherwise tho!

Forgoe the league and save the players for Europe!

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

Two league defeats in a season!!

As in the last round, the away leg against Levekusen will be key. And as you metioned, they don't score much.
    You could make the Final here!